Anything Good on TV ?

Comments

• CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,246MI6 Agent
    Im watching THE BRIDES OF FU MANCHU at the moment starring the wonderful Christopher Lee, and the one and only Burt Kwouk ,
    Vincent Wong (DAD) also plays a part

And the gorgeous Tsai Chin from YOLT and CR. It was Tsai who made a certain 10 year old boy yearn for the glories of The East :D
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,593Chief of Staff
    im not one to watch celebrity get me out of the jungle ,but this time they have Sam Quek in it (who I hear you all cry) Sam is one of the Olympic gold medal winning ladies hockey team players ,I think shes fab ;% ;%

I don't watch that programme but I was tempted to when I found out Sam Quek was on it...

IMG_2317.jpg

It's because she's a massive Liverpool FC fan - honest :D
    YNWA 97
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,693MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:

I am probably in a minority here but I cannot stand this trio of self indulgent idiots.
    How can you not like jeremy Clarkson?? He punched piers Morgan for God's sake

Did he? Not all bad then, CC :))

Also known as assault and battery. Clarkson's a law onto himself. He's been down this road before. That's why he was fired. In short, he's a pillock.
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I'm not going to defend Clarkson hitting anyone, obviously that was wrong, ... Except for punching
    Piers Morgan ! I simply love the chemistry between the three guys. I find it a really funny show.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:
    How can you not like jeremy Clarkson?? He punched piers Morgan for God's sake

Did he? Not all bad then, CC :))

Also known as assault and battery. Clarkson's a law onto himself. He's been down this road before. That's why he was fired. In short, he's a pillock.
    Obviously I totally respect your view point and Clarkson is marmite, but anyone who punches piers Morgan deserves high praise, now that man is a total ****
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    I saw the Grand Tour right after midnight, damn it was good!!! Compared to that new "Top Gear" rubbish this was just a joy to watch, the banter is present as in the old days, it's basically old Top Gear with a huge, expensive turbocharger attached to it. And I'm loving it, can't wait for the next episode!
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    We can't mix up a person with their talents. Clarkson is difficult to respect as a man, but it doesn't mean he was not a great Top Gear host. It's used to be easier to be a rotten person and still be successful, like Buddy Rich. Nowadays people have to like you if they want to work with you.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    I watched JC on the Jonathan Ross show the other night ,expecting a good display from Jeremy ,but no quite boring in fact ,I did wonder if the JC top gear person is just an act , ????? ,but I don't mind him either way ,
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    In The Grand Tour, the Introduction of the celeb guests was hilarious :)) for years
    It's not been a motoring show but a comedy one. The three guys in a 4x4 race in
    Their last series was really funny too.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    In The Grand Tour, the Introduction of the celeb guests was hilarious :)) for years
    It's not been a motoring show but a comedy one. The three guys in a 4x4 race in
    Their last series was really funny too.

I actually thought the celeb bit was the worst part of the show :# otherwise I thought it was excellent -{
    YNWA 97
    I've recently watched a time traveling show " Timeless" it's pretty good.
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    I'm really enjoying planet earth 2 excellent, and shows what the BBC can do.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    Chriscoop wrote:
    I'm really enjoying planet earth 2 excellent, and shows what the BBC can do.

I'm watching that as well - it's amazing the lengths these camera crews go to -{
    YNWA 97
    The Grand Tour (ep2) totally hilarious, the three guys practicing a SAS type rescue, was
    so bloody funny. :)) , I loved the line about " Those were tears of bravery " :))
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,804MI6 Agent
    I wonder if NRK will show the...... show? Of cource they prefere slow TV. Is Captain Slow driving?
    At one point Cpt Slow was hanging out of the back window of a car........
    .... firing a machine gun ! :))
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    I just finished watching the ten-part "The Crown" on Netflix. I wasn't sure what I'd think of this--the early days of young Queen Elizabeth II (yawn)--but I was absolutely blown away. This isn't a gossipy serial; each episode is built around a particular event or person, so you get a complex, multifaceted view of Britain during the difficult post-war years. My favorite episode was probably on The Great Smog, which showed how a crisis in the weather nearly brought down the government. Fine performances by Claire Foy as Her Majesty the Queen and a surprising John Lithgow as Churchill. Nice to see a Yank playing a Brit for a change!
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • TND22TND22 Posts: 4MI6 Agent
    The Missing finale in 1 hour!!!
    TND22 wrote:
    The Missing finale in 1 hour!!!

Can't you find it ? :v
    YNWA 97
    Last night I watched the last series of Still Game - it was a joy to have Jack & Victor back, genuinely funny...I hope they come back for another series -{
    YNWA 97
    I'd never watched it before but found Still Game really funny. I hope they repeat some
    of the older shows.
    I'd never watched it before but found Still Game really funny. I hope they repeat some
    of the older shows.

I think we in England only got the show from Series 3 - although I'm sure they repeated Series 2 later on.
    YNWA 97
    edited December 2016
    I assume you're all not watching the women's ski jump world championship from Finland, just like me?
    It's on in the background while I'm reading biographies of Vladimir Putin and Donald Trump while sucking my thumb. This Xanax really tastes good....
    Oh...... and the floor is vibrating because my father is making wooden cups in the cellar.
    Michelle Yeoh will play Captain Georgiou in the new Star trek series. Congratulations!
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,693MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    Michelle Yeoh will play Captain Georgiou in the new Star trek series. Congratulations!

Yes, I wonder will she get to use her martial arts skills in her new role? :) -{
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    edited December 2016
    I don't see why not? She won't be the lead - her number two will be. Number 2 will also be played by woman.
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Did anyone catch 'Rillington Place' the other night ??

Super creepy performance from Tim Roth and usual star turn from Samantha Morton.
    Lady Rose wrote:
    Did anyone catch 'Rillington Place' the other night ??

Super creepy performance from Tim Roth and usual star turn from Samantha Morton.

Haven't watched it yet as it's a three-parter...
    YNWA 97
  • Sir Hillary BraySir Hillary Bray College of ArmsPosts: 2,174MI6 Agent
    Anyone here watch Peaky Blinders? A friend recommended it to me, but it is not very well-known in the US. I'm trying to decide whether or not to invest time with it, so any opinions would be welcome. Thanks.
    Hilly...you old devil!