Bond 25, shooting news and Rumours. ( possible Spoilers)

Comments

• UnderwaterBattle007UnderwaterBattle007 Posts: 284MI6 Agent
    I've just finished watching The peaky Blinders boxed set, and I have to say Sam Neil plays an impressive corrupt and ruthless MI5 agent and is totally believable in the part. he could easily play a Bond villian.

Cillian Murphy is also an excellent actor who I feel could play either a Bond ally or villain
    FRWl, CR, OHMSS, TSWLM, SF, GF, TLD, LTK, TND, FYEO, OP,TWINE, GE, LALD, TB, SPECTRE, DN, YOLT, TMWTGG, QOS, MR, DAF, DAD, AVTAK, NTTD.

"Do you expect me to talk? "No Mister Bond I expect you to die"
  • MilleniumForceMilleniumForce LondonPosts: 1,214MI6 Agent
    I think Nolan should direct Bond 25, now that it's more than likely Craig's last. Nolan has said he's a fan of Bond, and having him direct a classic Connery like movie - whilst bring all of his credibility to the Bond franchise - should make for an excellent final film for Craig.
    1.LTK 2.AVTAK 3.OP 4.FYEO 5.TND 6.LALD 7.GE 8.GF 9.TSWLM 10.SPECTRE 11.SF 12.MR 13.YOLT 14.TLD 15.CR (06) 16.TMWTGG 17.TB 18.FRWL 19.TWINE 20.OHMSS 21.DAF 22.DAD 23.QoS 24.NSNA 25.DN 26.CR (67)
  • Bmorelli11Bmorelli11 Posts: 197MI6 Agent
    I couldn't agree more! -{
    I think Nolan should direct Bond 25, now that it's more than likely Craig's last. Nolan has said he's a fan of Bond, and having him direct a classic Connery like movie - whilst bring all of his credibility to the Bond franchise - should make for an excellent final film for Craig.
    You're that English secret agent from England | Instagram: @matchedperfectly | Web: www.matchedperfectly.us
  • Revolver66Revolver66 Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 470MI6 Agent
    Man I hope Nolan is directing. How big would that be. He would nail it too
  • Gala BrandGala Brand Posts: 1,172MI6 Agent
    This IMDB/Nolan thing is ridiculous. The media is now starting to report it as though it's a story.

Has either EON or Nolan denied it? The story's been out for a couple of days. If a couple more days go by without anybody "in the know" denying it, I'll start to believe it.
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,759MI6 Agent
    Gala Brand wrote:
    This IMDB/Nolan thing is ridiculous. The media is now starting to report it as though it's a story.

Has either EON or Nolan denied it? The story's been out for a couple of days. If a couple more days go by without anybody "in the know" denying it, I'll start to believe it.

Has EON denied that Hiddleston is the next Bond? Or Hardy or Elba or Turner or Fassbender or CRAIG? Or any other rumor, for that matter? EON hasn't said a word in ages. Their silence is hardly dispositive of anything.
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Just read that Nolans company syncopy is to PRODUCE bond 25 as well as direct, surely this can not be even remotely right?
    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/entertainment/films/801203/James-Bond-25-Tom-Hardy-Daniel-Craig-Christopher-Nolan-Syncopy-Dunkirk/amp
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Just read that Nolans company syncopy is to PRODUCE bond 25 as well as direct, surely this can not be even remotely right?
    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/entertainment/films/801203/James-Bond-25-Tom-Hardy-Daniel-Craig-Christopher-Nolan-Syncopy-Dunkirk/amp

Wouldn't that make it a non-eon bond film?
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
    Gala Brand wrote:

Has EON denied that Hiddleston is the next Bond? Or Hardy or Elba or Turner or Fassbender or CRAIG? Or any other rumor, for that matter? EON hasn't said a word in ages. Their silence is hardly dispositive of anything.

Nolan's involvement/non-involvement is a different order of magnitude than Tom Hiddleston's. Or Hardy's or Turner's or Fassbender's. And everybody knows Craig isn't coming back, except maybe for Nolan.

And there's nothing to stop Nolan from denying it.

In 2013 EON shot down rumors that Nolan would direct Bond 24 very quickly.
    Chriscoop wrote:

If you're making all the decisions regarding script and casting that would make you a producer.
  • James BoldmanJames Boldman Amherst, MAPosts: 461MI6 Agent
    I love DC, but Nolan and Tom Hardy!? Dare I dream??
    If Nolan produced it, would this mean it would not be an EON bond film? Or am I way off? Help me out here, I don't know how it works lol
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

• Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Jarvio wrote:
    If Nolan produced it, would this mean it would not be an EON bond film? Or am I way off? Help me out here, I don't know how it works lol

It's possible that EON could serve as executive producers with Syncopy taking the lead, but that seems highly unlikely unless they are fearing bankruptcy or have become bored with the family business. I can't imagine that EON could sell Bond to Syncopy without it being a huge story.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    If it were true I would say that Syncopy would partner with EON and MGM on a limited basis. As far as who would take the lead on the creative end, it would more than likely be a collaborative effort similar to how things were between EON and Mendes. What would be also of interest is how this would effect who the distributor of the film would be. Syncopy has been partnered with Warner Bros and Legendary films among others. Warners presently has the DC Comics films (Batman, Superman, Wonder Women, etc) which are considered second fiddle to Marvel. Getting involved with the most iconic and successful franchise like Bond, especially if Nolan is on board might be something very appealing to deep pockets Warners. Also, if Craig is actually moving on, Nolan's involvement could compensate for the loss of Craig and having to move on with a new actor. Of course this entire Nolan thing is most likely complete fiction.
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent
    HowardB wrote:
    Of course this entire Nolan thing is most likely complete fiction.

