Production news and rumours with spoilers

Comments

• Virgil37Virgil37 Posts: 1,212MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    Virgil37 wrote:
    Call me what you will, but my guess is, if Waltz is really Bloefeld, they are going to remake the "Bloefeld trilogy". In the novels that was TB, OHMSS and YOLT. Of course TB was already remade, so they have to come up with a new first act (Bond 24).

I doubt they are planning a Blofeld trillogy because Craig is only booked for Bond 24 and 25. There might be a Blofeld trillogy if Craig does a sixth movie, but there will be no remakes.

As if it were totally inconceivable to have Craig come back for a Bond 26. I think given the success they had with him, it's totally plausible that if 24 and 25 work he might come back for 26.

It might not be a trilogy, just a couple of movies. But again; if they really intend to bring the character Bloefeld back, they ought to tell the Bond vs Bloefeld story as per Fleming. Otherwise he's not Bloefeld, he's other character.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Would be cool to have a villain stick around for 2-3 films regardless of Craigs tenure
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Virgil37 wrote " Sorry, but that's just incompatible"
    I bow to your superior knowledge of how eon incorporated Bits of Fleming
    Into their Bond films. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,795MI6 Agent
    I think Blofeld is a too iconic villan to be used in only one movie. At the same time I think Blofeld will have more impact if he is a one-Bond villan. Idealy Blofeld is introduced in Bond 24 and is killed off in Craig's last Bond film, be it #25 or #26.
    Virgil37 wrote:
    Number24 wrote:
    Virgil37 wrote:
    Call me what you will, but my guess is, if Waltz is really Bloefeld, they are going to remake the "Bloefeld trilogy". In the novels that was TB, OHMSS and YOLT. Of course TB was already remade, so they have to come up with a new first act (Bond 24).

I doubt they are planning a Blofeld trillogy because Craig is only booked for Bond 24 and 25. There might be a Blofeld trillogy if Craig does a sixth movie, but there will be no remakes.

As if it were totally inconceivable to have Craig come back for a Bond 26. I think given the success they had with him, it's totally plausible that if 24 and 25 work he might come back for 26.

It might not be a trilogy, just a couple of movies. But again; if they really intend to bring the character Bloefeld back, they ought to tell the Bond vs Bloefeld story as per Fleming. Otherwise he's not Bloefeld, he's other character.

I wrote "I doubt they are planning a Blofeld trillogy". It might end up as a trillogy, but it would be silly to plan it as such while they don't know if Craig will be onboard that long.
    Due to a story I read, with a big spoiler in it, so I'll not
    Repeat it as it might be a load of Toro ;) but I now
    Don't think Waltz is Blofeld.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Would be cool to have a villain stick around for 2-3 films regardless of Craigs tenure

I agree on that.

Imagine Craig fighting for 2 or 3 moviels against the same big guy and finally get the next actor to finish him off.
    Would be a good start for that new guy! -{
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Have you read post 216 IE :)) some young guy has posted it already. ;)
    Or is your memory going ? :))
    Virgil37 wrote " Sorry, but that's just incompatible"
    I bow to your superior knowledge of how eon incorporated Bits of Fleming
    Into their Bond films. :))

What I meant is "new stories" and "Bloefeld" is incompatible in my mind. It's as if you wanted to do a movie with Scarlett O'Hara and Rhett Butler, but with "new stories", meaning nothing happenned as in "Gone with the Wind". That's plain nonesense.

I'm ok if they don't bring Bloefeld back and it's all new stories. But IMO if they do bring him back they are implying that Bond will meet Tracy, and will marry her and Bloefeld will kill her. How they tell that story is up to them, or if they call the movie other than OHMSS, or how they update it.

If we were discussing "Goldfinger back" and not Bloefeld, can you imagine Goldfinger with a new plan that doesn't involve gold? I can't.
    Number24 wrote:
    Idealy Blofeld is introduced in Bond 24 and is killed off in Craig's last Bond film, be it #25 or #26.

That would be awesome. Perfect departure for Craig. Killing Bloefeld.
    I don't want any old characters back .............. Except Blofeld. :))
    Sherlock has Moriarty, Batman has the Joker etc. Only my
    Opinion but I'd love to see Bond v Blofeld. Done in a
    contemporary style. :))
    I don't want any old characters back .............. Except Blofeld. :))
    Sherlock has Moriarty, Batman has the Joker etc. Only my
    Opinion but I'd love to see Bond v Blofeld. Done in a
    contemporary style. :))

But with "new stories", right?
    Absolutely {[] Bond must move forward not Back. :))
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent
    Virgil37 wrote:
    Ok, so bring back Bloefeld, and tell the story of Bloefeld vs Bond, but no Tracy, no wedding...and incorporate Fleming...Sorry, but that's just incompatible. If they bring back the character Fleming created, then they should create a parallel Bond universe where Bond doesn't meet Tracy, doesn't marry and kills Bloefeld for other reason than revenge.

