Sick of all the constant post-Spectre Bond media speculation

Comments

• eric7064eric7064 USAPosts: 343MI6 Agent
    To be honest I actually like speculating on where the franchise is headed. I judst hate the outside media BS articles on who the next Bond will be.
  • ShatterfangShatterfang Posts: 538MI6 Agent
    I would love a Bond tv series set in the 50s-60s. Have it be 3 90 minute movies a season like Sherlock, and then one actor could tackle all the fleming books on his own before he gets too old
  • Revolver66Revolver66 Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 470MI6 Agent
    I would love a Bond tv series set in the 50s-60s. Have it be 3 90 minute movies a season like Sherlock, and then one actor could tackle all the fleming books on his own before he gets too old

I have to admit, that would be very cool. Whenever I read the Fleming books, I always imagine how great it would be to have tv films made of them. Books like Moonraker and The Spy Who Loved Me would work suberbly as tv films. It'll never happen though :))
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Yes, it would be brilliant -{ sadly, we'll never see it. :#
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Yes, it would be brilliant -{ sadly, we'll never see it. :#

Why not?
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
    Shatterfang, the Bond Producers would never allow a rival series.
    Even if set in the 50s. As all the same bull stories would roll out.
    Two Bonds which is best, why can't tv's 007 move to the cinema.
    I'm sure they'd be worried about confusing the audience as to who
    really is Bond.
    I have my hopes pinned on an adult animation series, using the BBC
    Radio plays, or similar. Although Honestly, I can't see this ever seeing
    the light either.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,777MI6 Agent
    Pussy is right.

Recently there has been wishful thinking on the Fanderson forum that the current Thunderbirds 1965 Kickstarter project will promote a new series of the classic Supermarionation show. Ditto various pitches made to CBS for a new Star Trek TV series by several, including TNG actors Jonathan Frakes and Michael Dorn.

The Bond Films, Thunderbirds TAG-15, and The Abrahms Star Trek films could all potentially loose revenue if the franchises were diluted by additional productions seeping away a portion of the audience. Jonathan Frakes said that CBS told him as much, effectively ending any hopes for a new Star Trek TV series in the predictable future.
    Considering the incrementally weaker ratings that DS9, Voyager, the TNG films and Enterprise all suffered, you can see their point. Viewers were spoilt in the TNG / DS9 / Vgr era. Poor DS9 was competing with its predecessor, then it's sibling series as well as other competing shows. It damaged both DS9 and Vgr by splitting the audience.

A Classic era Bond mini series idea is a delicious one, but I can't see The Ian Fleming Foundation, The House Of Eon, or either the BBC or ITV willing to support such a project. The former two due to rights and ownership, the latter due to the expense of the permissions and the high production costs.
    This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    I guess Disney needs to take over then ala Star Wars everything going on (just kidding)
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,777MI6 Agent
    Jokes aside, we have yet to see if The Mouse Empire does good on Star Wars. I do not have faith in Abrahms based on the direction Trek has gone in. - and that used SW as the template!

Plus SW has now seeped into other Disney franchises as a result of Lucas giving up. CARS characters released as Star Wars, Hot Wheels SW cars etc. The cow is not going Moo, it's screaming at how far it's being milked!
    This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?
  • eric7064eric7064 USAPosts: 343MI6 Agent
    Little off topic but I am actually loving the direction Star Wars is headed. While not much is known from the movie,what is known looks extremely promising to me. Also, as dumb as spinoff can be a universe like Star Wars is perfect for it. Rogue One sounds amazing. As does the other potential spinoff. Very excited.
    Jarvio wrote:

If this is accurate then this is good news for me :)) -{
  • HatThrowingHenchmanHatThrowingHenchman Russia With LovePosts: 1,834MI6 Agent
    Revolver66 wrote:
    Jarvio wrote:

a shame they didn't do so for Pierce in 2002...
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
    Revolver66 wrote:
    Jarvio wrote:

Ah yes I see you have a DAD quote in your posts. A big Pierce fan?
  • HatThrowingHenchmanHatThrowingHenchman Russia With LovePosts: 1,834MI6 Agent
    Revolver66 wrote:
    Revolver66 wrote:

Ah yes I see you have a DAD quote in your posts. A big Pierce fan?

very... :)
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
  • Virgil37Virgil37 Posts: 1,212MI6 Agent

Wow...that would be awesome. As everyone pointed out, it can't happen though. But it would feel new, because it has never been done. Even the early movies were made ten years after the novels, which were very 50s. The 60s really started in 1963-1964, just when Ian Fleming died.
    Jarvio wrote:

And who would be interested? with the business Craig's movies are doing, that would be ridiculous.
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,155MI6 Agent
    hopefully end of speculation , will probably still rumble on though.
    Barbara did say when DC has had enough , still open for me. Just hope I'm wrong.
    007 reporting for duty
  • jalconjalcon Posts: 25MI6 Agent
    I think he'll be back for another...hell it's bond no. 25...which is special in itself.
    if i remember correctly the writer Jon Logan said bond 24 & 25 would build on Skyfall. Meaning it is planned to continue the story so the same actors would be most likely. and his contracted is contracted for a 25th film, and through to 2020 meaning its not up to him.
    Yeah hopefully Big Babs will put the foot down and just tell him how it is :))
  • db5.007db5.007 SwitzerlandPosts: 73MI6 Agent
    Having seen the DB5 being fixed in Q's lab in the background of Bond-Q dialogue (last trailer) it makes me think again that maybe they are already working on Bond 25 as a second part of Spectre - or a third and conclusive part of what could be a sort of Skyfall trilogy.
    "Surround yourself with human beings, they are easier to fight for than principles.”
    I think the DB5 ( like Michael G Wilson) will be making a guest spot
    in all future Bond films ;) might just be in the background, but I think
    it will be there.
  • lotuslotus englandPosts: 292MI6 Agent
    Yesssssssssss,Dan has said he will play bond for as long as he can
    He seems to be enjoying himself more and more with each film. :)
  • lotuslotus englandPosts: 292MI6 Agent
    He says the films are getting harder to do but he will go on as long as he can ,me personally,I think he will do two more,I do hope so
    I was discussing this earlier, I too think it will be two more but ...
    ... Then it's going to be very tempting to do just one more, to
    Equal Sir Roger ? :)) I'm not saying he will, only that it's bound
    to be tempting to get so close.
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    I was discussing this earlier, I too think it will be two more but ...
    ... Then it's going to be very tempting to do just one more, to
    Equal Sir Roger ? :)) I'm not saying he will, only that it's bound
    to be tempting to get so close.

And after that, wouldn't it again be tempting to BEAT him?

By beat I mean, beat his amount of films - not beat him up :))
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
    :)) If he's still fit enough, who knows ?
    Daniel Craig will be difficult to replace when he's gone. Not since Connery has an actor owned the character so much IMO. In fact, the search for a replacement will be like Connery all over again, so I hope he does Bond 25 at the very least.