Craig would rather slit his own wrists than play Bond again.

Comments

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,354Chief of Staff
    True!
    "I always say I don't want to do another Bond film just before we start negotiating my fee for the next one"- Sir Rog again.
  • Sriram858Sriram858 Posts: 182MI6 Agent
    The guy will be back for a fifth bond and perhaps maybe even a sixth if the fifth does really really good.

After Skyfall he just did the broadway thing.... I honestly think he loves playing Bond and does not want to give it up...esp when the movies do so well.
  • PDJamesBondPDJamesBond Posts: 180MI6 Agent
    I think all this is being blown way out of proportion, especially since that interview was given months ago, mere days after he finished filming the movie. And if there's anything we do know about DC, it's that he doesn't do anything just for the money. His passion for the character is clear, and he has taken Bond in new directions that no actor before him has ever done. I think it’s also important to keep in mind that he has a co-producing credit on Spectre, something no other Bond actor has ever had, which only further proves how much time and energy and love he has invested in the film and the character.
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    Objectively, Connery was poor in both YOLT and DAF.

No, not "objectively". Not to me! :007)
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • arthur pringlearthur pringle SpacePosts: 366MI6 Agent
    If it's such a pain in the arse making Bond films he should move on and do something else. Maybe it would be good for him to do something new. His later IMDB has tumbleweed blowing through it when you remove the Bond films. Anyway, fingers crossed. :v
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Moore stuck with Bond because he had nothing better to do. He had other things to do, but not better things. None of the other films he did in that 12 year span are better than his Bond films, and he knew that. Craig acts like he has better things to do, but since all he's done between Spectre and the last Bond film is one play (and that didn't take him 2 years) tells me that if he wanted to do other work so badly he would have. I'm just hearing so much BS from him, and it's making me think even less of him.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent
    Wow, you guys are taking this offhand comment so personally!
  • ToTheRightToTheRight Posts: 314MI6 Agent
    Media hype-there's no news like bad news. Still even in joking, I wonder what Cubby would have thought of Craig's remarks on doing Bond again? This back and forth is slightly dampening my excitement for this film sad to say. As much as I like the character development for Craig's Bond and the attempts to somewhat get back to Fleming, I'd kind of like the films to go back to the reliable 2 year cycle with formula in place but tweaked for each film. As well as a Bond actor that seems up for the next film. Sounds like I've described TLD.
    But when you put so much stock in these interviews, you become part of the hype/problem. Daniel Craig is pushing 50 and he's exhausted after a Bond movie. Nothing new there. Reading between the lines, that means he busted his ass making the film and hopefully all that effort is up on the screen. Good news!
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I think if you asked Daniel, what he said in an Interview a few weeks ago
    He wouldn't know. I'm sure this is a mix of hype, off the cuff quips and a
    bit of wage negotiations. :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."

It's not just one comment, it's every interview he has done since filming ended. I saw Tom Cruise's interviews after M:I5, and he had such a different attitude. He's older than Daniel Craig and can still go through an interview without being miserable.
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,760MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:

It's not just one comment, it's every interview he has done since filming ended. I saw Tom Cruise's interviews after M:I5, and he had such a different attitude. He's older than Daniel Craig and can still go through an interview without being miserable.

It could have something to do with what he values most in his life. I know people who are so immersed in their work that they neglect their families. These people either wind up resenting their work because they would prefer to spend that time with family, or they are satisfied because their work is more important to them anyway. Perhaps Craig has started resenting his work on Bond because it requires him to spend so much time away from his family and that comes through on the interviews. We have no idea what type of a personal toll it might take on him. Comparing him to other movie stars is fruitless.
    Matt S wrote:

It could have something to do with what he values most in his life. I know people who are so immersed in their work that they neglect their families. These people either wind up resenting their work because they would prefer to spend that time with family, or they are satisfied because their work is more important to them anyway. Perhaps Craig has started resenting his work on Bond because it requires him to spend so much time away from his family and that comes through on the interviews. We have no idea what type of a personal toll it might take on him. Comparing him to other movie stars is fruitless.