Don't look know, but I think that's exactly what they did.
    But IMO if they do bring him back they are implying that Bond will meet Tracy, and will marry her and Bloefeld will kill her. How they tell that story is up to them, or if they call the movie other than OHMSS, or how they update it.

If we were discussing "Goldfinger back" and not Bloefeld, can you imagine Goldfinger with a new plan that doesn't involve gold? I can't.

Blofeld was in four movies that did not involve Tracy. One of them seemed to actively ignore the events of OHMSS. And OHMSS ignored the events of YOLT. There's really no canon to be loyal to in the film world.
    edited November 2014
    Just like Holmes and Moriarty don't have to plunge into the Reichenbach Falls to re-introduce Moriarty, Blofeld doesn't have to kill Tracy if they re-introduce him. Both villans have such powerful and interesting personalities they don't need the same story arch.
    +1, An old character but with new exciting stories. -{
    Virgil37 wrote:
    Ok, so bring back Bloefeld, and tell the story of Bloefeld vs Bond, but no Tracy, no wedding...and incorporate Fleming...Sorry, but that's just incompatible. If they bring back the character Fleming created, then they should create a parallel Bond universe where Bond doesn't meet Tracy, doesn't marry and kills Bloefeld for other reason than revenge.

Don't look know, but I think that's exactly what they did.
    But IMO if they do bring him back they are implying that Bond will meet Tracy, and will marry her and Bloefeld will kill her. How they tell that story is up to them, or if they call the movie other than OHMSS, or how they update it.

Blofeld was in four movies that did not involve Tracy. One of them seemed to actively ignore the events of OHMSS. And OHMSS ignored the events of YOLT. There's really no canon to be loyal to in the film world.

You'd had a point if they had skipped OHMSS altogether, but they filmed it, and there was a Tracy in Bond's universe. She had been Bond's wife in Moore's Bond, in Dalton's Bond and in Brosnan's Bond. Tracy hasn't appeared in Craig's Bond universe yet. But if her killer appears, she will.
    In my opinion Vesper has replaced Tracy in the Craig Bond films. I don't
    Think we'll be seeing Bond getting married and his new wife murdered
    InBond24. ............................. But I could be wrong :))
    They might hint at a connection with Vesper, being involved with
    Blofeld's network, Quantum. ;)
    Number24 wrote:
    Just like Holmes and Moriarty don't have to plunge into the Reichenbach Falls to re-introduce Moriarty, Blofeld doesn't have to kill Tracy if they re-introduce him. Both villans have such powerful and interesting personalities they don't need the same story arch.

I disagree. So far, Bloefeld is Bond's wife killer both in the movies and in the books, and Tracy is Bond's wife in movies and in books. If you bring back Bloefeld and not Tracy, you are actually re-writting Bond's history, not Bloefeld's.
    To be exact Irma Bunt killed Bond's wife. ;)
    I can only speak for myself but, switch Vesper's death for Tracy's and
    I'm good to go. :))
    Think you guys think too much into all this to be honest, more prob then EON

Im sure we will simply see a new Blofeld. I mean Moneypenny was introduced in Skyfall
    In my opinion Vesper has replaced Tracy in the Craig Bond films. I don't
    Think we'll be seeing Bond getting married and his new wife murdered
    InBond24. ............................. But I could be wrong :))
    They might hint at a connection with Vesper, being involved with
    Blofeld's network, Quantum. ;)

Thuderpussy, the new Ian Fleming. You are re-writting the Bond character. EON never did and never will. They update the character, but never create a new Bond. The Bond character has two important love affairs in his life: Vesper and Tracy. Craig met Vesper and will meet Tracy, even if they don't film it.

My bet is if Walz is Bloefeld, there will be a Tracy, even if the story does not involve Piz Gloria etc. Maybe not in Bond 24, but soon enough.
    How dare you sir, accusing anyone of thinking too much on AJB :))
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Think you guys think too much into all this to be honest, more prob then EON

Im sure we will simply see a new Blofeld. I mean Moneypenny was introduced in Skyfall

You're right, Welshie.
    Bunch of morons here :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Well,we both have valid points. but don't you think TP makes a good point? If Craig's Bond sees the love of his life killed a short time after proposing TWICE, wouldn't it be a bit too much?
    Virgil37, we'll never see eye to eye on this. So I'm backing off.
    Really excited with the news on Bond24, I'm sure they give us another
    Great film. {[] and it's not Bloefeld it's Blofeld. Not so much rewriting
    Fleming as getting it right . ;)
    Number24 wrote:
    Well,we both have valid points. but don't you think TP makes a good point? If Craig's Bond sees the love of his life killed a short time after proposing TWICE, wouldn't it be a bit too much?

Christ - dont think I could handle another bird of Craigs dying. We would have another revenge story again. QoS 2!!
    Happens all the time bloke marries two birds with the same name
    Only to have the killed by an over weight German sidekick. Happened
    To me only last week. ;)