Tom Ford Spectre Clothing Announcement and Discussion (SPOILERS)

Comments

• chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,155MI6 Agent
    love the colour , very bond -{
    a bit CR esq
    007 reporting for duty
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    I know a lot of people have cited that they feel the banded polo shirt will look strange, but they really look pretty cool in a vintage-y sort of way...the below pictures are CRAP but they show the same cut (with banded bottom) and mid bicep cut of the TF shirt coming out...obviously the one coming out will be minus the buttons. I think people are a bit worried that the banded bottom will be very obvious but as the fabric will be thin it wont stand out as a major distraction:

banded_shirt_074.jpg

banded_shirt_077.jpg
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,155MI6 Agent
    Thanks david as always the voice of calm
    love that look so if the Moroccan one issimilar too that , im happy :007)
    The Mantis wrote:
    I know a lot of people have cited that they feel the banded polo shirt will look strange, but they really look pretty cool in a vintage-y sort of way...the below pictures are CRAP but they show the same cut (with banded bottom) and mid bicep cut of the TF shirt coming out...obviously the one coming out will be minus the buttons. I think people are a bit worried that the banded bottom will be very obvious but as the fabric will be thin it wont stand out as a major distraction:

banded_shirt_074.jpg

banded_shirt_077.jpg
    007 reporting for duty
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Anybody heard from TF recently regarding the London Trousers (believe it was referred as maybe part of a suit)

There is also a similar trouser pattern of course in the 2015 A/W collection that has also been discussed previously
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • mudz112mudz112 London, United KingdomPosts: 130MI6 Agent
    Anymore Tom Ford items confirmed after the trailer?
    edited July 2015
    I don't think so! Think only the blue NPEAL sweater under the TF Blouson came to light.

I think the only thing we are waiting on with TF is the London trousers (still no code or 100% confirmation) and poss the Morocco trousers.

And of course sunglasses which is hot topic on the other thread
  • DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent
    edited May 2018
    I've attempted to put together a quick visual list of the TF suits (and ties, and coats) that appear in Spectre. I've based this list on the latest Trailer as well as the plethora of on-set photos that have appeared since filming began. I think I've correctly matched up the pics, but please let me know if something looks off. The trickiest are the London suits as I think there are at least 2, maybe a 3rd that we haven't seen yet?

#1 PTS Mexico Suit - O'Connor Suit - Navy Prince of Wales-check with blue windowpane (TF #214A4C 632R49), white shirt (TF # TBD), Blue tie (Tie #TFJB01-D), white pocket square - 40cm x 40cm (TF # TF312)

1_Spectre%20PTS%20Suit.jpg

#2 London Q Lab Suit - O'Connor Suit - Grey herringbone track-stripe (TF #214A4C 616R75), blue shirt - slim fit, classic collar, french cuffs (TF # 94BJRF), Navy tie (Tie #TFJB01-B), & blue pocket square (TF # TBD); Chesterfield coat - herringbone with velvet collar, Mulberry Men’s Day Gloves in Black Deerskin

2_Spectre%20Q%20Lab%20Suit_1r.jpg

#3 London Whitehall Suit - Same O'Connor Suit as Q Lab (TF #214A4C 616R75), white shirt (TF # TBD), & Grey tie (Tie #TFJB01-A); also seen with the Chesterfield coat (herringbone with velvet collar)

3_Spectre%20London%20Whitehall%20Suit_r.jpg

#4 Rome Suit - 3-piece Suit - Black herringbone (TF # TBD), white shirt - slim fit, classic collar w/ metal bar, "Dr. No" cuffs (TF #94DJJA-6FT000), Black on Black tie (Tie # TFJB02-A), white pocket square - 40cm x 40cm (TF # TF312), black double-breasted coat, black gloves #2

4_Spectre%20Rome%20Suit_r.jpg

#5 Train Dinner Suit - Windsor dinner jacket in Ivory (TF #114N40 616R75) with black trousers (TF # TBD), white evening shirt (TF # TBD), & black bow tie (TF Tie # TBD)

