Bond 25, shooting news and Rumours. ( possible Spoilers)

Comments

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,797MI6 Agent
    I'm going to speculate wildly and pretty much without any evidence now. Perhaps the launch of the watch will be done around the same time as a press conferance about director, premiere date and hopefully other info? Launching a watch together with a movie people know next to nothing about is strange, so I'm guessing some info will come around the time the watch is made public.

The other thing is pretty much just something I hope: does The Commander mean Bond 25 will focus more on the navy side of Bond?
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Damn, that's a awesome and apt name for a Bond watch.

I agree, brilliant name! I really hope the news is true.
  • TheOmegaManTheOmegaMan Posts: 43MI6 Agent
    Hi everyone. I work for OMEGA and although I'm not privy to decisions made at the very top I can tell you that OMEGA can only promote the Bond connection for a six month window leading up to and during the cinematic release of a new movie. Usually August to Feb is when you'll see a new watch released and in-Boutique and in-dealer displays featuring 007.

For example you'll notice the recent OMEGA event that featured Daniel Craig was a Seamaster Event with almost no 007 branding other than what the media put on it.

I am not aware of any Bond related product to be released this year. And I can guarantee the Seamaster Professional 300 Diver (the Brosnan) won't be front and centre in a movie again. OMEGA will be focussing on newer movements rather than the modified ETA used in the Diver range. It may be used as an anniversary limited edition in the future but it's not a priority for OMEGA going forward.
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,132MI6 Agent
    Whether any truth in the rumour or not, perhaps Commander Bond could be a potential film title?

The title would be more suited to a new actor in the role perhaps. Although I'll say it again, I am definitely not in favour of a reboot. If we're going to have an new actor, he should just be Bond carrying on with business as usual.
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
  • PaperbillPaperbill FloridaPosts: 810MI6 Agent
    My source is pretty credible. It might not be related to Bond 25. Could Just another "special edition"
    The Commander is a great name for a watch, but a really bad Bond movie title.
    Paperbill wrote:
    My source is pretty credible. It might not be related to Bond 25. Could Just another "special edition"

Going back to when Omega started the Bond collaboration in GE, every Bond LE/SE released, even if they're not movie specific, have come out around a movie's release. So TheOmegaMan's 6 month window knowledge seems to have some historical credibility.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Cant see it happening until movie in full swing production
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • PaperbillPaperbill FloridaPosts: 810MI6 Agent
    JTM wrote:
    Paperbill wrote:

Going back to when Omega started the Bond collaboration in GE, every Bond LE/SE released, even if they're not movie specific, have come out around a movie's release. So TheOmegaMan's 6 month window knowledge seems to have some historical credibility.

What about the Goldfinger watch? Anyway, we will see won't we :)
  • bonded123bonded123 Posts: 291MI6 Agent
    We're in June and no news when Daniel Craig's Purity tv show starts filming. If it's a five months shoot comprised of 20 episodes it won't give Craig much time to wind down before filming starts on Bond 25. It's looking like Bond 25 will be delayed or a new guy will take over...

Regarding a title for Bond 25, I quite like:

SHAKEN NOT STIRRED
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Posts: 296MI6 Agent
    bonded123 wrote:
    We're in June and no news when Daniel Craig's Purity tv show starts filming. If it's a five months shoot comprised of 20 episodes it won't give Craig much time to wind down before filming starts on Bond 25. It's looking like Bond 25 will be delayed or a new guy will take over...

As noted in this article from Variety, filming on 'Purity' is well under way.

Unless there have been changes since Showtime's Winter TCA presentation, the first season will be released in 2018, and the second in 2019.

I would assume once all the 'Twin Peaks' hype has died down, we might start hearing some news on 'Purity'.
    James Bond Australia - Website | Twitter | Mastodon | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Newsletter

Bond on the Box - Website | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | LetterBoxd | YouTube
  • ggl007ggl007 SpainPosts: 388MI6 Agent
    Red_Snow wrote:
    bonded123 wrote:

Sorry, but I only read that a gaffer is been "around" Daniel... ?

Nothing new here, not even an actress... http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5471196/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent
    ggl007 wrote:
    Red_Snow wrote:
    bonded123 wrote:

Sorry, but I only read that a gaffer is been "around" Daniel... ?

