Bond 25, shooting news and Rumours. ( possible Spoilers)

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Interesting :)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    Seems something is set in motion after all, a small but intresting piece of information:

http://thebondbulletin.com/bond-25-production-acquires-bell-helicopter-germany

That's a fun tidbit, especially if true! :)
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • DutchfingerDutchfinger Holland With LovePosts: 1,240MI6 Agent
    Seems something is set in motion after all, a small but intresting piece of information:

http://thebondbulletin.com/bond-25-production-acquires-bell-helicopter-germany

That's a fun tidbit, especially if true! :)

It's crazy how much something as small as this can get us fans excited! It comes to show how long we've been waiting for any news at all! Still though, hoping to get something a little bit more major soon!
    Better known as DutchBondFan on YouTube. My 007 movie reviews: Recapping 007
    YouTube channel Support my channel on Patreon Twitter Facebook fanpage
    Hey, don't knock small things getting people excited, ... as you get older
    you'll understand ! :D :p
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Hey, don't knock small things getting people excited, ... as you get older
    you'll understand ! :D :p

:)) :))
  • sniperUKsniperUK UlsterPosts: 594MI6 Agent
    UH-1D, bit of an antique .There are at least two flying in the UK one in Vietnam war colours G-HUIH the other is white and used for lifting contracts. Not a fan of these in non 60s 70s based movies too out dated.
    But easily brought down with a single shot from a PPK ? ;)
  • Gala BrandGala Brand Posts: 1,172MI6 Agent
    Hmmm, a Bond film with a helicopter. That's some outside the box thinking right there.
  • ToTheRightToTheRight Posts: 314MI6 Agent
    Helicopter, Aston Martin, Wet Nellie, at this point I'm so thrilled there has been some movement on B25 confirmed I wouldn't care if Eon had purchased a vintage Big Wheel.
    As Sir Roger might say, here we are getting all excited over a chopper ! :)
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    Gala Brand wrote:
    Hmmm, a Bond film with a helicopter. That's some outside the box thinking right there.
    :))
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent
    What if the helicopter is for the press event announcing the next actor to play Bond?
  • armenianmoviemanarmenianmovieman The 818Posts: 674MI6 Agent
    This is pretty crazy but last night (or 2 nights ago) I had a dream in which a press conference was beginning about the future of Bond.......... but I woke up before we found out if Craig would be recast. :(

I honestly can't imagine Craig leaving. I truly think he'll come back for at least one more, but I imagine Babs and Michael would want him to commit 3-4 more movies.

If Roger Moore had 7 movies, why can't Daniel Craig?
    Yes. Consssssiderably.
  • HarveyMushmanHarveyMushman Posts: 333MI6 Agent
    Because the physical effort that goes in to making a Bond film today is completely different to that of Roger Moore's era, so is the money but when you have 10's of millions I image it becomes less enticing and you'd want to focus more on your family/home life/other projects.

We see Craig as Bond for 1.5-2 hours once every few years he sees himself as Bond for 12+ months at a time so naturally a lot will want to see him back...he's probably had enough.

That said I'd really like him to come back for one or two more as I think he's a great Bond for the current generation and franchise.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent

1. Craig's movies aren't made roughly every two years like Moore's were. Moore's 7 movies were made over a 12-year span, whereas Craig maybe will do 5 movies in the same span.
    2. Craig's movies are far more physically taxing than Moore's are.
    3. Craig has a desire to do other things in his career, while Roger Moore wasn't in such demand and was happy to keep getting a paycheck.
    4. Craig has not aged as well as Moore has, and his face already looks about the same as Moore's did when Moore was 55. It shouldn't have been a big deal that Monica Bellucci was older than Daniel Craig because she looked younger than he did anyway.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,760MI6 Agent
    Seeing that helicopter makes me a little nervous. Period piece set in the 60's? 8-) I sure hope not.
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:

1. Craig's movies aren't made roughly every two years like Moore's were. Moore's 7 movies were made over a 12-year span, whereas Craig maybe will do 5 movies in the same span.
    3. Craig has a desire to do other things in his career, while Roger Moore wasn't in such demand and was happy to keep getting a paycheck.
    4. Craig has not aged as well as Moore has, and his face already looks about the same as Moore's did when Moore was 55. It shouldn't have been a big deal that Monica Bellucci was older than Daniel Craig because she looked younger than he did anyway.
    I'm baffled how some think Craig will be in two more films. If he does return it will only be for one more film. Like you said just one of these films is extremely taxing physically and though hes in great shape the guy is nearly 50 now and past his prime for character. His freshly botoxed face in Spectre was an indication that his tenure is nearing its end.
    Matt S wrote:

I dunno. Looking at photos from the film Craig is currently shooting, he looks 10-15 years younger than his actual age (48).

