(Spoilers for NTTD) Shakespeare's Bond: Work area (All welcome!)

Comments

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,490Chief of Staff
    {[] {[] {[]

Very impressive! (And welcome aboard)
    The form here is that we all come up with suggestions for each other's work, add in jokes, etc, and then I assemble the whole thing and post it in the http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/47380/ajb-presents-william-shakespeares-james-bond-in/ thread. So feel free to look at previous posts and suggest changes, additions, etc, and we'll do the same with yours. (I often work on the "thees" and "thous", for example, while TP will look for opportunities to throw in double-entendres.)
  • heartbroken_mr_draxheartbroken_mr_drax New Zealand Posts: 2,073MI6 Agent
    {[] cheers, I did quite a bit of reading of this to make sure that mine followed the format as I've been wanting to contribute.

I think the next piece is getting rid of the Russian Wench somehow...
    1. TWINE 2. FYEO 3. MR 4. TLD 5. TSWLM 6. OHMSS 7. DN 8. OP 9. AVTAK 10. TMWTGG 11. QoS 12. GE 13. CR 14. TB 15. FRWL 16. TND 17. LTK 18. GF 19. SF 20. LaLD 21. YOLT 22. NTTD 23. DAD 24. DAF. 25. SP

"Better make that two."
    We have to get rid of her before Sir James meets up with Natalya again, and both are captured by Sir Alexander. Baron Ouromov has to be killed, Sir Alex and Onatopp get away... to Cuba?
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Could the train be a canal boat ? Used to transport
    Large cargos ( sort of ye olde train ) with Bond jumping
    From the sleigh ?
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,839MI6 Agent
    Good idea! Although the Russians used poor people to pull the boat....
    :)) I don't think we can ever be accused of being historically accurate.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    True, but history can inspire good jokes. I think the chanal boat idea was great, and I think serfs puling the boat by rope from the store can help the story.
    Good, but I wish we could find a joke/sarkastic comment about/from the serfs to make it funny. As TP pointed out, our main goal is to be funny rater than historically correct.
    Feel free to add, change, continue, etc!
    I like it. But I don't think there should be a comma in the sentence "Not a problem I've had before."
    Don't you think it's adorable when people point out things like that? :)
    I'll sort that out later.
    Yes, I learn so much. Not about punctuation, but about people. :p ;)
    edited March 2017
    When the barge crashes, one of the serfs says: "I suggest a spontanous union strike!" before they run off.
    edited March 2017
    One could say something that this is not part of the job and they'd be complaining to the Shop Steward.
    For the "Union of Navigable Interior Canals ". My Grandfather was a UNIC, my father was a UNIC and
    I'm a UNIC ! ( pronounced Eunuch obviously )
    Whippings, physical and verbal abuse, hardly any food and slavery were all in the work agreement. But sleighs in the canal and action scenes on the barge were not mentioned. I suggest a strike!
    One could say something that this is not part of the job and they'd be complaining to the Shop Steward.
    For the "Union Network International of Canal Staff". My Grandfather was a UNIC, my father was a UNIC and
    I'm a UNIC !

Trade Union of International Canal Staff - TUNIC
    edited March 2017
    The sleigh could crash-land on a visiting fisherman in green waders ?
    For a future adventure, .......
    Bond finds a cockroach, then a ladybird and a beetle, telling those present to
    Be careful as the room is full of bugs.
    Your above conversations are funny enough that they could be collated into the two serfs talking about striking?

Also, just trying to recall my Shakespeare learnings - do Serf's or lower level characters speak in such verbose language or do they take on a simplified form of cockneyish?