If that were true, it still doesn't give him an excuse to have such a bad attitude towards it. It's disrespectful to not only the fans but even more to all the people who worked on the films with him.
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    I have always travelled a lot in my jobs and generally love it. It doesn't matter whether it's luxury or rock-bottom budget. I love discovering new places and re-discovering old ones and I know I am very lucky. However, there have been numerous times towards the end of a particularly long and gruelling trip that I have certainly thought - and possibly even said out loud- I would rather slash my wrists than go through that again. After unpacking, having a hot shower, a home-cooked meal, sleeping in my own bed for a couple of nights and wearing clean clothes I am already looking forward to my next trip. I suspect that there's some of that same thought process in DC's comments.
    Has anyone thought,what Daniel is really big into
    Self-Harming ! And he Really would like to cut himself
    than do another Bond ? ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Matt S wrote:

Yeah, but Tom Cruise, bless him, is a bona fide crazy person who worships a space alien. I'll take Daniel Craig's real talk any day. As long as he gives the actual filming his all, what he says in the press doesn't color that for me.
  • philwongnzphilwongnz Posts: 65MI6 Agent
    I am gonna be slaughtered here, whether his quote was correct or wrong, beside Bond can we think of any iconic film he has done which the acting or his presence had "made" the movie?

I enjoy his Bond films and I am sure there might be valid reasons why he might say that (fall out with director or studio) but I guess one has to be professional as the film is about to premier - what kind of mix message is he sending??

I semi enjoy some of his offerings (Layer cake was one of my favourite), but he's no Tom Hardy. Although Locke was "quite subdue" the acting was very engaging. I still yet to see Legend, but the trailer looks pretty damn good.

Saying the above, I am looking forward to Spectre, will be watching it on the first day!
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    Ever stop to think that this "interview" stuff is a bunch of tabloid BS. I find it interesting that an interview that took place months ago is just starting to see the light of day. With regards to Tom Cruise, he is very adept and well prepared to do very friendly, smiley, tell them what they want to hear, promotional interviews spoken in friendly "celeb speak". Not a knock on Cruise, a friend of mine who worked as an extra on one of his films said Cruise was very professional, pleasant and engaging to everyone on the set during filming. I think Craig enjoys "having it on" a bit with the press, especially the tabs. You can't be sarcastic with the tabs as they will take anything literally and run with it.
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    Time Out isn't famous for tabloid journalism, so I don't think this is made-up. As for the delay in reporting, DC did all his interviews shortly after filming had been completed but they were embargoed by the studio until now. That's why all of these articles and interviews are being published now rather than at the time.
  • perdoggperdogg Posts: 432MI6 Agent
    It sounds like a lot of you have battered wife syndrome.
    "And if I told you that I'm from the Ministry of Defence?" James Bond - The Property of a Lady
  • JagJag Posts: 1,167MI6 Agent
    Come on, Daniel, it’s high time to move on!

I’m going to stop reading Craig interviews. They’re just a waste of time – he says nothing new, he backflips, he can’t decide either way. What drugs is he on? He comes across as an ungrateful, spoilt brat, and his language is disgusting too. Bond make him famous, and he doesn't see’ to realise it, from the way he talks about the role. Time to bring the real Bond back again – one who has some personality and a sense of humour. I don't really care if it is Elba or anyone else. If Daniel Craig can play Bond, anyone can.

Brosnan was considered the best when he was in the role – and then the bashing started. Time for Craig-bashing is coming soon!
    perdogg wrote:
    It sounds like a lot of you have battered wife syndrome.

+1
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    Jag wrote:
    If Daniel Craig can play Bond, anyone can.

How do I put this politely? RUBBISH!

Carry on. :007)
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    Jag wrote:
    Time to bring the real Bond back again – one who has some personality and a sense of humour. I don't really care if it is Elba or anyone else. If Daniel Craig can play Bond, anyone can.

Brosnan was considered the best when he was in the role – and then the bashing started. Time for Craig-bashing is coming soon!

:)) Fantastic.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
    Jag wrote:
    If Daniel Craig can play Bond, anyone can.

How do I put this politely? RUBBISH!

Carry on. :007)

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but watch this space once the first movie with the new actor is released. It will be a genuine Craig bloodbath, and I promise I won't even be part of it! I will be getting my popcorn ready then. :))
    Perhaps. There's a bit of that with every regime change 8-) But numbers don't lie.
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    My OCD wants DC to do more bond films than PB
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
    I think Craig is the Connery for a new generation. ;)
    Jarvio wrote:

Agreed! {[] Hoping for a tie with Sir Sean. Probably too much to hope for, though.
    Jarvio wrote:

Agreed! {[] Hoping for a tie with Sir Sean. Probably too much to hope for, though.

What happened to "quality over quantity"?