Sick of all the constant post-Spectre Bond media speculation

Comments

• Virgil37Virgil37 Posts: 1,212MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    Virgil37 wrote:

I think their policy of a film every three years has worked wonders on the series. In fact, the only one that didn't follow that, QoS, is the worst Craig film. One year more pre-production means they have a rock solid script when they shoot, and it shows. If Craig does four in the end, fine. If SPECTRE is as big as it appears it will be, he will do a 5th, and leave it at the top when he's 49-50 years old, after an amazing 12 year tenure. Just as Moore's, but with better quality overall and not ageing the character so much.

How do you explain DAD after a 3 year gap? I think the 4 year gaps were too much.

From the way Craig is aging, he probably won't look much different than Moore in OP in three years time.

Craig is in much better overall physical condition than Moore, who looked like a delicate old man in his last three films. And while I agree that he is looking older, he doesn't look any older than he did three years ago in Skyfall.

He's also supposed to age, Bond was born in 1968. The character ages with the actor.But Moore played Bond at 45, Craig at 37. That's 8 full years advantage, so Craig will never play a 57 year old Bond as Moore did.
  • JagJag Posts: 1,167MI6 Agent
    I love it how the "Sick of all the constant post-Spectre Bond media speculation" thread turned into a constant post-Spectre Bond media speculation one! :)) :)) :))

And for those who say they can't imagine this or that actor as Bond - they said the same about Craig.
  • Absolutely_CartAbsolutely_Cart NJ/NYC, United StatesPosts: 1,740MI6 Agent
    Bond has changed a lot since Moore and Dalton. Bond could be older then because the stunts either weren't as tough or they could more easily get away with stuntmen for the types of stunts they did.

Dalton was in his late 40's and he did a lot of his own stunts.
  • Revolver66Revolver66 Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 470MI6 Agent
    Jag wrote:
    I love it how the "Sick of all the constant post-Spectre Bond media speculation" thread turned into a constant post-Spectre Bond media speculation one! :)) :)) :))

And for those who say they can't imagine this or that actor as Bond - they said the same about Craig.

We're discussing an interview that has direct quotes from Daniel Craig about his future in the role, not gossiping about articles that are taking bets on who will be the next Bond. A touch different :)) :)) :))
    As for the topic of Craig's comments I do hope that it is merely weariness talking and he decides to stay on for another, as I would love him to do film number 5. If I'm correct I think he made some similar comments just after Skyfall about trying to get out of the role back then. Anyone remember this?? Or am I mistaken?
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    Well I'm sure that SP is supposed to be part one of a two Part Story. So I can't see Craig hanging up the Tux yet.
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    Well I'm sure that SP is supposed to be part one of a two Part Story. So I can't see Craig hanging up the Tux yet.

If you read the article, Craig makes it clear SPECTRE is NOT part of a two film story, so that finally quashes that rumour (unless Dan "he does't stand bullshit" is bullshitting.

And what with the "Dirty Harry" ending it gives Dan the perfect exit for his ailing body and wilting face.

As the next one won't be for 3 years, EON will consider the timescale, consider their alternatives, look at how Dan has aged and then decide.
    Well it was just that, a Rumor.
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    Well it was just that, a Rumor.

But you did say "I'M SURE SP is supposed to be..." and your post is built around that argument.

Perhaps consider what is authentic and what "you've just heard" in future and make it clear in your point
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,580Chief of Staff

If you read the article, Craig makes it clear SPECTRE is NOT part of a two film story, so that finally quashes that rumour

I don't think CR was written as a first part to a two part story arc...but you could argue it ultimately was...
    You know how SPECTRE ends...so there would be nothing to stop this from happening...it's what Logan initially pitched...
    YNWA 97
    Sir Miles wrote:

If you read the article, Craig makes it clear SPECTRE is NOT part of a two film story, so that finally quashes that rumour

I don't think CR was written as a first part to a two part story arc...but you could argue it ultimately was...
    You know how SPECTRE ends...so there would be nothing to stop this from happening...it's what Logan initially pitched...

