Spectre Wardrobe(from filming)

Comments

• James BrosnanJames Brosnan Posts: 865MI6 Agent
    crt007 wrote:
    Interesting jacket choice for Ethan hunt in the next mission impossible movie. Hard to tell if it’s the JV jacket but looks pretty close.

IMG_1421.jpg

Ummm.... talk about a nod! :s
    "Whoever she was, I must have scared the living daylights out of her." & "Tell mother I died game."
    CR/QoS, TLD, DN, GE, TSWLM, LTK, TND, TWiNE, TMWTGG, TB
    http://www.iconicalternatives.com/author/james-brosnan/
    https://www.instagram.com/shawn.michael.bongiorno/
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Bizarre! Doesnt look too flattering on him mind
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • TennysonTennyson A View to a KillPosts: 606MI6 Agent
    Its probably the kiwi brand Rodd & Gunn, they did his coats in Jack Reacher, and he probably picked it up from their lakefront store in Queenstown when he was filming there :))
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    crt007 wrote:
    IMG_1421.jpg

Really keen to see MI6. Interested to see how Cruise is going to try and outdo his incredible stunts from the past two MI's (Burj Khalifa, hanging on the outside of a plane, underwater breath hold etc). Apparently he's been in training for a year in prep for the one of the stunts, a stunt that will apparently be "the most impressive and unbelievable thing that Tom Cruise has done in a movie". And very keen to see the NZ scenes, the location they filmed is absolutely stunning (Rees Valley)...but I really hope NZ will be NZ for some part of it, apparently it was used as a stand-in for Iraq for at least one scene :o

And yes, Rodd & Gunn is a excellent brand (got my BC Morrocco blazer and OB Morton/Malone alternatives from them) and their Queenstown store is fantastic. It's part clothes store, part alpine lodge, part bar.
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    crt007 wrote:
    Interesting jacket choice for Ethan hunt in the next mission impossible movie. Hard to tell if it’s the JV jacket but looks pretty close.

IMG_1421.jpg

Also looks like a nod to the lapis blue n peal. Infact the outfit does look like a cross between the solden outfit and the London outfit in sp.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • cmdr_bongcmdr_bong AustraliaPosts: 202MI6 Agent
    Mission Impossible 6.....M:I6.....MI6.....Coincidence? :p

I had a chat with the sales assistant at Rodd & Gunn Queenstown about the Tom Cruise connection with the brand. I was just trying on the "Jack Reacher' jacket, when she mentioned that R&G will be supplying TC with another jacket in one of his future film. She wouldn't tell me in which movie though. However I don't think this is a Rodd & Gunn. This jacket doesn't share the cut and silhouette of Rodd & Gunn. I'm inclined to think that this may very well be the John Varvatos based on the chest stitching details.

MI6%20Jacket-XL.jpg
    Yeah reckon its JV

Think cruise wore the Menlo a fair bit personally also
  • Bond_AmbitionsBond_Ambitions Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 460MI6 Agent
    the left wrist zipper is also visible if you look closely.
  • cmdr_bongcmdr_bong AustraliaPosts: 202MI6 Agent
    edited July 2017
    the left wrist zipper is also visible if you look closely.

I think those are stitching. I was informed that the jackets worn by TC will usually have all the hardwares removed for safety reason in action scenes. You will notice that the main zipper is also missing. They'd probably just removed the zippers on the cuff and left it as it is, or more likely made some alterations to it and sewed the gusset shut.
  • nafets47nafets47 FloridaPosts: 939MI6 Agent
    Funny the new Mission Impossible movie is MI6 :))

Cruise does some incredible stuff, and he is 50 something.

Best,
    Stefan
  • Bond_AmbitionsBond_Ambitions Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 460MI6 Agent
    Yeah that seems to be accurate although I don't think the pockets have any zips.
    I just had a look over my JV Spectre jacket and can't find any discernible differences from this jacket Cruise is wearing. Width of the collar, seam through midriff and arms, baseball stitching on the shoulders and above the pockets look to be exactly the same.
    I would'n't be at all surprised if they're the same jackets, begging the question why the costume designer or Cruise himself would decide to go with a jacket already worn by the world's most famous secret agent.

For those who collect partly for the investment value of these pieces, does this mean we're now slightly wealthier or poorer?
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent
    Yeah that seems to be accurate although I don't think the pockets have any zips.
    I just had a look over my JV Spectre jacket and can't find any discernible differences from this jacket Cruise is wearing. Width of the collar, seam through midriff and arms, baseball stitching on the shoulders and above the pockets look to be exactly the same.
    I would'n't be at all surprised if they're the same jackets, begging the question why the costume designer or Cruise himself would decide to go with a jacket already worn by the world's most famous secret agent.

For those who collect partly for the investment value of these pieces, does this mean we're now slightly wealthier or poorer?

