Tom Ford Spectre Clothing Announcement and Discussion (SPOILERS)

Comments

• walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    I hope its them! the TF pants were ridiculously priced.
  • hthomashthomas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 833MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    Hmmm, interesting post from Tom Cridland...anything is possible...I always found it strange that the poster pants were not in the TF Buy Book info...

Let's keep an eye on Cridland...has anyone reached out to them?

I have. waiting to hear back
    instagram.com/dressinglikebond
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    Maybe im wrong but I dont think they are either to be honest. Well def not from the poster which clearly has the tick pattern

Ive had doubts from the start that the teaser pic pants are the ones worn on set in London
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    Matt S wrote:
    hthomas wrote:
    My friend Robert found this. http://www.tomcridland.co.uk/blogs/tom-cridland-the-journal/34213764-daniel-craig

What do you guys think? Weren't the pants confirmed to be TF?
    The Mantis wrote:
    Hmmm, interesting post from Tom Cridland...anything is possible...I always found it strange that the poster pants were not in the TF Buy Book info...

Let's keep an eye on Cridland...has anyone reached out to them?

Cridland is saying these are their Classic Navy pants, which are certainly not the trousers Craig is wearing on the poster. Perhaps the trousers from the poster won't be in the film, and these are not the trousers from the poster?

And we saw the frogmouth pockets on these trousers in some of the filming shots, right? Cridland's trousers don't have frogmouth pockets.

There are also buttons on the back pockets in the London scenes
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Is there any visual evidence to suggest that the teaser poster trousers are not the ones in the London scene in the film? The cut and style are believably Tom Ford.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent
    The pants from the Westminster Bridge sequence are definitely not navy blue. They are grey. Easily visible here, along with the 2 button back pockets -

Spectre_11r.jpg

Kind regards,
    Craig
  • sruzgarsruzgar Welcome to ScotlandPosts: 1,468MI6 Agent
    and clearly have frog mouth pockets:

CGa_ESk_LWo_AA9_Tmk_zps1bkyikop.jpg
    Amazing how diff they look in different light! One of the Daily Mail pics have it looking more grey. Maybe it is the teaser pic trousers after all.
  • FlightyFlighty Southampton , EnglandPosts: 200MI6 Agent
    Cridland also makes cashmere pants in Portugal, I've seen some grey pants that look good so far just waiting for swatches.
    Last rat standing.
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Amazing how diff they look in different light! One of the Daily Mail pics have it looking more grey. Maybe it is the teaser pic trousers after all.

I could say the same about the JV jacket.

So natural London daylight can desaturate color like a Zach Snyder film? :D
    Flighty wrote:
    Cridland also makes cashmere pants in Portugal, I've seen some grey pants that look good so far just waiting for swatches.

I saw the cashmere ones on their Instagram but no frog pockets
    Tom Cridland got back to me. The classic navy pants were made for Craig. He is unsure if they will be in SPECTRE.

I will assume they aren't and are just personal pants for Craig.
    hthomas wrote:
    Tom Cridland got back to me. The classic navy pants were made for Craig. He is unsure if they will be in SPECTRE.

I guess if in the movie he would have mentioned that they sold him 30 pairs :)
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,155MI6 Agent
    Hope it is a beige suit , I can drag the one out of the wardrobe that brosnan wore in DAD :007)
    Very similar :))
    007 reporting for duty
  • k5211k5211 UKPosts: 164MI6 Agent
    hthomas wrote:

HT, Thats an easy one, if you all recall, DC was spotted coming out of a restaurant in Rome during filming and had a pair of navy chino's on then. This is most likely them.

20150220_91178_99_538807_000015h.jpg
  • kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent
    A bit off topic but could be helpful for those who can't get to a Tom Ford store... news is that Mr Porter will start selling Tom Ford's ready to wear men's collection in September

http://fashionista.com/2015/06/tom-ford-net-a-porter
    k5211 wrote:
    hthomas wrote:

HT, Thats an easy one, if you all recall, DC was spotted coming out of a restaurant in Rome during filming and had a pair of navy chino's on then. This is most likely them.

20150220_91178_99_538807_000015h.jpg

Great eyes! Thank you.
    Looking at some SPECTRE pics I feel its a bit of a shame to re-introduce the cocktail cuff shirt but sadly with the tie pin.

