Bond still using ppk

13»

Comments

• 007.5007.5 Posts: 30MI6 Agent
    I'm laughing at Higgins joke, but he could skin me just as easily! Thanks for the opinion Paperbill, though I don't think the price tag is too much of a consideration for Bond, rather the more exclusive the better!
    Can't claim any credit for this spot peeps; contrary to previous thoughts, Bond is actually using Walther PPK/S 9mm short in SPECTRE.
    It is confirmed on IMFDB, and boy do they know what they're talking about on there. I for one am glad.
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    edited March 2015
    007.5 wrote:
    Can't claim any credit for this spot peeps; contrary to previous thoughts, Bond is actually using Walther PPK/S 9mm short in SPECTRE.
    It is confirmed on IMFDB, and boy do they know what they're talking about on there. I for one am glad.

Apart from the overwhelming fact that they are 100% wrong. It's a PPK.

The IMFDB is written by anybody that wants too. Many of the Bond listings are wrong. They still have the PPK/S listed in SKYFALL and we all know now that was wrong.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • sniperUKsniperUK UlsterPosts: 594MI6 Agent
    PPK/S stoopid American laws ;)
    Seriously? I thought they had enough contributors to quickly correct any mistakes. As for Skyfall, I must have missed that discussion before I joined. They even said it was a PPK/S in the film! (Mind you, I did notice they also had it firing 9 rounds without reloading!)
    They said it was a PPK in Dr No, but we know it was a PP, Browning and Colt.

I've repeated this ad nauseum on many threads, so forgive me...

IN SKYFALL t was actually a PPK with Signature grip. A completely fabricated 3D printed pistol made from an ULM PPK with modified grips and frame. It couldn't shoot, or be cocked as the grip detailing went into the spring and frame area and would render a real PPK inoperable. Which is why it was only used in a few short scenes. It wasn't a S&W with modded beavertail either. Although it looked similar, it was a fabricated design on a CAD rendered ULM PPK base. The fact they called it a PPK/S had nothing to do with the real life model, it was pure coincidence, amazingly. A pure fantasy pistol dreamed up for Bond.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,610Chief of Staff
    007.5 wrote:
    Seriously? I thought they had enough contributors to quickly correct any mistakes. As for Skyfall, I must have missed that discussion before I joined. They even said it was a PPK/S in the film! (Mind you, I did notice they also had it firing 9 rounds without reloading!)

And when Asp9mm and/or ppw3o6r speak on this subject then it's gospel ! -{

They even know more than Eon :D
    YNWA 97
    Wow! Sorry to have made you repeat yourself, but ta for the info. I assumed they had just stuck a proper grip panel on a blank firing PPK/S. I though they wanted to make a point that he had a bigger mag capacity as well as bigger round with the PPK/S 9mm short. I am currently re-reading For Special Services, and laughing at him packking a HK VP70. What was JG thinking before he hit on your beloved ASP?
    That's OK, I just copied and pasted it :D

If you imagine they made a micro dermal sensor grip for the P99, they would have called it the P99/S. That's what they did with the PPK. Originally, the two switches on each side of the PPK/S's grip were there so the light recognition alert could be taken out and Q's laptop could scan Bond's palm print directly into the pistol via a USB type cable link. In the end, they binned that scene and the work to create the prop as it was deemed too complicated and not viable using the 3D printed gun or real PPK.

IMG_1568_zpsiul9b3yc.jpg

The VP70 was a vast improvement on the Browning 1903 :s Gardner gained credibility with me when he chose the H&K P7. Heavy, but a damned fine pistola.
  • ggl007ggl007 SpainPosts: 388MI6 Agent
    Amazing work here! Congratulations and thanks, Asp9mm!
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,992Quartermasters
    Personally, I'm delighted that the PPK is still around - love the tradition :007)
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
    Aha, I see what you mean. Bit of a misnomer given that there IS a Walther PPK/S. Nice photos ASP.
  • SFPROPSSFPROPS USAPosts: 380MI6 Agent
    edited March 2015
    Nevermind.
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Fascinating stuff! -{
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."