Craig would rather slit his own wrists than play Bond again.

Comments

• LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    I think Craig is the Connery for a new generation. ;)

I agree with that as well. He has made it his own in a way much like Connery did, IMO, benefitting from the reboot. Connery only gets slagged for the end of his Bond career, really. I would expect the Craig Haters, once they finally emerge from their bunkers ( :p ) after his tenure, to draw attention to his later ones.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
    edited October 2015
    Jag wrote:
    Jarvio wrote:
    My OCD wants DC to do more bond films than PB

Agreed! {[] Hoping for a tie with Sir Sean. Probably too much to hope for, though.

What happened to "quality over quantity"?

Happily, we're getting high quality at present, if critics and box office are anything to go by. But of course Tosca isn't for everyone ;) Nothing lasts forever though, and I hope you can manage to enjoy what happens while you wait for Bond to be made right for you again -{
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    The interview totally contradicts what he says in that Sunday Mail interview.

I think he is just goofing around creating huge publicity
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    welshboy78 wrote:
    The interview totally contradicts what he says in that Sunday Mail interview.

I think he is just goofing around creating huge publicity

He's been doing it since the junket for CR...and it works every time. Like shooting fish in a barrel.
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    Jag wrote:
    Jag wrote:
    If Daniel Craig can play Bond, anyone can.

How do I put this politely? RUBBISH!

Carry on. :007)

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but watch this space once the first movie with the new actor is released. It will be a genuine Craig bloodbath, and I promise I won't even be part of it! I will be getting my popcorn ready then. :))

Sounds like a bit of wishful thinking, my friend, but I guess we'll see.
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I remember reading that many actors tell different stories to
    different reporters. Just to break up the day of interview after
    interview. :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • JagJag Posts: 1,167MI6 Agent
    Not a bad article here:

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/lostinshowbiz/2015/oct/08/daniel-craig-doesnt-want-to-play-bond-prop-him-up-at-bar

"That’s the James Bond we want to see. And we should want Daniel Craig to play him, right up until the moment he demonstrates the slightest glimmer of enthusiasm for the role. Then he’s out. Because that just wouldn’t be British."
    UK rags are the best {[] And they will find an audience...clearly.
    If only there was some way, they could. I don't know. Hack
    his phone to get the real story ? Although, I couldn't see our
    Wonderful papers ever even thinking of doing that. :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    There's another way... anyone has Craig's address? I'm willing to post him some shattered glass, this way we will soon see if he is trustworthy or not! :)) :)) :))
    Jag wrote:
    There's another way... anyone has Craig's address? I'm willing to post him some shattered glass, this way we will soon see if he is trustworthy or not! :)) :)) :))

This is why the man no doubt hires security :)) Poor man just needs a holiday.
    Of course he hires security, and heaven forbid anyone should see this as some kind of a threat! I would certainly hope to see him emerge alive the next day, and we would have our answer. Unless, of course, he is a pathological liar, but at this stage I won't be assuming the worst. 8-)
    I say we send in Lexi to get the truth out of him. :p :))
  • UnderwaterBattle007UnderwaterBattle007 Posts: 284MI6 Agent
    Virgil37 wrote:
    I don't believe the hype. They probably took just that phrase, and deleted what he said before or after. He'll be back for 25, and then leave. That's my guess.

I just hope Bond 25 is sooner rather than later, by that I mean a two year break rather than a three year break.
    FRWl, CR, OHMSS, TSWLM, SF, GF, TLD, LTK, TND, FYEO, OP,TWINE, GE, LALD, TB, SPECTRE, DN, YOLT, TMWTGG, QOS, MR, DAF, DAD, AVTAK, NTTD.

