Bond Blu-ray and 4k Film Club

Comments

• FiremassFiremass AlaskaPosts: 1,910MI6 Agent
    Is that last shot from To Catch a Thief?
    My current 10 favorite:

1. GE 2. MR 3. OP 4. TMWTGG 5. TSWLM 6. TND 7. TWINE 8.DN 9. GF 10. AVTAK
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 SwitzerlandPosts: 870MI6 Agent
    Firemass wrote:
    Is that last shot from To Catch a Thief?

That is correct Sir, from the Blu-ray.
    Dalton Rulez™
  • heartbroken_mr_draxheartbroken_mr_drax New Zealand Posts: 2,073MI6 Agent
    The early films look insanely good on the latest Blu-ray releases, in particular DN, TB and OHMSS.

The later films IMO already looked quite clear based on the more modern production, so aren't as impressive. However, the models in MR look even better...
    1. TWINE 2. FYEO 3. MR 4. TLD 5. TSWLM 6. OHMSS 7. DN 8. OP 9. AVTAK 10. TMWTGG 11. QoS 12. GE 13. CR 14. TB 15. FRWL 16. TND 17. LTK 18. GF 19. SF 20. LaLD 21. YOLT 22. NTTD 23. DAD 24. DAF. 25. SP

"Better make that two."
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,378Chief of Staff
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Im guessing 4K releases are practically prep'd and ready to go judging most of them been shown in theatres!

Then again it will prob take an eternity for EON to release them like the blu rays

If they are prepped and ready then I think Eon would have to release them within 2 years...wouldn't make any sense otherwise...
    YNWA 97
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    @BJB006,

I think that you need to calibrate your tv - the colours are farr too extreme and contrast is too high. I have sent you a pm.
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Im guessing 4K releases are practically prep'd and ready to go judging most of them been shown in theatres!

Then again it will prob take an eternity for EON to release them like the blu rays

If they are prepped and ready then I think Eon would have to release them within 2 years...wouldn't make any sense otherwise...

I assumed they restored / scanned and held onto the 1080P versions for years before finally releasing the blu rays
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I still find it amazing to see just how good looking those
    Early Bonds look on Bluray
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:

I assumed they restored / scanned and held onto the 1080P versions for years before finally releasing the blu rays

I wonder how long it actually took them to 'restore' the movies to bluray standard? The latter ones would be already done for them, but the early ones must have taken a few years...
    YNWA 97
  • sniperUKsniperUK UlsterPosts: 594MI6 Agent
    Most were restored to 4K masters before the bluray releases and downscaled to 2K so 4k releases shouldn't be too hard to release.
    Exactly! {[]

@sniperUK: Do you know which movies have not been restored in 4K?

• sniperUKsniperUK UlsterPosts: 594MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    Exactly! {[]

@sniperUK: Do you know which movies have not been restored in 4K?

Actually looks like all of them have been done , especially the fantastic Dalton ones :D

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/james-bond-in-4k.545418/
    sniperUK wrote:
    Most were restored to 4K masters before the bluray releases and downscaled to 2K so 4k releases shouldn't be too hard to release.

Didn't know that -{

I'd expect the 4K versions out within two years...
    YNWA 97
    That was well known and published. You should read some posts of the good people on AJB :D

Higgins wrote:
    That was well known and published. You should read some posts of the good people on AJB :D

Ah...but you know I'm only ever at the grubby end of AJB :( :D
    YNWA 97
    that's why we don't see each other very often here :)) :)) :))

Higgins wrote:
    that's why we don't see each other very often here :)) :)) :))

Which is why I choose to stay at the grubby end :p :))
    YNWA 97
  • IanFryerIanFryer Posts: 327MI6 Agent
    Recent Bond BluRay find - the Danish release of Dr. No, brand new and sealed on a market stall in Selby, North Yorkshire!
    Dr_No.jpg
    Looks like the german release - cover text is german at least.

As far as I know the denish market receives he original version with denish subtitles.

Come to think of it, that is the German cover - I'm at work so pulled the image offline - I'll have to check when I get home. Really in the mood to watch it now, possibly because I really need a holiday and some Jamaican sun and Red Stripe beer would go down well right now!
    Back home now - this is the cover of my copy
    dr-no-agent-007-med-ratt-att-doda-blu-ray.jpg
    Reading through " Some kind of hero" , I quickly had to rewatch TMWTGG as on reading the
    Relevant chapter. I was informed of a mistake I'd never noticed before ! This may be common
    Knowledge to many but new to me :D
    I can't believe after hundreds of viewings I'd never noticed ....... When Bond lands his sea plane
    The left wings " flotation " arm is missing ( as it had been damaged during filming ) . Meaning
    The pilot had to be very, very skilled to land the thing at all . -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Dirty PunkerDirty Punker ...Your Eyes Only, darling."Posts: 2,587MI6 Agent
    From the angle it was shot, I don't think it would've been that easy to spot.
    Interesting.
    a reasonable rate of return
    You'll soon learn anything with me has to be bigger than the usual :)) :)) goes for ego and d*** as well :D :D :D :D

I own all of the Bond films several times.

The record holds TND:

1 -LaserDisc
    2 -original US DVD release
    3 -SE German DVD release
    4 -SE 40th Anniversary DVD release in the silver suitcase
    5 -single Blu-ray original release
    6 -Bond 50 Blu-ray Box
    7 -2015 US release single Blu-ray
    8 -The James Bond Collection Blu-ray box
    9 -digitally on iTunes

now do better :)) -{ -{
    Dalton Rulez™
    :))
    I started taping them off the telly, then bought the vhs copies, then the wide-screen vhs.
    Next came the DVDs, then dvd ultimate collection and now the Blu-ray collection as well
    As having them copied to several memory cards in my phones and tablets. I also bought the
    HD versions on Google Movies.
    Each time my wife would ask " what's different with this set ?" ..... She doesn't know about me
    Buying the digital downloads from Google. ;)
    Infact long before video, I used to tape them on to audio tape, to listen to them back at night.
    Infact Higgins was doing that in the cinema :))
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    No VHS? :)
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • MrGoreMrGore Posts: 129MI6 Agent
    I saw a sad sight today in my town High Street.

Early morning, outside a closed charity shop, a partially opened bag with VHS boxes of Bond movies literally spilling out onto the street. Goldfinger, AVTAK, LTK, all of them. People just walking by and looking down at them.

A home clearout?

Then again, maybe someone was upgrading to Steelbooks.
    Sad indeed :# , I gave mine ( VHS copies ) to a young kid close to where I live who had
    an interest in the Bond films........ but still kept all my DVDs ;)
    Well I found a way to present my Bond ranking in yet another different way... :))

From my No 1 OHMSS to my No 24 Skyfall here are all the Blu-ray covers of the US Blu-ray single disc releases in 2015.

There is something special in this, let's see who finds it first :007)

full.jpg
    Dalton Rulez™
  • Dirty PunkerDirty Punker ...Your Eyes Only, darling."Posts: 2,587MI6 Agent
    Yes, I thought I saw a SPECTRE at your collection.
    a reasonable rate of return
    Yes, I thought I saw a SPECTRE at your collection.

ha ha, that was fast -{ :))

Here's the artwork with which I made the Blu-ray cover which I put over the UGLY original one :))

full.jpg
    Dalton Rulez™