Budget Bond Collectors Resource

Comments

• ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    canoe2 wrote:
    Chriscoop wrote:
    I've recently been updating my shawl collar cardigan collection. I've added a khaki / olive green version ala dc Vodafone ad, which I've paired with a similar tone t shirt. Also a decent rag and bone avery grey alternative from m&s. I will post links shortly.

Pics!
    Granted, real world pics coming soon :D
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    In the wild pics of above mentioned cardigans.

20170306_172429.jpg

20170306_172458.jpg
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,155MI6 Agent
    Good look Chris , me I'm struggling to find a decent black one
    Chriscoop wrote:
    In the wild pics of above mentioned cardigans.

20170306_172429.jpg

20170306_172458.jpg
    007 reporting for duty
    Cheers Chris, maybe you'll have to wait for the royale Filmwear one dans bringing to us shortly or theres the urban outfitters one reduced to a tenner!
    canoe2 wrote:
    Threw together a quick affordable alternative layout based on DC's look in that Omaze campaign. Even brought my own puppy!

Daniel-Craig-Omaze-Flatlay-IG.jpg

Enjoy the weekend everyone! {[]
    Got this one covered too -{

20170306_195702.jpg
  • Martin AstonMartin Aston LondonPosts: 408MI6 Agent
    Chris, have you got links to both of these cardigans please as I can't find the grey one on the M&S site.
    Thanks

Chriscoop wrote:
    I've recently been updating my shawl collar cardigan collection. I've added a khaki / olive green version ala dc Vodafone ad, which I've paired with a similar tone t shirt. Also a decent rag and bone avery grey alternative from m&s.
    We are all familiar with this one, £28.10 via Amazon prime, decent size range
    Screenshot_20170306_123832.png
    I struggled to find a decent textured cotton grey item with patch pockets to replace my very old, very worm avery but I settled on this one, again most sizes available

Screenshot_20170306_123946.png
    edited March 2017
    Chris, have you got links to both of these cardigans please as I can't find the grey one on the M&S site.
    Thanks

Chriscoop wrote:
    I've recently been updating my shawl collar cardigan collection. I've added a khaki / olive green version ala dc Vodafone ad, which I've paired with a similar tone t shirt. Also a decent rag and bone avery grey alternative from m&s.
    We are all familiar with this one, £28.10 via Amazon prime, decent size range
    Screenshot_20170306_123832.png
    I struggled to find a decent textured cotton grey item with patch pockets to replace my very old, very worm avery but I settled on this one, again most sizes available

Screenshot_20170306_123946.png
    Here's the m and s one, but amazingly it's showing out of stock in both colours?? And since I posted yesterday they've been on sale and sold out of all sizes??? Very strange indeed. I only ordered mine on the 26th of Feb and all sizes were available. May be worth keeping a check on the site.
    http://www.marksandspencer.com/pure-cotton-textured-cardigan/p/p22489278?extid=ps_gglpla_UK_Gen_,Men%20_PLAMen%20--%3E%20M&S%20Collection%20--%3E%20M&S%20Collection%20Clothing%20--%3E%20Jumpers%20&%20Cardigans_M&S%20Pure%20Cotton%20Textured%20Cardigan%20LIGHT%20GREY%20XX%20L&s_kwcid=AL!2750!3!176557267890!!!g!124876335616!&device=m&ef_id=WKq7hQAAADXTohN_:20170226072059:s

I don't believe it!! This one is now out of stock as well! What's going on?
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00ZR6FSTK/ref=mp_s_a_1_19?ie=UTF8&qid=1488631470&sr=8-19-spons&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=mens%2Bshawl%2Bcollared%2Bcardigan&psc=1&th=1

If anyone can explain how both these cardigans sold out overnight I'd love to hear it.

The olive cardigan is available from Vincenzo Boretti direct but for 129 Eur
    http://shop.vincenzo-boretti.com/en/knit-und-jackets/Default.aspx?TY=2&ST=1&IT=1445&CT=25&LG=en
  • canoe2canoe2 Posts: 2,007MI6 Agent
    @Chriscoop: people love your sense of style; women want to be with you and men want to be you. There'll always be a mad rush to acquire, by whatever means necessary, the products you recommend :D

Seriously, I've had that happen to me more times than I care to count: spend a couple of days getting a post ready, just about to publish it, double check the links and find out that one of my "Best Options" has sold out (black shawl collar cardigans X-( ). It happens sometimes at the end of a season when brands are flipping to new stock and taking old products off the site. And more often with "Sale" items. Could also be that, since that Vodafone ad, a lot more people have been looking for green cardigans.

