The Silencer & Black Garter

Comments

• AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    The Kent Police said thats what I used last Time :))
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    :)) :)) :))
    " When I find something that works, I stick with it !"
    Probably way before your time but it's a line from John Candy in " Splash"
    On pretending to drop money to look up girls skirts . :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    You just made me spit my Weetabix out. Cheers Mate ;%
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,569Chief of Staff
    You just made me spit my Weetabix out. Cheers Mate ;%

Weetabix at 11:30 :o

Kids nowadays 8-) :))
    YNWA 97
    Kids do stay up much later these days Sir Miles. It's not like your day
    with lights Out at 9pm and Nanny tucking you in to Bed. :p :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Worked this Morning :)) And it's too early for me to eat before I leave -{
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,569Chief of Staff
    Kids do stay up much later these days Sir Miles. It's not like your day
    with lights Out at 9pm and Nanny tucking you in to Bed. :p :D

Lights out ? You mean blow the candle out - can't stand this new-fangled electricity thing :))
    YNWA 97
    Not to get all political but. The Banks complaining about the downfall of civilisation
    In Scotland if they vote for independence. These are the same banks that basically
    Brought down the whole western financial system and never saw it coming ? :))
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,795MI6 Agent
    I have to say I enjoy the Scotish Independence election. There is a actually (half?) a people out there who want to independence from the UK to become more like Norway ..... :D
    :)) Yes . Who would have thought that ! :))
    :)) :))
    Funny how Bond can inspire people, just watched a short programme
    About the guy who invented the water jet pack. As a kid he watched
    Thunderball and wanted to fly like Bond {[]
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Not to get all political but. The Banks complaining about the downfall of civilisation
    In Scotland if they vote for independence. These are the same banks that basically
    Brought down the whole western financial system and never saw it coming ? :))

Yes ... Their credibility can certainly be questioned :))
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,322Chief of Staff
    It's pretty much the sole subject of conversation everywhere I've been recently (pubs, shops, pubs, workplaces, more pubs). You can't walk down any main street without coming across canvassers, meetings, etc. The media is full of it.
    I'll be glad when it's all over, whichever way the vote goes.
    Is that the X-factor vote, Barbel ? Thete's no other big
    Vote, is there ? :))
    I suppose the Braveheart Types will blame us English if NO wins 8-)
    Hey All of us, The Scots, The Irish and The welsh .... We ALL blame the English !
    For Everything ! :)) :)) :)) :p
    Although I will admitted to having halh my face blue, as last night
    I passed out in the toilet, straight into the toilet duck ! :))
    Is that the X-factor vote, Barbel ? :))

No, this one isn't fixed.
    :)) :)) :))
    Hey All of us, The Scots, The Irish and The welsh .... We ALL blame the English !

More precisely, not the entire English people. Just the way everything has to revolve around the SE corner- I don't think they realise how unfair that is or how much it upsets large numbers of people.
    I do believe one commentator who said that London was almost
    Independent from the rest of England ! :)
    One thing that surprised me was that Scotland only has about
    5 million people, I thought it would have been far more than that !
    But I guess those " deep fried Mars bars" take their toll. :D
    Got me thinking though that if Scotland has about 5 million, N.Ireland
    Has around 1.5 million and Wales with around 3 million, giving 9.5/10 million.
    That means England has a population of around 53 million ! That seems an
    Awful lot of people on a small island. :))
    Not making a point, just never thought about it before, found it interesting. :D
    And we still have so much free Space for for Homes
    There are plenty of " brown field" sites in city's and town which could be
    Easily built on, giving jobs and housing, yet keeping the countryside a
    " green and pleasant land " -{
    There supposed to be building a thousand new Homes on some Fields down the Road from me X-( I take the GF down there sometimes so it's a shame :#
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:

More precisely, not the entire English people. Just the way everything has to revolve around the SE corner- I don't think they realise how unfair that is or how much it upsets large numbers of people.

You're right. I know plenty of people in my home town of Liverpool who feel exactly the same way as the Scots and to be honest I can't blame them. Anything outside of London and the South East is pretty much dismissed. I still see a lot of Nothern towns struggling whilst London is positively thriving as always.

I heard a guy on the radio the other day saying exactly the same thing. It's not England per se that's the problem, Scotland basically doesn't like London.

Still. It would be a shame to break the Union in my opinion. I wouldn't trust Alex Salmond as far as I could throw him. He gives me the creeps :o
    There are large green areas of Scotland, once you get out of the central belt.

http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/rel/regional-trends/region-and-country-profiles/key-statistics-and-profiles---august-2012/key-statistics---scotland--august-2012.html

Most people are in the dark blue area (I'm on the western edge of the dark blue bit- to the east of Glasgow but to the west of the coast so basically out in the countryside).
    On the subject of maps .

Long ago at the start of " The Troubles" in N.Ireland an English minister poped
    Over for a look. At the army HQ there was a large map coloured in green and
    Orange. The minister asked what the green and orange colours meant.
    " They represent, either Nationalist or Unionist areas."
    The minister then asked " what does the big BLUE area represent then ?"
    A smilling army officer answered ...
    ..... " That represents Lough Neagh ! Sir ". :))
    :))