Anyone else avoiding the Sony hack?

Comments

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,579Chief of Staff
    I can't for the life of me understand why anyone
    would want to know the full screenplay for SP ?
    Spoiling the whole movie for yourself. :#
    Although I'm glad they've put out the warning. -{

I'd happily read the script right now...as I've said before, I read the script for CR before that came out - didn't spoil in in the slightest, if anything my reading the script added to my enjoyment of the movie - hence why I saw it at least a dozen times in the cinema alone !

Would like to read the early draft too - just to see what changed...
    YNWA 97
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I'm upset you watched them in the cinema alone Sir Miles. ;) :p
    I don't mind a few details on a couple of scenes but not everthing.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    Moore Than wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Must be my browser again as I only get a 'file not found' link...

Same problem with me but I managed to find the interview on You Tube. Daniel Craig does talk about sending false title names out but I am sure he was not being serious.

Bombed. Photobombed by James Bond live on BBC News
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6c-nJPskiU

There was an extra ) at the end of the link posted...

here is the link

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/30308894
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,579Chief of Staff
    I'm upset you watched them in the cinema alone Sir Miles. ;) :p
    I don't mind a few details on a couple of scenes but not everthing.

I didn't watch alone all the time ;)
    YNWA 97
    It seems a re-write is in order for the lack lustre ending...

Don't know if there are SPOILERS...as I haven't read the full article. So be warned! (Although it prob hasnt said much more than already stated on here already).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2872627/New-Bond-script-leaks-online-revealing-plot-twists-villains-film-s-ending-fact-studio-problems-300million-movie.html
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • fire and icefire and ice EarthPosts: 149MI6 Agent
    Just this minute learnt about the hack, will most definitely avoid any details.
    '...exceptionally fine shot...'
  • Gassy ManGassy Man USAPosts: 2,972MI6 Agent
    Gawker has a pretty extensive write up about the script that apparently has baffled executives with its illogical third act.
  • Moore ThanMoore Than EnglandPosts: 3,173MI6 Agent
    The leaks are being reported widespread in the written media. Not all of the written media are actually describing any detail of SPECTRE's script leaks, far from it. The casual fan may or may not get to read the detail, but the film is still ten months from release. Much will likely have been forgotten about by then. And detail will be changed, as it often is during the filming process. To date, I don't see any detrimental effect on SPECTRE's box office.
    Moore Not Less 4371 posts (2002 - 2007) Moore Than (2012 - 2016)
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    I reckon these Hacks are from disgruntled Ex Sony Employees.
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,796MI6 Agent
    My name is Number 24 and I have sinned. :# I was set on not reading the leaked script when I started wondering if the script draft was from before or after they changed locations from Norway to Austria. Yes, national pride is deffinatly a weaknes.
    It turns out Norway wasn't in it and I stopped Reading when I discovered this. I think the first part of the script looks promising and that all I'm going to say.
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    I'm only glad to see the safari suit back along with the raised eyebrow. ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,330Chief of Staff
    I'm only glad to see the safari suit back along with the raised eyebrow. ;)

Not that you'd see them in that car, of course :)
    :)) :)) :)) Yes all the old favourites back.
  • readpaulbreadpaulb Cleveland, OhioPosts: 86MI6 Agent
    Very funny guys X-(
    1) Cr 2) Ohmss 3) Gf 4) Sf 5) Fyeo

I think the theory is, a radical group from North Korea are behind it...as they basically want to stop a film being released called The Interview... in which the North Korean leader...Kim Jong-un gets assassinated.
    I for one welcome the attention show to all film companies
    By the glorious peace loving leader Kim Jong-un. ;)
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,796MI6 Agent
    Lexi wrote:

I think the theory is, a radical group from North Korea are behind it...as they basically want to stop a film being released called The Interview... in which the North Korean leader...Kim Jong-un gets assassinated.

