Sick of all the constant post-Spectre Bond media speculation

15678911»

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I think he's contracted for Bond 25. -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    I think he's contracted for Bond 25. -{

He is. I would be truly surprised if he bails out after SPECTRE...but that being said, I think he's now in a position to have a veto over directors...and having his friend Sam Mendes on board has been enjoyable for him. If Mendes wants to move on after this one (and odds are he will), it will be interesting to see who comes on board---and how it affects Craigger's ongoing commitment to the franchise.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I think the Bond films ( after the reboot and huge success they have achieved ) will
    have their choice of directors .
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • lotuslotus englandPosts: 292MI6 Agent
    Dan will do bond 25 .......may be bond 26 ....i doubt if he will do bond 27
  • Penfold HeartPenfold Heart Posts: 159MI6 Agent
    If he does do 25 (I am sure he will) I wonder if it would continue the whole story arc?

Or just be a stand-alone mission.
    I think blofield will be in bond 25
  • eric7064eric7064 USAPosts: 343MI6 Agent
    Yeah they definitely didn't bring spectre back for just one film did they? I wouldn't think so
  • SkippySkippy Posts: 446MI6 Agent
    If people what to speculate as to who will be the next Bond, taking into consideration what BB and DC have said, and therefore the likelihood of DC doing 1 / 2 more films - the thing to be thinking about is even if they churn them out one film say every two years straight after SPECTRE, that still another 4 years minimum.

Now add 4 years to the current ages of all the favourites - Idris Elba, Tom Hardy, Damian Lewis, David Oyelowo - their all going to be too old to sign up to a proper stint at the character. OK, RM was 45 when he started and looked good in LALD, but by VTAK when he was kissing some twenty something Bond Girl he was really looking like a dirty old man :#

No, for my money the horizon scanning should to focus on someone who is only in their late twenties or early thirties right now. Henry Cavill is the right age ...but is he too high profile in his own right to be a choice for Bond anymore? The Bond gig has tended to make actors movie stars, rather than recruit an already existing movie star.

I'm not going to nail my colours to any mast at this stage ...but by way of example... Nicholas Hoult could be a consideration. Right age, appears to have a good acting skill range, action movie credentials - although again he might already be too high profile.

Look at the youngsters, that's all I'm saying -{
  • eric7064eric7064 USAPosts: 343MI6 Agent
    Skippy wrote:
    If people what to speculate as to who will be the next Bond, taking into consideration what BB and DC have said, and therefore the likelihood of DC doing 1 / 2 more films - the thing to be thinking about is even if they churn them out one film say every two years straight after SPECTRE, that still another 4 years minimum.

Now add 4 years to the current ages of all the favourites - Idris Elba, Tom Hardy, Damian Lewis, David Oyelowo - their all going to be too old to sign up to a proper stint at the character. OK, RM was 45 when he started and looked good in LALD, but by VTAK when he was kissing some twenty something Bond Girl he was really looking like a dirty old man :#

No, for my money the horizon scanning should to focus on someone who is only in their late twenties or early thirties right now. Henry Cavill is the right age ...but is he too high profile in his own right to be a choice for Bond anymore? The Bond gig has tended to make actors movie stars, rather than recruit an already existing movie star.

I'm not going to nail my colours to any mast at this stage ...but by way of example... Nicholas Hoult could be a consideration. Right age, appears to have a good acting skill range, action movie credentials - although again he might already be too high profile.

Exactly. DC is on contract for one more. Which could be 3 years out. Another would be 5-6 years from now. All the names being used wouldn't be considered anymore.
  • Vicsane007Vicsane007 Posts: 167MI6 Agent
    Skippy wrote:

-{ {[]
    "Some men are coming to kill us. We're going to kill them first."
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    I've been a booster of Henry Cavill since he was too young to do CR :D ...and I think he'd be an outstanding Bond six or so years from now as well. That being said, can you be Superman, Napoleon Solo...AND James Bond? Seems highly unlikely, and I'm sad about that, because I see it in him.

When there's a vacancy in the role, it will probably end up being someone not even on the radar right now.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
    I also think on her majesties secret service will be re made at some point too.
  • blame_thatcherblame_thatcher Posts: 199MI6 Agent
    With Craig almost confirming he'll do another, that rules out most of the actors who've been touted as the next in line as they'll be too old.

The next 007 could well be someone most of us have never heard of.