Tom Ford Spectre Clothing Announcement and Discussion (SPOILERS)

Comments

• hthomashthomas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 833MI6 Agent
    Those shoes do seem to have big soles like Sanders
    instagram.com/dressinglikebond
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    Osiris wrote:
    I have checked the matchless site and can't find this jacket
    On there?
    Anyone have anymore details of this jacket?

Octoberish more details acccording to Matchless
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    SenorJon21 wrote:
    Hate to bring it up again, but anybody get a reply from John? Would really like to get in on this round of TF items

I finally did last Friday after two weeks silence but had to decline as went thru London inbetween
  • OsirisOsiris Russia with love Posts: 93MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Osiris wrote:
    I have checked the matchless site and can't find this jacket
    On there?
    Anyone have anymore details of this jacket?

Octoberish more details acccording to Matchless

Ok thanks
    By the way' the name is "James St. John smythe" I'm English
  • MrEddy21MrEddy21 LondonPosts: 416MI6 Agent
    SenorJon21 wrote:
    Hate to bring it up again, but anybody get a reply from John? Would really like to get in on this round of TF items

Due to radio silence I too placed my order direct with London store. Dario and Neto were very helpful
  • Awilliams007Awilliams007 Posts: 332MI6 Agent
    Well guys I've pushed the button today and ordered my Tom Ford Gear as follows -
    White cocktail cuff shirt
    Light blue polo ( praying DC wears this one in morocco as I've got enough navy )
    1 grey tie and 1 blue tie.

No credit cards accepted over the phone unless you've bought from Tom ford before , so my overdraft has taken a beating :)) hope wifey doesn't find out or I will get another :))

Thanks Ross for the contact , now waiting anxiously 8-) :007)

Did you order the polo through Dario or online?
  • James BrosnanJames Brosnan Posts: 865MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    Glad they went with the navy polo. They must have been copying the outfit from TLD, except these trousers don't have double forward pleats.

Yes sir they did. I think this is a very good update to that outfit. I'm very excited to find out the pants and shoes.
    "Whoever she was, I must have scared the living daylights out of her." & "Tell mother I died game."
    CR/QoS, TLD, DN, GE, TSWLM, LTK, TND, TWiNE, TMWTGG, TB
    http://www.iconicalternatives.com/author/james-brosnan/
    https://www.instagram.com/shawn.michael.bongiorno/
  • DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent
    I'm curious to see closer-up pics from Morocco. From a distance, I really like this outfit. Love the earth tone color combination! But I'm hesitant on that polo. If it looks like the small TF illustration that was (briefly) posted at the start of this thread, then we're in for something like this (but obviously now confirmed to be navy) -

TF%20Polo%201.jpg

I'm not a fan of elastic as a prominent feature on any piece of clothing (apart from my underwear perhaps). Will be very curious to see this outfit up close. I would much rather see DC in a polo like the TF midnight polo from "QoS" (aka the Sunspel knock-off). But I guess they're going for variety, so this is it.

Kind regards,
    Craig
    I've got what i think is 99% the same Tom Ford polo but in sky blue (One of the codes is the same as the one issued by John etc for the SPECTRE one, I think the style code is the same but maybe the material is slightly different)

Here it is to get a better idea

Polo%20.jpg
    Looks about right to me. I didn't think there were buttons on it, like the one I posted. It definitely has a vintage feel to it, like something my Dad wore in the late 70's-early 80's.
    I think it will look pretty cool in Navy.

Hopefully tomorrow we will see the whole outfit better, intrigued if he is wearing chinos, TF trousers or beige jeans ala Sta Prest kind of thing
    Could be TF jeans... Only $690 too. :s
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    The banded bottom on polos is very in this year.
  • hthomashthomas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 833MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    I've got what i think is 99% the same Tom Ford polo but in sky blue (One of the codes is the same as the one issued by John etc for the SPECTRE one, I think the style code is the same but maybe the material is slightly different)

Here it is to get a better idea

Polo%20.jpg

where did you score that? Nice find!
    instagram.com/dressinglikebond
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    The banded bottom on polos is very in this year.

