Tom Ford Spectre Clothing Announcement and Discussion (SPOILERS)

Comments

• welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    This is what TF London told me, though I expect maybe its early Oct
    We are going to receive probably by the end of October or beginning of November
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,155MI6 Agent
    thanks welshie , as always bang on time :007)
    007 reporting for duty
  • mallory5mallory5 Posts: 74MI6 Agent
    have just got this from Harrods: new Tom Ford range: monk strap shoes and boots?
    Any news from those in the know?
    Hes wearing CJ footwear
  • Alex EdwardAlex Edward Posts: 36MI6 Agent
    hthomas wrote:
    We see the TF tux shirt in the new TV spot.

There was just few of glimpse of white tuxedo during a fighting between him and Hinx, but his tuxedo looks absolutely dapper in the second official poster
    Guys another Tom Ford conundrum , the Morocco images show bond wearing what looks like a black polo and Remmy from jamesbondlifestyle also reckons that , its on his site.
    However TF London has checked my order and said the SA clothing list their have is navy , grey and light blue only.
    They say its probably the navy one in the stills.
    Here we go again :s
    007 reporting for duty
    It will be dark Navy. Those Morocco images are really crap and not official stills

Remmert had it down as a black shirt last time I looked also!!!!
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Guys another Tom Ford conundrum , the Morocco images show bond wearing what looks like a black polo and Remmy from jamesbondlifestyle also reckons that , its on his site.
    However TF London has checked my order and said the SA clothing list their have is navy , grey and light blue only.

There's only one image of Daniel Craig in the polo shirt, right? I don't think it's fair to jump to conclusions from one poorly lit image.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    Matt S wrote:
    There's only one image of Daniel Craig in the polo shirt, right? I don't think it's fair to jump to conclusions from one poorly lit image.

Yeah this one by a reporter or something (well its not the best whoever leaked it) Looks like a tinge of blue to my eyes anyhow.

morocco-Craig-Large_1200_1800_81_s.jpg
    Your right but why all the secrecy especially as TF made me pay up front before even seeing or confirming.
    Just doesn't fill you with confidence , TF supposed to be the pillar of style , professionalism and the ultimate in mens fashion.
    Matt S wrote:

007 reporting for duty
    Your right but why all the secrecy especially as TF made me pay up front before even seeing or confirming.
    Just doesn't fill you with confidence , TF supposed to be the pillar of style , professionalism and the ultimate in mens fashion.
    Matt S wrote:

I don't think there's anyone who works at the Tom Ford stores who can truly confirm anything because they're not provided with that knowledge. It's just such a long distance between the stores and the people who worked on Spectre. Tom Ford shops don't have the priority of catering to Bond fans, but they do the best they can. And keep in mind that none of the suits in the buy book are 100% screen accurate.
    okay cheers matt , I'll bare that in mind and chill out
    007 reporting for duty
    edited September 2015
    I think its simply because they have not got them yet and they have nothing to do with the film production so they have no idea what clothes they provide eventually gets used. E.g. production might have received all 3 colour polo shirts but TF won't know which colour was used.

Also TF has not really offered it officially on sale so to speak yet. Believe it was more of a case of Mantis using his inside contacts and getting the info miles ahead of schedule and then us badgering TF stores in advance for pre-order.

We could wait until they have the item in stock before paying but of course cannot be a guarantee they will have any left. I would say its unlikely a lot of the stuff will even hit a shelf.

Not ideal I know but on the other hand (and its sounds crazy at the silly prices) but if you want a TF item then we are lucky to be able to pre-order to get something as TF does not mass produce the more unique items! E.g. try getting a QoS style TF Harrington, believe back in the day it was crazy getting one

Have you asked if any pics yet - maybe they now have some??

EDIT: Matt beat me to it
    That's a fair response I'll guess I'm twitchy as I haven't done this before and its not the price of standard retail outlets.
    I know once I pick up my order I'll be smiling and very lucky , just not used to this process but I must admit TF London has responded to all my emails and are very customer focused.
    Can't complain in their customer service.
    007 reporting for duty
    That's a fair response I'll guess I'm twitchy as I haven't done this before and its not the price of standard retail outlets.
    I know once I pick up my order I'll be smiling and very lucky , just not used to this process but I must admit TF London has responded to all my emails and are very customer focused.
    Can't complain in their customer service.

Yeah I know what you mean - it really is a different experience and not like the usual retail outlet!!!

Prob fair to say 3 people shop at Tom Ford

Celebs / millionaires and Bond fans :))
  • alphaagentalphaagent Posts: 433MI6 Agent
    I think the prices are beyond reasonable, beyond sensible and beyond explanation. The kingsman collection was of ipan incredibly high standard, quality and finnish whilst the prices were high they were valid. Tom Ford is a rip off, almost 3000.00 for a white tux jacket? Please
    alphaagent wrote:
    I think the prices are beyond reasonable, beyond sensible and beyond explanation. The kingsman collection was of ipan incredibly high standard, quality and finnish whilst the prices were high they were valid. Tom Ford is a rip off, almost 3000.00 for a white tux jacket? Please

Having examined Tom Ford suits in person (though never owned one) I can understand the price. The quality and construction is the highest and unlike anything else. The price is on the level of Savile Row tailors, but Tom Ford suits have better workmanship. The suitings Ford uses are very luxurious. The dinner jacket is a bit more than half silk, and good silk is very expensive. You are, of course, also paying for a big designer name and advertising, but the quality and make couldn't be any better. I haven't seen the Kingsman suits in person, but owning other suits that came from the same factory, I don't think they would make the suits the same way that Tom Ford has his suits made.
  • Gordon009Gordon009 USAPosts: 37MI6 Agent
    Is there a master list of TF products/prices someone could DM me? Also, TF just opened a store here in Miami last week, is it a good strategy to wait and see what appears in store? Should I go to the store and attempt to pre order? Honestly, stores like Tom Ford are a little intimidating to me, as until a year or so ago, I probably couldn't afford much of what was inside. :))