"Do you expect me to talk? "No Mister Bond I expect you to die"
  • HatThrowingHenchmanHatThrowingHenchman Russia With LovePosts: 1,834MI6 Agent
    this really p*sses me off:
    http://m.bild.de/unterhaltung/leute/daniel-craig/james-bond-hoert-auf-42945514.bildMobile.html
    this newspaper has a really bad reputation here in Germany and I can see why. out of a shabby research, they now state that DC will stop now and SP is his last film like it is already confirmed! X-( X-( X-(
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
    this really p*sses me off:
    http://m.bild.de/unterhaltung/leute/daniel-craig/james-bond-hoert-auf-42945514.bildMobile.html
    this newspaper has a really bad reputation here in Germany and I can see why. out of a shabby research, they now state that DC will stop now and SP is his last film like it is already confirmed! X-( X-( X-(

"Lost in Translation"? :)) :)) :))
  • HatThrowingHenchmanHatThrowingHenchman Russia With LovePosts: 1,834MI6 Agent
    don't bother translating it, it's full of...
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
    Good piece, well written and researched. :))
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,349Chief of Staff
    the Craig Haters, once they finally emerge from their bunkers ( :p )

AA_OLD_MAN_2.jpg

Been here all along...
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent

Can you imagine how tedious it is to be constantly asked the same questions over and over no matter how much you enjoy playing a role?

It would drive me insane and with something like Bond it's magnified because its so iconic. The actor playing Bond carries the whole franchise on their shoulders and never escapes. Craig is not comfortable when it comes to promotion/press/interviews. Todays obsession with selfies and social media just makes it all worse. probably can't go out for a meal without someone wanting a photo or asking about Bond.

Tim Dalton was exactly the same when playing Bond. He's only mellowed over time and after many years not playing Bond. He made a comment just near the very end of filming 'Penny Dreadful' about how dank and miserable it had been filming in Ireland. Said he'd constantly been in the dark. That remark came after 6+ months filming. Tim also had his big falling out with John Glen right at the end of filming 'Licence To Kill.'

Asking actors about a project directly after filming is always going to produce interesting comments especially if its been long and tiring

Yeah, but Tom Cruise, bless him, is a bona fide crazy person who worships a space alien.

That made me actually LOL.
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    edited October 2015
    Mm.

Of course, if Craig does hate promoting the films, the press interviews, the paps intrusion and the apparently inability to go for a quiet beer with a few mates, then perhaps he genuinely is thinking about jacking it all in.

He has established a certain name awareness in his industry, that industry knows his strengths (and weaknesses). He is very comfortably wealthy; unless he actually starts to have to pay for clothing/takes too many First Class flights/develops a coke habit, he will never starve.

Obscurity, could, therefore, genuinely be a consideration for him; does he actually need the grief that goes with Bond anymore?
  • Gala BrandGala Brand Posts: 1,172MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    Wow, you guys are taking this offhand comment so personally!

It's not just one comment, it's every interview he has done since filming ended. I saw Tom Cruise's interviews after M:I5, and he had such a different attitude. He's older than Daniel Craig and can still go through an interview without being miserable.

Cruise is entitled to 22% of first dollar gross of the Mission Impossible franchise, so it's a different situation.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent

Roger Moore has been saying exactly the same thing in every interview he's given over the past 40 years. He must be the most consistent celebrity I've ever heard. I wonder if he gets bored of saying the same things all the time.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    I think Sir Roger probably does a lot of interviews on automatic pilot.

I just don't buy into the notion that because someone is successful and made a lot of money they have to behave like a buffoon with an idiotic grin saying 'I'm so grateful' all the time. Some appreciation and interaction of fans is good but not every second of every day.

Benedict Cumberbatch is pretty good with those kinds of things but when he made a reasonable request for people to stop filming him whilst performing Hamlet he was accused of being a Diva. Even the saintly George Clooney has had his moments.

Daniel Craig is not alone. Harrison Ford is very prickly to interview and De Niro is notorious.
  • Virgil37Virgil37 Posts: 1,212MI6 Agent
    My guess is that this is part of EON's strategy, very much like the "Rolling Stones last tour" tag line.
    Barbel wrote:
    the Craig Haters, once they finally emerge from their bunkers ( :p )

AA_OLD_MAN_2.jpg

Been here all along...

:)) Yes. Yes, you have.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    edited October 2015
    Well, we obviously have all fallen to the same trap:

This is what he said: "Now? I’d rather break this glass and slash my wrist"

The emphasis is on "Now?"

Later in the article it's still elaborated: ".... and stressed that he needs a good long vacation before even considering coming back."

Prime example for what tabloids do and how they do.
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    Precisely - typical newspapers being selective with wording for their headlines
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    I see that AC and Penfold Heart pointed this out already {[]
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    I'm sure seeing it in the paper made Babs & Mike frown...and then they probably said: "Make sure he has a nap before we put him on Jimmy Fallon." :))