Bond 25, shooting news and Rumours. ( possible Spoilers)

Comments

• HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    IMO EON is not selling off the rights to Bond. Yes, they would be set for many lifetimes on what they would get (I am sure Barb and Michael are very, very wealthy already) but it's the family business and legacy and there appears to be some young adult children who are now involved also. Plus, Barbara is only in her 50's and as I have said before, Bond is what makes her a bigtime player in the industry. Michael Wilson is now in his 70's and I could see him moving into semi retirement and an advisory role at some point.
    As far as Craig coming back to prevent TH (whatever TH is being referred to) from taking over as Bond because of some personal dislike; well it sounds like Tabloid fodder to me. I guess that means Craig and TH are the new Bette Davis and Joan Crawford :s .
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    Eon's strategy is no doubt to make as much $$ as they can until 2034, when their exclusivity expires with Fleming's copyright. Then they will aggressively defend things such as the theme, etc.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,568Chief of Staff
    HowardB wrote:
    IMO EON is not selling off the rights to Bond. Yes, they would be set for many lifetimes on what they would get (I am sure Barb and Michael are very, very wealthy already) but it's the family business and legacy and there appears to be some young adult children who are now involved also. Plus, Barbara is only in her 50's and as I have said before, Bond is what makes her a bigtime player in the industry. Michael Wilson is now in his 70's and I could see him moving into semi retirement and an advisory role at some point.
    As far as Craig coming back to prevent TH (whatever TH is being referred to) from taking over as Bond because of some personal dislike; well it sounds like Tabloid fodder to me. I guess that means Craig and TH are the new Bette Davis and Joan Crawford :s .

But which tabloid reported that?
    YNWA 97
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Imo the Back to Back thing makes much sense:

1. Dannyboy is getting visually older pretty quick - so it's best to shoot with him as fast as possible before he reaches the end of expiry
    2. It'd give him more time for other projects instead of starting all over again for B26
    3. Pretty sure that the production cost for B2B will be significantly cheaper than doing them seperately and start all over again with production for B26.
    4. It opens EON to benefit from an only 1 year gap between 2 movies, which may be interesting to see how they do at the box office.
    5. It may have been the only deal that Nolan was willing to agree instead of contracting him for 3 which means a period of 7-8 years in total

etc.
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    How are Omega going to pump out 4 Bond watches in a year :))

Hope announcement soon, this teasing is killing me. Preferred the silence
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    HowardB wrote:

Asp9mm Weekly
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    How are Omega going to pump out 4 Bond watches in a year :))

Hope announcement soon, this teasing is killing me. Preferred the silence

Well maybe we got one early in the Commander? I think maybe the bods at omega were expecting a film this year.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,568Chief of Staff
    Matt S wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:
    HowardB wrote:

Asp9mm Weekly

That's a quality news service...much better than the HiggyBum Times :D
    YNWA 97
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Matt S wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

Asp9mm Weekly

That's a quality news service...much better than the HiggyBum Times :D

That rag is just full of adverts for green trainers!
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    If I was a betting man I would bet that we may have a big announcement on August 15th.
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    If I was a betting man I would bet that we may have a big announcement on August 15th.

Indeedy.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:
    Craig is returning for sure. If he shoots the two films he's signed up for back to back from this September as some genius has suggested :007) , then he can go on to do Purity mid next year. Shooting films back to back means just that, they are filmed pretty much at the same time. I think we will see less action and more character driven plots.

Nolan wanted to do three films. I don't know, but maybe doing two like this will be the clincher that brings him on board. I don't know if it is the case, but they have been talking to him.

Craig was out. Another bloke was signed up if DC didn't take up an option offered. His initials are TH but not the one I thought. He signed up to do it if DC didn't take them up on their offer. It was enough for DC to decide as apparently he was the last person he wanted to take the role after himself. Don't know their history, but it's one of loathing.

^^ All this may be bunkum of course.

The "back-to-back" thing contradicts the thing you'd mentioned about Broccolis selling off the franchise after the next one. I wonder what shifted there, whether this kicks that down the road or undoes that plan.

Not really. Shooting back to back means it's being shot as just one long film and released as two. That keeps costs down as sets can be re-used as well as props and other items/ amenities such as wardrobe and catering, etc. It also appeases the studios that weren't that interested in a one picture deal with a new Bond at the helm. All evidence suggests that they will sell Bond off after this, and this is from different people involved to a greater or lesser extent. Certain inventories are already being written up with stock taken with the idea of shipping it Stateside in the near future.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • ggl007ggl007 SpainPosts: 388MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:
    Certain inventories are already being written up with stock taken with the idea of shipping it Stateside in the near future.
    Could you explain this a little, please?
    I hope shipping stateside doesn't mean the the Disney studios :#
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    I was about to say Golden Guns being packed up with Disney written on the box :D
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    Simply hell
    20170810_184933.jpg

Mind you the Rolex boys would love bonds new watch, even has a nato
    20170810_185225.jpg
  • BondClothingBondClothing Posts: 351MI6 Agent
    IMG_2214.jpg
    Lifestyle guide to the products and locations featured in the James Bond films.
    If Eon does 'take the money and run' - i.e., sell out - it will truly be a brave new world :o
  • ggl007ggl007 SpainPosts: 388MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:
    The Mantis wrote:

Indeedy.
    Are you talking about this?

