(Bond 24) SPECTRE's Opening Credits Theme Song.

Comments

• AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    How about Tom Jones returning?
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • Bmorelli11Bmorelli11 Posts: 197MI6 Agent
    +1 to this! Arctic Monkeys would be brilliant!
    I really don't like Sam Smith, and he doesn't have a Bond voice to me. I would love to see Arctic Monkeys do a theme, they did a great cover of DAF.
    You're that English secret agent from England | Instagram: @matchedperfectly | Web: www.matchedperfectly.us
  • SFPROPSSFPROPS USAPosts: 380MI6 Agent
    John Legend is a great idea.
  • UnderwaterBattle007UnderwaterBattle007 Posts: 284MI6 Agent
    Arh!!!! No!!!! Not the Artic Monkeys.

My lad was in a band that used to play about 5 of their songs every gig, that was the cue for me to go to the toilet or bar.

Kasabian or Noel Gallagher or even the Kings of Leon but please not the AM's.

Only my middled aged opinion of course!!
    FRWl, CR, OHMSS, TSWLM, SF, GF, TLD, LTK, TND, FYEO, OP,TWINE, GE, LALD, TB, SPECTRE, DN, YOLT, TMWTGG, QOS, MR, DAF, DAD, AVTAK, NTTD.

"Do you expect me to talk? "No Mister Bond I expect you to die"
  • HalconHalcon Zen TemplePosts: 486MI6 Agent
    SFPROPS wrote:
    John Legend is a great idea.

no it isn't...
  • IanTIanT Posts: 573MI6 Agent
    I still highly recommend Caro Emerald for the title song.

The Propellorheads did. Good take on the OHMSS theme too which eventually made it into TND with a few minor changes. Cracking workout track.
  • Will OnceWill Once Surrey, EnglandPosts: 24MI6 Agent
    As long as Adele doesn't try to rhyme Skyfall with crumble again.

Only saying. :)

Anyway, hasn't Taylor Swift already written the theme choon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcIy9NiNbmo

Replace "bad blood" with "Speck - ter" and we're there. Mind you, I do wish she hadn't tried to rhyme "problems" with "solve 'em." Tut! Pop divas of today! Don't they teach em nuffink in school?
    Didn't Rhianna say that she was interested in recording a main Theme?
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Last bit of speculation I read, still said not to rule Sam Smith out ? :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,584Chief of Staff
    Last bit of speculation I read, still said not to rule Sam Smith out ? :D

He's had his operation and can talk now...so...but he wouldn't be my choice...I don't like anything he done so far...
    YNWA 97
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    Really really hope not.
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • jasper_lamar_crabbjasper_lamar_crabb Posts: 169MI6 Agent
    Adele not doing the theme might be the same as Christoph Waltz not playing Blofeld.
    Rhianna would be a good shout!!!

Needs somebody with some real star factor rather then dreary X Factor :o
    I've always wanted Goldfrapp to record the theme, but I think their chance has passed...Florence + The Machine would be an inspired choice...probably a little too soon for them though...
    YNWA 97
    I'd still love to see Lady Gaga do a Bond theme. :)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    One Direction :))
    Not since we lost the most talented one, :#
    I hear he knew three chords on the guitar ! :))
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    How far in advance of the release of DAD did we know Madonna was singing the DAD theme? Did they pick her then give her a cameo, or did she have a cameo then get picked?
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • Gassy ManGassy Man USAPosts: 2,972MI6 Agent
    I don't think it's too late for Annie Lennox to sing a Bond song. I would have been fine with Goldfrapp or Duffy, too, for other Bond films, and I wish Amy Winehouse had done a Bond song. If the want to pick a male singer, I would go with Depeche Mode.

Whoever they pick, given that the title of the film is Spectre, should be able to evoke the proper feelings of suspense and. perhaps, terror that the title implies. It shouldn't be a bubble gum pop singer or a soul singer.
    I wonder how the Word SPECTRE will be incorporated into the Song and make it fit?
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    I wonder how the Word SPECTRE will be incorporated into the Song and make it fit?

If it's the word "Spectre" rather than the organisation "SPECTRE" I don't have any doubts they can make it fit.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    I'm always wording it with Capitals :))
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    No offense intended to any fans of any particular artists or bands but EON will more than likely choose a band or artist for the theme that has current popularity that is international ...unfortunately that's the nature of the business these days. It would be great to go back to a Shirley Bassey or Tom Jones but neither are song writers and while they remain great performers they will only be great if they have a great song to perform. Hopefully, if it is Adele again there was some collaboration between her and Thomas Newman and the theme will be incorporated in the film score.
  • ShatterfangShatterfang Posts: 538MI6 Agent
    I read recently that Adele has been debunked
    http://www.out.com/popnography/2015/6/10/sam-smith-sing-james-bond-spectre-theme
    A new story saying that Sam Smith is doing it . :D I guess we're all still guessing. :))
    Whoever does sing the theme Tune to Spectre, I'm sure they will do a spot on Job -{
  • LaserDraxLaserDrax Posts: 12MI6 Agent
    Kasabian. Serge lobbied for it in 2009.
  • Virgil37Virgil37 Posts: 1,212MI6 Agent
    Not Adele...Not even Shirley Bassey did two in a row.

Arctic Monkeys really deserve a shot at it. They're fans, they've covered DAF fantastically, they are excellent songwriters, and their last album AM was amazing, so they're in great shape.

The idea of Paul McCartney doing a second Bond song is intriguing, although I don't think he'd be interested. Wasn't he approached for QoS and said that he couldn't find anything rhyming with Solace? In any case, if he wanted to do it he would certainly pull it off, just avoiding a "you've got to give the other fella hell" kind of note.
    I dont think they are big enough names to be honest (Kasabian especially)

Are Arctic Monkeys big in US!?? I thought it was only us Brits who liked them (im no fan to be honest)
    welshboy78 wrote:
    I dont think they are big enough names to be honest (Kasabian especially)

Would be interested to see what Kasabian could come up with...
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Are Arctic Monkeys big in US!?? I thought it was only us Brits who liked them (im no fan to be honest)

They certainly pandered to the U.S. market with their last album...I don't rate them at all either...
    YNWA 97