Bond 25, shooting news and Rumours. ( possible Spoilers)

Comments

• welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    I think the filming in a few weeks been added on by the papers to make it sound more a scoop :)
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,760MI6 Agent
    I think it's just clever wording. It could also be read as "the helicopter will be transferred in a few weeks."
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,804MI6 Agent
    The story about the helicopter might be true, but it strikes me that both Skyfall and SPECTRE had helicopter crashes figuring prominantly in the story.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    Maybe its one of the fleet of helicopters that doesn't survive when they bust Blofeld out the nick :D
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    The "story" in the Daily Express kind of tacked additional questionable information onto the original story .
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    If it was for the next Bond film you would think EON would be more acquainted with the internets ability to find out or contort information. Remember how we found out about Skyfall's title after EON bought up webpage domain names?
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Maybe it's just being used to test shoot a particular sequence? I'm sure there has to be viability tests done before a sequence is committed to the final story. Helicopters feature in many bond films without being a key part, cr for example, this helicopter might just be dropping a character off somewhere? Or perhaps it's being used by eon in a different project and isn't anything to do with bond at all.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Maybe it's just being used to test shoot a particular sequence? I'm sure there has to be viability tests done before a sequence is committed to the final story. Helicopters feature in many bond films without being a key part, cr for example, this helicopter might just be dropping a character off somewhere? Or perhaps it's being used by eon in a different project and isn't anything to do with bond at all.
    It could be for Bond but that also raises the question why do they need a Vietnam era helicopter? and I cant imagine they would do another massive helicopter sequence since Spectre had such a prominent one.
    spectre had 2 prominent helicopter scenes, Blofelds and the pts and sf had one also, infact all Dc's films have prominent aircraft scenes, so this new news can't be heralding an important sequence if any at all can it?
    Doubt it's for any major sequence. The thing can't even fly. But if it is indeed a procurement activity related to Bond 25, I can't see that as anything but good news.
    At this point I'll take ANY real news -{
  • UnderwaterBattle007UnderwaterBattle007 Posts: 284MI6 Agent
    edited February 2017
    Maybe Bond 25 will be set in Vietnam and this helicopter is a relic from the Vietnam war. Hopefully more news regarding Bond 25 will come out sooner rather than later.
    FRWl, CR, OHMSS, TSWLM, SF, GF, TLD, LTK, TND, FYEO, OP,TWINE, GE, LALD, TB, SPECTRE, DN, YOLT, TMWTGG, QOS, MR, DAF, DAD, AVTAK, NTTD.

"Do you expect me to talk? "No Mister Bond I expect you to die"
    Or maybe bond is kicking back in Vietnam after leaving in Spectre and uses the helicopter to return to duty?
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Or maybe bond is kicking back in Vietnam after leaving in Spectre and uses the helicopter to return to duty?
    opening shot is Bond staring at the ceiling fan then goes "Saigon, sh*t, I'm still only in Saigon"
    Chriscoop wrote:
    opening shot is Bond staring at the ceiling fan then goes "Saigon, sh*t, I'm still only in Saigon"

That works -{
    I was thinking that floating bar in ha long harbour.
    Hopefully Bond 25 will have a better musical score. A music score that supports the film rather than the last two limp efforts, which did nothing for me although I did like Adeles song in SF however I hate the theme song in SP it's terrible imo.
    FRWl, CR, OHMSS, TSWLM, SF, GF, TLD, LTK, TND, FYEO, OP,TWINE, GE, LALD, TB, SPECTRE, DN, YOLT, TMWTGG, QOS, MR, DAF, DAD, AVTAK, NTTD.

• ggl007ggl007 SpainPosts: 388MI6 Agent
    Bond 25 moves...

An Omega store opens in Australia and check what the owner says, Raynald Aeschlimann: "I’ll meet with him (Craig) in two or three weeks, but I’m not the one to decide. (Bond producers) Barbara Broccoli and Michael Wilson have this incredible spirit about what they want.” http://www.theaustralian.com.au/life/fashion/omegas-new-martin-place-flagship-celebrates-timeless-bonds/news-story/1af9d01424eb7cb83012b96c79502c07

More. Check this interview with David Oyelowo at 09:10: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D18oDGK8klQ "Craig is not coming back, is he?"
    There's something in the air. I wonder if EON is geting a little lax accidentally on purpose with regards to Bond 25....letting little things slip, being less guarded in their actions, just small little things to get the fan base going in anticipation. The Oyelowo interview was very interesting to say the least, especially considering he was performing with Craig so recently. I just saw on IMDB that Kings wrapped filming on Tuesday and is now in post production. Couldn't find a release date for Kings, but if Craig is coming back maybe we get an official announcement shortly after Craig is done promoting the film. -{
    Well, either David Oyelowo is a massive troll, or Craig is gearing up for B25.
  • Revolver66Revolver66 Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 470MI6 Agent
    David Oyelowo's comments pretty much confirmed it for me. He basically said that he's coming back. -{
  • Gala BrandGala Brand Posts: 1,172MI6 Agent
    HowardB wrote:
    There's something in the air. I wonder if EON is geting a little lax accidentally on purpose with regards to Bond 25....letting little things slip, being less guarded in their actions, just small little things to get the fan base going in anticipation. The Oyelowo interview was very interesting to say the least, especially considering he was performing with Craig so recently. I just saw on IMDB that Kings wrapped filming on Tuesday and is now in post production. Couldn't find a release date for Kings, but if Craig is coming back maybe we get an official announcement shortly after Craig is done promoting the film. -{

