To Blofeld, or not to Blofeld ?

Comments

• IanTIanT Posts: 573MI6 Agent
    Not the Fleming ones
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    True, but I'm quite happy to follow the continuing adventures
    Of Bond by other writers. :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Virgil37Virgil37 Posts: 1,212MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Virgil37 wrote:
    Lexi wrote:

:))

Well... I guess that is my question. Can you have SPECTRE without Blofeld?

No. SPECTRE, the organization, that is.

You seem very definite there...but of course you can have SPECTRE without Blofeld...unlikely, but possible...

What I meant is that Blofeld-SPECTRE are linked in the Bond universe, unless they create a new one in which Blofeld wasn't the head of SPECTRE.

But of course you can have a SPECTRE movie without Blofeld. DN and FRWL for instance.
  • Colonel ShatnerColonel Shatner Chavtastic Bristol, BritainPosts: 574MI6 Agent
    And Blofeld of the 21st century should go beyond ransoming governments for ONE MELLION DOLLARS or playing sides of the defunct Cold War, but be more about the NWO and global depopulation (like Drax but more grounded).
    'Alright guard, begin the unnecessarily slow moving dipping mechanism...'
  • IanTIanT Posts: 573MI6 Agent
    Virgil37 wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Virgil37 wrote:

No. SPECTRE, the organization, that is.

You seem very definite there...but of course you can have SPECTRE without Blofeld...unlikely, but possible...

What I meant is that Blofeld-SPECTRE are linked in the Bond universe, unless they create a new one in which Blofeld wasn't the head of SPECTRE.

But of course you can have a SPECTRE movie without Blofeld. DN and FRWL for instance.

Blofeld was in FRWL
    The movie of course, not the novel. ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Colonel ShatnerColonel Shatner Chavtastic Bristol, BritainPosts: 574MI6 Agent
    He was a mysterious background character in FRWL and TB who had no real screen time.
    'Alright guard, begin the unnecessarily slow moving dipping mechanism...'
    He was a bit shy, that's true. :D but there was always something
    Very mysterious/creepy about that great disembodied voice. -{
  • Virgil37Virgil37 Posts: 1,212MI6 Agent
    They will probably do an updated version of that presence Blofeld had in FRWL/TB, so you know he's there in the background pulling the strings of everything that's going on, but you never see him. Maybe Blofeld will be a Whatsapp account in SPECTRE (movie), with the picture of a cat as avatar :)
  • BIG TAMBIG TAM Wrexham, North Wales, UK.Posts: 773MI6 Agent
    I'm not so sure Blofeld will be in SPECTRE. He may be a shadowy presence (like in FRWL & TB), getting a big reveal at the end.

Does anybody want SPECTRE to have a grand base of operations? I always liked the Paris set-up in TB more than the more elaborate base of YOLT - OTT with its black & chrome but believable.

MI6 have had a Scottish castle, a disused Underground station & the subterranean location of SF. I see no reason why SPECTRE can't have a similar place to plot their schemes.
  • Brosnan_fanBrosnan_fan Sydney, AustraliaPosts: 521MI6 Agent
    What I would like to happen is that the villains continue speaking of the character "Number 1" (who remains unseen throughout), and towards the end of the film (in FRWL and TB style, when one S.P.E.C.T.R.E. operative is executed for failure, and another is kept alive), the identity of "Number 1" is revealed - a cameo by a major star (stroking a white cat, of course). :D
    "Well, he certainly left with his tails between his legs."
  • 00730073 COPPosts: 1,034MI6 Agent
    Blofeld might be not even be in the film. only a reference to him and perhaps a shot of a man with a white cat at the end.

Yes he will be; according to the MI6-hq.com he's played by Christoph Waltz. Waltz will also appear as Franz Oberhauser, the man who was "kind of like father" to Bond when he happened to need one. So my guess is it's going to be a "Luke v. Vader" type of a situation: "Jaaames ooohh aaah oooh aaah I'm your (substitute) faaatheeer" "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" :s
    "I mean, she almost kills bond...with her ass."
    -Mr Arlington Beech
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,675Chief of Staff
    0073 wrote:
    Blofeld might be not even be in the film. only a reference to him and perhaps a shot of a man with a white cat at the end.

Yes he will be; according to the MI6-hq.com he's played by Christoph Waltz. Waltz will also appear as Franz Oberhauser, the man who was "kind of like father" to Bond when he happened to need one. So my guess is it's going to be a "Luke v. Vader" type of a situation: "Jaaames ooohh aaah oooh aaah I'm your (substitute) faaatheeer" "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" :s

Then Mi6 have got their information wrong - or you have interpreted it wrong....because what you have written is incorrect....

And NO SPOLIERS please....use the *spolier tags* if you have to...
    YNWA 97
    Sir Miles wrote:
    0073 wrote:

Then Mi6 have got their information wrong - or you have interpreted it wrong....because what you have written is incorrect....

