instagram.com/dressinglikebond
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,092MI6 Agent
    That coat looks way too tight.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    AngusrRoss wrote:
    Matt S wrote:
    hthomas wrote:

25_CD455200000578_2958733_image_m_42_142427473374.jpg

you guys can get a good idea here. It looks like the suede Tetbury or Chiltern by C&J. I could be wrong.

Now that you post the enlarged photo, it is certainly not the Tetbury or Chiltern. It's a derby shoe, perhaps even with a cap toe. It resembles the Norwich, and it may be a custom order in suede.

It does have a cap toe and I'm beginning to wonder if its actually an oxford.

From the photos here (http://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/bond-24-report-20150218-rome-photocall?t=&s=&id=03851) you are right that the shoes are oxfords. They are not the C&J Lonsdale since they only have five eyelets.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    That coat looks way too tight.

It is tight, but "way too tight" may be an exaggeration. It is lightweight, so creases show very easily. If the coat were buttoned up it would certainly look neater since the creases are mostly a result of the top of the coat collapsing.
  • StirlingStirling ScotlandPosts: 65MI6 Agent
    I seem to recall Welshboy posting this a while back, very similar suit if you ignore the massive lighting difference. DCCEA90A-F362-4303-B2C0-D674D0C55E18_zpsayijaqrd.jpg
  • kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent
    edited February 2015
    Matt S wrote:
    Look harder and you'll see the toe cap stitching. I saw another photo where the stitching was more noticeable, but I can make it out here.

You must have better eyesight than me Matt! Will defer to your better judgement
  • StrangewaysStrangeways London, UKPosts: 1,469MI6 Agent
    Omfg. I love this thread and how we all wanna look and dress like Bond.
    The coat. The sunglasses. The suit. The watch. The shoes.
    So exciting!
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,150MI6 Agent
    Omfg. I love this thread and how we all wanna look and dress like Bond.
    The coat. The sunglasses. The suit. The watch. The shoes.
    So exciting!

We're certainly an excitable bunch at times :)
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Tennyson wrote:
    Better picture of his boots.... i had a air like that in the 80's!

Ivs_Sh5v.jpg

reminds me of the coat, RM wore in LALD, in NYC :D
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    Tennyson wrote:

Ivs_Sh5v.jpg

reminds me of the coat, RM wore in LALD, in NYC :D

Agree AS. I thought Roger looked great in that outfit. DC looks good but I'm disappointed by the collar pin :#
  • andermtandermt Posts: 34MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    Tennyson wrote:
    Tennyson wrote:

Ivs_Sh5v.jpg

If the Boots are C&J, they seem to be un -released They seem to be the height of the Camberly, but only one Monk Strap

http://www.crockettandjones.com/product/camberley-black

That said, the top strap/buckle could be out of shot

There has to be a second strap under the trousers. Just one strap on a boot so low isn't going to keep it on.
    kadd wrote:
    This photo from the daily mail shows that it's definitely a boot. Looks like you can see the second (top) buckle on his right leg, but I may be imagining it...

Also it doesn't look like the Camberley because I can't see the stitching across the toe

25_D67_C6300000578_2960185_image_a_5_1424371618922.jpg

Look harder and you'll see the toe cap stitching. I saw another photo where the stitching was more noticeable, but I can make it out here.

Annoyingly they definitely look like the Camberley.

I had a pair of those on in black 2 weeks ago and decided they were a bit too similar to my Tetbury's so bought some suede boots instead!!
  • Remmert007Remmert007 Posts: 232MI6 Agent
    The sunglasses look a lot like Tom Ford Snowdon in Shiny Black. I know it's a dangerous path, trying to ID Bond's sunglasses, but that's my guess at this point. B-)
    BOND LIFESTYLE
    JamesBondLifestyle.com | Instagram | Facebook | Twitter

You only live once, live like Bond!
    I thought the same but as you say it can be a dangerous (and expensive!) path to try and ID or pull the trigger on a purchase so early on.
  • Remmert007Remmert007 Posts: 232MI6 Agent
    Guess is based on this shot:

Screen_Shot_2015_02_20_at_19_08_57.jpg
    BOND LIFESTYLE
    JamesBondLifestyle.com | Instagram | Facebook | Twitter

You only live once, live like Bond!
    Definitely the closest from that shot, difficult to tell lense colour in the sunlight though. Dark brown, black?
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    andermt wrote:
    Matt S wrote:
    Tennyson wrote:

If the Boots are C&J, they seem to be un -released They seem to be the height of the Camberly, but only one Monk Strap

http://www.crockettandjones.com/product/camberley-black

That said, the top strap/buckle could be out of shot

There has to be a second strap under the trousers. Just one strap on a boot so low isn't going to keep it on.
    kadd wrote:
    This photo from the daily mail shows that it's definitely a boot. Looks like you can see the second (top) buckle on his right leg, but I may be imagining it...

Also it doesn't look like the Camberley because I can't see the stitching across the toe

25_D67_C6300000578_2960185_image_a_5_1424371618922.jpg

I had a pair of those on in black 2 weeks ago and decided they were a bit too similar to my Tetbury's so bought some suede boots instead!!
    probably made the right decision, they look like something a Leprechaun would wear.
    andermt wrote:
    Matt S wrote:

probably made the right decision, they look like something a Leprechaun would wear.