Craig starts filming Purity in April. They're doing twenty hour-long episodes (two seasons). That will take upwards of nine months to film, so Craig is done for this year.
    Gala Brand wrote:
    HowardB wrote:

Craig starts filming Purity in April. They're doing twenty hour-long episodes (two seasons). That will take upwards of nine months to film, so Craig is done for this year.

But would that not mean that by the back end of 2017 early 2018, filming could start January (2018) time on Bond 25. Didn't SPECTRE start shooting in the January as the film was released in the November of 2015.

I'm resigned to the fact the next Bond won't be released until the back end of 2018.......unless they cast another actor as 007 but that doesn't look likely. I suppose only Babs and Michael really know anything.

Gala Brand wrote:
    HowardB wrote:

But would that not mean that by the back end of 2017 early 2018, filming could start January (2018) time on Bond 25. Didn't SPECTRE start shooting in the January as the film was released in the November of 2015.

I'm resigned to the fact the next Bond won't be released until the back end of 2018.......unless they cast another actor as 007 but that doesn't look likely. I suppose only Babs and Michael really know anything.

It actually all fits a reasonable timeline for a Bond 25 release in November 2018. Filming for Bond 25 could even start as late as Feb or March for a Nov 2018 release. Craig is the biggest name in the cast of Purity but I'm not sure his character has the most screen time. If Craig is returning for Bond 25, I'm sure everything has been taken into consideration and worked out in advance.
  • Gala BrandGala Brand Posts: 1,172MI6 Agent
    Gala Brand wrote:
    HowardB wrote:

Best case scenario, Craig would be available in January 2018. There would be all the pre-production specific to him (clothes, etc.) to be done, he'd have to learn all his lines and he'd probably want to make changes to the script. Also, he would have been working almost 18 months straight at that point and he'd undoubtedly want a break before starting six months of filming Bond 25.

I'm relatively certain that Craig isn't coming back in Bond 25.

I'm relatively certain Bond 25 won't start filming in the next 12 months.

I'm absolutely certain Craig won't start filming Bond 25 within the next 12 months.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,804MI6 Agent
    David Oyelowo's statements/hints about Craig returning to Bond does lend credibility to the theory, but I still don't regard it to be solid fact.
    I guess Craig himself and EON are the only sources I trust 100% i this question.

What has David Oyelowo actually said, I can't find any quotes from him anywhere?

What has David Oyelowo actually said, I can't find any quotes from him anywhere?
    Well the host says that we all know dc has left the role, at which point Oyelowo interrupts him and say " do we?, are we sure we know that? , I've shared a dressing room with him and I don't know that. I wouldn't be so sure. "
    Basically he pours scorn on the dc has left rumour.

Go to about the nine minute mark. This was posted earlier in this thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D18oDGK8klQ
    Gala Brand wrote:
    Best case scenario, Craig would be available in January 2018. There would be all the pre-production specific to him (clothes, etc.) to be done, he'd have to learn all his lines and he'd probably want to make changes to the script. Also, he would have been working almost 18 months straight at that point and he'd undoubtedly want a break before starting six months of filming Bond 25.
    I'm relatively certain that Craig isn't coming back in Bond 25.
    I'm relatively certain Bond 25 won't start filming in the next 12 months.
    I'm absolutely certain Craig won't start filming Bond 25 within the next 12 months.

You certainly could be correct in your assessment however with regards to the Purity shoot:
    - television is a bit different than an epic film like Bond. TV, even big series for premium cable move at a faster pace; less takes; less
    mucking about
    - television series tend not to move around and are much more dependent on CGI instead of locations and using other more practical
    and cheaper locations as substitutes
    - Craig has a recurring and pivotal role in Purity, however his screentime per episode is most likely less than you might think and of
    course it's not a Bond film so not nearly as physically taxing so there is a good possibility that he would be available for some pre-
    production responsibilites during the Purity shoot (wardrobe fittings, reading the script, etc.)
    - It is also possible that some of Craig's scenes in Purity could be shot frontloaded and he could be done filming early.

I guess my point is not whether Craig is coming back or not (we just don't know) it is realistic to think that if he does return there is reason to believe that Bond 25 could realistically be ready for a late fall 2018 release.

Go to about the nine minute mark. This was posted earlier in this thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D18oDGK8klQ

Many thanks for that.

Well I'm more confident after seeing that interview that DC will be returning in Bond 25. Fingers crossed by me at least.

This discussion has been closed.