The Silencer & Black Garter

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    :)) :)) :)) poor old Ed.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Looking over some threads here are my highlights of the week. {[]

AlphaOmegaSin buys a Cardboard box.
    ACACIA_AVENUE, cleans a car
    Blackleiter, is unimpressed with Cameron Diaz's bottom.

and it's only Tuesday ! :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    I just read that in a Jeremy Clarkson Voice :))
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    ..... It's my inner monologue. ;)
    Which you can't be sacked from :D
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    Just make sure, I get some hot food after 9 ! :))
  • ACACIA_AVENUEACACIA_AVENUE UKPosts: 1,774MI6 Agent
    Looking over some threads here are my highlights of the week. {[]

AlphaOmegaSin buys a Cardboard box.
    ACACIA_AVENUE, cleans a car
    Blackleiter, is unimpressed with Cameron Diaz's bottom.

and it's only Tuesday ! :))

Now in my universe it would be:
    AlphaOmegaSin buys a Car.
    ACACIA_AVENUE, cleans Cameron Diaz's bottom.
    Blackleiter, is unimpressed with a Cardboard Box.
    :D
    One of us smells like a tart's handkerchief.
    :)) we all have our dreams. ;)
    'First there was a Dream, now there is Reality!' ;)
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    I'm not commenting on his or others politics but given the choice of having a pint
    with Cameron, Miliband, Clegg etc. I'd rather have a pint with Nigel. :))

That's how many Americans chose presients (sad, but true :# )

I can see how that works especially if you are undecided which party to go for. Which leader do you like personally the most?

I have applied the 'they're standing in a line up with Obama, Merkel and rootin' tootin' Putin' test before ... just who seems the most statesman like ...

Farage def the best to have a drink with though .... I'm glad he's still around. Politics is boring enough.
    I think Farage is basically a decent bloke, and very entertaining. To be honest I think
    UKIP will take over from the Lib Dems as the party for your protest vote. ;) If Cameron
    Goes through with his Idea of " Blue Collar Conservatives " , I think he's on to a winner.
    As for the leader of the Labour Party, I've already read one Joke about Idris Elba getting
    The gig. :))
    As for the leader of the Labour Party, I've already read one Joke about Idris Elba getting
    The gig. :))

:)) :))

I do feel a teeny weeny bit sorry for Ed.

I do think he was sincere just very misguide, too eager to please.

How he did not take one look at EdStone and not just laugh and say 'don't be ridiculous' to who ever suggested it ... If he couldn't see that was a massive mistake then perhaps its best he's gone off to Ibiza (hopefully he's taken Joey Essex with him) ...
    I'm surprised Joey Essex even knows what the Politics even means :))
    I'm certain Joey is a lovely bloke but I do feel it's so sad today that
    Stupidity is held up as an aspiration ! :#
    Some People say that he's just acting, if he is then he's been rather successful at it.
    edited May 2015
    Yep, he's got a career out of it. :D

Did anyone see Ed's big Bro on the news last night ? He didn't exactly
    give Ed a glowing tribute. :D another awkward family get together awaits. :))
    What do they say about revenge being served cold ?? ;) ;)

David must be bursting at the seams.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,797MI6 Agent
    I understand MP Chuka Umunna is tipped as the next Labour leader. Do you think the voters would exept a leader with African background?
    I don't think that would be a problem or indeed even an issue. He is one
    Of the new up and coming Labour stars but sadly his bald head might
    be a problem.
    I know it sounds silly, a but bald head or a beard aren't popular with voters. :D
    He also lost his cool during a Sky new interview and stormed out, which never
    Looks good.
    Cameron with his " Blue collar conservative " idea, is basically the Conservative's
    Take on " New Labour", I think it's a great bit of spin, and may well keep them in
    Power for ages.
    I don't think that would be a problem or indeed even an issue. He is one
    Of the new up and coming Labour stars but sadly his bald head might
    be a problem.
    I know it sounds silly, a but bald head or a beard aren't popular with voters. :D
    He also lost his cool during a Sky new interview and stormed out, which never
    Looks good.
    Cameron with his " Blue collar conservative " idea, is basically the Conservative's
    Take on " New Labour", I think it's a great bit of spin, and may well keep them in
    Power for ages.