I really like these boots and I think they're an excellent choice. Boots with a suit brings back Connery's style (though monk straps instead of elastic), and monk shoes were something Brosnan occasionally wore. Connery had a pair of brown single-monk boots in Diamonds Are Forever. It also honour's Fleming's Bond, who abhorred laces. They're dressier than Tetburys and thus better with a suit. They fit in perfectly with Bond's shoe history whilst bringing something new.
  • HoldenHolden UKPosts: 664MI6 Agent
    I can't say I'm a big fan of the coat - particularly, the lapels.
  • hthomashthomas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 833MI6 Agent
    Remmert007 wrote:

Going to look at these in person in just a few minutes. Will report back.
    instagram.com/dressinglikebond
    Holden wrote:
    I can't say I'm a big fan of the coat - particularly, the lapels.

The ulster collar is meant to be practical rather than stylish; it is designed to close all the way to the top, which peaked lapels can't do very effectively. This coat is essentially greatcoat, similar to what Daniel Craig wears in Quantum of Solace or Roger Moore wears in The Spy Who Loved Me. It's not as dressy as a chesterfield, like Roger Moore wears in Live and Let Die, or a guards coat, like Pierce Brosnan wears in Die Another Day, or really any double-breasted coat with peaked lapels. A dressier coat would have been better suited for a funeral, but he certainly isn't inappropriately dressed in this greatcoat. The only thing I don't like about this coat is that it's a little too tight, though some of that could be fixed by fastening more buttons.

I feel strange defending something Daniel Craig is wearing!
  • 006006 Posts: 258MI6 Agent
    Remmert007 wrote:

Could it be the TF Hugh framed sunglasses?

http://www.tomford.com/hugh-polarized-square-wayfarer-sunglasses/FT0337P.html?dwvar_FT0337P_color=01N
    For England James?

Instagram: instagram.com/tie_another_day
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    This is what I hate about TF stuff like this. They even use Wayfarer in the title. What a total rip.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • ThomoThomo ReadingPosts: 949MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:
    This is what I hate about TF stuff like this. They even use Wayfarer in the title. What a total rip.
    Couldn't agree more. Sell the clothes and leave the rest to the others, don't copy. Well said
    Thomo wrote:
    Asp9mm wrote:
    Couldn't agree more. Sell the clothes and leave the rest to the others, don't copy. Well said

When I saw Tom Ford do a live talk a few years ago he mentioned how popular his sunglasses and fragrances are, since nobody can afford his clothes. Though his clothes are very unique, people just buy the sunglasses because they can't afford his clothes. James Bond can certainly do better than wear a name!
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    I can live with TF suits being in Bond as long as the style is influenced by traditional Bond. I don't like these shirts he's started wearing since SF. Tabs and pins are not Bond. Big mistake.

As far as TF accessories. I have no respect for the brand whatsoever. It's not even a case of paying for quality. You're throwing loads of money at a name too. Names should be earned through quality alone, not because of the name. Too many high end brands that earned their name through making quality products have sold out over recent years and are cruising on name alone. TF isn't even one of those yet and he's doing it already. It's the celebrity culture and the bubble will burst.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • CmdrAtticusCmdrAtticus United StatesPosts: 1,102MI6 Agent
    MrZareba wrote:
    The sunglasses are most certainly Tom Ford I'm afraid, though they looked like Persol from distance.

Untitled_2.jpg

I checked out TF's site. I think these are the TF Wayfarers.
    Matt S wrote:
    andermt wrote:

I really like these boots and I think they're an excellent choice. Boots with a suit brings back Connery's style (though monk straps instead of elastic), and monk shoes were something Brosnan occasionally wore. Connery had a pair of brown single-monk boots in Diamonds Are Forever. It also honour's Fleming's Bond, who abhorred laces. They're dressier than Tetburys and thus better with a suit. They fit in perfectly with Bond's shoe history whilst bringing something new.

+1
    Asp9mm wrote:
    I can live with TF suits being in Bond as long as the style is influenced by traditional Bond. I don't like these shirts he's started wearing since SF. Tabs and pins are not Bond. Big mistake.

As far as TF accessories. I have no respect for the brand whatsoever. It's not even a case of paying for quality. You're throwing loads of money at a name too. Names should be earned through quality alone, not because of the name. Too many high end brands that earned their name through making quality products have sold out over recent years and are cruising on name alone. TF isn't even one of those yet and he's doing it already. It's the celebrity culture and the bubble will burst.

Totally agree on the tabs and pins. They're not Bond. Not sure who's decision they are? Costume Designer? TF? or even DC?
    Asp9mm wrote:

Totally agree on the tabs and pins. They're not Bond. Not sure who's decision they are? Costume Designer? TF? or even DC?

Tom Ford loves the collar pins. I have nothing against them, they just aren't for Bond. I never saw Craig in a tab collar before Skyfall, so I'm guessing it's the costume designer. Tab collars are cool, but they are not right for Bond.
  • Kaleema007Kaleema007 Posts: 322MI6 Agent
    006 wrote:
    Remmert007 wrote:

Agreed. After looking at the pictures, it does appear to be the Wayfarer...but until we have a more hi-res image and/or confirmation that it's the wayfarer model, it's pure speculation.

Could it be the TF Hugh framed sunglasses?

http://www.tomford.com/hugh-polarized-square-wayfarer-sunglasses/FT0337P.html?dwvar_FT0337P_color=01N
    Shocking...