(The barge has crashed into the mighty sleigh, which surprisingly Sir James' repairs have held it together, but tangling the barge even more)
    Serf 1: Gah! Thine tolerate regular whippings, thy physical, thy v'rbal berattle, scarcely scrub - but nay sleighs!
    Serf 2: Aye! I'ne n'er the temperance as a UNIC!
    Serf 1: Aye fellow serf, thy too am lacking in balls!
    Serf 2: Strike!
    (The serfs somehow pull out ready-made placards made of thick parchment hoisted on a group of reeds and tied immaculately with some sort of hemp rope. Serf 1's sign states "BARGE THEE, BARGE THINE, NON THY BUDGE!", Serf 2's sign "CANAL IN THEE ROOTED")
    Fisherman (soaked, muttering): Thy advertised fishing tUNIC not waterproof! Shall returneth to yond h'rrid seamstress!
    1. TWINE 2. FYEO 3. MR 4. TLD 5. TSWLM 6. OHMSS 7. DN 8. OP 9. AVTAK 10. TMWTGG 11. QoS 12. GE 13. CR 14. TB 15. FRWL 16. TND 17. LTK 18. GF 19. SF 20. LaLD 21. YOLT 22. NTTD 23. DAD 24. DAF. 25. SP

"Better make that two."
    Sorry for rambling but in LTK when Felix mentions going fishing ....

Felix: perhaps soon we can be going fishing ?
    Sir James: aye, some sea fishing wouldst be most welcome.
    Felix: nay, I hath arranged a camping trip in the mountains for us.
    Your above conversations are funny enough that they could be collated into the two serfs talking about striking?

Also, just trying to recall my Shakespeare learnings - do Serf's or lower level characters speak in such verbose language or do they take on a simplified form of cockneyish?

(The barge has crashed into the mighty sleigh, which surprisingly Sir James' repairs have held it together, but tangling the barge even more)
    Serf 1: Gah! Thine tolerate regular whippings, thy physical, thy v'rbal berattle, scarcely scrub - but nay sleighs!
    Serf 2: Aye! I'ne n'er the temperance as a UNIC!
    Serf 1: Aye fellow serf, thy too am lacking in balls!
    Serf 2: Strike!
    (The serfs somehow pull out ready-made placards made of thick parchment hoisted on a group of reeds and tied immaculately with some sort of hemp rope. Serf 1's sign states "BARGE THEE, BARGE THINE, NON THY BUDGE!", Serf 2's sign "CANAL IN THEE ROOTED")
    Fisherman (soaked, muttering): Thy advertised fishing tUNIC not waterproof! Shall returneth to yond h'rrid seamstress!

There's a lot to like here, but I miss the part were all the mistreatment was OK because it was in the serfs work contact. But the sleigh and the fighting on the barge is unacceptable because it isn't in said contact.
    Number24 wrote:
    but I miss the part were all the mistreatment was OK because it was in the serfs work contact. 

Thinking that it needs to be fleshed out more that they are mistreated or should not be mistreated at all?

"Better make that two."
    Trying to combine all the above...

See http://www.ajb007.co.uk/post/867481/#p867481
    Sorry for rambling but in LTK when Felix mentions going fishing ....

Felix: perhaps soon we can be going fishing ?
    Sir James: aye, some sea fishing wouldst be most welcome.
    Felix: nay, I hath arranged a camping trip in the mountains for us.

Have put it in... with a little extra... :D
    For a future adventure, .......
    Bond finds a cockroach, then a ladybird and a beetle, telling those present to
    Be careful as the room is full of bugs.

Yes! Perhaps in the future... (not now)

A boarding house.
    Sir James: I am he who is called Bond, James Bond. Thou hast chambers for me?
    Manager: But of course, good sir, and thine wife awaits thee there.
    Sir James: ...wife? Er, I thank’ee.
    (Sir James enters ye chambers.)
    Sir James: Hello? Hm, no-one ist here.
    (He checks ye rooms and finds first a cockroach, then a ladybird, then a beetle.)
    Sir James: Careful I must be, this room ist full of bugs.
    (Enter Whisper.)
    Whisper: Thine wine, sir.
    Sir James: I prithee, say again?
    Whisper: Thine wine.
    Sir James: I thank’ee.
    (Exit Whisper.)
    Serf 1's sign states "BARGE THEE, BARGE THINE, NON THY BUDGE!", Serf 2's sign "CANAL IN THEE ROOTED")

I'm not sure the signs work as they are, can we work on these?
    Next bit- since we can't have a dish how about...?

James & Natalya trace Alex to a castle in maybe Ireland. The castle has a moat- when the moat is drained there's a giant catapult which he's going to use to fire the worms to England. Boris is helping him, of course.