In which case that's what's fuelled the present rumour; there were no plans or rumours that CR would be a two parter because QOS was only (cheaply, IMO) grafted on to it after the smash hit success of CR.

Unfortunately, no one seems to have told Dan SPECTRE is a two-parter so unless he's BSing (and we're told he doesn't) it won't be

And after the "Dirty Harry" ending, M pleads for Bond to come back in the next one. Which we had at the end of CR, QOS and in SKYFALL...

Sounds like the perfect clean cut to bring in a new man
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Bond has changed a lot since Moore and Dalton. Bond could be older then because the stunts either weren't as tough or they could more easily get away with stuntmen for the types of stunts they did.

Dalton was in his late 40's and he did a lot of his own stunts.

43 and 45 are not late 40s. And the stunts in LTK are not nearly as intense as the stunts Craig has done.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    Sir Miles wrote:

In which case that's what's fuelled the present rumour; there were no plans or rumours that CR would be a two parter because QOS was only (cheaply, IMO) grafted on to it after the smash hit success of CR.

Unfortunately, no one seems to have told Dan SPECTRE is a two-parter so unless he's BSing (and we're told he doesn't) it won't be

And after the "Dirty Harry" ending, M pleads for Bond to come back in the next one. Which we had at the end of CR, QOS and in SKYFALL...

From what I heard - and I have no definitive proof - Logan was told to go away and write basic outlines for the two films...he then wrote the first draft screenplay and from there it all went wrong - certainly according to the 'Sony Leaks' fiasco...the script was heavily altered and the 'two-parter' idea was shelved...that's not to say it won't/can't happen...or even another CR/QoS type scenario happens...I'd be shocked if Dan doesn't return though.
    YNWA 97
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,155MI6 Agent
    well said I'm 43 soon to be 44 and I'm not in my late 40's thanks very much. :))
    stunts i'll leave it to the pro's
    007 reporting for duty
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

From what I heard - and I have no definitive proof - Logan was told to go away and write basic outlines for the two films...he then wrote the first draft screenplay and from there it all went wrong - certainly according to the 'Sony Leaks' fiasco...the script was heavily altered and the 'two-parter' idea was shelved...that's not to say it won't/can't happen...or even another CR/QoS type scenario happens...I'd be shocked if Dan doesn't return though.

I said it elsewhere on AJB today - the next one won't be seen for 3 years, EON will, as they have in the past, consider their options, see how Craig looks, and then decide.

I'd suggest what anyone "knows" on that point now in 2015 - Dan, EON, AJBers - is misguided.
    Sir Miles wrote:

I said it elsewhere on AJB today - the next one won't be seen for 3 years, EON will, as they have in the past, consider their options, see how Craig looks, and then decide.

I'd suggest what anyone "knows" on that point now in 2015 - Dan, EON, AJBers - is misguided.

I think 'misguided' is a strange term to use there ?:)

I concur that - in all likelihood - the next one will be on screen in three years...that gives them a little over a year to start knocking a script together...and decide who they go with...
    YNWA 97
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

I concur that - in all likelihood - the next one will be on screen in three years...that gives them a little over a year to start knocking a script together...and decide who they go with...

Using the term "misguided" with the word "knows" - ie anyone who is convinced for certain that DC will be back in 3 years are wrong.

Three years is a long time, regardless of how soon planning commences: how late in the day was DC cast? Long after CR had been written and planned logistically...
    Sir Miles wrote:

Using the term "misguided" with the word "knows" - ie anyone who is convinced for certain that DC will be back in 3 years are wrong.

Three years is a long time, regardless of how soon planning commences: how late in the day was DC cast? Long after CR had been written and planned logistically...

