Spectre Wardrobe(from filming)

Comments

• Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    CRB wrote:
    Really ? Crockett & Jones, Tom Ford and Omega all again. They really are trying to recreate Skyfall. How boring.

Daniel Craig has nothing on Sean Connery. Anthony Sinclair suits for 6 films, Turnbull & Asser shirts and ties for five of those films, and Rolex and Gruen watches in many of them. Pierce Brosnan wore Brioni in 4 films, Church's shoes in 4 film, Turnbull & Asser ties in 3, Turnbull & Asser shirts in 2. Some consistency would be a welcome return.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,148MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    Matt S wrote:
    I found a photo. The ribs are going the usual opposite direction of the stripes. On Craig's tie the ribs are going the same direction as the stripes.

Do you mean the rib of the fabric Matt? Can you tell that from the pics?

Yes, the rib of the repp or ottoman weave. Look at the third photo of post 637.

What sharp little eyes you have.. ;) Looks identical in all other aspects so wonder if it's another Tom Ford copy?
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
    Matt S wrote:

Do you mean the rib of the fabric Matt? Can you tell that from the pics?

What sharp little eyes you have.. ;) Looks identical in all other aspects so wonder if it's another Tom Ford copy?

It's most likely made by Tom Ford. But since it's hardly a unique design to Turnbull & Asser, I don't think it's fair to call it a copy.
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    I really, really don't like this outfit :/ Mr Bond looks like a member of a communist party back from the 70'/80' - especially the tie. A lot of older men are wearing ties like these here in Poland and I never consider them very fashionable.

The overall cut seems to big, why can't they just go back to those brilliant suits from QoS which were absolutely perfect?
    MrZareba wrote:
    I really, really don't like this outfit :/ Mr Bond looks like a member of a communist party back from the 70'/80' - especially the tie. A lot of older men are wearing ties like these here in Poland and I never consider them very fashionable.

The overall cut seems to big, why can't they just go back to those brilliant suits from QoS which were absolutely perfect?

I wouldn't worry too much. This most likely won't be in the film. The who style is too un-Bond-like. Daniel Craig has made public appearances in this suit. However, the style of double-breasted chalk stripe suit with brown suede shoes is reminiscent of what the Duke of Windsor wore. The tie is a classic design. Your views might be limited to your country.
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    MrZareba wrote:

same here, Craig's worn that suit before though, last year before filming started, and I hated it then. But I assume the dress shirts are the same ones he'll wear on screen, and apparently his suits are peak lapel as well, which I don't understand, notch lapels fit the character so much better.
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    MrZareba wrote:

I'm with you. It's an awful ensemble and not at all Bond. If it is in the film, I'm writing a stern letter.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:
    MrZareba wrote:

I'm with you. It's an awful ensemble and not at all Bond. If it is in the film, I'm writing a stern letter.

LOL!

As for being limited only to my country - actually not, I'am a 90' kid so I know some things about fashion in general - the Royal family members are making faux pas (no idea how to make this one plural) from time to time also so I really don't want to base my taste on them! But that's just my opinion - the double breasted suit is a very classic design and looks perfect when tailored right, this one seems simply too big for Craig - the sleeves seem to be a little bit too long also, I prefer the shorter sleeves with a generous part of the shirt visible like he rocked it in QoS.

I think I saw one picture of him wearing the exact same suit previously so hopefully it won't make the cut. On the other side remember that the Billy Reid jacket started as his personal overcoat also...
  • AngusrRossAngusrRoss ScotlandPosts: 121MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    hthomas wrote:
    Matt S wrote:

Can you really tell how high they go?

25_CD455200000578_2958733_image_m_42_142427473374.jpg

you guys can get a good idea here. It looks like the suede Tetbury or Chiltern by C&J. I could be wrong.

Now that you post the enlarged photo, it is certainly not the Tetbury or Chiltern. It's a derby shoe, perhaps even with a cap toe. It resembles the Norwich, and it may be a custom order in suede.

It does have a cap toe and I'm beginning to wonder if its actually an oxford.
  • shilton125shilton125 SCOTLANDPosts: 355MI6 Agent
    its probably the Molton as he has both the brown and black
    shilton125 wrote:
    its probably the Molton as he has both the brown and black

The Molton is a chukka. These are shoes, not boots. I think they are derby shoes, though oxfords are a possibility. It's so hard to tell with these images.
    MrZareba wrote:
    Asp9mm wrote:
    MrZareba wrote:

LOL!

As for being limited only to my country - actually not, I'am a 90' kid so I know some things about fashion in general - the Royal family members are making faux pas (no idea how to make this one plural) from time to time also so I really don't want to base my taste on them! But that's just my opinion - the double breasted suit is a very classic design and looks perfect when tailored right, this one seems simply too big for Craig - the sleeves seem to be a little bit too long also, I prefer the shorter sleeves with a generous part of the shirt visible like he rocked it in QoS.

I think I saw one picture of him wearing the exact same suit previously so hopefully it won't make the cut. On the other side remember that the Billy Reid jacket started as his personal overcoat also...