Exactly. It was removed from IMDB Pro within hours of news sites picking up on it.
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    HowardB wrote:
    Of course this entire Nolan thing is most likely complete fiction.

Exactly. It was removed from IMDB Pro within hours of news sites picking up on it.

Time to move on to the next dead end unsubstantiated rumour. :#
    Please EON....throw us a bone...........
  • bonded123bonded123 Posts: 291MI6 Agent
    According to IMDB Chris Nolan hasn't got any film in pre-production after Dunkirk (release date July). Nolan might be available for Bond 25. I don't think his production company would be directly involved with the making of Bond 25.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,795MI6 Agent
    No director has ever had his own production company work on a Bond movie. Nolan is major league director, but I don't think he will be the first.
    bonded123 wrote:
    According to IMDB Chris Nolan hasn't got any film in pre-production after Dunkirk (release date July). Nolan might be available for Bond 25. I don't think his production company would be directly involved with the making of Bond 25.
    This has changed as it was showing bond 25 yesterday. The telegraph online has a Screenshot of syncopys imbd page. But also still out there is Bond 25 on John Logans Google profile page..... With a picture of Tom hiddleston but Daniel Craig (rumoured) as 007. It's all smoke and mirrors IMHO, but I get the feeling things are hotting up and there will be some concrete information soon. Also curious is how much time DC is spending in the UK at the moment.
  • UnderwaterBattle007UnderwaterBattle007 Posts: 284MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:
    bonded123 wrote:
    This has changed as it was showing bond 25 yesterday. The telegraph online has a Screenshot of syncopys imbd page. But also still out there is Bond 25 on John Logans Google profile page..... With a picture of Tom hiddleston but Daniel Craig (rumoured) as 007. It's all smoke and mirrors IMHO, but I get the feeling things are hotting up and there will be some concrete information soon. Also curious is how much time DC is spending in the UK at the moment.

I wouldn't read too much into Craig being in the UK imo, as he's a huge Liverpool football fan, and in the English Premier League there is a four way fight for two Champions league spots. With Liverpool being very much in the hunt for one of those spots.

Maybe as a fan he feels he just has to be at the games to watch it unfold. I know how he feels as I'm a Manchester City fan and I have attended every game since Christmas both home and away. Maybe I'm wrong I hope I am, as I hope he comes back for at least one more film.
    FRWl, CR, OHMSS, TSWLM, SF, GF, TLD, LTK, TND, FYEO, OP,TWINE, GE, LALD, TB, SPECTRE, DN, YOLT, TMWTGG, QOS, MR, DAF, DAD, AVTAK, NTTD.

"Do you expect me to talk? "No Mister Bond I expect you to die"
    Whether it will happen or not I don't know, but all this shows just how huge it would be if Nolan were to direct it. At only the faintest hint of him being involved in Bond 25 the internet is rife with articles and speculation. Eon should definitely do their best to get him to helm it. It would be a huge coup for the series and it would guarantee that the next film will be a mega hit
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    Nolan would sell tickets - there's no denying that. I cringe at Tom Hardy being attached as a result, though :#
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
    Nolan would sell tickets - there's no denying that. I cringe at Tom Hardy being attached as a result, though :#

Same. Nolan yes, Hardy no. In fact, I would hate to see Nolan direct anyone other than Craig.
    Agreed. I'd love Nolan to direct, but Tom Hardy sucks IMO. Well, he's an alright actor, but the man has no character IMO.

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I've liked all the actors who've played Bond, so I'm certain whoever the next fella is, I shall enjoy him also. ;)
    I only wish it was bloody sooner !
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    If Hardy does come as a package with Nolan - who says he has to be Bond?

He is better suited as a thug / villain. Besides I think its too soon for another Blofeld / SPECTRE storyline. Surely Bond has other missions
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    What would be worse than Tom Hardy as Bond would be Hans Zimmer writing the score. I would guess he is Thomas Newman's inspiration for uninspiring action music.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    bond needs a proper sanctioned mission, for Queen and country. Handed to him by M.
    Blofeld can stay locked up for now. No more going rogue, personal issues, even db5. If Dc comes back I'd like him to go out on a proper Bond adventure, kicking arse like the good old days of cr and qos.
    Matt S wrote:
    What would be worse than Tom Hardy as Bond would be Hans Zimmer writing the score. I would guess he is Thomas Newman's inspiration for uninspiring action music.
    Just listen the sf piece where Bond is hanging on to the elevator......I was half expecting the dark knight to be stood on top of it.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,324Chief of Staff
    Matt S wrote:
    Hans Zimmer writing the score.

Bond has no room for Zimmer.
This discussion has been closed.