BIG NEWS!

I've been working pretty hard on a new section of the site (which is why my posting has lapsed) and I'm happy to report it will be ready to launch in about 2 weeks.

IA Classified(s) are coming!

The service will be completely free to use and will be set up as a kind of mini-ebay or very-focused-Grailed for us fans of Bond, Craig, McQueen, etc. style. I'm also enlisting the help of some of my thrifting friends to find and source new products for the site.

Of course, I will always recommend listing the things you want to buy/sell/trade here of AJB007 as well! But my hope is that with this service in place you will be able to reach a wider target market more easily and find more affordable options than before.

The Classified(s) will be starting life as fairly basic service. But over time I will be adding more functions and features. And, of course, if anyone here has any suggestions, please let me know!

More details to come as I get closer to the launch date!
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Sounds excellent canoe! I hope it all goes well -{
    canoe2 wrote:
    @Chriscoop: people love your sense of style; women want to be with you and men want to be you. There'll always be a mad rush to acquire, by whatever means necessary, the products you recommend :D

Seriously, I've had that happen to me more times than I care to count: spend a couple of days getting a post ready, just about to publish it, double check the links and find out that one of my "Best Options" has sold out (black shawl collar cardigans X-( ). It happens sometimes at the end of a season when brands are flipping to new stock and taking old products off the site. And more often with "Sale" items. Could also be that, since that Vodafone ad, a lot more people have been looking for green cardigans.

BIG NEWS!

I've been working pretty hard on a new section of the site (which is why my posting has lapsed) and I'm happy to report it will be ready to launch in about 2 weeks.

IA Classified(s) are coming!

The service will be completely free to use and will be set up as a kind of mini-ebay or very-focused-Grailed for us fans of Bond, Craig, McQueen, etc. style. I'm also enlisting the help of some of my thrifting friends to find and source new products for the site.

Of course, I will always recommend listing the things you want to buy/sell/trade here of AJB007 as well! But my hope is that with this service in place you will be able to reach a wider target market more easily and find more affordable options than before.

The Classified(s) will be starting life as fairly basic service. But over time I will be adding more functions and features. And, of course, if anyone here has any suggestions, please let me know!

More details to come as I get closer to the launch date!
    Very exciting news canoe2, looking forward to it -{
  • Secret SquirrelSecret Squirrel Posts: 28MI6 Agent
    J_Crew_Skyfall_Sweater.jpg

Thoughts on this J Crew alternative to the N.Peal Oxford Round sweater in the Skyfall lodge scene? It seems a pretty close color, it's 100% cashmere, plus its on sale!

https://factory.jcrew.com/mens-clothing/sweaters/cashmere/PRDOVR~F6093/F6093.jsp?color_name=hthr-starlight
    It'll get the job done, for sure! But if you're not familiar with J.Crew Factory, just know that their cashmere sweaters are paper thin. {[]
  • James BrosnanJames Brosnan Posts: 865MI6 Agent

Thoughts on this J Crew alternative to the N.Peal Oxford Round sweater in the Skyfall lodge scene? It seems a pretty close color, it's 100% cashmere, plus its on sale!

https://factory.jcrew.com/mens-clothing/sweaters/cashmere/PRDOVR~F6093/F6093.jsp?color_name=hthr-starlight

That is a nice color, but I would echo what canoe2 is saying and add that JCrew Factor makes really cheap clothing. These outlet and factory stores make the same clothes as their Big Brothers/Sisters, but with much cheaper materials and less effective manufacturing processes. I would recommend waiting until something similar pops up on JCrew proper and catch it on sale. When on Sale, JCrew provides a great price/quality ratio.
    "Whoever she was, I must have scared the living daylights out of her." & "Tell mother I died game."
    CR/QoS, TLD, DN, GE, TSWLM, LTK, TND, TWiNE, TMWTGG, TB
    http://www.iconicalternatives.com/author/james-brosnan/
    https://www.instagram.com/shawn.michael.bongiorno/
  • Colonel PotterColonel Potter Posts: 44MI6 Agent

That is a nice color, but I would echo what canoe2 is saying and add that JCrew Factor makes really cheap clothing. These outlet and factory stores make the same clothes as their Big Brothers/Sisters, but with much cheaper materials and less effective manufacturing processes. I would recommend waiting until something similar pops up on JCrew proper and catch it on sale. When on Sale, JCrew provides a great price/quality ratio.

