Anyone else avoiding the Sony hack?

Comments

• Virgil37Virgil37 Posts: 1,212MI6 Agent
    Scripts change  with different drafts. 

Really? I thought they just wrote "first draft" and "second draft" on the cover and nothing changed! who knew! :D
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,324Chief of Staff
    No, that's politicians you're thinking about there.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,572Chief of Staff
    Virgil37 wrote:
    I know this will sound a little far fetched, but could this leaked have originated from EON themselves in order to disinform about the real plot of the movie? :o

No, I think you can rule that theory out.
    YNWA 97
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    Virgil37 wrote:
    I know this will sound a little far fetched, but could this leaked have originated from EON themselves in order to disinform about the real plot of the movie? :o

I doubt they would have done that.
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    No I think Virgil37, is on to something. Just as he didn't know, different
    Scriptwriters would change things. Just look at eon they must be the
    Basis for spectre, even the letters of eon appear in spectre, except for
    O and N. :D The conspiracy around the cursed film .... Continues ! :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Just as he didn't know, different
    Scriptwriters would change things

I did know about drafts (I should know!), I just meant that they could be fabricating emails referencing imaginary drafts with plots and characters that they never intented to use, thus keeping the real work in the dark. Feed the sharks a dead fish and they might let you swim for a while. It's really far fetched though.
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    Virgil37 wrote:

Really? I thought they just wrote "first draft" and "second draft" on the cover and nothing changed! who knew! :D

You forgot that the colour of the paper often changes too! :)
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    Apparently during the press conference Mr Craig said that the title was unknown till the announcement (well, kind of - we had a rumour going on here that it will be called 'Spectre') because they were sending out fake movie names to keep the press off scent. So why not fake all this CNN headlines stuff, especially that they probably know that the movie might be compromised any minute because of the hack and that would most certainly affect the incomings.
    Virgil37 wrote:

You forgot that the colour of the paper often changes too! :)

Those would be called "revisions". -{
    :)) no problem Virgil37, just a bit of leg pulling. ;)
    as for leaks. I want to know very little about SP. -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    :)) no problem Virgil37, just a bit of leg pulling. ;)
    as for leaks. I want to know very little about SP. -{

Let's get a "NO SPECTRE LEAKS" badge then {[]
    Over the years I've proven I know very little about the
    other Bond films. So why should I learn stuff about
    this one ! :))
    Virgil37 wrote:
    Just as he didn't know, different
    Scriptwriters would change things

I did know about drafts (I should know!), I just meant that they could be fabricating emails referencing imaginary drafts with plots and characters that they never intented to use, thus keeping the real work in the dark. Feed the sharks a dead fish and they might let you swim for a while. It's really far fetched though.

It's a silly idea, tbh....it's just something they wouldn't do...it's akin to saying they have put the real emails out there because then people won't believe them :s
    YNWA 97
    MrZareba wrote:
    Apparently during the press conference Mr Craig said that the title was unknown till the announcement (well, kind of - we had a rumour going on here that it will be called 'Spectre') because they were sending out fake movie names to keep the press off scent. So why not fake all this CNN headlines stuff, especially that they probably know that the movie might be compromised any minute because of the hack and that would most certainly affect the incomings.

Which fake movie names did 'they' send out ?
    YNWA 97
  • Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,777MI6 Agent
    No I think Virgil37, is on to something. Just as he didn't know, different
    Scriptwriters would change things. Just look at eon they must be the
    Basis for spectre, even the letters of eon appear in spectre, except for
    O and N. :D The conspiracy around the cursed film .... Continues ! :))

O and N? Are they new assistants for Q and M then Pussy? :D
    This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?
  • Moore ThanMoore Than EnglandPosts: 3,173MI6 Agent
    I do not know if this will have any affect on the production of SPECTRE? Sony Pictures has cancelled/suspended shoots because the hacking problems have apparently left it unable to process payments.

Sony suspends shoots after hackers hit payments
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/11291689/Sony-suspends-film-shoots-after-hackers-hit-payments.html
    Moore Not Less 4371 posts (2002 - 2007) Moore Than (2012 - 2016)
    Show how ahead of its time DAD was, it's not a bad Bond film, rather
    It was a documentary about the powers on N.Korea, on striking against
    The west. :))
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    Why do I get the feeling that SPECTRE is going to have a rather troubled Development? :#
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    I'm ignoring all these leaks and " down beat" stories. :D
    For Me, spectre is proceeding as planned, and everything is well
    Leading to a brilliant new Bond film next year. {[]
  • readpaulbreadpaulb Cleveland, OhioPosts: 86MI6 Agent
    I'm ignoring all these leaks and " down beat" stories. :D
    For Me, spectre is proceeding as planned, and everything is well
    Leading to a brilliant new Bond film next year. {[]

I like the optimism. I know that if I read spoilers, complaints, etc, that I will be looking for those flaws in the movie when it is released. Might as well stay positive.
    1) Cr 2) Ohmss 3) Gf 4) Sf 5) Fyeo
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    MrZareba wrote:

No idea, but that's what Craig said! (according to an interview given for BBC News here: http://www.bbc.com/news/30308894)
    I'm guessing if we'd seen the emails sent by executives to producers
    and back and fourth about SF or TDK, possible any modern movie. They'd
    All be full of script ideas / changes, complaints over budgets etc. :))
    I think sometimes we're better off not knowing ! :))
  • Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,777MI6 Agent
    I'm guessing if we'd seen the emails sent by executives to producers
    and back and fourth about SF or TDK, possible any modern movie. They'd
    All be full of script ideas / changes, complaints over budgets etc. :))
    I think sometimes we're better off not knowing ! :))

I completely agree. The more Producer credits a film has and / or tie ins, the more diplomacy is involved to get it made. I love the fact Ms Brocolli and Mr Wilson stand by the old adage of their Fathers - the money goes on the screen for the audience to see.

The real trouble starts when the senior cast have a say in the writing / production, irrespective of their good intentions. Superman iV and Star Trek Nemesis spring to mind.
    This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?
  • Gala BrandGala Brand Posts: 1,172MI6 Agent
    Moore Than wrote:
    I do not know if this will have any affect on the production of SPECTRE? Sony Pictures has cancelled/suspended shoots because the hacking problems have apparently left it unable to process payments.

Sony suspends shoots after hackers hit payments
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/11291689/Sony-suspends-film-shoots-after-hackers-hit-payments.html

I think MGM is at least as responsible for financing as Sony, if not more so. Getting the checks written shouldn't be a problem.
    I think it's a great sign of the confidence in Bond that the producers
    Have upped the budget, and seem to want to give us an epic movie. {[]
    MrZareba wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:
    MrZareba wrote:

No idea, but that's what Craig said! (according to an interview given for BBC News here: http://www.bbc.com/news/30308894)

Must be my browser again as I only get a 'file not found' link...
    YNWA 97
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Must be my browser again as I only get a 'file not found' link...

Same problem with me but I managed to find the interview on You Tube. Daniel Craig does talk about sending false title names out but I am sure he was not being serious.

Bombed. Photobombed by James Bond live on BBC News
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6c-nJPskiU
    New statement on the official website regarding an early version of the screenplay of SPECTRE being stolen and illegally made public by hackers who infiltrated the Sony Pictures Entertainment computer system.

STATEMENT ON SPECTRE
    http://www.007.com/statement-on-spectre/
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    Good.
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
    I can't for the life of me understand why anyone
    would want to know the full screenplay for SP ?
    Spoiling the whole movie for yourself. :#
    Although I'm glad they've put out the warning. -{