Maybe it was the lighting.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4196618/Daniel-Craig-hangs-LAMPPOST-shooting-film-Kings.html
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    I'm baffled how some think Craig will be in two more films. If he does return it will only be for one more film. Like you said just one of these films is extremely taxing physically and though hes in great shape the guy is nearly 50 now and past his prime for character. His freshly botoxed face in Spectre was an indication that his tenure is nearing its end.

Nothing is baffling and everything is baffling because we have no real information at this time. All we have is our theories, guesses, hopes and wishful thinking. Was Craig's face the result of botox in SPECTRE? Maybe, maybe not. Could have just as well been better make-up, good lighting, CGI, or a splash in the fountain of youth......baffling isn't it? Seriously though, botox or whatever the illusion of more youthful appearence is part of movie magic and the use of these artificial techniques should not disqualify an actor from a role unless as long as the illusion looks real. That all being said, your point about just one more for Craig is based upon sound logic IMO, especially given the timeframes between films these days. I think we all just want to know where this is headed.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Gala Brand wrote:
    Matt S wrote:

I dunno. Looking at photos from the film Craig is currently shooting, he looks 10-15 years younger than his actual age (48).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4196618/Daniel-Craig-hangs-LAMPPOST-shooting-film-Kings.html

True, he is looking much younger here than he looked in Skyfall and Spectre.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    It's the haircut.
  • HarveyMushmanHarveyMushman Posts: 333MI6 Agent
    I don't believe DC "looks" too old for Bond, especially if the studio continue running the current story line. Part of his ageing could have been done on purpose, it could be down to the film used to give a grittier/grainy approach to match the film style and filming in 4k is not going to help matters either, something which Moore didn't have the privilege of.

We have caught DC's particular Bond character/story line 15 or so years in to his MI6 career and will have the pleasure of watching him in his last 15 or so, one more film lines his story up nicely and I think Oberhauser's part in Spectre was too short to be done with it, especially after the previous 3 films were effectively building up to it, it was over to quickly and actually too easily.

Naturally with the story line progressing over each film he is going to age, retire then get replaced. I don't think his character is at retiring age just yet .... it just depends if DC feels like he is.
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,760MI6 Agent
    Everything we know (which admittedly isn't much) tends to point toward Craig being finished with it. The more I think about it, it also makes sense for both Craig and EON to keep quiet even if he is done. He gets the benefit of still technically being Bond to build hype for his current projects, and EON gets to build suspense for the reveal of the new guy.
  • zaphod99zaphod99 Posts: 1,415MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    Gala Brand wrote:
    Matt S wrote:

True, he is looking much younger here than he looked in Skyfall and Spectre.

You are kidding right? That is a terrible look. In that get up and that terrible hair nobody could look good. He's not playing James Bond so no need to look like him, but I think he looked good in Spectre and if the next Bond was in the can or even in production it would not be a problem.Trouble is that we have no idea how far off the next movie is and even Daniel's own Mother would struggle to say he's aging well.
    O
    Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
    Sorry I'm a bit late to the party regarding the helicopter story. If accurate, that is intriguing information, not so much to do with whether Craig is returning or not but one would have to ask why would EON be purchasing an old helicopter if nothing was in the works. This is all just rumination on my part but maybe there is a version of a script that is close enough to a finished product that calls for a helicopter. I don't think EON would just buy an old helicopter because it was a good investment to stash away for use in the distant future. I just keep getting this gut feeling that an official announcement regarding Bond 25 is coming this spring. -{
  • armenianmoviemanarmenianmovieman The 818Posts: 674MI6 Agent
    As an optimist, there's plenty of possibilities for the purchase:

1. As 4k Blu-Ray is picking up steam, perhaps EON is filming a bonus feature for the inevitable 4K Bond set to be out this holiday season?

