(Spoilers for NTTD) Shakespeare's Bond: Work area (All welcome!)

Comments

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,812MI6 Agent
    The admiral should be enjoying it so much he doesn't particularily mind getting killed :D
    The admiral manages to grad a knife or sword while Onatopp is strangling him. He looks at it, says "nah" (in ye olde English) and throws it away.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    We could have Onatopp steal the winged chariot by herself desguised as the Admiral/Ambassador ?
    As you could have a few sailors saying something like " He must be the most attractive Admiral in
    The fleet "
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    The admiral's line when throwing away his sword could be: "Nah, t'is not worth it."
    "Xenia, I can't breath !"
    "Would you like me to stop ?"
    " Well, I wouldn't go that far " ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    :))

A play on the rank Rear Admiral might be..... slipped in, but I don't know how :v
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,384Chief of Staff
    Action speak louder than words. I think the admiral should say: "T'is not worth it." or. "What the hell." and just throw his sword away.
    He does now!
    A farwell to arms...

What's the next scene?
    See http://www.ajb007.co.uk/post/867481/#p867481

Not included (unless we write them now)- banter between Natalya & Boris, Ouromov steals the Gilded Eye, Natalya escapes.
    For any members reading this- it isn't a closed shop, if anyone has any ideas for witty lines etc feel free to post them here. The "Gilded Eye" has contributions from Thunderpussy, Number 24, Charmed & Dangerous, Thunderbird2, and myself.
    What would the banter be? They didn't even have smartphones back then.
    Perhaps they are scribes in a monastry, writing secret royal letters. Boris makes Natalya try to guess what his saucy illuminations show?
    Yes, Please anyone who wants to add a joke or an idea please feel free to join in
    ( we need all the help we can get ) {[]
    As Barbel has said, This is not a private thread, :)
    I'll third that. I kept away from this thread for a long time. After I joined I've had so much fun! Throw in a joke, a line or an idea. Perhaps I'll work, perhaps not. It's all good fun anyway.
    edited February 2017
    On the Admiral showing Xenia round his ship, he could show her the storage section.
    Joining in the Dancing with the Irish imirgrants, with Xenia holding his arms out on the
    Bow of the ship with the Admiral saying " I'm the Admiral of the World !"
    then letting Xenia sketch him " like those other admirals" before
    Entering the bed cabin.

Act 2, Scene 3. A boudoir on a boat.
    Admiral: Xenia, thou art squeezing me too hard!
    Countess Onatopp: Mayhap from the rear, Admiral?
    Admiral: ...er, nay, but I cannot breathe!
    Countess Onatopp: Thou desirest that I stop, then? I have brought thy favourites.
    The warm custard, the cabin boy uniform and the rolled up copy of the Norfolk
    Pig fanciers gazette !
    Admiral: I wouldn’t go that far... (She squeezes ye Admiral even harder. He doth reach for his sword.) Oh, what the hell! (Throws his sword away and dies happy.)

(Later, at a port, enter Countess Onatopp in ye Admiral’s uniform.)
    Countess Onatopp: I hath come to view thy new winged chariot.
    1st Sentry: As thou wish, Admiral. First I must check your description on our chart
    Countess Onatopp: Be quick about it !
    1st Sentry: thin, fine womanly curves, fine bosom, pouting full lips, smooth skin, sparkling
    Brown eyes, long luscious dark hair, and fantastic legs and arse ! ............ Oh, also a short
    Ginger beard..... Aye, All is in order !
    (Exit Countess Onatopp.)
    2nd Sentry: Either I hath been at sea too long, or ye Admirals become more attractive. He looks
    Like a pin up from the navy's Admiral of the month calendar, who's Intrests are fashion, pipe smoking
    And some rough shag. ( Stopped by first sentry in mid speech )
    1st Sentry: ‘Tis true, I hath ne’er seen... Cry hold, come back with that chariot! Come back
    On the Admiral showing Xenia round his ship, he could show her the storage section.
    Joining in the Dancing with the Irish imirgrants, with Xenia holding his arms out on the
    Bow of the ship with the Admiral saying " I'm the Admiral of the World !"
    then letting Xenia sketch him " like those other admirals" before

Very big ideas, TP, one might almost say titanic ideas. I'll fit them in early tomorrow!

N24 brings up a good point- how can we fit in what Boris and Natalya are working on? What exactly is Ye Gilded Eye? This is why it's missed out from the earlier version! If we can't come up with an appropriate idea then we have to duck it again.
    Is Goldeneye some substance or bookworm that eats parchment? One can get some jokes out of the word "bookworm". Release the worm on the British Isles and English culture will sink back into barbarianism. Scotland will probably not be impacted by the loss of all writing.....
    Sir Alex's debts and badly written poems will also disapear.
    :)) :)) :))

I like it!
    edited February 2017
    Natalya is a bookworm. This is ripe for misunderstandings :D

England would collapse without the written word, Wales an Irland wouldn't notice and Scotland would thrive.
    How can the current boat refugee crisis be commented on in a funny way?
    “Good Morning New York Town”. :)) I do hope the ship's band survives this trip. ;)
    Oh, they'll appear again singing some location-specific song!
    Number24 wrote:
    How can the current boat refugee crisis be commented on in a funny way?
    It can't, I think- best to leave it out.
    edited February 2017
    I agree, best in my opinion to keep off real situations, and just keep it silly. -{
    Speaking of silly, ... Instead of manticore, might the admiral's ship be
    " BoatyMcBoatyFace" ;)
    Yes, it has to be silly. I was just thinking in the context of Irish immigranter going by sea. Perhaps some comment about walls in the New World? If you don't like it, just leave it out.
    Could do an Irish joke ( it's not racist, if I do it ) :D about travelling to the new exciting world of .....
    The outer Hebrides ! All the tales of the bright lights, night life and how the streets are paved with gold.
    Only to find d out the streets are paved with Cod, from the fish mines there.
    Best to leave it. Do we want to do a scene with Boris & Natalya working on
    Number24 wrote:
    ... some substance or bookworm that eats parchment? One can get some jokes out of the word "bookworm". Release the worm on the British Isles and English culture will sink back into barbarianism. Scotland will probably not be impacted by the loss of all writing.....
    Sir Alex's debts and badly written poems will also disappear.

...since this sets up Alex's motive? Ouromov & Onatopp steal Ye Gilded Eye (arriving in the winged chariot she stole earlier), which is the name given to the parchment-eating bookworm?
    :))