Spectre Wardrobe(from filming)

Comments

• HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent
    Flighty wrote:
    I've been taking a closer look at the photos and had a thought about this outfit.
    It appears awfully similar to the outfit of the guy he just killed at his feet, meaning the irony of this first outfit is, it may not even be Bond's choice but a disguise to get close to Spectre.
    However I may be completely wrong either way it's a cool get up.
    image.jpg

The Skyfall peacoat/jumper/gloves costume was part of a disguise (limo driver at the airport). Heck, his tuxedo in QoS was a disguise.
  • NorchaNorcha Posts: 148MI6 Agent
    Does enyone contacted Vuarnet and asked about glasses?
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    All companies have been contacted...hope to post something end of day on Monday in regards to jacket.
  • Kaleema007Kaleema007 Posts: 322MI6 Agent
    mglover92 wrote:
    image.jpg

and we have a bingo on the jacket! Yes!!!! IF you look at their website the stuff they are selling is this style.

http://www.matchlesslondon.com

Wonder when it will be available?

Just because they claim it is there's does not mean to say it is, this could simply
    Mean they are stealing PR. When the owned Belstaff, I'm sure they tried this and also what was sometime used in films was not released to the public, dark knight, mission impossible the ones they released had been changed slightly or by a fair bit
    Ross

I sent an email to Matchless Corporate inquiring about the model of this jacket and when it would be available to purchase. Hopefully they respond. . . Will post whatever info I get (unless someone else already reached out to them and gets a quicker response than I do)

*** Just saw Mantis' post as well so maybe he will get a response first. Anyway, someone is bound to dig some info up.***
    Shocking...
  • projectalphaprojectalpha Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    I really think it's the Moncler. Even down to the different material in the back.

fpHasnV.jpg

*edit*
    Link to larger version.
    http://i.imgur.com/fpHasnV.jpg
  • jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,942MI6 Agent
    I really think it's the Moncler. Even down to the different material in the back.

fpHasnV.jpg

*edit*
    Link to larger version.

It's not the moncler, I had the moncler and sent it back, zip pull is different, zip on the moncler is blue plastic, it's metal in the photo! Also the trim by the zip looks black it was brown on the moncler.
    Ross
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    Looks to be the Moncler to me unless Matchless did make it, I just see no real difference between the ones who posted pics of it and the above shot of DC.
  • SFPROPSSFPROPS USAPosts: 380MI6 Agent

fpHasnV.jpg

*edit*
    Link to larger version.

It's not the moncler, I had the moncler and sent it back, zip pull is different, zip on the moncler is blue plastic, it's metal in the photo! Also the trim by the zip looks black it was brown on the moncler.
    Ross

Someone posted this picture of a Moncler a couple of weeks back. It has the metal zip pulls, not blue plastic:
    3609360.jpg
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    SFPROPS, I think Ross was saying the zipper, not the pulls, were blue plastic. In the Moncler picture the zipper is definitely blue, while the Spectre picture shows metal zippers. Also the pulls, while both metal, are different shapes. Due to the lighting differences I really can't tell the color of the Spectre trim, whether it's brown or black. Perhaps the production team replaced the zippers on the Moncler.

It may not be a Moncler, but it's certainly "inspired" by it, like the TF 108 in QoS was copied from the OP Airman.
    SFPROPS wrote:

fpHasnV.jpg

*edit*
    Link to larger version.

Ross

Someone posted this picture of a Moncler
    a couple of weeks back. It has the metal zip pulls, not blue plastic:
    3609360.jpg
    image.jpg

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    You can't really tell what the actual zipper is made of, IMO. Shiny dark plastic sometimes comes off as metal, especially when surrounded by a black field. The reflections can make things very deceptive.

We've got one picture of the Bond pocket zipper pull, and it does look close enough that with distortion, etc., it still could be the same pull.

I'd say though that the odds are high that this might be a Ford reproduction, since they likely didn't want to use a jacket with a logo on the sleeve anyways. It would be really odd if this wasn't a Moncler though. I'm doubting that Tom Ford would take the time to duplicate it so closely that even the zipper pulls are either the same, or almost the same.
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    SFPROPS wrote:
    You can't really tell what the actual zipper is made of, IMO. Shiny dark plastic sometimes comes off as metal, especially when surrounded by a black field. The reflections can make things very deceptive.

We've got one picture of the Bond pocket zipper pull, and it does look close enough that with distortion, etc., it still could be the same pull.

I'd say though that the odds are high that this might be a Ford reproduction, since they likely didn't want to use a jacket with a logo on the sleeve anyways. It would be really odd if this wasn't a Moncler though. I'm doubting that Tom Ford would take the time to duplicate it so closely that even the zipper pulls are either the same, or almost the same.
    the logo could be easily removed, but perhaps it is TF.
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    SFPROPS wrote:

the logo could be easily removed, but perhaps it is TF.

Yes the logo could be easily removed. In CR the Jack Purcell trademarked orange smile markings were blacked out and in QOS the trademark Y-3 was removed from the black Haiti Jacket. Clothing is often altered: in Skyfall the black placard was removed from the Zara shirt and the Barbour was also altered.

If it is a copy of the Moncler I hope it's by a company that will sell it for less than the original. I could see Tom Ford charging at least $2500 for their version.
  • SilverFingerSilverFinger Brisbane, AustraliaPosts: 280MI6 Agent
    Hi Everyone,

Great discussion. Just thought I'd make an observation, I don't believe it's been mentioned yet. To my eyes, it looks as though there is an elasticated section on the waist band about 7-8cm long just below the right elbow. I haven't seen any conclusive images of the Moncler, but those who have seen or have one, is there such an elastic section there? The way that fabric is gathered screams of elastic, if it's on the Moncler that would be conclusive I believe. The Moncler otherwise looks accurate with the possible exception of slight differences in colour.

