Tom Ford Spectre Clothing Announcement and Discussion (SPOILERS)

Comments

• FRGNAFFAIRSFRGNAFFAIRS Posts: 83MI6 Agent
    David, great work as always! Does John work out of the NYC Tom Ford store?
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Beverly Hills now.
  • kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent
    Matt S - love your latest blog. Great collaboration between you and DavidZ

Looking forward to Part 2!
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    kadd wrote:

Superb indeed!!!!! What a cracking summary of the suits so far!

Hopefully we get better pics of the ties soon - could swear there is a pattern on the black tie (circular maybe)
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent
    edited June 2015
    welshboy78 wrote:
    kadd wrote:

Superb indeed!!!!! What a cracking summary of the suits so far!

Hopefully we get better pics of the ties soon - could swear there is a pattern on the black tie (circular maybe)

Welshboy have you seen these photos? To me the pattern looks like rectangles on a slant.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    I think your right - kind of diamond / rhombus kind of thing going on!

Cheers
    edited June 2015
    :007)
  • hthomashthomas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 833MI6 Agent
    Incredible article. Thank you.
    instagram.com/dressinglikebond
  • 006006 Posts: 258MI6 Agent
    Wasn't sure where to post this in either the TF thread or Spectre Wardrobe, anyways I was at Tom Ford this afternoon and I was going through the swatches and I saw this

DSC_0022.jpg

I don't know if this is the exact pattern for the Spectre teaser trailer poster trousers, although this was the best out of 100 swatches!

Feel free to discuss
    For England James?

Instagram: instagram.com/tie_another_day
    I dont think thats it
  • sruzgarsruzgar Welcome to ScotlandPosts: 1,468MI6 Agent
    Im going to wager money they are not TF trousers if they were they would have been in the buy book.
    Anything is possible...
    In a way im kind of hoping they are but on the other hand my wallet hopes not (especially since the TF news broke!!)
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    edited June 2015
    006 wrote:
    Wasn't sure where to post this in either the TF thread or Spectre Wardrobe, anyways I was at Tom Ford this afternoon and I was going through the swatches and I saw this

DSC_0022.jpg

I don't know if this is the exact pattern for the Spectre teaser trailer poster trousers, although this was the best out of 100 swatches!

Feel free to discuss

Definitely not it. The high-res image of the poster showed a unique tic pattern. whilst this cloth is a unique kind of birdseye. I've never seen any cloth like either before.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    For reference, here is the image HalfHitman HalfMonk posted:

http://postimg.cc/image/irvkzkun7/full/
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • 006006 Posts: 258MI6 Agent
    Gents,

Many thanks for the clarification.

In a way I would like to think the trousers are from Tom Ford.

I guess the hunt continues...
    For England James?

Instagram: instagram.com/tie_another_day
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,450MI6 Agent
    I am most intrigued by the Sky pants, especially since so far I have seen nothing remotely like them as alternates anywhere. (As an aside the design sounds somewhat like Bond's ski pants as described in OHMSS.) So I've been tempted, but for $1600 I'm wondering on what occasions I would want to look like a guard at a Swiss alpine clinic.
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,154MI6 Agent
    Okay guys any of you who are Uk residents , John has emailed me back to say he cant take my order because of shipping. :#
    He suggested I go through the London office.
    I spoke to them today , a guy called Jack told me I cant order anything until they arrive in October , no pre orders.
    Not all bad news hes speaking to their buyer today to keep me informed , He's on our side as he's a 007 enthusiast too , so fingers crossed.
    Surely because I don't live in USA I cant order and he agreed with me.
    seems unfair.

Anyway I did find out their still have material if anyone wants a skyfall suit.

I'll post soon as I know.
    007 reporting for duty
    Cant you use Bonvu as a shipping service? Or a proxy alternative in the states?
    If you wait for October I am afraid there will be scraps left...BTW, John mentioned the TIC poster pants were from an exisiting three piece suit and I have asked for swatches/pics etc...working on it! :007)
  • MrEddy21MrEddy21 LondonPosts: 416MI6 Agent
    I had the exact same conversation today with Jack as John G told me the same thing.

I really hope we get our names down as I agree with David, there'll only be scraps left and we'll be left out. Hopefully Jack will come through.
    Okay guys any of you who are Uk residents , John has emailed me back to say he cant take my order because of shipping. :#
    I spoke to them today , a guy called Jack told me I cant order anything until they arrive in October , no pre orders.
    Not all bad news hes speaking to their buyer today to keep me informed , He's on our side as he's a 007 enthusiast too , so fingers crossed.
    seems unfair.

Thanks David , might just do that as I don't want to miss this as I personally think this is the best collection. :007)
    My man in London reckons he can sort it , so I'll hang on a bit as I want the polos so still have some grace time.
    Otherwise I'll be panicking X-(
    007 reporting for duty
    yeah he said that , I was the 3rd one today.
    Hopefully he can come through , post as soon as we know
    MrEddy21 wrote:
    I had the exact same conversation today with Jack as John G told me the same thing.

I really hope we get our names down as I agree with David, there'll only be scraps left and we'll be left out. Hopefully Jack will come through.
    seems unfair.

007 reporting for duty
    Had a bad feeling this might happen
    me too , all this excitement for nothing.
    I'll be gutted
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Had a bad feeling this might happen
    007 reporting for duty
    Proxy services are amazing and have been a savior for many people in this situation...
    thanks David , never used one.
    whats the process ?
    007 reporting for duty
  • HoldenHolden UKPosts: 664MI6 Agent
    edited June 2015
    Mmm.....I guess the fact that I mentioned UK on my 2 e-mails, is why John has not replied yet :(

The shipping thing seems a bit silly, as most of the TF stuff is made in Italy (EU), so pity it can't be sent direct to your country's TF store.
    definitely unfortunately he will just email back go through the london store X-(
    Holden wrote:
    Mmm.....I guess the fact that I mentioned UK on my 2 e-mails, if why John has not replied yet :(

The shipping thing seems a bit silly, as most of the TF stuff is made in Italy (EU), so pity it can't be sent direct to your country's TF store.
    007 reporting for duty
  • sruzgarsruzgar Welcome to ScotlandPosts: 1,468MI6 Agent
    This is the first I have heard about this for UK people, Im currently proxying for another member here for another reason.

I cant do it for EVERYONE but can try to assist if need be.