No spoilers here, everybody knows by now that Darth Vader aka. Anakin Skywalker was Luke Skywalkers father...
    -Mr Arlington Beech
    0073 wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:
    0073 wrote:

No spoilers here, everybody knows by now that Darth Vader aka. Anakin Skywalker was Luke Skywalkers father...

Are you being funny or just daft ? Genuinely can't tell ?:)

Your info is WRONG on SPECTRE - but ANY post such as yours should contain Spolier tags....I hope that is clear now ?
    YNWA 97
    Sir Miles wrote:

Your info is WRONG on SPECTRE - but ANY post such as yours should contain Spolier tags....I hope that is clear now ?

Sorry about that, I just could not resist. I ques I just gave in to the dark side..... :v

Anyways, it never even occurred to me it could be a Spoiler since it's listed in cast of B-24 at the MI6-Hq.
    Shi!t I just realised; Franz? Hell and damnation! The Father Figure was Hans! I got my Oberhausers all mixed up! That's what you get for Bonding at work!

I'll get me coat......
    -Mr Arlington Beech
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    I really need to read Octopussy to see what this character is about
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    It's a great little story, with a great line from Bond at the end as to
    Why, He a senior officer took on a routine task of bringing in
    Major Smythe. {[]
    0073 wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

Sorry about that, I just could not resist. I ques I just gave in to the dark side..... :v

Anyways, it never even occurred to me it could be a Spoiler since it's listed in cast of B-24 at the MI6-Hq.
    Shi!t I just realised; Franz? Hell and damnation! The Father Figure was Hans! I got my Oberhausers all mixed up! That's what you get for Bonding at work!

I'll get me coat......

This may come as a shock...so sit down before you read on...BUT, some people don't visit Mi6-hq :o

And further more - some people don't want to know ANYTHING about the movie before they see it...so you posting that information ( no matter how incorrect it is ;) ) will upset them....hence the use of *spolier tags* B-)

Thank you for your cooperation :D
    YNWA 97
  • Absolutely_CartAbsolutely_Cart NJ/NYC, United StatesPosts: 1,740MI6 Agent
    I support Blofeld in Bond-24, so long as he buys Bond that delicatessen he promised him.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    And further more - some people don't want to know ANYTHING about the movie before they see it...so you posting that information ( no matter how incorrect it is ;) ) will upset them....hence the use of *spolier tags* B-)

If there are people who don't want to know anything about Spectre, why would they visit a Spectre forum? If they aren't interested in hearing rumours (this is only a rumour, nothing confirmed as far as the article on MI6-HQ is concerned), it's their fault for visiting the Spectre area here.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

If there are people who don't want to know anything about Spectre, why would they visit a Spectre forum? If they aren't interested in hearing rumours (this is only a rumour, nothing confirmed as far as the article on MI6-HQ is concerned), it's their fault for visiting the Spectre area here.

We visit the forum because we're interested in what other Bond fans think about the upcoming movie, what we want or don't want to see in the film, reactions to casting choices, etc. That doesn't mean we want to know specific details about what will actually take place in the film (even "rumors", which sometimes turn out to be true.) Thus the use of the "spoiler" tag to warn us. :007)
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • Gassy ManGassy Man USAPosts: 2,972MI6 Agent
    Blackleiter and Sir Miles say it well -- people need to respect the spoiler issue. Some of us have seen the first draft script overview and know details, but we're keeping our mouths shut -- others should do that, too.
    Gassy Man wrote:
    Blackleiter and Sir Miles say it well -- people need to respect the spoiler issue. Some of us have seen the first draft script overview and know details, but we're keeping our mouths shut -- others should do that, too.

I certainly don't want to know about that, but I suppose I don't consider rumours to be spoilers, even though others do.
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    Gassy Man wrote:

I certainly don't want to know about that, but I suppose I don't consider rumours to be spoilers, even though others do.

Rumours often contain elements of truth, so certainly there's no harm in utilizing the spoiler tag for the sake of us "innocents", right? :007)
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
    I for one wish to remain " untouched " before SPECTRE ! ;)
    I know many people don't want to see the photos of Spectre on location that have been popping up, like some just did. But do official things, like publicity shots and trailers, count as spoilers? Even just the title of this film gives something away.
    Just my two cents but I don't mind official trailers and photos, as
    You really can't avoid them,but a quick spoiler alert would be nice
    On some unofficial stuff.
    In fact I can't wait to see the first teaser trailer. :))
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    Good question

Personally I would say pics actually on set whilst filming are spoilers, not general photocalls / arrivals etc
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    I for one wish to remain " untouched " before SPECTRE ! ;)

That's gone long time ago :D
    Looong before SPECTRE started :v
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!