The fit is just off, though I don't see anywhere where it looks to big. I agree that the sleeves are too long. The jacket is too tight in parts and too short overall. The balance may be off a little, which can sometimes give the impression of it being too large. The trousers are much too tight. If Tom Ford has a deal to make the suits in the film, this one couldn't make it in anyway since it's not Tom Ford.
  • shilton125shilton125 SCOTLANDPosts: 355MI6 Agent
    Looking again it looks like the Lonsdale
    shilton125 wrote:

I don't think the last is right. Craig's shoes look more chiseled, and I don't think they have as many eyelets either.
  • hthomashthomas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 833MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    shilton125 wrote:

I don't think the last is right. Craig's shoes look more chiseled, and I don't think they have as many eyelets either.

Yeah after first thinking it was the Lonsdale, I am pretty sure it isn't.

I also think this suit might be a Sinclair suit. They tweeted out a photo of the photocall today. I have contacted and asked. Waiting for reply.
    instagram.com/dressinglikebond
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    I had a feeling double breasted would be the next move for DC and although this is just the Photo Call etc I have a feeling he will wear one in SPECTRE. Seems to be fairly popular at the moment in fashion mags and of course Kingsman suited up this way
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    hthomas wrote:
    Matt S wrote:
    shilton125 wrote:

Yeah after first thinking it was the Lonsdale, I am pretty sure it isn't.

I also think this suit might be a Sinclair suit. They tweeted out a photo of the photocall today. I have contacted and asked. Waiting for reply.

I highly doubt it. Anthony Sinclair posts all kinds of Bond-related things. It would be quite a disappointment if Sinclair made this. It certainly doesn't look bespoke.
  • othertravelothertravel Posts: 437MI6 Agent
    The suit looks like a cucinelli.
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,148MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    Matt S wrote:

It's most likely made by Tom Ford. But since it's hardly a unique design to Turnbull & Asser, I don't think it's fair to call it a copy.

I really like that tie. Any thoughts as to what it might be Matt?
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
  • StiffassBritStiffassBrit United KingdomPosts: 219MI6 Agent
    Kaleema007 wrote:
    You can pick up a nice (Connery) one for around £20 on the bay. The new Omega black and grey ones are around £100 I think.

can you provide links please? :D

Here you go; :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Real-Bond-Pre-Nato-Strap-Band-20mm-New-Version-/281599743074?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item4190a71462

http://m.omegawatches.com/accessories/fine-jewellery/selected-accessories/nato-straps

Hi guys, I don't know if this has been put on a thread before but it's worth having a read of this link: http://rolexblog.blogspot.co.uk/2009/07/real-james-bond-watchstrap-comes-to.html?m=1. I don't think Corvus trade anymore under that name but the person from Phoenix straps, who supplies the MOD, trades on Ebay as mickie500 and has many NATO & RAF straps on offer including Bond. I managed to find him last night and his straps look well made. Would like to know if anyone's got any experience with Phoenix straps.
    I'm sorry......that last hand...nearly killed me
  • UNCLE27UNCLE27 EnglandPosts: 1,120MI6 Agent
    Yes, I'm wearing a Phoenix NATO strap this morning. They're fine. Well made and robust. I believe that Phoenix were the Company chosen by the MOD to originally supply the NATO straps for Military purposes.
  • Remmert007Remmert007 Posts: 232MI6 Agent
    edited February 2015
    The suit seems to be Brunello Cucinelli as suggested by othertravel.

And indeed, MrZareba, he wore the same suit in September 2014 (thanks to Morten for the link):

1412069141513_Image_gallery_Image_Celebrities_at_Chiltern_F.jpg

Image Source: Daily Mail

The watch is the new Seamaster 300.
    BOND LIFESTYLE
    JamesBondLifestyle.com | Instagram | Facebook | Twitter

You only live once, live like Bond!
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    ugly glasses - totally unflattering for Dannyboy - but the watch screams 6538 though it's obviously the Seamaster300 on an Omega Nato
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    edited February 2015
    Check out these shoes ....

spedtrefuneral_2.jpg

And these sunglasses

spectrefuneral.jpg
  • thelordflasheartthelordflasheart Posts: 310MI6 Agent
    For those of us who haven't read the leaked script, it may be a good idea to NOT identify scenes with descriptive words...is there any reason to mention what scene this is from? Why not just say "check out the shoes and sunglasses here"?

Things like this make me think I need to stop visiting here until after SPECTRE comes out...
    The Mantis wrote:
    Check out these shoes from the funeral scene....

spedtrefuneral_2.jpg

And these sunglasses

spectrefuneral.jpg
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Apologies...I will edit the post...though Yahoo and global news posted these photos and denoted them as such...
    Well, I would say that people that want to avoid spoilers should definitely avoid this particular thread and not blame people for revealing something from the movie. And they should definitely not quote the spoiler so that it's still visible :)
    BOND LIFESTYLE

• SFPROPSSFPROPS USAPosts: 380MI6 Agent
    The thread title implies that there are going to be photos taken from on set to determine wardrobe. There are always spoilers in those sorts of things. You can delete the descriptions, but it's going to be tough not to know what's going on in a photo where there is a clearly a casket and a crypt involved.
  • VandrellVandrell London, EnglandPosts: 324MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    Check out these shoes ....

spedtrefuneral_2.jpg

And these sunglasses

spectrefuneral.jpg

Is that a buckle? I bought a new pair of C&J last week and saw some ankle boots with a strap across them in the shop. I think they were called Portman or Portland, something like that. The whole monk strap is not my cup of tea but they seem to be very popular at the minute, C&J had several different styles with them on and have some in their new release coming soon too.
    Sunglasses look like Tom Ford (no surprise).
    BOND LIFESTYLE