I think we learn in MI6 that Ethan Hunt is a huge Bond fanboy. He joined the IMF after seeing THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS as a young man :))
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    I immediately thought it was the JV once I saw the pic. This certainly would make it the ultimate spy jacket having been worn by both Bond AND Hunt. It's interesting how Bond's clothing shows up on other popular characters, like the Billy Reid peacoat on Christian Grey and now this. Did the costume department get the JV when they re-released it though?
  • crt007crt007 Posts: 86MI6 Agent
    The only discernible difference I can tell from the JV Suede Racer is that Hunt's zipper has been completely removed.

Which I guess could be another costume design nod to bond jackets-- having zippers removed. (Barbour).
  • ABeech007ABeech007 New England, USPosts: 30MI6 Agent
    crt007 wrote:

IMG_1421.jpg

Funny! I logged onto ajb JUST to see if anyone else thought the same thing. Very similar jacket.
    cmdr_bong wrote:

I had a chat with the sales assistant at Rodd & Gunn Queenstown about the Tom Cruise connection with the brand. I was just trying on the "Jack Reacher' jacket, when she mentioned that R&G will be supplying TC with another jacket in one of his future film. She wouldn't tell me in which movie though. However I don't think this is a Rodd & Gunn. This jacket doesn't share the cut and silhouette of Rodd & Gunn. I'm inclined to think that this may very well be the John Varvatos based on the chest stitching details.

MI6%20Jacket-XL.jpg
    Rodd & Gunn are definitely making a bit of a splash in Hollywood with Cruise wearing their jackets in Jack Reacher, also read somewhere that DiCaprio bought a lot of their stuff. Would love to know the gloves he's wearing there, they look cool.
    cmdr_bong wrote:

MI6%20Jacket-XL.jpg
    Rodd & Gunn are definitely making a bit of a splash in Hollywood with Cruise wearing their jackets in Jack Reacher, also read somewhere that DiCaprio bought a lot of their stuff. Would love to know the gloves he's wearing there, they look cool.

They look a lot like abseiling gloves, I've used similar gloves made by petzl or even modified climbing gloves?
    cmdr_bong wrote:
    MI6%20Jacket-XL.jpg

Clothing aside, has Cruise got a car rear view mirror stuck under his sweater?

I concur on the abselling/fast roping gloves though, that piece of reinforcement between the index finger and thumb is common to those. While motorbike gloves do also have similar reinforcement, I haven't seen any that extend to the index like that.
    JTM wrote:
    cmdr_bong wrote:
    MI6%20Jacket-XL.jpg

Clothing aside, has Cruise got a car rear view mirror stuck under his sweater?

I concur on the abselling/fast roping gloves though, that piece of reinforcement between the index finger and thumb is common to those. While motorbike gloves do also have similar reinforcement, I haven't seen any that extend to the index like that.

:)) I'd guess he has some sort of under armour or harness on under his jumper, but you never know it could be a rear view mirror.
    Motorbike gloves normally have hand protection on the uppers don't they?
  • UNCLE27UNCLE27 EnglandPosts: 1,118MI6 Agent
    Tom aside, has nobody else spotted Rebecca wearing a safari jacket?!!
    Definite proof, if any were needed, that they're making a comeback...!! B-)
    UNCLE27 wrote:
    I'd sat that's more of a military jacket? I did notice the absence of jeremy renner! Is he not in this one? I like renner a lot.
  • UNCLE27UNCLE27 EnglandPosts: 1,118MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:
    UNCLE27 wrote:
    I'd sat that's more of a military jacket? I did notice the absence of jeremy renner! Is he not in this one? I like renner a lot.

No, apparently not. His commitments hasn't allowed him to film this one sadly. Alec Baldwin is back. As is Sean Harris. And also Henry Cavil (?)
    Can't wait. I really enjoyed Rogue Nation.
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,155MI6 Agent
    007 reporting for duty
    Photobucket has done all sorts of changes lately to their terms and conditions which affect forums. On other forums I am member of, everybody is ditching them
    Chriscoop wrote:
    UNCLE27 wrote:

Unfortunately it's been confirmed that Renner's can't do MI6 because he's off filming Avengers: Infinity War right now. It's a real shame, I really enjoyed his character in the last two and even though he has got his Marvel commitments, I was still hoping they'd be able to get him in this for a scene or two.
  • BondClothingBondClothing Posts: 351MI6 Agent
    IMG_9666.jpg Bond wears the Pantherella Rib Cotton Lisle Socks in this scene of SPECTRE. https://www.pantherella.us/danvers
    Lifestyle guide to the products and locations featured in the James Bond films.
    How can you be so sure when it looks like a standard ribbed sock :)

You need more info / evidence
  • BondClothingBondClothing Posts: 351MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    How can you be so sure when it looks like a standard ribbed sock :)

You need more info / evidence
    I have more pictures and Jany Temime liked it!
    Lifestyle guide to the products and locations featured in the James Bond films.
    She liked it lol?

Think you need a proper confirmation. She could just like the picture!!
    This is a little part of Bond's wardrobe that's seldom discussed, have we ever ID'ed any socks he's worn? I know London sock co. supplied socks he wore at the Spectre premiere but the ones on film look chunkier. I always liked the grey socks he wore with the Churches Ryder's in QOS.