The Silencer & Black Garter

Comments

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,588Chief of Staff
    :)) It may be true- there are a lot of shops selling "parts of the wall", so many of them that you'd think it was the same length!

However, there's no truth to the rumour that they tore it down because it didn't match the iron curtains.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,864MI6 Agent
    I wonder how many walls could be built from the pieces sold over the years, a bit like the pieces of Christ's cross? :D
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I think you'll find the Romans owned the cross ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Dirty PunkerDirty Punker ...Your Eyes Only, darling."Posts: 2,587MI6 Agent
    This past weekend, I had my first Vodka Martini.
    (In case you were wondering, it's deemed legal to drink alcohol if you're under 18 when you're accompanied by an adult.)
    I looked like a total jerk-off to the waitress but I felt so cool asking for it "shaken...not stirred" (went for a happier LTK version).
    First impressions: sweet with a bitter after taste, Vesper was right on the money, though this was no "Vesper".
    It had no olive, so it was a proper "kangaroo kicker" but was disappointingly served in a standard rocks glass, not a v-one.
    While not a Bond song, a cover of "You Know I'm No Good" was playing in the background "he held me down like Roger Moore" felt appropriate, though he never personally asked for it that way in his movies.
    Will definitely drink more of it in the future.
    But for now, soda water, please.
    a reasonable rate of return
    The usual, takk :)

I can see someone called me from a place called Croydon in London yesterday. I didn't have the phone on me at the time and I don't want to phone back due to cost, but I did try to check the number via the net.Who in Croydon wants to contact me? What have I done wrong?
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Have you been running up a tab in the SABS, Number24? I hear there are lots of debt collectors in Croydon. Or have you not claimed for PPI yet? :#
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    PPI?

Who's that?
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,588Chief of Staff
    :)) Long story...
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    This past weekend, I had my first Vodka Martini.
    (In case you were wondering, it's deemed legal to drink alcohol if you're under 18 when you're accompanied by an adult.)

To be completely honest I’m not a huge fan of the drink - I prefer a nice scotch (or whisky) - but maybe I just haven’t had a good one made for me yet. -{
    I've never actually tried one ;%
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,780MI6 Agent
    (TB2 serves the drinks)
    There you all go.

I like a Vodka M with a dash of Vanilla, but essentially I'm with JTM on this.
    A neat Jamesons suits me nicely.
    This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    If you want to laugh with a Scandinavian accent I can reccomend "Lillehammer" and "Norsemen". the latter is even filmed in both Norwegian and English.
    A Coke Zero takk :)

Just finished watching the first season of Lillehammer thanks to your recommendation, N24. Really, really enjoyed it. Genuinely funny and unpredictable and strangely enough, there's even a "feel-good" factor. Can't wait to watch the rest of it.

A Coke-Zero for my Norwegian friend, please!

I loved Lillehammer.

It's how I picture N24's life :)) :))

Steve Van Zandt is fabulous.
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,632MI6 Agent
    Just finished watching the second season of Lillehammer. It's all N24's fault. And yes, Lady Rose, this programme is exactly how I now picture N24's life as well. I won't say which character is based on him, however!

Long live Muriburiland!

And in honour of our Norwegian friend, Landlord, please bring me a Coke Zero!
    All simularities between me and some characters in "Lilihammer" are purely coincidental :D

I just read the CEO of Netflix said the success of his company really started with Lilihammer.
    Netflix is producing some great shows.
    A Coke Zero, please.

A former English instructor ended up in prison. One of the other inmates told him if he made amorous advances towards the warden's wife, he'd get released early.
    "But I can't do that." said the professor. "It's improper to end a sentence with a proposition."
    :)) :)) :))
    There is the story of an English Prof who stated two negatives always make a positive.
    only to receive the sarcastic answer " Yea, Right !"
    Enjoying a few " Black Russians" and watching Liam Neeson in " Non Stop" tonight.
    So I'm feeling very relaxed. :D
    A question on 'The Chase' this evening ...

What is the Norwegian word for speed bump? Apparently the answer is fartsdump .... :)) :))
    It is "fartsdump" :D
    What is "The Chase" anyway?

BTW: Do you know what "end station" is in Swedish? :v
    The Chase, is a quiz show.
    https://youtu.be/jl1Zfz-Widc
    a famous clip with a question on Fanny Chmelar
    Number24 wrote:
    What is "The Chase" anyway?

BTW: Do you know what "end station" is in Swedish? :v

I've just looked it up ... FILTH !!!!
    :))
    I'd love to Visit :D
    The Chase, is a quiz show.
    https://youtu.be/jl1Zfz-Widc
    a famous clip with a question on Fanny Chmelar

That still makes me laugh and I've seen it a million times.

I love Bradley.
    Why did the blind fly starve to death?

It couldn't see sh1t :))

One Coke Zero, please.
  • VesperMelogranoVesperMelograno The SouthPosts: 901MI6 Agent
    I need all the drinks. The Swans are about to play.
    I've always wanted to have Christmas in Turkey
    The swans?
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,385MI6 Agent
    The Swans is the nickname for Swansea City Football Club they are playing Bournemouth in the Premier League.
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.