-{

Dan.
    150212_first_look_pants_james_bond.jpg
    sales@royalefilmwear.com / subscribe@royalefilmwear.com (To join the notification list and be advised of new releases)
    https://royalefilmwear.storenvy.com
    https://www.facebook.com/royalefilmwear
    https://instagram.com/royale_filmwear
    Reply from Matchless

Dear Sir,

Thanks for your kind email and interest in our Company.

We currently cannot disclose the project, but we will update you as soon
    as possible publishing new details on Matchless London Tumblr.

Best regards,

Serena
  • VoxIsMyCowboyVoxIsMyCowboy Posts: 47MI6 Agent
    Reply from Matchless

Dear Sir,

Best regards,

Serena

Sounds like they've got a confidentiality clause?

Or maybe they're not allowed to outright say "we are in a James Bond film" like Heineken can?
  • canoe2canoe2 Posts: 2,007MI6 Agent
    edited February 2015
    Reply from Matchless

Dear Sir,

Best regards,

Serena

Or maybe they're not allowed to outright say "we are in a James Bond film" like Heineken can?

I think they already have come out and said that they are supplying a jacket in their Instagram post that UndeadKennedy shared. May not be the one shown in the promo pic.

I have not been looking into this at anywhere near the depth some others have, but when I look at his shoulder in the picture, it looks a lot like a tight fitting vest over a sweater. The seam does not look the same as in the large image of the jacket jared_nomak shared.

Could it possibly be a montcler vest (based on the jacket design) over a Matchless sweater?
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    canoe2 wrote:
    Reply from Matchless

Dear Sir,

Best regards,

Serena

I think they already have come out and said that they are supplying a jacket in their Instagram post that UndeadKennedy shared. May not be the one shown in the promo pic.

I have not been looking into this at anywhere near the depth some others have, but when I look at his shoulder in the picture, it looks a lot like a tight fitting vest over a sweater. The seam does not look the same as in the large image of the jacket jared_nomak shared.

Could it possibly be a montcler vest (based on the jacket design) over a Matchless sweater?

I'm still pretty sure it's all one piece like the Moncler.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • Kaleema007Kaleema007 Posts: 322MI6 Agent

Reading between the lines, sounds like they know that this is their jacket. Matter of when they officially confirm and when we can purchase.
    Shocking...
  • TheExit148TheExit148 Posts: 562MI6 Agent
    Hi Everyone,

Great discussion. Just thought I'd make an observation, I don't believe it's been mentioned yet. To my eyes, it looks as though there is an elasticated section on the waist band about 7-8cm long just below the right elbow. I haven't seen any conclusive images of the Moncler, but those who have seen or have one, is there such an elastic section there? The way that fabric is gathered screams of elastic, if it's on the Moncler that would be conclusive I believe. The Moncler otherwise looks accurate with the possible exception of slight differences in colour.

-{

Dan.
    Someone with the Moncler needs to confirm. This is an interesting piece of info here.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    I believe Matchless may have been smacked a little for the release of this info...
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    I heard from a friend ,that C@J have supplied more shoes to the film , He bought some new shoes from one of their stores
    and a staff member mentioned it .
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent
    I also heard this info as well, Always Shaken.

On another note, I popped into my local Omega boutique to pick up a Nato strap for my Seamaster, and when I requested the black & grey strap, the rep said "Oh, the Bond strap." So looks like it's officially known as such in the Omega family.

http://www.omegawatches.com/accessories/accessories/nato-straps/031ZSZ002045

Kind regards,
    Craig
    I'm wondering if Omega was under the impression that the "Bond" strap Connery wore was grey and black? Lots of people still believe this. They don't offer a strap with true Bond colors.
  • The_CommanderThe_Commander EnglandPosts: 245MI6 Agent
    What's the retail on the "Bond strap" these days?
    1:Sf, 2:NTTD, 3:TSWLM, 4:CR, 5:OHMSS
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,132MI6 Agent
    You can pick up a nice (Connery) one for around £20 on the bay. The new Omega black and grey ones are around £100 I think.
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
    Yeah, you can get a more modern NATO strap with the metal, or the more traditional straps with just the single fabric band holder. I think I paid $15 on eBay for mine and it's great.
  • hthomashthomas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 833MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    I believe Matchless may have been smacked a little for the release of this info...

Wouldn't be surprised. They pulled back really quickly.
    instagram.com/dressinglikebond
  • SilverFingerSilverFinger Brisbane, AustraliaPosts: 280MI6 Agent
    TheExit148 wrote:
    Hi Everyone,

-{

Dan.
    Someone with the Moncler needs to confirm. This is an interesting piece of info here.

Also... From this image we can tell that the knit is the same in both colour and weave on the 'back' (where the elastic ends) and on the elbow, implying, but not confirming that it is indeed a single piece jacket and not a top and vest as some are speculating. That could however mean it's a 'set' rather than a jacket, but I favour 1 piece jacket, which makes more sense. This is not as obvious on the 'back' and 'sleeve' (at the shoulder) as the knit weave runs vertically down the back which fails to display the ribbing from that angle.

-{

Dan.
    sales@royalefilmwear.com / subscribe@royalefilmwear.com (To join the notification list and be advised of new releases)
    https://royalefilmwear.storenvy.com
    https://www.facebook.com/royalefilmwear
    https://instagram.com/royale_filmwear
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Dan, what are your thoughts about making a replica? I'd certainly be up for one. -{
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."