(Bond 24) SPECTRE's Opening Credits Theme Song.

Comments

• StiffassBritStiffassBrit United KingdomPosts: 219MI6 Agent
    Stirling wrote:
    Nobody has suggested Blur? I was born a bit late for all the brit pop but they've been around the block enough, they have the skills and all the tools needed to pull off a really good one.
    Although I am a fan of blur, particularly their early stuff, I don't think Damon Albarn's voice is strong enough to carry off a Bond song. Just my opinion though.
    I'm sorry......that last hand...nearly killed me
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    I really can't see Blur doing a Bond Theme.
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • clublosclublos Jacksonville, FLPosts: 193MI6 Agent
    I would like to echo the sentiment that so long as the composer of the film is allowed to write the theme song, it does not matter who performs it. I like a score with the theme tune's melody woven into it, we haven't had this in 9 years and Skyfall's "Komodo Dragon" doesn't count.
  • ShatterfangShatterfang Posts: 538MI6 Agent
    Why it doesn't count? because they made it sound chinese?
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    Why it doesn't count? because they made it sound chinese?

Parts of it resemble Skyfall, which was the point, but I don't think enough of it is there that it could be proven in court.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • I never missI never miss EnglandPosts: 47MI6 Agent
    If Arctic Monkeys do the title song then I will vomit. This is Bond and deserves the very best, not some modern George Formby-style rubbish. :))
    I'm not a Fan of her Music, but how about Leona Lewis?
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    That fish you eat AOS, has it much mercury in it. ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Hey i liked her song in Final Fantasy so there

:D
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Shatterfang, I loved her " One more sleep " -{
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j-_1-uJ6Ml4
    ( first Christmas song on AJB, this year ) :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • MilleniumForceMilleniumForce LondonPosts: 1,214MI6 Agent
    If Arctic Monkeys do the title song then I will vomit. This is Bond and deserves the very best, not some modern George Formby-style rubbish. :))

I wouldn't mind them doing it actually. :) I would like to see another rock song though.
    1.LTK 2.AVTAK 3.OP 4.FYEO 5.TND 6.LALD 7.GE 8.GF 9.TSWLM 10.SPECTRE 11.SF 12.MR 13.YOLT 14.TLD 15.CR (06) 16.TMWTGG 17.TB 18.FRWL 19.TWINE 20.OHMSS 21.DAF 22.DAD 23.QoS 24.NSNA 25.DN 26.CR (67)
  • armenianmoviemanarmenianmovieman The 818Posts: 674MI6 Agent
    Virgil37 wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Reznor or Reznor & Atticus would be superb (cant see it though)

Then The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo comparisons would literally never end. lol

So, Adele can't do another song for any movie, not just Bond, because comparisons with SF would never end, right? she even won an Oscar.

I'm making an off-topic reference to the Dragon Tattoo comparisons from the initial teaser trailer, and the very Fincher cinematography in the new TV spot. Combining that with a NIN theme song, I have no doubt people would accuse Mendes of ripping Fincher off....

Kinda like the way people ran with "Skyfall is Nolan/Dark Knight ripoff".
    Yes. Consssssiderably.
    It would be a nice Reference if one of the Lines in the Theme include 'The Spectre of Defeat'
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    Be cool if one of the guys at the SPECTRE meeting was called Largo!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    Back his in usural Place as No2 :)
    Back his in usural Place as No2 :)

Indeed :)
    What about Klebb?
    What about Klebb?

Or Kronsteen? or Brandt?
  • Gassy ManGassy Man USAPosts: 2,972MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    I would have loved it if U2 were asked to do the title song of LTK in 1989. The song and artist used didn't leave much of a mark, I think. Back in 1987 U2 were still new and edgy. A song along the lines of "With or without you" would fit LTK well. Now they are too established by far. EON has a tradition to use up and coming artists, and no'one can claim U2 is that now.
    I'm not a big fan of U2 -- they're played ad nauseum on stations here -- but I always thought "Dischotheque" sounded like an aborted James Bond song.
  • Virgil37Virgil37 Posts: 1,212MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:

All of them should be there. Largo, Klebb, Dr.No even if they are not mentioned...It's SPECTRE after all. Ian Fleming's SPECTRE. I'm sure we'll get more than one wink moment.
    Virgil37 wrote:

Then The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo comparisons would literally never end. lol

So, Adele can't do another song for any movie, not just Bond, because comparisons with SF would never end, right? she even won an Oscar.

I'm making an off-topic reference to the Dragon Tattoo comparisons from the initial teaser trailer, and the very Fincher cinematography in the new TV spot. Combining that with a NIN theme song, I have no doubt people would accuse Mendes of ripping Fincher off....

Kinda like the way people ran with "Skyfall is Nolan/Dark Knight ripoff".

The Nolan ripoff tag didn't particulary hurt SF. If SPECTRE turns out to be a good movie, that will be irrelevant anyway. It would be a pity to write off NIN for that reason.
    Virgil37 wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:

All of them should be there. Largo, Klebb, Dr.No even if they are not mentioned...It's SPECTRE after all. Ian Fleming's SPECTRE. I'm sure we'll get more than one wink moment.

I don't think Dr. No. It should be SPECTRE agents that have numbers. I people like Dr. No and Osato were affiliated with SPECTRE but not agents directly under Blofeld like Largo, Klebb, Kronsteen and Brandt. But I also don't think it matters. This is a new universe. I really don't care if we have a man with an eyepatch.
    This is an Opportunity to introduce new Spectre Agents :) I don't think that old ones should be brought back.
    This is an Opportunity to introduce new Spectre Agents :) I don't think that old ones should be brought back.

I agree. Would be just cool to have a visual nod to the past (not actual proper role)
    welshboy78 wrote:

I agree. Would be just cool to have a visual nod to the past (not actual proper role)

Something imaginative :)
  • StirlingStirling ScotlandPosts: 65MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Stirling wrote:
    Nobody has suggested Blur? I was born a bit late for all the brit pop but they've been around the block enough, they have the skills and all the tools needed to pull off a really good one.

That's probably because Blur haven't been 'active' in over a decade...it was 12 years between their past two studio albums...and about 15 years since the last two featuring all the original members...I do like them though -{

The reason I suggest them was they released The Magic Whip at the end of April which had them all back together in the studio. Didn't push the promotion either, classy of them I think -{

Still think it could be Miss Faith, pulling the old last second switcheroo to drive the thing wild. Maybe they had her in mind so when she mentioned it they had to shut her up asap.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,612Chief of Staff
    Stirling wrote:
    The reason I suggest them (Blur) was they released The Magic Whip at the end of April which had them all back together in the studio. Didn't push the promotion either, classy of them I think -{

Yes, and it's a good album... -{
    Stirling wrote:
    Still think it could be Miss Faith, pulling the old last second switcheroo to drive the thing wild. Maybe they had her in mind so when she mentioned it they had to shut her up asap.

It will be Sam Smith *if* his vocal cords are better....
    YNWA 97

They'll probably bring new and old, to satisfy those who want everything new, and those who would like a proper reboot of SPECTRE.
    I could see them doing that.