Spectre Wardrobe(from filming)

Comments

• 00-Shane00-Shane Posts: 124MI6 Agent
    I agree it looks more navy in the DM photos...whatever colour it is I approve wholeheartedly!
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    00-Shane wrote:
    I agree it looks more navy in the DM photos...whatever colour it is I approve wholeheartedly!

I'm with you. I dislike black suits, but if it's at a funeral I'd be okay with black. Sean Connery wore a black suit well at the funeral home in DAF.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    The collar pin is awful :# I think the suit looks elegant but hope he's not wearing just the suit with gloves on screen. Not a good look :# Scarf, gloves and hat should only be worn with a coat.

I just figured out the gloves. Since he is with the Aston Martin in this scene they are driving gloves! I think I see perforations.
  • 00-Shane00-Shane Posts: 124MI6 Agent
    Love this shot

71c79535656655bf3f8de4fe509b428e.jpg
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,170MI6 Agent
    edited February 2015
    00-Shane wrote:
    Love this shot

71c79535656655bf3f8de4fe509b428e.jpg

James Bond with an Aston Martin. What more could we ask for..? :007)
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
  • Arbogast 777Arbogast 777 Minneapolis Posts: 595MI6 Agent
    Shoes
    image.jpg
  • StiffassBritStiffassBrit United KingdomPosts: 219MI6 Agent
    Agreed 00 Shane. Are they really going to use this number plate? It's been a while since DC's Bond has been seen in a 3 piece.
    I'm sorry......that last hand...nearly killed me
  • goneontheroadgoneontheroad Posts: 168MI6 Agent
    you guys are definitely good. the shoes are amazing. i'm trying to figure out the keywords for search engines. "double (buckle) monk chukka" ? we need to find a more affordable alternative and fast.
  • UltimateTruthUltimateTruth Posts: 140MI6 Agent
    So that is definitely a peak lapel, three piece number worn onscreen in SPECTRE. Big changes!

39b0a69e51f86283f11b8466dcb163fb.jpg

fce6d230930e1271230b16ed7fb83311.jpg
    I got it, Bonds undercover as Karl Lagerfeld.
    article_2479131_1910866_E00000578_647_306x548.jpg

Ha Ha........Good one!
    you guys are definitely good. the shoes are amazing. i'm trying to figure out the keywords for search engines. "double (buckle) monk chukka" ? we need to find a more affordable alternative and fast.

They are double monk ankle boots. Chukkas have laces with two or three pairs of eyelets.
  • MarcoMarco Central EuropePosts: 130MI6 Agent
    edited February 2015
    006 wrote:
    Remmert007 wrote:
    Guess is based on this shot:

Screen_Shot_2015_02_20_at_19_08_57.jpg

Could it be the TF Hugh framed sunglasses?

http://www.tomford.com/hugh-polarized-square-wayfarer-sunglasses/FT0337P.html?dwvar_FT0337P_color=01N

Could be but IMHO the colour is Havana and the model is the Wayfarer Leo FT0336P. It is a bit narrower and higher.

TF_0336_56_R.jpg

What do you think?
  • goneontheroadgoneontheroad Posts: 168MI6 Agent
    actually, this isn't a bad alternative... for the boot. pretty close for a decent price.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/221638881227?lpid=82&chn=ps
  • shilton125shilton125 SCOTLANDPosts: 355MI6 Agent
    http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/141557712431?nav
    Looks like the sunglasses
    There are loads more photos here: http://imgur.com/a/JReCj

Does anyone else notice the cocktail cuffs on the shirt? That's brilliant!
  • Arbogast 777Arbogast 777 Minneapolis Posts: 595MI6 Agent
    Definitely looks like the Tom Ford logo at the end of the glasses...

image.jpg
  • hthomashthomas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 833MI6 Agent
    Definitely looks like the Tom Ford logo at the end of the glasses...

image.jpg

Yeah there is no doubt they are Tom Ford's. Either Hugh or Snowdon I believe.
    instagram.com/dressinglikebond
    Matt S wrote:
    There are loads more photos here: http://imgur.com/a/JReCj

Does anyone else notice the cocktail cuffs on the shirt? That's brilliant!

never saw that till now! nice catch.
  • TheExit148TheExit148 Posts: 562MI6 Agent
    To me, this is very Italian suiting, not British. It's def the vibe they are going for with the Rome scenes. I'm not saying this is a bad thing either.

Wardrobe knows whats up.
    edited February 2015
    TheExit148 wrote:
    To me, this is very Italian suiting, not British. It's def the vibe they are going for with the Rome scenes. I'm not saying this is a bad thing either.

Wardrobe knows whats up.