I have to add my input as well. I am a big fan of JCrew, but when it comes to JCrew Factory, I have been thoroughly disappointed with every purchase. Every sweater I have received, including one cashmere, came pilly and unlike it was represented in photo. As an example, one that I bought around Christmas was in the Goodwill bag in January. Just a head's up.

However, its a great looking alternative online!
    Chriscoop wrote:
    canoe2 wrote:
    Threw together a quick affordable alternative layout based on DC's look in that Omaze campaign. Even brought my own puppy!

Daniel-Craig-Omaze-Flatlay-IG.jpg

Enjoy the weekend everyone! {[]
    Got this one covered too -{

20170306_195702.jpg

Very cool...

I dig the look, but I invite suggestions as to in what type of setting/occasion this outfit would work. I've also wondering the same about the "Morocco" jacket/tie look with boots and cuffed chinos. It seems as though the tie adds a level of formality that's hard to coordinate with what's below the waste. Anyone?
    I wore my morrocco jacket, tie and chinos with boots to a wedding evening do, I'd wear the above outfit to a similar affair. Also wore both morrocco looks last year, the suede jacket and polo during the day and just swapped to the jacket and tie for dinner.
  • angelicbondangelicbond Posts: 194MI6 Agent
    This is my version of the Omaze outfit:

image.jpg

I'm wearing it tonight to meet some friends for dinner and drinks. It's not as formal as a full suit, but formal enough for a nice restaurant and bar. I think that's the best way to go with this particular outfit.
    Instagram: mybudgetbond
    Twitter: @mybudgetbond1
    This is my version of the Omaze outfit:

image.jpg

I'm wearing it tonight to meet some friends for dinner and drinks. It's not as formal as a full suit, but formal enough for a nice restaurant and bar. I think that's the best way to go with this particular outfit.
    Agreed, are you very tall angelicbond?
    Chriscoop wrote:

No I'm not... Just good at taking photos at an angle that makes me look tall:-)
    Chriscoop wrote:

No I'm not... Just good at taking photos at an angle that makes me look tall:-)
    Remarkable, dc should try that trick :)
    He's actually taller than me!
    He's actually taller than me!
    Then he needs a selfie with you, that one with the giant oriental guy did him no favours at all :)
  • Secret SquirrelSecret Squirrel Posts: 28MI6 Agent

I have to add my input as well. I am a big fan of JCrew, but when it comes to JCrew Factory, I have been thoroughly disappointed with every purchase. Every sweater I have received, including one cashmere, came pilly and unlike it was represented in photo. As an example, one that I bought around Christmas was in the Goodwill bag in January. Just a head's up.

However, its a great looking alternative online!

Goodness, I was ready to purchase immediately but I'm glad I asked first. You do get what you pay for and 100% cashmere at the price does seem to good to be true. I'm still searching for a frugal N.Peal alternative that isn't made of cotton or acrylic. Does anyone have experience with the John Lewis or Mark & Spencer jumpers?
    Chriscoop and angelicbond: forgot to say, "Great work on those Omaze looks!" Cool if I use them in the Gallery?
    canoe2 wrote:
    Chriscoop and angelicbond: forgot to say, "Great work on those Omaze looks!" Cool if I use them in the Gallery?
    Always canoe2 always -{
    Chriscoop wrote:
    canoe2 wrote:
    Always canoe2 always -{

I agree - looks cool and thanks for the suggestions!!
  • Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
    Goodness, I was ready to purchase immediately but I'm glad I asked first. You do get what you pay for and 100% cashmere at the price does seem to good to be true. I'm still searching for a frugal N.Peal alternative that isn't made of cotton or acrylic. Does anyone have experience with the John Lewis or Mark & Spencer jumpers?

M+S did a close crew neck in wool last year - not seen it this year but probably floating around somewhere (I have one I will have to dig it out). Looks fine under the To Ki To close up and from a distance.

Cheers :007)

Edit see below

image.jpg
    My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
  • OrnithologistOrnithologist BerlinPosts: 584MI6 Agent
    Can't check for other countries but the H&M Mr White jacket is down to 29,99€ and still available in L, XL on the German website.

http://www.hm.com/de/product/52582?article=52582-B

There is also this dirt cheap pair of Islay alternatives which hardly deserve that title though

http://www.hm.com/de/product/53276?article=53276-A
    "I'm afraid I'm a complicated woman. "
    "- That is something to be afraid of."
    canoe2 wrote:

Work away!
  • drum007drum007 New York, NYPosts: 684MI6 Agent
    Looking for alternatives to the Prada QOS belt. Didn't see any on the IA website. Any thoughts from the committee?