Production news and rumours with spoilers

Comments

• Virgil37Virgil37 Posts: 1,212MI6 Agent
    I think you guys still don't grasp the implications of rebooting a franchise.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,593Chief of Staff
    Virgil37 wrote:

It's re-booting the character NOT starting the series again from scratch...
    YNWA 97
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    Just remake NSNA if need be :))
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Virgil37 wrote:

You took the words right out of my mouth! -{
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Virgil37 wrote:

I get it, the reboot was CR and then it's business as usual, as if nothing happened. That's not re-booting a franchise.
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Virgil37 wrote:

Re-booting a franchise is exactly that: starting the series from scratch.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    Meatloaf again? :))
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    so long as you left the teeth in......... {:) :p :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Disgusting! :))
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    Disgusting! :))
    Oh my, a musical reference gone so wrong... :o
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2847824/Next-Bond-movie-shot-Rome-new-year-Fiat-500-car-chase-parachute-descent-007-Ponte-Sisto.html
    Another story about the filming in Rome, nothing new but as it's from the mail
    It's in English. :)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • AllStarNemesisAllStarNemesis Posts: 12MI6 Agent
    Waltz playing Blofeld is like a dream come true. They can right some of the wrongs that were done with the character. The discontinuity between YOLT and OHMSS. The characterization in DAF. The craptacular death in FYEO.
    Virgil37 wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

If you actually read what I wrote....I said CHARACTER not franchise 8-)
    YNWA 97
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Virgil37 wrote:

Yes, I read what you wrote and gave my own opinion. That a rebooting a franchise is starting THE WHOLE SERIES FROM SCRATCH.
    Waltz playing Blofeld is like a dream come true. They can right some of the wrongs that were done with the character. The discontinuity between YOLT and OHMSS. The characterization in DAF. The craptacular death in FYEO.

I agree. The character has not been very well treated in the franchise as a whole.
    Oh I don't know he got a plush Volcano pad, a Persian cat and a
    Lovely drag outfit out of it. So Blowie did OK, in my book . ;)
    Virgil37 wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Virgil37 wrote:

Yes, I read what you wrote and gave my own opinion. That a rebooting a franchise is starting THE WHOLE SERIES FROM SCRATCH.

It didn't come across that way...more that you were misreading my post on purpose....I didn't mention re-booting the franchise....just the character... 8-)
    YNWA 97
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Virgil37 wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

It didn't come across that way...more that you were misreading my post on purpose....I didn't mention re-booting the franchise....just the character... 8-)

What I meant is rebooting the franchise and the character is the same thing. How can you reboot just the character? What do you mean with rebooting the character? A new Bond would be "rebooting the character", as in OHMSS,LALD,TLD,GE... Rebooting the franchise is something else in my mind, is starting from scratch and being open to re-interpret old ideas and update them. Otherwise there's not point.
    To be honest, it's easy enough to reboot a character as with M.
    Judi Dench as M in the Brosnan movies, is ( in my mind) a different
    M, in the Craig Films. Same with Q. They've rebooted his character
    But he still serves the same function. :)
    I could probably explain this better over a pint. :))
    http://www.theguardian.com/film/2014/nov/25/new-james-bond-rome-italy-car-chases-action
    Just a report from the Guardian, on the filming in Rome ( nothing new)
    Only posting in case someone might have missed it. ;)
    Although I think a night time car chase sounds great. -{ along with some of
    The other stunts mentioned. :)
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Virgil37 wrote:

What I meant is rebooting the franchise and the character is the same thing. How can you reboot just the character? What do you mean with rebooting the character? A new Bond would be "rebooting the character", as in OHMSS,LALD,TLD,GE... Rebooting the franchise is something else in my mind, is starting from scratch and being open to re-interpret old ideas and update them. Otherwise there's not point.

They've even not only rebooted Felix Leiter's character... further explanations would bring me to a slap from BL and myself on very thin ice :)) :)) :))

Virgil37, you love to be right - and so am I. But your claim is just silly ;)
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Higgins wrote:
    Virgil37 wrote:

They've even not only rebooted Felix Leiter's character... further explanations would bring me to a slap from BL and myself on very thin ice :)) :)) :))

You are correct on all counts, Dear Higgins (including that potential slap! :)) )
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    I doubt that BL can muster up the Energy to raise an Eyebrow these Days :v
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    I doubt that BL can muster up the Energy to raise an Eyebrow these Days :v

You kids better not get my dander up! Now get off my porch! X-(
    :)) :)) :))
    You've done it now AOS !
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    At least I said Eyebrow, and nothing else :))
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    See, now you've made him angry :)) :)) :))

Now his pacemaker has to work overtime :D :D :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    :)) :)) :))
    Higgins wrote:
    Virgil37 wrote:

It's simpler than all that. I don't use "reboot" for characters. Rebooting a franchise is starting the franchise from 0, as Batman and Superman franchises did. What's silly about that? Silly is using the term and then pretending nothing happened, as if Brosnan, Moore or Dalton were still around.

Before CR nothing happened, so don 't be surprised to see Blofeld again or Goldfinger again, or any past characters or situations. Simple as that.
    The reboot is what ever the producers want it
    To be. :)) not what we want it to be. ;)