Spectre Wardrobe(from filming)

Comments

• MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    Jellyfish wrote:
    spectre-poster.jpg

A thought that occurred to me when I saw this image is that perhaps this is not a complete outfit? Whenever DC has been carrying the PPK, it's usually been concealed under a jacket, so perhaps he wears one over the jumper in the film. However, if the picture shows a complete outfit without a jacket, like Roger Moore's in LALD, and concealability is not a concern, it would make sense for Bond to have something bigger and more powerful than the PPK, such as Rog's revolver.

I can bet all my money this will be his outfit in the pre title sequence.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Not that I'm any Fashion expert, but I wear mine sometimes with Jeans and a light grey Hoodie top.
    I like to think it makes me look a bit like a "Hipster" .
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Not that I'm any Fashion expert, but I wear mine sometimes with Jeans and a light grey Hoodie top.

I think using the word "hipster" in the James Bond community is equivalent to asking for being shot in the nuts :D Only my opinion though!!!
    :)) :)) :))

Or maybe most people think I look like a homeless person ? :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • PaperbillPaperbill FloridaPosts: 810MI6 Agent
    MrZareba wrote:

I think using the word "hipster" in the James Bond community is equivalent to asking for being shot in the nuts :D Only my opinion though!!!
    Haha
  • SFPROPSSFPROPS USAPosts: 380MI6 Agent
    "I can bet all my money this will be his outfit in the pre title sequence."

I'm not so sure about that, because he's wearing the 300m with the NATO strap in the photo. That watch doesn't come until later in the film. We've already seen the Aqua Terra from scenes that seem to be after the PTS. I'm betting this comes more towards the end of the film.
  • hthomashthomas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 833MI6 Agent
    There is a pic of Craig here from set today- clearly not wearing this outfit. He is wearing a skeleton costume

http://noticieros.televisa.com/mexico-df/1503/007-inicia-grabacion-dia-muertos-centro-historico/

Looks like the Persol's from the Austria photocall correct?
    instagram.com/dressinglikebond
    SFPROPS wrote:

I'm not so sure about that, because he's wearing the 300m with the NATO strap in the photo. That watch doesn't come until later in the film. We've already seen the Aqua Terra from scenes that seem to be after the PTS. I'm betting this comes more towards the end of the film.

Also might be a possibility...
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    Jellyfish wrote:
    One of the photos from the set had DC in a beautiful overcoat, very similar
    To Roger's " arriving at NY" LALD or Pierce's in GE.

If you mean the navy one worn on the boat with Rory Kinnear, that was really lovely. I couldn't see him wearing it with the grey roll neck jumper though.

The navy coat on the boat and in the office in London is like a single-breasted version of the double-breasted New York chesterfield from Live and Let Die. I agree that wearing that would not be right with the jumper, considering the chesterfield is a very formal coat. In Rome, Daniel Craig wears a double-breasted coat (similar to a greatcoat) that's most similar to coat at the end of Quantum of Solace or the coat Roger Moore briefly wears over his naval uniform in the beginning of The Spy Who Loved Me. I saw some people compare the Rome greatcoat to the Live and Let Die chesterfield, but they are much different coats despite both being double-breasted. This coat could be dressed down with a jumper, but something shorter would still be more appropriate. I'm wondering if the holster with this outfit is just for the poster and was only done to pay homage to LALD.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    SFPROPS wrote:

Is the watch change part of the story you know from the leaked script? It's possible that Craig could switch between the watches, wearing the 300 with the NATO strap for casual clothes like the jumper and the Aqua Terra with his suits. Connery switched between watches in some of his films.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,605Chief of Staff
    MrZareba wrote:
    Jellyfish wrote:
    spectre-poster.jpg

A thought that occurred to me when I saw this image is that perhaps this is not a complete outfit? Whenever DC has been carrying the PPK, it's usually been concealed under a jacket, so perhaps he wears one over the jumper in the film. However, if the picture shows a complete outfit without a jacket, like Roger Moore's in LALD, and concealability is not a concern, it would make sense for Bond to have something bigger and more powerful than the PPK, such as Rog's revolver.