His bald head - seriously? :))

I read Tony Blair went public with his support for Chuka Umunna. Will that hurt or help him?
    That will cut both ways, as Many people hate Blair as like him. The biggest
    Problem he'll have running for leader is that he is a professional politician. :#
    Just like all the other wannabe leaders.
    I think he would be very good but sadly Labour are still in the same position
    As when G Brown left, so they've wasted five years and will be only starting to
    Change from now. So I can't see them making any great strides in the next five.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,585Chief of Staff
    Cameron with his " Blue collar conservative " idea, is basically the Conservative's take on " New Labour", I think it's a great bit of spin, and may well keep them in
    Power for ages.

The Tories changing the boundaries for boroughs and therefore reducing the MP's down to 600 will do that...they plan on merging many Labour held seats together to give themselves more power...very sneaky...plus the vast cuts will be pushed through in the first 18 months...we need an upturn in world economy or there are very dark days ahead...
    YNWA 97
    That will cut both ways, as Many people hate Blair as like him. The biggest
    Problem he'll have running for leader is that he is a professional politician. :#
    Just like all the other wannabe leaders.
    I think he would be very good but sadly Labour are still in the same position
    As when G Brown left, so they've wasted five years and will be only starting to
    Change from now. So I can't see them making any great strides in the next five.

Ah ...... makes me remember the good old days (before I was born), when prime ministers were ex-factory workes who spent the war in consentation camps :)
    In the UK ( at least) there is a backlash against professional politicians.
    People who studied PPE at Uni, then became political assistants, leading
    To becoming an MP.
    That's why Nigel Farage is so popular, he's seen as " the little guy". Even
    Though he's from the same background. :))
    We see this "political class" too, but I think most MP's still have a background in real life. Many of them were teachers.

BTW: two of our PM's back in the 50's and 60's really were ex-KZ. One of them (Trygve Bratteli) was actually believed to be dead at one point. One of his friends walked the pile of stick-men corpses and saw a flicker of life in him. The friend carried him to the infirmary (usually a death sentence in it self), but he had nothing to loose. His friends gave parts of their tiny rations for him to eat and for bribes for the infirmary staff. He got out of the infirmary alive (few did) and survived the rest of the war in the KZ and the death marches at the end. True story. I wonder how these experiences shaped them as men and politicians. I also wonder how the Utøya terrorist attacks will shape politics in the future, because several of the survivors are already members of Parliament.
    During our election, one of the public actually said that many of the politicians had
    No idea of what it is to " Sweat" or " get their hands dirty" working. ;)
    Incidentally that degree many politicians do Philosophy, Politics and Economics.
    Is considered one of the easiest to get :)) it's not like medicine etc. I was listening
    To a BBC radio 4 programme on politics and they said a standard University joke
    About it was
    Why Don't PPE students look out of the window in the morning ?

Because they have to have something to do in the afternoon. :))
    I just looked up the statics fo the professional background of the members of our Parliament (It's called Stortinget - litterally "The Big Thing" :)) )

Runs own business: 20

Private sector employe: 50

Public sector employe: 46 (Teachers .....)

Worked for political party/organisation: 40 (the "political class")

Student/no occupation given: 19 (future "political class")
    Maybe our politicians have a similar line up in experience but the perception
    Of the public is that they all, study politics, help a political party then become
    an MP.
    This may not be true, but as I said the perception is what has become the truth.
    Actually, most of them have had real jobs:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2175695/One-seven-MPs-real-job.html

It seems the biggest problem in UK is that so many come from elite schools.
    I think this is very telling.
    But the latest research reveals that working class MPs have all but disappeared from Westminster. Just 25 former manual workers were elected as MPs in 2010, compared to 98 in 1979. Almost all of them are Labour MPs

Several members of the government went to the same school, same university, and
    Now running the same country. :))