5_Spectre%20Train%20Tuxedo_r.jpg

#6 Blofeld's Lair Suit - O'Connor Suit - Navy sharkskin - silk/cashmere/moleskin (TF #414Z40 616R83), white shirt (TF # TBD), & Ink tie (Tie # TFJB01-C)

6_Spectre%20Suit%20TBD_r.jpg

#7 Finale (Return to Q Lab) Suit - O'Connor Suit - Dark Grey small check (TF #314A4C 616R12), shirt (TBD), Thomas Pink Alston plain woven black tie

w0pKjXw.jpg

Kind regards,
    Craig
    edited July 2015
    Thanks Craig - thats a great summary!!!!

PS - is that really 3 pairs of black gloves in this film

The Rome ones appear to have a black button that the London boat ones do not appear to have ?? tThen of course the padded / quilted Solden ones.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    More information on Craig's fantastic image compilation:

#1 PTS Mexico Suit: This is a navy prince of wales check with a blue windowpane.

#2 London Q Lab Suit: This is a grey herringbone track stripe.

#3 London Whitehall Suit: The same suit as #2, just worn with a different shirt and tie.

#4 Rome suit: Black herringbone

#5 Please don't call it a Tuxedo. James Bond isn't American and doesn't wear Tuxedos! It's an ivory dinner jacket with black trousers.

#6 Navy sharkskin suit

Definitely the best selection of suits of any of Craig's Bond films.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    Matt S wrote:

#3 London Whitehall Suit: The same suit as #2, just worn with a different shirt and tie.

Are you sure??? Look so different!
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Matt S wrote:

They look different when you compare the indoor and outdoor shots. Compare just the outdoor shots and you'll see they are the same shade of grey. Both have closely spaced stripes. The stripes are visible on the suit with the white shirt here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3103708/Bond-director-Sam-Mendes-gives-Daniel-Craig-celebratory-pat-007-star-takes-break-filming.html
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent
    edited July 2015
    Wow, such a good idea. Thanks for the summary Craig!

Matt any more info on the navy sharkskin?
  • mudz112mudz112 London, United KingdomPosts: 130MI6 Agent
    That's fantastic. Many thanks Craig :)
    Matt S wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Matt S wrote:

They look different when you compare the indoor and outdoor shots. Compare just the outdoor shots and you'll see they are the same shade of grey. Both have closely spaced stripes. The stripes are visible on the suit with the white shirt here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3103708/Bond-director-Sam-Mendes-gives-Daniel-Craig-celebratory-pat-007-star-takes-break-filming.html

Ah yes I see what you mean!!
    edited July 2015
    Thanks for the compliments, guys. And thanks for the additional info, Matt! I knew I could count on you to fill in the blanks. I've made the amendments to my initial post, including the tuxedo note. :007) However, TF is a US-based company, so it's very possible they have "tuxedo" listed in their Lookbook, unless the suit is being sold as separates, in which case I could see "ivory dinner jacket," etc. Just don't make me refer to Bond's bathrobe as a dressing gown. I just can't swallow that one despite the lineage of the term. It seems more fitting to "Downton Abbey" not Bond in the 21st century. :)) ;)

Kind regards,
    Craig
  • mglover92mglover92 Posts: 38MI6 Agent
    I just wanted people to know i plan on finding the Blue wool jacket tonight from the trailer...im the same dude who found the tom ford trousers in the photo and the closest thing to it. I plan on searching all night. Will post when i find it. I use to go around every night and search for exact shirts, jeans that celebs wore, i love doing it.
    May the force be with you. Ive searched everywhere and come to the conclusion its either not out yet or custom. Ive found something very close but it was discontinued a few years ago.

