Production news and rumours with spoilers

Comments

• Virgil37Virgil37 Posts: 1,212MI6 Agent
    To be exact Irma Bunt killed Bond's wife. 

Bond quiz: who gives the orders that Irma Bunt follows?

A. No one, she follows her instincts.
    B. No one, she has her own organization.
    C. Bloefeld.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Well he did say "exact" :D
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    Virgil37, we'll never see eye to eye on this. So I'm backing off.
    Really excited with the news on Bond24, I'm sure they give us another
    Great film. {[] and it's not Bloefeld it's Blofeld. Not so much rewriting
    Fleming as getting it right . ;)

I'm backing off too, I'm sure it'll be great whatever character Walz plays!
    I stand corrected: Blofeld. I rewrote one letter.
    You rewrote Bond's love life.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    How did Bunt get to such a position ? By showing initiative !
    ( watching the apprentice, showed me that)
    Poor old BLOFELD didn'tknow what she was planning ! He thought
    That big machinegun was a wedding present, and he was only driving
    So fast to try and catch Bond to give it to him ! ;)
    How was he to know ( with his bad neck and all) the mad woman would
    Only go and test fire it at that moment ?
    It's true, you just can't get get the help these days. :))

I also think it's very, very sexist of you to think a Woman has to take orders from
    A man ! Bunt was a modern woman doing her own thing, and I say " You go girl !" :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    I also think it's very, very sexist of you to think a Woman has to take orders from
    A man ! Bunt was a modern woman doing her own thing, and I say " You go girl !" 

Tell Ian Fleming, I didn't write that story. :D
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Bunt was a woman??

Wow - I need to rewatch!!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    :)) :)) :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • BleuvilleBleuville Posts: 384MI6 Agent
    To be exact Irma Bunt killed Bond's wife. ;)
    I can only speak for myself but, switch Vesper's death for Tracy's and
    I'm good to go. :))

Well Tracy is killed at the end of OHMSS (book& film) but Bond doesn't meet Blofeld until he goes to Japan in YOLT book.
    I like the idea of this cunning character, and the Fleming connection with the Oberhauser character.

In the OHMSS book Tracy was a blonde - so is Lea Seydoux, but I don't think that's going to happen.
    It'll be interesting to hear what her character IS called.

So did Franz (in the backstory) kill Bond's parents? Which body will they find at the end of the Austrian Glacier?
    Andrew Bond's? Tune in, in a year's time !

Bleuville.
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    Kent007 wrote:
    Virgil37 wrote:
    Call me what you will, but my guess is, if Waltz is really Bloefeld, they are going to remake the "Bloefeld trilogy". In the novels that was TB, OHMSS and YOLT. Of course TB was already remade, so they have to come up with a new first act (Bond 24).

I haven't got a problem with bringing Blofeld back as long as it's a 21st century version and that it's not just a rehash of any of the Blofeld's by Pleasance/Savalas/Gray

I'd also be against a remake of any of the films. As far as I'm concerned, if the franchise just starts remaking movies then the end is nigh.

There's enough creative and talented film makers wanting to work on Bond for them to keep coming up with original stories.

Yes, stick to the Bond formula but keep using elements of that formula in new ways.

I agree about skipping the remakes. {[]
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    Yes -{ The last Remake was rather poorly executed.
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent

Except MR, I'd LIKE to see that remade...
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
    A faithful Adaptation of MR is a Remake that I would not mind seeing -{
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,795MI6 Agent
    Bleuville wrote:
    To be exact Irma Bunt killed Bond's wife. ;)
    I can only speak for myself but, switch Vesper's death for Tracy's and
    I'm good to go. :))

Well Tracy is killed at the end of OHMSS (book& film) but Bond doesn't meet Blofeld until he goes to Japan in YOLT book.
    I like the idea of this cunning character, and the Fleming connection with the Oberhauser character.

In the OHMSS book Tracy was a blonde - so is Lea Seydoux, but I don't think that's going to happen.
    It'll be interesting to hear what her character IS called.

So did Franz (in the backstory) kill Bond's parents? Which body will they find at the end of the Austrian Glacier?
    Andrew Bond's? Tune in, in a year's time !

