Tom Ford Spectre Clothing Announcement and Discussion (SPOILERS)

Comments

• HoldenHolden UKPosts: 664MI6 Agent
    Based on the pic posted in Welshboy's link, is that a short camel coloured jacket, we don't know about yet?
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Holden wrote:
    Based on the pic posted in Welshboy's link, is that a short camel coloured jacket, we don't know about yet?

I thought the same for some reason - looked more like a jacket then a suit jacket
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    Based on the back of the collar and the short hem length, it looks like a casual jacket a-la the JV - trousers, from what can be seen look a lighter colour.
  • hthomashthomas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 833MI6 Agent
    Short suit jackets are in these days but that is really short. Would make more sense for a polo to be worn with a jacket than a suit.
    instagram.com/dressinglikebond
    Pity the picture isn't sharper.
    Need the Daily Mail to get out there :D
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    The sharper Image. ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    Looks like a casual jacket to me as well. Dammit, Eon Productions, I have enough casual jackets already. :p
    Hmm casual footwear too lol? Hopefully he's a cheapskate and took the Sanders
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    It was the last day of shooting there I think. Where are all the behind the scene pics?????!!!
    The Mantis wrote:
    It was the last day of shooting there I think. Where are all the behind the scene pics?????!!!

I didn't realise they were there, thought it was this coming week!

I guess they are moving on to another Moroccan location?
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,759MI6 Agent
    That can't be a suit jacket. Even by the standards of the other suits we've seen, that is VERY short.

If it is a suit jacket...wow, what a disappointment.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Thanks for sharing the photo, welshboy78. It sure can't be a suit jacket. The suit jackets we've seen from this film have all been on the short side, but they haven't been this short. Perhaps it's the tan left-hand twill David originally posted a swatch of, but it's made as more of a casual jacket and trousers rather than a lounge suit? It would almost resemble the casual jacket and trousers Bond wears with his navy polo in The Living Daylights.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • TennysonTennyson A View to a KillPosts: 606MI6 Agent
    I know its not this jacket, but this is the style of jacket I perceive it to be, rather than the suit style we were expecting from TF

http://www.mrporter.com/en-nz/mens/theory/antony-suede-bomber-jacket/558912
  • Sriram858Sriram858 Posts: 182MI6 Agent
    Can anyone post another link to the photo referenced above? The URL is not working for some reason- Tks!
  • Sriram858Sriram858 Posts: 182MI6 Agent
    Never mind, works now- I wonder if that is a suit or jacket.. Looks interesting
  • crt007crt007 Posts: 86MI6 Agent
    Could it be a matchless blouson?

In the same vein as http://www.matchlesslondon.com/en/blouson-man-kensington-cuero.html
    crt007 wrote:

In the same vein as http://www.matchlesslondon.com/en/blouson-man-kensington-cuero.html

Could indeed be something similar however I think if its matchless it will be a new unreleased design

If it is Matchless then that opens a can of worms about the "Mr White" jacket

Matchless did say they can't wait to see Daniel Craig jacket in their "Blouson" on Instagram before it was deleted
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,450MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    crt007 wrote:

Could indeed be something similar however I think if its matchless it will be a new unreleased design

Matchless did say they can't wait to see Daniel Craig jacket in their "Blouson" on Instagram before it was deleted

It would make a lot of sense for this to be the announced Matchless blouson as opposed to the "Mr White" jacket. Matchless isn't known for making cold-weather coats, and there wasn't anything in their winter line that resembled what we saw in the trailer, as opposed to this jacket which looks similar to the Kensington.

I have plenty of casual jackets too, Westward_Drift! Nothing suitable for the desert though.
    Cheverian wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:
    crt007 wrote:

It would make a lot of sense for this to be the announced Matchless blouson as opposed to the "Mr White" jacket. Matchless isn't known for making cold-weather coats, and there wasn't anything in their winter line that resembled what we saw in the trailer, as opposed to this jacket which looks similar to the Kensington.

I have plenty of casual jackets too, Westward_Drift! Nothing suitable for the desert though.

Agree 100% This could get interesting indeed!
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,759MI6 Agent
    I agree that this is probably the Matchless jacket. Perhaps the pants are the tan left-hand twill from Tom Ford. They may be suit pants and the costume designer simply decided not to use the jacket.
    I see the Moroccan video has been pulled - guess he was covering his backside!
    My friend Robert found this. http://www.tomcridland.co.uk/blogs/tom-cridland-the-journal/34213764-daniel-craig

What do you guys think? Weren't the pants confirmed to be TF?
    edited June 2015
    hthomas wrote:
    My friend Robert found this. http://www.tomcridland.co.uk/blogs/tom-cridland-the-journal/34213764-daniel-craig

I don't think anything def confirmed yet - maybe Mantis can chip in.

I don't think those Classic Navy Pants are the ones in the London pic at all, maybe another scene, unused or DC personally?

EDIT: I notice they do a Camel coloured Chino? Maybe worth digging for more info
    welshboy78 wrote:
    hthomas wrote:

I don't think anything def confirmed yet - maybe Mantis can chip in.

I don't think those Classic Navy Pants are the ones in the London pic at all, maybe another scene, unused or DC personally?

Yeah they are no way the ones online in their store.
    They do a Camel chino - might be worth digging for more info maybe incase??

Camel_Back.jpg?v=1404490043
    its a good looking pair! Could be a good alternative to the Moroccan pants!
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    Cheverian wrote:

A Tom Ford Harrington isn't exactly suitable for the Bolivian desert, either. (My Royale replica was a bit warm in the afternoon sun. ) :))

Something for very hot weather would be nice. I'm just certain whatever is in SPECTRE will be as practical as Indiana Jonses' leather jacket in a tropical jungle.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Hmmm, interesting post from Tom Cridland...anything is possible...I always found it strange that the poster pants were not in the TF Buy Book info...

Let's keep an eye on Cridland...has anyone reached out to them?
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    edited June 2015
    hthomas wrote:

The Mantis wrote:
    Hmmm, interesting post from Tom Cridland...anything is possible...I always found it strange that the poster pants were not in the TF Buy Book info...

Let's keep an eye on Cridland...has anyone reached out to them?

Cridland is saying these are their Classic Navy pants, which are certainly not the trousers Craig is wearing on the poster. Perhaps the trousers from the poster won't be in the film, and these are not the trousers from the poster?

And we saw the frogmouth pockets on these trousers in some of the filming shots, right? Cridland's trousers don't have frogmouth pockets.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits