Baby due tomorrow????

Hope not :)) 6th Oct !!!
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    Awesome bud , quality gear. I'm jealous
    I too have mine on the CR PO and it fits perfectly
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    JV jacket came today, really really like it, defo suits a more athletic / built physique and fits as though it was tailored for me....

Thanks to Steve (Westward Drift) for such a gracious act and letting me have a Large at ticket price. With the profiteering on Fleabay its nice to deal between proper Bond fans, happier to see a fellow fan / collector benefit than their own pocket...

NATO strap arrived too, within 7 days from ordering at my local Omega dealer (fitted on my CR PO), Sanders came Saturday, all in all a good "Spectre" week...

M

Yeah. looks great on the NATO, will prob revert to the rubber strap, but cant make my mind up re the SM300MC.... Pram / Nursery / etc first, Matchless (maybe) then watch (probably)

• welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    :D Bizarre coincidence you two have the same due date!!

Then again due dates were well out with my two nippers
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    JV jacket came today, really really like it, defo suits a more athletic / built physique and fits as though it was tailored for me....

Thanks to Steve (Westward Drift) for such a gracious act and letting me have a Large at ticket price. With the profiteering on Fleabay its nice to deal between proper Bond fans, happier to see a fellow fan / collector benefit than their own pocket...

NATO strap arrived too, within 7 days from ordering at my local Omega dealer (fitted on my CR PO), Sanders came Saturday, all in all a good "Spectre" week...

M

Yeah. looks great on the NATO, will prob revert to the rubber strap, but cant make my mind up re the SM300MC.... Pram / Nursery / etc first, Matchless (maybe) then watch (probably)

Watches / NPEAL / CJs etc will still be around next few years. Pram and Matchless priority lol {[]
    welshboy78 wrote:
    007JBDCMWR wrote:

Very true...

Nabbing the unique stuff is priority. After Baby of course...

Watches / NPEAL / CJs etc will still be around next few years. Pram and Matchless priority lol {[]

• singhammersinghammer Posts: 108MI6 Agent
    severn-suede.jpg

http://www.upper-shoes.com/en/man/crockett-and-jones/5467-severn-suede.html#/colors-safari_beige/size-8_5

Beige suede shoes from Crockett & Jones. They may not be the ones from Spectre, but there is a possibility that the are from C&J.
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    007JBDCMWR wrote:

Thanks for the kind words, 007JBDCMWR. Much appreciated. With you and Ross having little ones at the same time I have to wonder, does anyone make Aston Martin DB5-shaped prams? (And, no, the $4600 Silver Cross Surf Aston Martin Edition Pram doesn't count unless it has machine guns and an ejector seat. :D )

As for the Matchless jacket, I'm sure it will remain out of my price range. So unless there is a budget version, I'll have to live vicariously through the rest of you. Just good timing, for me at least, that the JV was identified just as it was going on clearance sales. I was glad to pass along the extra jackets that fell my way.

Thankfully most of the Spectre clothing either doesn't interest me or is completely impractical for coastal California. If only I skied. Now I'm waiting to see if Bond's bathrobe is ever identified.
  • icsics Posts: 1,413MI6 Agent
  • The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,329MI6 Agent
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    welshboy78 wrote:
    007JBDCMWR wrote:

Thanks for the kind words, 007JBDCMWR. Much appreciated. With you and Ross having little ones at the same time I have to wonder, does anyone make Aston Martin DB5-shaped prams? (And, no, the $4600 Silver Cross Surf Aston Martin Edition Pram doesn't count unless it has machine guns and an ejector seat. :D )

As for the Matchless jacket, I'm sure it will remain out of my price range. So unless there is a budget version, I'll have to live vicariously through the rest of you. Just good timing, for me at least, that the JV was identified just as it was going on clearance sales. I was glad to pass along the extra jackets that fell my way.

Thankfully most of the Spectre clothing either doesn't interest me or is completely impractical for coastal California. If only I skied. Now I'm waiting to see if Bond's bathrobe is ever identified.

stern_family_reunion_050.jpg
    The Mantis wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:

David, my wife says THANKS :))
    Tho now my DBS is gone I dont think I can cope with off spring having a AM and not Dad !
    Tho babies face as right foot plants 500 dbs horses would be fun :D

The Mantis wrote:

David, why am I not surprised? :))
  • kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent
    I picked up my Sanders boots from Anthony Sinclair (along with my conduit suit!) yesterday and have been wearing them at work today.

I am very pleased and glad I bought these. I didn't like these when I first saw pictures but they've grown on me. I agree with what someone else has said which is that the sole is"smaller" looking in real life than in pictures.

For information I went half a size bigger. Could do a bit more length in the toe but if I went up a whole size they are too wide.

And another observation is that I found the heel was quite sharp and cut into my heel when walking. I inserted a couple of gel strips along the edge of the heel and that has solved the problem.
    Congrats!!! Make sure you get a pic of that suit uploaded!! Mine is in "processing" stage (not sure what ordering times are like but I guess dispatched soon)

I was weary about the Sanders and took a gamble but love them now in hand!
  • kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Congrats!!! Make sure you get a pic of that suit uploaded!! Mine is in "processing" stage (not sure what ordering times are like but I guess dispatched soon)

Cheers mate!