Will you be sending a check or bank transfer ? :D
    YNWA 97
    "Is the watch change part of the story you know from the leaked script?"
    Yes, he gets the 300 from Q a bit after the PTS and most likely wears it for the rest of the film. At least he does into the third act. I believe that the scene with him and Tanner on the boat is on their way to see Q. He's likely going to wear the 300 with a bunch of different outfits because it's special and was given to him by Q.
  • TennysonTennyson A View to a KillPosts: 606MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    MrZareba wrote:
    Jellyfish wrote:
    spectre-poster.jpg

Will you be sending a check or bank transfer ? :D

A much safer bet would be to put it on Mexico City being the pre-title sequence, and as its Ben pointed out, JB will be wearing a skeleton outfit..... Now which brave fashion conscious collectors will wear that on a normal day, with or without a SM300.....
  • hthomashthomas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 833MI6 Agent
    First pics coming in from Craig filming today in Mexico.

28ujyu0.jpg
    instagram.com/dressinglikebond
    I like the suit! Very QoS like!
    Can't complain about the suit. Always safe with a dark suit and a blue tie.
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    It looks a bit too tight, like the Slyfall suits, in this photo... I hope they don't go down that route again... :#

Or maybe it's because he appears to have some kind of bag over his shoulder and maybe that's pulling the suit out of shape...
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • TennysonTennyson A View to a KillPosts: 606MI6 Agent
    The strap is from a weapon and the tightness is due to the fact he is wearing a safety harness, so don't think we can assume anything with the tightness of the suit
    image.jpg
  • HoldenHolden UKPosts: 664MI6 Agent
    Regardless of the safety harness, the jacket and trousers still look too tight and too short.
    Holden wrote:
    Regardless of the safety harness, the jacket and trousers still look too tight and too short.

I agree. I wish they went back to the QoS look and not the Skyfall look.
  • The_Black_007The_Black_007 Posts: 94MI6 Agent
    I've always thought DC's suits looked great. A lot of people have complained that they're too tight but that's his style and I think it's how he really gets into the character and feels like Bond. The late great James Gandolfini said whilst playing Tony Soprano- between seasons he lost a bit of weight and it really affected his acting performance during rehearsals for the new season of The Sopranos. He said he didn't feel like Tony Soprano should feel as the weight loss had affected the way he walked etc. He quickly put the weight back on.
    BOND - "I'd say it's a 30-year-old fine indifferently blended Sir...with an overdose of bon bois."
    M - "Colonel Smithers is giving the lecture 007!"
    I also think the suit may look a little tight, as I'm sure Daniel has a harness, and
    Probably some padding under it. ;)
  • AngusrRossAngusrRoss ScotlandPosts: 121MI6 Agent
  • mudz112mudz112 London, United KingdomPosts: 130MI6 Agent
    AngusrRoss wrote:

Good shout. Looks very similar. Crockett & Jones have such a fantastic range.
  • JellyfishJellyfish EnglandPosts: 465MI6 Agent
    Anyone care to guess which shoes Bond wears with the outfit from the teaser poster? I think the Crockett & Jones Tetbury chukka boots, from Skyfall, would be a good choice, but feel that they might want to use a newer design, such as the monk strap boots we've already seen with the black coat. These would look okay too, in my opinion, and more appropriate with the jumper than with the formal coat.
    Jellyfish wrote:
    Anyone care to guess which shoes Bond wears with the outfit from the teaser poster? I think the Crockett & Jones Tetbury chukka boots, from Skyfall, would be a good choice, but feel that they might want to use a newer design, such as the monk strap boots we've already seen with the black coat. These would look okay too, in my opinion, and more appropriate with the jumper than with the formal coat.

I agree that the monk boots would be a good choice with the mock polo neck jumper. I think they look great with the coat, since it really isn't a very formal coat. It's a more military-like coat than a dressy coat. The suit, however, is more formal and could use a dressier overcoat and lace-up shoes.
    Tennyson wrote:
    The strap is from a weapon and the tightness is due to the fact he is wearing a safety harness, so don't think we can assume anything with the tightness of the suit
    image.jpg

Has anyone else noticed the windowpane pattern? I'm wondering if it's just a windowpane or an overcheck to a glen check.
  • paulpaul Posts: 33MI6 Agent
    any idea what the weapon is ?
  • dukebongdukebong Universal Exports London Posts: 34MI6 Agent
    Jellyfish wrote:

One thing we know Bond wears black socks!
    Instagram: universal_exports_London