"Daniel Craig will be a guest on 'The Late Show with Stephen Colbert' on Tuesday, 15 August, 2017 at 11:35/10:35c on CBS."
  • Marketto007Marketto007 BrazilPosts: 237MI6 Agent
    ggl007 wrote:
    Asp9mm wrote:
    The Mantis wrote:

Indeedy.

"Daniel Craig will be a guest on 'The Late Show with Stephen Colbert' on Tuesday, 15 August, 2017 at 11:35/10:35c on CBS."

It makes sense. Announcement during the early hours of the day, then DC interview later confirming his return, etc.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    ggl007 wrote:
    Asp9mm wrote:

Indeedy.

It makes sense. Announcement during the early hours of the day, then DC interview later confirming his return, etc.

A lot of times, these things are just announced on talk shows. If nothing is said earlier in the day, and Colbert doesn't ask Craig about his future as Bond, we know Colbert has been strictly told not to ask the question.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    I wouldn't be surprised. Although DC could just claim that he doesn't know if he is doing another one...
  • MrGoreMrGore Posts: 129MI6 Agent
    OMG. If Disney buys up Bond, I don't know what will happen. But it won't be pretty.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 SwitzerlandPosts: 870MI6 Agent
    I think it's time for Bond to move to another production company. I don't see why Disney or Warner wouldn't do great things with Bond.
    Dalton Rulez™
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,317Chief of Staff
    aa_old_man_7.jpg

"You're forgetting one thing- if I fail to report, Mickey Mouse replaces me."

"I trust he will have better duck."

"Do you expect me to quack?"

"No, Mr Bond, I expect you to fry!"
  • JoshuaJoshua Posts: 1,138MI6 Agent
    Would Disney make James Bond into a musical? :)
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    Joshua wrote:

As far as I know when it comes to Marvel for instance, Disney does not interfere at all. They provided money back in the days when MCU wasn't stupid rich like it is today, but otherwise there is no interference from them when it comes down to creative control. That's why Daredevil is so brutal for instance - it's still made by Marvel and therefore Disney. Another example is Guardians of the Galaxy 2 where we had penis jokes, a brothel and some other adult stuff. Not to mention Infinity War, which supposedly will have a much darker tone than the previous movies.

So I'd actually be happy if Disney will buy the rights, the franchise will have a strong production company supporting it and maybe they will set the right tempo when it comes to movie releases. It's total BS that it's not possible to do a Bond movie every two years.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 SwitzerlandPosts: 870MI6 Agent
    MrZareba wrote:
    Joshua wrote:

As far as I know when it comes to Marvel for instance, Disney does not interfere at all. They provided money back in the days when MCU wasn't stupid rich like it is today, but otherwise there is no interference from them when it comes down to creative control. That's why Daredevil is so brutal for instance - it's still made by Marvel and therefore Disney. Another example is Guardians of the Galaxy 2 where we had penis jokes, a brothel and some other adult stuff. Not to mention Infinity War, which supposedly will have a much darker tone than the previous movies.

So I'd actually be happy if Disney will buy the rights, the franchise will have a strong production company supporting it and maybe they will set the right tempo when it comes to movie releases. It's total BS that it's not possible to do a Bond movie every two years.

+1 totally.
    Dalton Rulez™
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    When it comes to any discussion of EON selling the rights to Bond one cannot ignore the fact that for better or worst, MGM still owns half of Bond. Not that EON would have any problem finding a buyer, my guess is that Disney, Warners, etc would probably prefer not to partner with the perennially cash strapped, fiscally challenged once great production company and studio.
    With regard to EON holding on until 2034: I am sure their legal people have been doing their due diligence when it comes to what will continue to remain protected by trademark (the Bond Theme, the 007 gun logo, and any other part of the Bond canon that originated with EON and not Fleming). Unlike other franchises, Bond is unique in that it is literally a "brand" that has immediately recognizable traditions, canon, etc. Without them you basically have NSNA minus Connery.
    One can only hope that Purvis & Wade's "Bond Scribe For Life" positions would come to an end following a change of ownership :s
This discussion has been closed.