When I spoke to David he said they should catch up on all orders for the conduit suit this weekend, so hopefully yours will ship soon! Apparently they sold about 100 of them.

Will try and get a pick of the suit, cocktail cuff shirt, black knitted tie and white linen pocket square!
    I look forward to the pictures of the conduit suit. I wonder if it would be possible to mix a regular jacket and long trousers without incurring a special order fee.
    edited July 2015
    I look forward to the pictures of the conduit suit. I wonder if it would be possible to mix a regular jacket and long trousers without incurring a special order fee.

I believe so. Due to my location etc he said I could send back any part for different size no problem. He even said I could use my suit as a test to see if sizing correct and I could return it for a Goldfinger spec and pay the difference!!

You deal with the man directly and he is very helpful indeed!!!
    kadd wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:

Cheers mate!

When I spoke to David he said they should catch up on all orders for the conduit suit this weekend, so hopefully yours will ship soon! Apparently they sold about 100 of them.

Will try and get a pick of the suit, cocktail cuff shirt, black knitted tie and white linen pocket square!

Cool! Looking forward to it!

UPDATE: just logged into Sinclair and my order has shipped :D Been a crazy month and I have some exciting incomings!!

I chose the same but went with a navy knitted tie as have a TF Black version.
  • DKLADKLA Posts: 30MI6 Agent
    Does anybody want to trade their JV jacket size L for my XL? Or want to buy my XL at retail price? My wife keeps telling me the XL is a little too big on me. Mine is still new with tags on - I've only tried it on in the house. Thanks
  • hthomashthomas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 833MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    kadd wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:

Cheers mate!

Cool! Looking forward to it!

UPDATE: just logged into Sinclair and my order has shipped :D Been a crazy month and I have some exciting incomings!!

I chose the same but went with a navy knitted tie as have a TF Black version.

Dumb question. Wasn't the tie from GF navy or was it black? I feel ashamed for not knowing this hahaha
    instagram.com/dressinglikebond
  • 006G006G Posts: 26MI6 Agent
    image.jpg

Looks like the Morocco Jacket is from Matchless. Probably out around fall time!
  • hthomashthomas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 833MI6 Agent
    006G wrote:
    image.jpg

They commented and said October!
    instagram.com/dressinglikebond
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    HA! They used my edited picture....well, good news.
  • OsirisOsiris Russia with love Posts: 93MI6 Agent
    So where did you get the picture from?
    The jacket looks great

hthomas wrote:
    006G wrote:
    image.jpg

They commented and said October!
    By the way' the name is "James St. John smythe" I'm English
  • alphaagentalphaagent Posts: 433MI6 Agent
    Personally dissapointed in the clothing so far from spectre, it is really lacking the iconic pieces skyfall had. Let us hope for better to come, because so far it is looking bland.
  • Lee JohnLee John Beautiful British Columbia Posts: 90MI6 Agent
    alphaagent wrote:
    Personally dissapointed in the clothing so far from spectre, it is really lacking the iconic pieces skyfall had. Let us hope for better to come, because so far it is looking bland.

I couldn't agree more with you. Skyfall had some truly iconic outfits. I have not been wowed yet by a Spectre outfit. I'm not giving up hope though.
  • HatThrowingHenchmanHatThrowingHenchman Russia With LovePosts: 1,834MI6 Agent
    Lee John wrote:
    alphaagent wrote:

I couldn't agree more with you. Skyfall had some truly iconic outfits. I have not been wowed yet by a Spectre outfit. I'm not giving up hope though.

like what?
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    I'd say the black three-piece suit in Spectre promises to be quite iconic. Maybe the polo neck with the holster could be iconic, but David McCallum and later Steve McQueen and Roger Moore have already made that look iconic.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • SkippySkippy Posts: 446MI6 Agent
    I tend to use DC's Bond wardrobe for inspiration rather than a need to get all of the exact items worn. So I have suede chukka boots that I wear, but whilst I want good quality they don't have to be C&J or Sanders, etc. And the TF QoS Harrington made me go out and get a Baracuta G9, which is a iconic piece of clothing in its own right, mainly due to the McQueen connection.

So SPECTRE is already providing some inspiration. I'm keen to find out what boots DC is wearing in the Tangier scenes and am really pleased with the introduction to John Varvatos as a brand.

But I can't get excited about say the Austria outfit or the Matchless jacket, especially given their price point and the way they seem to be emulating the crappy Belstaff movie jacket tie-ins marketing approach (see their Terminator and Avengers stuff).

So if I was going to go for a sandy coloured Tangier style jacket I would now probably look for something similar in suede by JV, as they seem to do a good product at a reasonable price.
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,329MI6 Agent
    Osiris wrote:
    So where did you get the picture from?

We posted them in here a while back. The shot of Craig is a screencap I took of the crew member's deleted Instagram. The product shot of the jacket is from a German website.

The Skyfall outfits only became "iconic" once they were contextualized in the film. We'll have to wait and see what kind of badassery is committed by Craig in these various outfits.