Spectre Wardrobe(from filming)

Comments

• AngusrRossAngusrRoss ScotlandPosts: 121MI6 Agent
    Slightly off subject, I went into my local Omega AD the other day to look at the Bond NATO, they are fantastic quality thick webbing and the finishing on the hardware is really nice however I concluded that £150 for a NATO strap is nothing short of ludicrous. I wanted to mention though that if you want a cheap (£12) alternative the closest you will get is the Phoenix MOD straps, the texture of the strap is close to Omegas, nice and tightly woven without the prominent ribbing effect you get on a lot of NATOs and the colour is pretty spot on, a nice dark grey.
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    So for the TF Snowdons is it the shiny black or Havana color?

I am going with Shiny Black...

Do we think these are the full film model (apart from the Vuarnets in Austria) ??? Or are they just for the Rome / funeral scenes ???
    im thinking Havana, because it doesn't seem to have the brown interior on DC's, atleast that's what it looks like.

I think the light / picture angle changes the look.

EG the Nordstrom Shiny Black model pics look exactly like the shade DC is wearing (But with import and postage they are over £350 to UK, so no thanks). Yet on other sites the 05B model (which appears the same model) looks different... I'm holding off purchase until we see another location / see them in real life rather than web pics... If anyone knows more that would be good ??? Could be UK has older model codes etc ?
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent
    AngusrRoss wrote:
    Slightly off subject, I went into my local Omega AD the other day to look at the Bond NATO, they are fantastic quality thick webbing and the finishing on the hardware is really nice however I concluded that £150 for a NATO strap is nothing short of ludicrous. I wanted to mention though that if you want a cheap (£12) alternative the closest you will get is the Phoenix MOD straps, the texture of the strap is close to Omegas, nice and tightly woven without the prominent ribbing effect you get on a lot of NATOs and the colour is pretty spot on, a nice dark grey.

I thought they were 150 Swiss francs that equates to just over £100? At least that's what the Omega website said...
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
  • AngusrRossAngusrRoss ScotlandPosts: 121MI6 Agent
    AngusrRoss wrote:

I thought they were 150 Swiss francs that equates to just over £100? At least that's what the Omega website said...

You could very well be right, the girl just read it off an email she had been sent by Omega so she must have just misread the currency.
  • CmdrAtticusCmdrAtticus United StatesPosts: 1,102MI6 Agent
    Just found some more images of Craig's Rome suit that emphasizes my point about the trouser cuff not fitting well with the shoes and the jacket being too tight. In the last image one can see how the suit seems fine if his is standing still - but Bond is hardly a static figure!

25_E9102900000578_2962825_Slick_Once_again_the_Br.jpg

new_1.jpg

25_F1_EBF300000578_2962825_image_a_6_1424616607790.jpg
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    Just found some more images of Craig's Rome suit that emphasizes my point about the trouser cuff not fitting well with the shoes and the jacket being too tight. In the last image one can see how the suit seems fine if his is standing still - but Bond is hardly a static figure!

new_1.jpg

Thanks for sharing these pictures. I completely agree that the jacket is too tight, but it looks a little better than the jackets in Skyfall, just not by much. However, the trousers look as good as they can with those boots. I'm definitely convinced after seeing these larger photos that boots are a better choice than shoes. The trousers are so narrow that they could never cover the top of a pair of shoes without bunching up or showing the socks. The trouser with the boots look fine in the first and third photos. In the second photo they're caught on the boots, but I still have that problem with somewhat narrow lightweight trousers getting caught on socks. The suit is too lightweight, which makes it not drape well or hold up well through the action. Ideally the trousers would be a couple inches wider and be worn with shoes instead of boots. But if the trousers are going to be too narrow, boots are the only type of footwear that can work. Chelsea boots would have been better since there are less parts to get the trousers stuck, but alas it is not the 1960s. Do you really think shoes would have been better than boots with these narrow trousers? You haven't explained your reasoning.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • JMac88JMac88 Posts: 279MI6 Agent
    Looks like Bond is taking a more relaxed attitude for this scene.....

007_in_sneakers_CONFIRMED.jpg

But seriously, I'm sure it's just a case of feeling more comfortable in that, probably while shooting a driving scene that will only feature him above the waist. Also, looks like DC's RM Williams kangaroo belt, as well as Nike Air for the trainers?

Source: http://imgur.com/a/Cj15X#33 POTENTIAL SPOILER WARNING (I wouldn't know, I haven't read the leaked script)
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    JMac88 wrote:
    Looks like Bond is taking a more relaxed attitude for this scene.....

007_in_sneakers_CONFIRMED.jpg

But seriously, I'm sure it's just a case of feeling more comfortable in that, probably while shooting a driving scene that will only feature him above the waist. Also, looks like DC's RM Williams kangaroo belt, as well as Nike Air for the trainers?

Source: http://imgur.com/a/Cj15X#33 POTENTIAL SPOILER WARNING (I wouldn't know, I haven't read the leaked script)

Yeah this happened in Skyfall - he was wearing Nike High Tops when in the car etc to Mi6s new headquarters (only top half on film)
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • 006G006G Posts: 26MI6 Agent
    I'm really looking forward to his casual wear. I'm hoping Morocco and Mexico are filled with casual clothing (hopefully relatively affordable) as I can't wear suits everyday.
  • nickpnickp UK, Surrey Posts: 86MI6 Agent
    AngusrRoss wrote:

Hi, haven't posted for a while but looked into this yesterday, costs are indeed £140 and two to three week order time through Mappin and Webb. As you say a ludicrous price for a bit of nylon ! Ordered mine through Phoenix and very pleased.