Bleuville.

Bond and Franz sharing a father figure I can buy, but Blofeld killing Bond's parents is just too much!
    The Craig Films have already focused on Bonds personal Issues, I think that should all be wrapped up now -{
    Stop quoting AVTAK. :)) sadly I think Bond's personal issues
    Are a part of the reboot, and after Craig hangs up his gun. The
    Next guy will have issues to deal with. :#
    I say they should scrap the whole idea of re-introducing Blofeld (if that is indeed the plan), and move on. I think Blofeld was covered well enough in the previous films and I really don't see a reason to recycle old villains.
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    I say they should scrap the whole idea of re-introducing Blofeld (if that is indeed the plan), and move on. I think Blofeld was covered well enough in the previous films and I really don't see a reason to recycle old villains.

I agree...we have enough in Quantum to build on. However a villain that sticks around for several Bonds is a good idea.
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
    Lexi wrote:
    However a villain that sticks around for several Bonds is a good idea

Yes, I like that idea. :007)
    Kent007 wrote:
    Virgil37 wrote:
    Call me what you will, but my guess is, if Waltz is really Bloefeld, they are going to remake the "Bloefeld trilogy". In the novels that was TB, OHMSS and YOLT. Of course TB was already remade, so they have to come up with a new first act (Bond 24).

I haven't got a problem with bringing Blofeld back as long as it's a 21st century version and that it's not just a rehash of any of the Blofeld's by Pleasance/Savalas/Gray

I'd also be against a remake of any of the films. As far as I'm concerned, if the franchise just starts remaking movies then the end is nigh.

There's enough creative and talented film makers wanting to work on Bond for them to keep coming up with original stories.

Yes, stick to the Bond formula but keep using elements of that formula in new ways.

What about skipping the characters?

I'll be fine either way. If they don't re-introduce Bloefeld, fine.

However, because the whole franchise has been rebooted with CR, and they have again the rights to the character, it would be great to see the him back.

Bloefeld is Bond's arch-nemesis, as someone posted, and even though he was the villain in all the movies from 1962 till 1971 (but Goldfinger), it's been 43 years since 1971. It's a different world, a different audience, and it would be a completely different character I guess.
  • Gala BrandGala Brand Posts: 1,172MI6 Agent
    Blofeld is to Bond as Moriarty is to Holmes.

Nothing wrong with re-imagining the character, so long as it is done right.
    chrisisall wrote:

And OHMSS/YOLT.
    OHMSS does not need a Remake :s
    Large parts of YOLT could be used but like AOS, I love OHMSS
    It's my #1 Bond film. {[]
    OHMSS does not need a Remake :s

I agree it's a great film, but it's not a question of "needing" a remake.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Virgil37 wrote:
    chrisisall wrote:

And OHMSS/YOLT.
    Oh please.
    Leave the classics - particularly OHMSS - alone.
    YOLT is defined by the volcano set (which is absolutely phantastic - no matter what you think about the movie) and stands out like that as well. TSWLM is NOT a remake of YOLT, it carries some similarities.

IMO ANY remake would be a slap in the face of EONs heritage. What we need are new ideas.
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Higgins wrote:
    Virgil37 wrote:
    chrisisall wrote:

And OHMSS/YOLT.
    Oh please.
    YOLT is defined by the volcano set (which is absolutely phantastic - no matter what you think about the movie) and stands out like that as well. TSWLM is NOT a remake of YOLT, it carries some similarities.

IMO ANY remake would be a slap in the face of EONs heritage. What we need are new ideas.

What about not remaking the films/novels exactly but taking characters from both stories and coming up with a couple of films with different titles that are new?

And regarding YOLT, the film, I really don't like the volcano. It worked in the 60s when the film was made, and I know it has lots of fans, but I much prefer Fleming's darker story which has never been filmed.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,326Chief of Staff
    Yes -{ The last Remake was rather poorly executed.

Nope! CR06 was streets ahead of CR67! :)
    Higgins wrote:
    Virgil37 wrote:
    chrisisall wrote:

And OHMSS/YOLT.
    Oh please.

Yes!!!! Leave the classics alone! :D