Hope you prove me wrong!!!!
    DBS wrote:
    It's very possible they have "tuxedo" listed in their Lookbook, unless the suit is being sold as separates, in which case I could see "ivory dinner jacket,"

I did wonder myself if the ivory dinner jacket is sold as a seperate item
    The "Mr. White jacket," as many have been calling it, could very well be a Neil Barrett piece. There was a single tweet, or post, or something, from Neil Barrett PR a few months back that mentioned James Bond in one of their jackets in Spectre. Since the Matchless is now ID'd as the maker of the Moroccan jacket, it's likely that this jacket could be from NB. There's a harrington in their current collection that has a similar vibe to it (dark navy, clean lines, minimal), but there aren't enough pics to see if it has the same details as we've seen in the Mr. White jacket. There's nothing in their upcoming F/W 2015 preview that looks like it either. But it could be a special release piece, tied into the release of the film, much like what Matchless does.

It's been mentioned here a few times that that TF confirmed it's not from them, so we should keep discussion of that particular jacket on the Spectre Wardrobe (from filming) thread, as this one is just for TF-related pieces.

Kind regards,
    Craig
  • hthomashthomas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 833MI6 Agent
    Thanks Craig for that great summary!
    instagram.com/dressinglikebond
  • kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent
    mglover92 wrote:
    I just wanted people to know i plan on finding the Blue wool jacket tonight from the trailer...im the same dude who found the tom ford trousers in the photo and the closest thing to it. I plan on searching all night. Will post when i find it. I use to go around every night and search for exact shirts, jeans that celebs wore, i love doing it.

Good luck with your search!

Regarding the poster trousers, they've not been identified yet I thought? I'm sure I've read here that they are a similar style to Tom Ford with the frogmouth pockets but nothing confirmed.
    Has anybody got the codes for the SPECTRE suits?
  • 006006 Posts: 258MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:

Hope this assists:

114N40 616R75 - Cream gross grain Windsor Dinner Jacket
    214A4C 632R49 - Blue windowpane O'Connor suit
    214A4C 616R75 - Grey pinstripe O'Connor suit
    314A4C 616R12 - Dark Grey small check O'Connor suit
    414Z40 616R83 - Navy silk cashmere moleskin O'Connor suit

The info comes from a reliable source, and I believe correlates with the TF buy book
    For England James?

Instagram: instagram.com/tie_another_day
    006 wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:

Hope this assists:

114N40 616R75 - Cream gross grain Windsor Dinner Jacket
    214A4C 632R49 - Blue windowpane O'Connor suit
    214A4C 616R75 - Grey pinstripe O'Connor suit
    314A4C 616R12 - Dark Grey small check O'Connor suit
    414Z40 616R83 - Navy silk cashmere moleskin O'Connor suit

The info comes from a reliable source, and I believe correlates with the TF buy book

Many thanks!! {[]
  • SenorJon21SenorJon21 Posts: 68MI6 Agent
    If possible, would anybody be willing to share the codes for the ties? Will try to do some searching for them :D
    The tie codes are listed in my post #338 on Page 14 with the various suits. I'm going to update it with the suit codes from 006's post above.

FYI, the ties aren't available until October-ish, along with the other TF Spectre items, so your search will be fruitless for the time being.

Kind regards,
    Craig
    Tom Ford London gave me this code for the evening shirt:

94DJJA-6FT000 Evening Shirt
    Thanks for that additional bit of info! I've updated my previous post #338 as I'd love to consolidate all of the TF style numbers and suit details/fabrics to the one post as a "one-stop shop" for all the TF info.

Please look it over and let me know your thoughts. The style numbers/TF codes that 006 posted raise a few questions about which suit is which, and if we still haven't seen one of them yet - the Dark Grey small check O'Connor suit.

Kind regards,
    Craig
    Hi Craig

Appears the code 94DJJA 6FT000 is actually the white shirt with the tie bar / cocktail cuffs from the funeral

Sorry for my mistake
    Thanks, Paul! Update complete.

Kind regards,
    Craig