(Bond 24) SPECTRE's Opening Credits Theme Song.

Comments

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,334Chief of Staff
    Virgil37 wrote:
    Not even Shirley Bassey did two in a row.

Nearly, though: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thunderball_(soundtrack)
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:
    Virgil37 wrote:

I brought that up earlier, though Dionne Warwick was much closer to having the song. Though both versions are fantastic, I might prefer the Warwick version.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • Virgil37Virgil37 Posts: 1,212MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:
    Virgil37 wrote:

Nearly, but she didn't do it. Adele was not so great that she should get a second title song so soon, IMO. Certainly not so great as Bassey in Goldfinger.
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent
    We can look for past examples or patterns as evidence as to why they might or might not go in a particular direction, but history's going to remember Craig's run as the one that broke with franchise tradition more often than not, so precedent is out the window here, really.
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    Virgil37 wrote:
    Barbel wrote:
    Virgil37 wrote:

Nearly, but she didn't do it. Adele was not so great that she should get a second title song so soon, IMO. Certainly not so great as Bassey in Goldfinger.

I would like to see her do a second Theme, but leave it for another couple of Films.
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    U2 need to do one. Goldeneye doesn't count. Needs to be the full band performing.

I know they're not as loved as they used to be, but neither was Madonna when DAD came out.

U2 need to do one before it's too late...
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
  • ShatterfangShatterfang Posts: 538MI6 Agent
    well they need to hurry, Bono is getting more annoying with each passing moment :#
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    He might put it up for free, ..... Again. :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,797MI6 Agent
    I would have loved it if U2 were asked to do the title song of LTK in 1989. The song and artist used didn't leave much of a mark, I think. Back in 1987 U2 were still new and edgy. A song along the lines of "With or without you" would fit LTK well. Now they are too established by far. EON has a tradition to use up and coming artists, and no'one can claim U2 is that now.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    With a title like "SPECTRE" I imagine a dark kind of theme. I don't think modern day U2 could pull it off unless they went back to their Achtung Baby days
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    EON has a tradition to use up and coming artists, and no'one can claim U2 is that now.

Most of the artists for Bond themes very big stars when they did their songs, like Tom Jones, Nancy Sinatra, Carly Simon, Duran Duran, aha, Jack White, Adele et. al. But they most of them had become big stars not long before they did their Bond themes. There were some exceptions, like Paul McCartney and Gladys Night, who were already very well established. But very few artists who have done Bond themes were up and coming.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • MilleniumForceMilleniumForce LondonPosts: 1,214MI6 Agent
    Don't like any of Sam Smith's own, but I do like his collaborations with Disclosure and Naughty Boy.
    1.LTK 2.AVTAK 3.OP 4.FYEO 5.TND 6.LALD 7.GE 8.GF 9.TSWLM 10.SPECTRE 11.SF 12.MR 13.YOLT 14.TLD 15.CR (06) 16.TMWTGG 17.TB 18.FRWL 19.TWINE 20.OHMSS 21.DAF 22.DAD 23.QoS 24.NSNA 25.DN 26.CR (67)
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,797MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    Number24 wrote:
    EON has a tradition to use up and coming artists, and no'one can claim U2 is that now.

Most of the artists for Bond themes very big stars when they did their songs, like Tom Jones, Nancy Sinatra, Carly Simon, Duran Duran, aha, Jack White, Adele et. al. But they most of them had become big stars not long before they did their Bond themes. There were some exceptions, like Paul McCartney and Gladys Night, who were already very well established. But very few artists who have done Bond themes were up and coming.

You make some good points. I guess it would be more correct to say that since the 1980's the artists have been relatively new to stardom or not really big stars? An exeption is obviously Madonna.
    I don't know if it's been mentioned, but what about NIN or Trent Reznor? I expect SPECTRE to be dark, so a dark song, even disturbing, might be appropiate. I can't see a poppy song working.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Reznor or Reznor & Atticus would be superb (cant see it though)
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    Jarvio wrote:
    U2 need to do one. Goldeneye doesn't count. Needs to be the full band performing.

I know they're not as loved as they used to be, but neither was Madonna when DAD came out.

U2 need to do one before it's too late...

I always wondered why didn't U2 perform Goldeneye themselves. Maybe the producers were after a Goldfinger vibe, but I think it could have worked great with U2. Similarly, Saltzman wanted to give Live and Let Die to Shirley Bassey again, but Paul McCartney and Wings did it and it's fantastic.
    Having NIN do the Theme would be an interesting Idea -{
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    With all these suggestions I haven't seen a certain group mentioned. Or maybe they have been mentioned and I missed it. How about The Rolling Stones do the theme?
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
    They have turned down one in the past, ;) maybe some fresh blood is needed ? :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Ellie Goulding?
    Meghan Trainor:

It's all about the base, secret base. No trouble. :))
  • armenianmoviemanarmenianmovieman The 818Posts: 674MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:

Then The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo comparisons would literally never end. lol
    Yes. Consssssiderably.
  • UnderwaterBattle007UnderwaterBattle007 Posts: 284MI6 Agent
    Mr Martini wrote:
    With all these suggestions I haven't seen a certain group mentioned. Or maybe they have been mentioned and I missed it. How about The Rolling Stones do the theme?

They should have done one in their prime which for me was 69 to 73 or the Mick Taylor years.

There is a saying that "If it isn't broken then you don't have to fix it"

That would certainly be the case if they did hand the gig back to Adele.
    FRWl, CR, OHMSS, TSWLM, SF, GF, TLD, LTK, TND, FYEO, OP,TWINE, GE, LALD, TB, SPECTRE, DN, YOLT, TMWTGG, QOS, MR, DAF, DAD, AVTAK, NTTD.

"Do you expect me to talk? "No Mister Bond I expect you to die"
    Like I said in Post 276, have Adele come back in a few Films Time.
    I'd love to hear a big ballad again , perhaps from Elton John ? -{
    Hasn't he been considered before?
    welshboy78 wrote:

Then The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo comparisons would literally never end. lol

So, Adele can't do another song for any movie, not just Bond, because comparisons with SF would never end, right? she even won an Oscar.
  • StirlingStirling ScotlandPosts: 65MI6 Agent
    Nobody has suggested Blur? I was born a bit late for all the brit pop but they've been around the block enough, they have the skills and all the tools needed to pull off a really good one.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,582Chief of Staff
    Stirling wrote:
    Nobody has suggested Blur? I was born a bit late for all the brit pop but they've been around the block enough, they have the skills and all the tools needed to pull off a really good one.

That's probably because Blur haven't been 'active' in over a decade...it was 12 years between their past two studio albums...and about 15 years since the last two featuring all the original members...I do like them though -{
    YNWA 97
  • ShatterfangShatterfang Posts: 538MI6 Agent
    What does everybody think about Gin Wigmore getting the job? If you don't know who i'm talking about, its the woman that sang the "What do you say about a man like that" song on the Heinekin trailer for Skyfall.