The "radical group" in question is the North Korean government :))
  • Moore ThanMoore Than EnglandPosts: 3,173MI6 Agent
    The cynic in me says North Korea is an easy target and that the hackers are closer to home. The hackers are now apparently promising to release a large Christmas gift that will put Sony into a worse state. The financial damage to Sony seems likely to run into the many millions of dollars, the damage to Sony's reputation could prove far costlier.
    Moore Not Less 4371 posts (2002 - 2007) Moore Than (2012 - 2016)
  • ChipsticksChipsticks Posts: 20MI6 Agent
    me like the effing plague :#
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    I wonder if Sony might be getting sued by other studios for leaking out their important infos (about Star Wars Episodes IX and X for instance) because in the end it's Sony's fault (if the hackers are really somehow connected to North Korea). They shouldn't have made that movie about the assasination of the Sup(e)r(cr)eme Leader.

On the other hand I just read the screenplay, my God - I was right! <SPOILER>
    Monica Belluci IS the Aston Martin.

I have to admit, after being a huge fan of Sony for the last, I don't know, 8 years. I'm terribly dissapointed by the company this year - stupid actions made by the movie studio (the Spider-Man thing, just sell it back to Marvel for Christ's sake!), stupid actions made by Sony Electronics (selling off VAIO, which were a premium thing back in 2007, probably the only competitor to Apple. Also their fault because they moved the production from Japan to China so the new VAIO's were nothing like the Japan ones in quality).

Hopefully the company will find it's way out and be what it once was, fingers crossed.
    MrZareba wrote:
    I wonder if Sony might be getting sued by other studios for leaking out their important infos (about Star Wars Episodes IX and X for instance) because in the end it's Sony's fault (if the hackers are really somehow connected to North Korea). They shouldn't have made that movie about the assasination of the Sup(e)r(cr)eme Leader.

On the other hand I just read the screenplay, my God - I was right! <SPOILER>
    Monica Belluci IS the Aston Martin.

I have to admit, after being a huge fan of Sony for the last, I don't know, 8 years. I'm terribly dissapointed by the company this year - stupid actions made by the movie studio (the Spider-Man thing, just sell it back to Marvel for Christ's sake!), stupid actions made by Sony Electronics (selling off VAIO, which were a premium thing back in 2007, probably the only competitor to Apple. Also their fault because they moved the production from Japan to China so the new VAIO's were nothing like the Japan ones in quality).

Hopefully the company will find it's way out and be what it once was, fingers crossed.

Please could you put this in a spoiler box please.... The code is below, just quote me and you'll see the bracket prefix... Thanks.
    test
    Allow me.
    Barbel wrote:
    Allow me.

Thank you -{
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    I'm not sure if you guys got my joke or not, seriously :D
    Yes, and quite funny it is too.
    Do you think she'd allow a man to stop off for a quick one en route?
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    I would not get too concerned about what a bunch of movie "execs" are in a snit over in their emails re SP. Everything I've ever read about these people tends to portray them as shallow, vapid, unenlightened, and less than intellectual (except for a few "visonaries" and independent thinkers). Remember MGM's insistance that the EON change "License Revoked" to "License To Kill" because they thought people in the US would not understand what revoked meant? The fight between the studios and the artists/film makers is a battle that never ends. That being said, who knows who these hackers are?...bottom line they have broken the law and cost SONY a small fortune and lots of humiliation.
    I'm sure every film has these sort of emails, Executives trying to
    Cut costs and complaining over big sequences etc. ;)
    There is an old story of " The incredible shrinking man" when a film
    Accountant wanted to know why they had bought something like
    10,000 condoms !
    ( they were filed with miky water to be shot as big raindrops)
    But he was told they were needed for the after filming wrap party ! :))
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    I :) will be avoiding all SPECTRE news, bit like waiting for the footie results ,when you are going to watch match of the day
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • Colonel ShatnerColonel Shatner Chavtastic Bristol, BritainPosts: 574MI6 Agent
    I hunted down the brief outline of the SPECTRE draft and it only confirms a lot of what I guess will happen anyway, plus it's still a long time until late 2015 with the plot/characters switched around a lot during main shooting, and memory blur. Plus "spoilers" in some studies can sometimes enhance story enjoyment. I'm more worried about the budget overrun, a not fully realised third act, and unrealistically high expectations dampening things like they did for the otherwise solid QoS.
    'Alright guard, begin the unnecessarily slow moving dipping mechanism...'