True enough...
    YNWA 97
    The only thing we can do is wait and see. I personally think that Craig has got one more Film in him. But that's just how I feel.
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    I doubt that Daniel Craig will fall apart in the next three years. He appears to take good care of himself. Some folks around here seem to think he'll look like Keith Richards in a tux with a shoulder holster and a short haircut. From what I've seen so far, he actually looks better in SPECTRE than he did in Skyfall. While I fully understand the differences of opinion re Craig as Bond among hardcore Bond fans, to the general public he is Bond. The Craig Bond films are money making machines; not just decent hits but huge, studio saving, multimillionair making, mega hits. I don't think the folks over at EON are sitting around wringing their hands and worrying that Craig will look to decrepit to play Bond in 25. What they are more likely to be concerned about is that he might decide not to return. I do believe he will return for 25. As was stated previously, he has significantly more input into these films than any of his predecessors, and a tight personal relationship with EON.
    For those who have read the script, don't give away too much about the ending if you can!
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,759MI6 Agent
    HowardB wrote:
    I doubt that Daniel Craig will fall apart in the next three years. He appears to take good care of himself. Some folks around here seem to think he'll look like Keith Richards in a tux with a shoulder holster and a short haircut. From what I've seen so far, he actually looks better in SPECTRE than he did in Skyfall. While I fully understand the differences of opinion re Craig as Bond among hardcore Bond fans, to the general public he is Bond. The Craig Bond films are money making machines; not just decent hits but huge, studio saving, multimillionair making, mega hits. I don't think the folks over at EON are sitting around wringing their hands and worrying that Craig will look to decrepit to play Bond in 25. What they are more likely to be concerned about is that he might decide not to return. I do believe he will return for 25. As was stated previously, he has significantly more input into these films than any of his predecessors, and a tight personal relationship with EON.

I agree with this. -{

Those who keep pointing out how old Daniel Craig looks are the same individuals who do not fancy him as Bond to begin with. As you point out, he looks better in SPECTRE than he did in Skyfall (or at least looks no worse). Whether Craig returns will be up to Craig.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    HowardB wrote:

I agree with this. -{

Those who keep pointing out how old Daniel Craig looks are the same individuals who do not fancy him as Bond to begin with. As you point out, he looks better in SPECTRE than he did in Skyfall (or at least looks no worse). Whether Craig returns will be up to Craig.

I do think he looks old, but he does seem to look a lot better in Spectre than in Skyfall. In Skyfall they must have wanted him to look bad. They gave him a terrible haircut, put him in suits that didn't fit and just made him look worn out. In the Heineken photos he proved that he can look pretty good when his hair is a bit longer.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • Sriram858Sriram858 Posts: 182MI6 Agent
    I agree. I think he looks better than Skyfall in Spectre. I also think he will grow the hair out a bit longer for the next one like the heniken ads. He will return as bond for Bond 25 & if we are lucky 26. He always says he is done with the role and he has been trying to get out of it since getting in at and what have you for pure speculation. If Spectre breaks records and makes more than Skyfall there is no way EON will let him walk unless he really decides to. I personally think the guy looks good for his age and will look good for the next three to four years....
    HowardB wrote:
  • HatThrowingHenchmanHatThrowingHenchman Russia With LovePosts: 1,834MI6 Agent
    I don't know who of you's on Instagram but if you search for #jamesbond there are SO MANY pics of people loosing their... because of Horowicz's statement.
    why are so much people obessed with having a black Bond?
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    There seems to be an obsession with whomever the Fleming Estate hires to write a new Bond novel to either slag the recent films or generally put their foot in their mouth. The authors seem to think they are a bit above all this movie nonsense. Message to all these great scribes: you are not Ian Fleming; if it wasn't for the ongoing success of the films you probably would not be writing a new Bond novel. :s
    HowardB wrote:
    There seems to be an obsession with whomever the Fleming Estate hires to write a new Bond novel to either slag the recent films or generally put their foot in their mouth. The authors seem to think they are a bit above all this movie nonsense. Message to all these great scribes: you are not Ian Fleming; if it wasn't for the ongoing success of the films you probably would not be writing a new Bond novel. :s

Well said :) :)
    I agree. It is bizarre as to why it keeps happening.
  • HatThrowingHenchmanHatThrowingHenchman Russia With LovePosts: 1,834MI6 Agent
    this whole "we-need-a-black-actor-for-Bond" discussion is bizarre :(
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
    And it gets dragged up so many Times, whilst covering the same Ground over and over again :#