Its a pity he is not wearing the cocktail cuffs in the PTS / London pics - I'm hoping he wears the shirt elsewhere in the movie (with no tie pin)
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,759MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Looking at some SPECTRE pics I feel its a bit of a shame to re-introduce the cocktail cuff shirt but sadly with the tie pin.

Its a pity he is not wearing the cocktail cuffs in the PTS / London pics - I'm hoping he wears the shirt elsewhere in the movie (with no tie pin)

I agree. I'm also hoping that we see it elsewhere in the film.
    welshboy78 wrote:

The Tom Ford buy book shows cocktail cuff shirts with a point collar as well, so hopefully we will see those too. However, a point collar is still not a spread collar, which would both be best for the British character and look better on Daniel Craig. His angular jaw looks best with a spread collar. The only time Bond wears a point collar shirt with cocktail cuffs is the dress shirt in Moonraker. The other seven films to feature cocktail cuffs are on shirts with spread collars or cutaway collars (in Dr. No). I don't get why Jany Temime wants to put Craig in point collars and single vent jackets. They're too American! Craig proved in QoS that he looks great in semi-spread collars and jackets with double vents.
    Hopefully Matt but I have a funny feeling we are running out of "unseen" outfits

Im convinced that...
    In Morocco we will see him in a casual tan outfit as debated the other day and the Tuxedo on the train

Must admit I prefer the spread collar

EDIT: Then again the end of Skyfall squeezed another suit in so anythings poss I guess
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Hopefully Matt but I have a funny feeling we are running out of "unseen" outfits

Im convinced that...
    In Morocco we will see him in a casual tan outfit as debated the other day and the Tuxedo on the train

There are a number of suits in the buy book we haven't seen yet. You don't think we will see all of them? Not sure if the rest I have to say counts as a spoiler, but I'll put it in a spoiler tag anyway.
    Timothy Dalton wore two tan outfits in Tangier, so I don't see why Daniel Craig might not also wear a tan casual outfit (the one in the photo) and a tan suit. The buy book also had a grey damier three-piece, which would look great in Solden. It may be worn upon arrival like the tweed three-piece suit in Switzerland in OHMSS. There was also a navy sharkskin suit, which I would assume features in another London scene. A lot of the film takes place in London. But I haven't read the script.
    Hi Matt,

Very true, I presumed that maybe not all the suits are featured since I can't see all 3 polo shirts in the film either - hoping your right and indeed we see the cocktail cuffs even if with a point collar!!

Believe there is a big Sony event tonight featuring Naomi Harris so hopefully a new trailer is on the horizon!
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,759MI6 Agent
    I can't understand the single vents and point collars either. Unlike other choices that she makes, this can't be influenced by current fashions because neither of those details are currently in vogue.

I suppose the vent could be justified as making Bond's suits sportier since he is a man of action. Same goes for the dainite soles on the shoes.
    I suppose the vent could be justified as making Bond's suits sportier since he is a man of action. Same goes for the dainite soles on the shoes.

Single vents certainly don't move around as much when running around, but I find that double vents move more elegantly. When Connery had to do action in his suits he wore suits without any vents, which was very effective. There is no way to justify a single vent on Bond's dinner jacket in Skyfall. I hope we don't see this again in Skyfall. Dainite soles are very practical, so I completely understand those.
  • MrEddy21MrEddy21 LondonPosts: 416MI6 Agent
    Has anyone been able to actually place an order with John G for the TF items??

He's off-the-grid with me. :s
  • Sriram858Sriram858 Posts: 182MI6 Agent
    Dave- Any update on the Tom Ford Sunglasses? I am guessing we are going to see two pairs based off the PTS & Rome Scenes..

Keep us posted.

Thanks!!
    Nope Ive given up and thought it was too risking as I'm not sure on my exact size :#
    Tom Ford London will contact me when they stock arrives and I'll shoot down and try it on.
    For that amount of cash I want to be certain. :007)
    MrEddy21 wrote:

007 reporting for duty
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    Nope Ive given up and thought it was too risking as I'm not sure on my exact size :#
    Tom Ford London will contact me when they stock arrives and I'll shoot down and try it on.
    For that amount of cash I want to be certain. :007)
    MrEddy21 wrote:

so the TF stores will carry the SPECTRE items listed? and if so when are they excepted to be in shop?
    I believe so , Tom Ford London expected October
    007 reporting for duty