Thankfully the year is more than half over, so hopefully it will pass soon. :D

Maybe it looks better when worn, but the banded bottom polo does nothing for me. I'm with Craig about the prominent elastic.
    edited July 2015
    I could be wrong but I don't think there are any more pics

This just appeared online at 10am France - seems more like info / spoilers in French and the full pic we received yesterday

http://www.commander007.net/2015/07/spectre-pst7/
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent
    The stuff around the train might be new, but yeah, they only had the one shot of Craig I posted here yesterday
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,155MI6 Agent
    through dario and neto on the phone , 100% deposit and if you've never used TF before you can only pay by bank transfer
    unbelievably no credit cards X-(
    now changed my order to navy one now SA pics have emerged ;%
    Well guys I've pushed the button today and ordered my Tom Ford Gear as follows -
    White cocktail cuff shirt
    Light blue polo ( praying DC wears this one in morocco as I've got enough navy )
    1 grey tie and 1 blue tie.

No credit cards accepted over the phone unless you've bought from Tom ford before , so my overdraft has taken a beating :)) hope wifey doesn't find out or I will get another :))

Thanks Ross for the contact , now waiting anxiously 8-) :007)

Did you order the polo through Dario or online?
    007 reporting for duty
    Bit Sceptical on the polo too , hopefully looks better on. Especially at that price.
    Now changed my order to the Navy one instead of light blue , just in time.
    Love the outfit , think we are going to have some fun putting this together :007)
    007 reporting for duty
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    I've seen this kind of polo on girls, and it doesn't look good on them. The elastic hem looks better when it has long sleeves so it's more of a jumper.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    oh thats just perfect , hopefully we are wrong and its nothing like it ;%
    c'ant believe ive spent a tidy penny on a girls jumper ! :007)
    Matt S wrote:
    I've seen this kind of polo on girls, and it doesn't look good on them. The elastic hem looks better when it has long sleeves so it's more of a jumper.
    007 reporting for duty
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    not a fan of the big elastic band either, maybe seeing more pics will change my opinion, I loved the QOS polo though, that fit perfectly.
    I dont think it looks so bad on my pic which I believe is same style as SPECTRE , however on craigs pic of the beige one it looks worse and the whole shirt puffs / blooms out
  • kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent
    John Smedley has polos in this style (with the elastic on the bottom) which is pretty classic. I've tried them on in the past and they weren't for me.

I just found it didn't sit cleanly. But not to say that the TF one won't be different.
    kadd wrote:
    John Smedley has polos in this style (with the elastic on the bottom) which is pretty classic. I've tried them on in the past and they weren't for me.

I just found it didn't sit cleanly. But not to say that the TF one won't be different.

Bizarre - just remembered I have a Smedley like that (have so many polos I forget)

Cant say the waist section ever bothered me
  • k5211k5211 UKPosts: 164MI6 Agent
    Folks, if you haven't quite got the budget for a TF Polo but would still like a very classic Bond-esq Polo, Orlear Brown do a number a varying Polo shirts quite similar to the TF one and without the elasticated bottom. They are high quality and have some classical and 60s styles. A lot of their clothing, Skyfall swim shorts aside, have a Bond nod to them. Fit is often slim. Wash cold. I have had the shorts, trousers and Polos for a while and they'll not go out of style anytime soon.

http://www.orlebarbrown.co.uk/men/subcat=polos

Adam.jpg
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent
    Agree! I'd recommend REALLY looking at their sizing charts, though, as the cuts vary quite a bit between the different OB styles.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    I will be posting some pics of this type of TF polo worn...it looks better on than in images or flat or line drawings...
  • Black ForestBlack Forest Posts: 4MI6 Agent
    I finally had time to take some pictures of my TF polo with long sleeves.
    Spring/Summer 2014, size 50, color is navy, 57% Cotton, 43%Viscose. The color is fantastic in person, very hard to photograph.
    I did my best to alter the pictures a bit so now it looks almost like in person on my calibrated monitor.

Hope this helps. :)

I'm 180cm, 70kg.

793rTlK.jpg

6NTJpso.jpg
    Sleeve detail

8odYH4L.jpg
    Fit
    Looks very nice Black Forest! {[]