1b. EON is filming some kind of short promo film for charity.

2. Perhaps someone at EON just wanted to buy the chopper for personal use? It won't be returned, according to the article. Maybe MGW or BB or another higher-up is a collector and has a deal with the museum: someone at EON gets to buy the chopper, and the museum can drum up publicity for itself by saying it will be for the next Bond flick. This, of course, gets a good buzz for Bond and EON as well.

2b. A deal has been struck with the major studio that will be distributing the film and this is a gift for the CEO\President from EON's behalf.

2c. A gift for Daniel?

3. A Bond exhibit of some kind... but why THIS chopper?

4. A flashback scene for the next film?

Daniel made 3 movies between Quantum and Skyfall (Dream House, Cowboys, Dragon Tattoo) and a play with Huge Jacked Man.

With Logan (according to IMDB) possibly having written Bond 24 and 25 back to back, this would be a great opportunity for Daniel to star in his own things (so far he has 3 movies: the Soderbergh movie in the can, the LA Riot movie filming now, and there's also Purity which is a 20 episode commitment which should shoot in a few months I assume) and then come right back with a fresh and rested mind, go over the script with writers and director, make sure it flows well, makes sense, etc. As he did for Skyfall. But this is just more optimism.

I posted a bit earlier that I think EON will try to get Daniel to commit to more than 1 movie, but I honestly think that as long as they have Daniel, it'll be wait and see, as it is now: make the movie, everyone does their own thing for a while, and then the next one is out in 3-4 years. No committing or forcing these actors (well, mostly Craig) to star in something: they should just take time off from Bond then come back if they're feeling it.

But for the next actor, whoever it is, will definitely be getting a commitment more than Daniel's 5 pictures, IMO. Something we hear about so much more now thanks to Marvel. (They've always happened, but hearing about Marvel stars negotiating and having 6 or 9 picture deals makes me think EON will want something similarly big for the next Bond star.)
    Yes. Consssssiderably.
    What if the helicopter is for the press event announcing the next actor to play Bond?

Didn't even consider that! They did something similar with Craig with that boat after all! Nice one!
    (Hope it isn't though, still have some hopes for Craig returning!)
  • UnderwaterBattle007UnderwaterBattle007 Posts: 284MI6 Agent
    Interesting article in the Daily Express, which indicates Bond 25 pre production is in full flow and that the helicopter will be blown up as part of a huge stunt.

http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/films/765249/James-Bond-25-news-updates-first-look-photos-on-set-filming-production-Daniel-Craig
    FRWl, CR, OHMSS, TSWLM, SF, GF, TLD, LTK, TND, FYEO, OP,TWINE, GE, LALD, TB, SPECTRE, DN, YOLT, TMWTGG, QOS, MR, DAF, DAD, AVTAK, NTTD.

"Do you expect me to talk? "No Mister Bond I expect you to die"
    Quoting from the MI6 story "Museum director Clemens Aulich, 55, told CEN that the aircraft is functional but cannot fly on its own power. According to local reports in Germany, the chopper is set to be transferred to London Heathrow ahead of 'filming in a few weeks.'
    That would certainly prevent any plans for the new Bond to be choppered in on that helicopter. More than likely if EON was going to have the new Bond flown in on a helicopter ala Craig and the boat they would just charter one (or do something with the military). The idea of some sort of elaborate promotional film to introduce a new Bond is possible (I would doubt it as I don't think EON would want to focus any unneeded scutiny upon a new Bond actor before they even actually take on the role). Could they be planning an elaborate short promo film utilizing the helicopter for effects (tied in with a product sponsor of course to pick up the tab) to announce Craig's return and segway into a press conference to announce Bond 25 (there would have to be some reference in the promo by Craig as Bond to "rather slit my wrists"). Other possibilities are that Craig or a new Bond, Bond 25 will begin shooting sooner than we think for a fall 2018 release or that the story is a bunch of made-up hoo-ha.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,804MI6 Agent
    There are a couple of things that make me doubt this report. First of all, the article claims the helicopter "is now allegedly set to be transferred to London Heathrow ahead of James Bond filming in a few weeks, according to local media." In a few weeks? It's completely unbeliveable to me that filming starts in a few weeks.

Second, will EON go for an American director with only two directing jobs under his belt? Not likely.
This discussion has been closed.