Gaffers don't go to script meetings. If a gaffer on "Purity" was "around" Daniel, that explicitly means they're filming.
  • angelicbondangelicbond Posts: 194MI6 Agent
    Interesting tidbit from Jeff Sneider (a Hollywood "scooper" who has a good track record ) on his twitter page:

"I've heard the Broccolis have caught Universe Fever and would love to explore other corners of the Bond franchise... simultaneously."

Screen_Shot_2017-06-24_at_22.30.10.jpg

He also mentions earlier on his feed that he has "heard Craig is coming back"
    Instagram: mybudgetbond
    Twitter: @mybudgetbond1
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,759MI6 Agent
    Interesting tidbit from Jeff Sneider (a Hollywood "scooper" who has a good track record ) on his twitter page:

"I've heard the Broccolis have caught Universe Fever and would love to explore other corners of the Bond franchise... simultaneously."

I think the universe thing is a terrible idea for the franchise. They can't even manage to make more than three Bond films per decade, let alone three quality efforts. How are they going to churn out multiple films about different characters? They'd have to develop a long term plan, and that's never been EON's specialty.

As for Craigger coming back, I would not be surprised by that at this point.
  • angelicbondangelicbond Posts: 194MI6 Agent
    I agree. The idea is great in principle, but I'd prefer them to get back on a "every 2 years" schedule and do one film properly, rather than stretch themselves thin with a "universe".
    Instagram: mybudgetbond
    Twitter: @mybudgetbond1
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,579Chief of Staff

Half right at best...
    YNWA 97
    Getting terrible flashbacks of their "great" Jinx idea...
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,759MI6 Agent
    edited June 2017
    Sir Miles wrote:

Half right at best...

But which half? :v
  • ToTheRightToTheRight Posts: 314MI6 Agent
    JTM wrote:

It was pretty bad. I'd almost rather see a spin-off film for Mendel from CR.
    A Bond Universe is definitely scraping the bottom of the barrel for ideas. Yet another example of the series piggybacking on other franchise trends (which by now, IMO is very old).
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 SwitzerlandPosts: 870MI6 Agent
    ToTheRight wrote:
    JTM wrote:

A Bond Universe is definitely scraping the bottom of the barrel for ideas. Yet another example of the series piggybacking on other franchise trends (which by now, IMO is very old).

Absolutely, Mr Mendel is great. Such potential. :)) :007)
    Dalton Rulez™
  • canoe2canoe2 Posts: 2,007MI6 Agent
    ToTheRight wrote:
    JTM wrote:

Absolutely, Mr Mendel is great. Such potential. :)) :007)

Well, to be fair, the creators of Breaking Bad have done a lot with the Saul Goodman spinoff. :v
    Sir Miles wrote:

Half right at best...

But which half? :v

Which half (at best) would you like ? :D
    YNWA 97
  • James BoldmanJames Boldman Amherst, MAPosts: 461MI6 Agent

I think the universe thing is a terrible idea for the franchise. They can't even manage to make more than three Bond films per decade, let alone three quality efforts. How are they going to churn out multiple films about different characters? They'd have to develop a long term plan, and that's never been EON's specialty.
    Well, that sums up everything I was going to say, well said,

As for Craigger coming back, I would not be surprised by that at this point.
    Not a great idea, I think. One also wonders who the spin-offs would be about? Felix Leiter, Moneypenny, M?
    The whole MI6 crew? Mr Mendel?
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Hmm I dont buy this one
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • IanTIanT Posts: 573MI6 Agent
    Interestingly, I heard about a spin off Bond TV series that was recently being planned by the makers of Fleming: The Man Who Would Be Bond

It was to feature Bond in his pre-MI6 days and be called The Commander

Anyone else heard about this. I think the idea was dropped.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    IanT wrote:
    Interestingly, I heard about a spin off Bond TV series that was recently being planned by the makers of Fleming: The Man Who Would Be Bond

It was to feature Bond in his pre-MI6 days and be called The Commander

Anyone else heard about this. I think the idea was dropped.

I haven't heard of this. Are you sure it wasn't someone on the internet just wishing for something like this? It could never happen so long as EON has the rights to Bond.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    ^ I think this is a rumour that surfaces every few years...
    YNWA 97
  • IanTIanT Posts: 573MI6 Agent
    I spoke to a friend who does some acting work who claimed to have gone to the audition. He didn't want to talk in depth about it and mentioned that the idea got dropped very early on. I'm not sure about the rights issue. Does EON own all the film and TV rights, or just the film rights?
This discussion has been closed.