Cheers

Nick
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,155MI6 Agent
    I second that mate , so far unimpressed with Austria outfit as I live in North Somerset (England ) and it never drops below 2degrees or snows :))
    The Rome outfits aren't spectacular either , maybe purchase the boots and sunglasses if we can 100% confirm which colour.
    So fingers crossed we see some impressive summer gear for the mexico and tangier scenes.
    more sunglasses , polos , chinos , shoes and shirts.
    As AJB and DC kits out my summer wardrobe :007)
    006G wrote:
    I'm really looking forward to his casual wear. I'm hoping Morocco and Mexico are filled with casual clothing (hopefully relatively affordable) as I can't wear suits everyday.
    007 reporting for duty
  • Kaleema007Kaleema007 Posts: 322MI6 Agent
    This may be a dumb question but I'll ask anyway, Why can't someone just to walk into a Tom Ford store show them a picture of Daniel Craig wearing the Snowden glasses and find out what color they are?
    Shocking...
    I think its because they are simply not allowed to say anything connected to 007 until EON says yes. :# thats my understanding
    the experts on here will give a better explanation no doubt.
    Kaleema007 wrote:
    This may be a dumb question but I'll ask anyway, Why can't someone just to walk into a Tom Ford store show them a picture of Daniel Craig wearing the Snowden glasses and find out what color they are?
    007 reporting for duty
  • SFPROPSSFPROPS USAPosts: 380MI6 Agent
    The people at the store may not know for sure, and just looking at the photos they may have a hard time figuring it out same as us.
    Good point , didnt think about that :))
    SFPROPS wrote:
    The people at the store may not know for sure, and just looking at the photos they may have a hard time figuring it out same as us.
    007 reporting for duty
    SFPROPS wrote:

I don't trust people at the stores. They were selling a button two suit as the Skyfall suit, when Daniel Craig actually wore a button three suit. Sunglasses should be simpler, but I still wouldn't trust what they say in stores. People on this site know more than salespeople!
  • James BoldmanJames Boldman Amherst, MAPosts: 461MI6 Agent
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    Those are Tom Ford's again :) They even look very similar to the pair he was wearing on set.
  • hthomashthomas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 833MI6 Agent
    MrZareba wrote:
    Those are Tom Ford's again :) They even look very similar to the pair he was wearing on set.

I am pretty confident they ar the Snowdon's in Shiny Black. I could still be wrong but man it sure looks like it.
    instagram.com/dressinglikebond
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,144MI6 Agent
    He's obviously grown very attached to that pair of glasses having worn them constantly for the last few days. B-)
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
  • CmdrAtticusCmdrAtticus United StatesPosts: 1,102MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:

new_1.jpg

Thanks for sharing these pictures. I completely agree that the jacket is too tight, but it looks a little better than the jackets in Skyfall, just not by much. However, the trousers look as good as they can with those boots. I'm definitely convinced after seeing these larger photos that boots are a better choice than shoes. The trousers are so narrow that they could never cover the top of a pair of shoes without bunching up or showing the socks. The trouser with the boots look fine in the first and third photos. In the second photo they're caught on the boots, but I still have that problem with somewhat narrow lightweight trousers getting caught on socks. The suit is too lightweight, which makes it not drape well or hold up well through the action. Ideally the trousers would be a couple inches wider and be worn with shoes instead of boots. But if the trousers are going to be too narrow, boots are the only type of footwear that can work. Chelsea boots would have been better since there are less parts to get the trousers stuck, but alas it is not the 1960s. Do you really think shoes would have been better than boots with these narrow trousers? You haven't explained your reasoning.

No - not shoes, wider trousers. If he keeps going this route I expect that if he does another film he'll end up looking like the man in this photo...
    74bc2108531112462d3c1d6b307c669b.jpg
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    hthomas wrote:
    MrZareba wrote:

I am pretty confident they ar the Snowdon's in Shiny Black. I could still be wrong but man it sure looks like it.

I'm with you hthomas. I tried on the Snowdons in Shiny Black yesterday and they are very nice glasses. Have a good weight and feel to them, certainly more substantial than the previous TF sunglasses. I didn't have any DC photos with me to compare, but from memory, they looked right. I am leaning towards the shiny black.
    Matt S wrote:

new_1.jpg

No - not shoes, wider trousers. If he keeps going this route I expect that if he does another film he'll end up looking like the man in this photo...
    74bc2108531112462d3c1d6b307c669b.jpg

I agree with you there! They're about the same now as they were in Skyfall. If the trousers were wider he also wouldn't need boots.
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent

But does anyone want to ID Daniel Craig's Jacket, cardigan, and cap?

But does anyone want to ID Daniel Craig's Jacket, cardigan, and cap?

The jacket is a Canada Goose, I think the same one he wore to the photo call. But surely you guys don't want to dress like this??? The cap and undershirt without a shirt over it make Craig look the worst I've ever seen him! Let's hope his neck stays covered for the film, he looks like he's getting old!
    I wouldn't mind dressing like this. At least I have all these items or similar versions, and it makes for a good inconspicuous look.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    edited February 2015
    Are these the new heel-lifts by Nike? :D

260B08CA00000578-0-The_actor_was_seen_flanked_by_his_team_and_security_staff_as_he_-m-16_1424803752591.jpg
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:

Very close! They're the Nike Air Max 90 Sneakerboot. Yes, you read that correctly. Sneakerboot.

T2eC16JHJGUFFh-f2k6BSWIhBYrH60_57.jpg

Same trainers he wore during the DB10 driving scenes while in Rome.

Kind regards,
    Craig
    Higgins wrote:

260B08CA00000578-0-The_actor_was_seen_flanked_by_his_team_and_security_staff_as_he_-m-16_1424803752591.jpg

Very rare shoes I believe.
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    Are they a sort of platform-trainer? ie They make you look taller than you are or is that an illusion of the design?