I would appreciate any info. Also, thanks to all the guys that obtain and share info. Because of them I was able to get in on the JV and the Matchless so far.
    "Why should I need more time? Jobs done. The bitch is dead."
  • alphaagentalphaagent Posts: 433MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    alphaagent wrote:

Having examined Tom Ford suits in person (though never owned one) I can understand the price. The quality and construction is the highest and unlike anything else. The price is on the level of Savile Row tailors, but Tom Ford suits have better workmanship. The suitings Ford uses are very luxurious. The dinner jacket is a bit more than half silk, and good silk is very expensive. You are, of course, also paying for a big designer name and advertising, but the quality and make couldn't be any better. I haven't seen the Kingsman suits in person, but owning other suits that came from the same factory, I don't think they would make the suits the same way that Tom Ford has his suits made.

Matt Tom Ford has his suits made in the same Place Armani, Gucci, Dolce &Gabbanna and the rest make them, which is 2 hours from where I live. The quality and construction of a Giorgio Armani tux is impeccable as is the same with the earlier Dolce & Gabbanna suits. I have a vast collection and can tell you that unless The TF tux is stiched with gold thread and made with silk from Daniel Craigs personal silkworm collection, you are fooling yourself that a Jacket could be worth 3000.00! I bought almost the entire kingsman collection the blazers, the double breasted suits even the siren suit all after buying just the blue velvet tux jacket which is unbelivable in cut, quality and construction but above all warranted the price. just to show you that I know what I am talking about this is my wardrobe.
    image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    @ Al

what is in your opinion the best

1. suitmaker
    2. maker of tuxedos

in price/quality ratio?

Thanks! {[]
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • HoldenHolden UKPosts: 664MI6 Agent
    I think you need a bigger wardrobe.
    alphaagent wrote:
    Matt S wrote:
    alphaagent wrote:

Matt Tom Ford has his suits made in the same Place Armani, Gucci, Dolce &Gabbanna and the rest make them, which is 2 hours from where I live. The quality and construction of a Giorgio Armani tux is impeccable as is the same with the earlier Dolce & Gabbanna suits. I have a vast collection and can tell you that unless The TF tux is stiched with gold thread and made with silk from Daniel Craigs personal silkworm collection, you are fooling yourself that a Jacket could be worth 3000.00! I bought almost the entire kingsman collection the blazers, the double breasted suits even the siren suit all after buying just the blue velvet tux jacket which is unbelivable in cut, quality and construction but above all warranted the price. just to show you that I know what I am talking about this is my wardrobe.
    image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

You have an exquisite collection! I have seen all of these clothes in person. The only thing I own from the same Swiss factory Tom Ford clothes are made in is a Zegna blazer. The blazer is fantastic quality, but it's still not made like a Tom Ford suit. The extra work put into Tom Ford suits may be unnecessary, but the make is still above all the other suits you mention. It's all the handwork and the inner canvas that shapes the Tom Ford suits that nobody else has. It's a different product than anything else made in the same Zegna factory in Switzerland. It has just as much work and shaping as the highest quality suits on Savile Row, but the handwork is far better. I'd rather put the £3000 into a bespoke jacket (which is most definitely justified) because the fit and customisation is more important to me, so paying £3000 for a ready-to-wear jacket doesn't make sense to me. But you're completely wrong if you think Giorgio Armani, Dolce & Gabbanna and Cheshire Bespoke are on the same level as what Tom Ford sells. It's up to you whether to think the extra cost is justified, but there is certainly reason for it.
  • Awilliams007Awilliams007 Posts: 332MI6 Agent
    Could someone please provide me with the item codes for the tom ford polo and the front blouson please?
    Will do when I get home
  • DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent
    I can help you out with this one, Awilliams. The Nylon Front Blouson is TF code #TFK157, and the Rayon Piquet Polo is code #TFKC32. Hope this helps!

Kind regards,
    Craig
    Just received word from my TF contact that the Bond Collection should be arriving any day now in the boutiques. I don't know if this means that the pieces will immediately be put on the shelves for sale, but for those who have pre-ordered from the collection, I expect that we should be getting shipping notifications very shortly.

Kind regards,
    Craig
    Great news!!!! Better make sure the other half is out when it arrives {[]
  • ih8dumpplih8dumppl Posts: 33MI6 Agent
    Hey all, I'm really late to the game but can anyone PM me details on the Solden Tom Ford jacket, the nylon front blouson, mainly the price, if it's still possible to preorder anywhere and if so, a contact? Appreciate any help. Thank you.
  • Gordon009Gordon009 USAPosts: 37MI6 Agent
    Stopped by the TF boutique in Miami today. They said the Spectre items should be in within a week. Does anyone have the product codes for the ties that were used?
    "Why should I need more time? Jobs done. The bitch is dead."
    Gordon009 wrote:
    Stopped by the TF boutique in Miami today. They said the Spectre items should be in within a week. Does anyone have the product codes for the ties that were used?

For the neck ties, here's the info -

TFJB01-A (Grey tie)
    TFJB01-B (Navy tie)
    TFJB01-C (Ink tie)
    TFJB01-D (Blue tie)
    TFJB02-A (Black on Black tie)

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,
    Craig