What makes it look Italian to you? I'm not seeing anything Italian in these clothes. Navy herringbone is a classic English suiting, and the silhouette of the suit is very English. Look at the links I posted earlier to see where the origins of Ford's designs come from. Black shoes aren't very Italian either.
  • SFPROPSSFPROPS USAPosts: 380MI6 Agent
    Doesn't really look navy to me. Looks black. All that shiny double breasted black looks Italian to me, but what do I know?
  • McQueenMcQueen Posts: 138MI6 Agent
    SFPROPS wrote:
    Doesn't really look navy to me. Looks black. All that shiny double breasted black looks Italian to me, but what do I know?

That it's not double breasted..
    SFPROPS wrote:

Look at the photos in post 758 and compare the colour of the suit to the darker, black tie. That's why I believe the suit is navy, since it looks blue compared to the black tie. It also looks really blue in some photos here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2962825/Daniel-Craig-takes-secret-Aston-Martin-DB1-spin-gets-character-latest-James-Bond-film.html. Do you remember the Greene party suit in QoS? That's a super dark blue as well. Sometimes navy looks black, but then you can see it's navy when it's next to black.
    edited February 2015
    McQueen wrote:
    SFPROPS wrote:

Maybe he meant double-breasted lapels? It's another name for peaked lapels. I will still argue that Ford's suit design is inspired by English fashion from the late 1960s more than anything. Flashy is often associated with Italian, but in this case it is not. Except for maybe the shorter jacket length.
  • SFPROPSSFPROPS USAPosts: 380MI6 Agent
    McQueen wrote:
    SFPROPS wrote:

DOH! Right. The lapels scream "DOUBLE BREASTED ITALIAN SUIT!"

Shiny black materials often times come off with a blue hue in photos. Hence why Superman sometimes has a blue reflection on his black hair in the comics. :))

Could be a very dark blue. Darker than normal navy. I'm just seeing black.
  • Msadd007Msadd007 Posts: 9MI6 Agent
    Anyone have any idea on the gloves? They look thicker than the Dents from SF
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,093MI6 Agent
    Matt, I did not and still don't see the cocktail cuffs, but I will defer to your expertise. Nice catch. -{

I dislike the collar bar. Unless they turn it into a Q gadget, I can't see Bond wearing it. The way it makes the knot of his tie jut out just bothers me.

As for the double monk boots, I guess it comes down to personal taste. I've always hated monk and double monk shoes, so I am not a fan of the boots.

So far I've been less than enthused with most of the clothing and accessories we've seen. On the plus side I'll save a lot of money on Bond related clothing. God, I miss Quantum of Solace.
    Matt, I did not and still don't see the cocktail cuffs, but I will defer to your expertise. Nice catch. -{

I dislike the collar bar. Unless they turn it into a Q gadget, I can't see Bond wearing it. The way it makes the knot of his tie jut out just bothers me.

As for the double monk boots, I guess it comes down to personal taste. I've always hated monk and double monk shoes, so I am not a fan of the boots.

So far I've been less than enthused with most of the clothing and accessories we've seen. On the plus side I'll save a lot of money on Bond related clothing. God, I miss Quantum of Solace.

The cocktail cuff can be seen in this image: Spectre_Cocktail_Cuff.jpg

I like collar pins (along with most classic clothing styles), but I agree with you that I can't see Bond wearing it. The same goes for the tab collars in SF.

Monk shoes or boots certainly aren't to everyone's tastes, but I wrote my argument for them on how they fit in well with Bond's history of footwear on my blog: http://thesuitsofjamesbond.com/a-first-look-at-spectres-suits/. That doesn't mean you have to like them, but they are much more appropriate for the character than the collar pin. I would prefer short boots with elastic over the instep like Connery wears in Thunderball, but these monk boots are more fashionable today. Geometry dictates that trouser legs that narrow have to be hemmed fairly short, and thus they are best worn with boots so the socks don't show. The narrow trouser legs in the 1960s were always worn with boots, probably for that reason.
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,334MI6 Agent
    Great info, Matt!
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,093MI6 Agent
    edited February 2015
    Agreed. Thanks Matt for the pic and the information. Oh, and great write up on your blog about this outfit. "Flashy" is the perfect word to describe this outfit. Perfect for a high priced trial lawyer, not a secret agent.
    Matt S wrote:

The cocktail cuff can be seen in this image: Spectre_Cocktail_Cuff.jpg

I like collar pins (along with most classic clothing styles), but I agree with you that I can't see Bond wearing it. The same goes for the tab collars in SF.

Monk shoes or boots certainly aren't to everyone's tastes, but I wrote my argument for them on how they fit in well with Bond's history of footwear on my blog: http://thesuitsofjamesbond.com/a-first-look-at-spectres-suits/. That doesn't mean you have to like them, but they are much more appropriate for the character than the collar pin. I would prefer short boots with elastic over the instep like Connery wears in Thunderball, but these monk boots are more fashionable today. Geometry dictates that trouser legs that narrow have to be hemmed fairly short, and thus they are best worn with boots so the socks don't show. The narrow trouser legs in the 1960s were always worn with boots, probably for that reason.

Matt your blog is pure gold. Thanks so much.