Bond 25, shooting news and Rumours. ( possible Spoilers)

Comments

• ShadowfallShadowfall Posts: 42MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Will they even care about the 60th so soon from the big 50th?

In my head I'm comparing it to the 40th rather than the 50th. But Die Another Day did look back at the history of the franchise, for better or worse. It is easier to do that with an incumbent Bond.

Although maybe I'm just thinking Zebras instead of horses when hearing hooves.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Shadowfall wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Will they even care about the 60th so soon from the big 50th?

In my head I'm comparing it to the 40th rather than the 50th. But Die Another Day did look back at the history of the franchise, for better or worse. It is easier to do that with an incumbent Bond.

Although maybe I'm just thinking Zebras instead of horses when hearing hooves.

I remember the 40th anniversary being a huge thing when DAD came out.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    Movieweb linked this article on facebook, saying "Expect an OFFICIAL announcement soon"

http://movieweb.com/james-bond-25-rumors-never-dream-of-dying-book/

I clicked the link, and shook my head within seconds - they make a huge mistake of saying Bond 25 is due out THIS YEAR, and yet criticise the mirror article for getting Never Dream Of Dying's year wrong :))

So many crap journalists out there that don't proof-read their articles X-(
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    Jarvio wrote:
    Movieweb linked this article on facebook, saying "Expect an OFFICIAL announcement soon"

http://movieweb.com/james-bond-25-rumors-never-dream-of-dying-book/

I clicked the link, and shook my head within seconds - they make a huge mistake of saying Bond 25 is due out THIS YEAR, and yet criticise the mirror article for getting Never Dream Of Dying's year wrong :))

So many crap journalists out there that don't proof-read their articles X-(

Many online articles don't undergo the same proof-reading and due diligence as print articles for several reasons. Firstly, they can be instantly corrected or even deleted completely unlike a printed publication and therefore there's less of a sense of necessity; secondly, careful editing is often considered secondary in importance to the speed of getting something up online; and thirdly, while it's still difficult to get a job with a print publication or a top-drawer news website, there are literally millions of websites that purport to be news, sports, entertainment etc and there just aren't enough qualified and experienced writers and editors to go around (or enough money to pay for good ones).

That's not to say that print publications don't make some horrendous errors as we've seen countless times (too many people are dependent on spellcheck for a start), but there still remains a greater sense of responsibility with many publications that have a print element or which began in print than there is with many new-ish online-only outlets.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,804MI6 Agent
    Do any of you know this site called Movieweb? Is it a teenage boy sitting in a cellar in Budapest, or is it an established movie website with a history of inside knowledge?
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    I've heard of it and it pops up on Facebook with frightening frequency. But I know nothing about it.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    I just visited Movieweb. They have a lot of interviews of actors and directors they claim are exclusive, among other content. If that's real the site might be the real deal.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,358Chief of Staff
    Oh, FFS....

http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/films/836798/James-Bond-female-Helen-Mirren-Halle-Berry-Bond-25-Daniel-Craig

Is this a new low, even for the Express? Note the date given, as well 8-) 8-) 8-)
    What a load of diatribe. Though November 2017 would be good if they can manage it.
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    Gotta love the British tabs. On a short airplane ride from Amsterdam to London last spring I had access to one of the tabs and I just could not believe some of the crazy stuff in there. Literally a parallel universe lives in the minds of those who "write" for the tabs.
    They really do write it, you know. They have to use their imaginations much more than real journalists.
  • zaphod99zaphod99 Posts: 1,415MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:
    Oh, FFS....

http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/films/836798/James-Bond-female-Helen-Mirren-Halle-Berry-Bond-25-Daniel-Craig

Is this a new low, even for the Express? Note the date given, as well 8-) 8-) 8-)

Shoddy. Even the press are so desperate for news that they run with this sort of nonsense.
    Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 SwitzerlandPosts: 870MI6 Agent
    That article is clearly satire? I mean Helen Mirren? Can't be more ridiculous.
    Dalton Rulez™
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,358Chief of Staff
    Satire? The Daily Express??? No, they are that bad.
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    That article is clearly satire? I mean Helen Mirren? Can't be more ridiculous.

That's the same thing they said when Trump was elected :s
    Barbel wrote:

I don't think they are capable of satire. It really is a rag.
    Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
    zaphod99 wrote:
    Barbel wrote:

The express is brilliant at some things, like for wrapping up fish and chips or putting on the kitchen floor when your toilet training a puppy.
    Chriscoop wrote:
    zaphod99 wrote:
    Barbel wrote:

The express is brilliant at some things, like for wrapping up fish and chips or putting on the kitchen floor when your toilet training a puppy.

True Dat!
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,991Quartermasters
    A nice writeup, IMO, and I mostly agree.

http://screenrant.com/james-bond-25-better-than-spectre/
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • Dirty PunkerDirty Punker ...Your Eyes Only, darling."Posts: 2,587MI6 Agent

I have to disagree.
    Unfortunately, it's late, I'm tired...and there's so much left to do.
    a reasonable rate of return
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,991Quartermasters
    'Tis always thus {[]
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM

That is a decent write up. Though I'd prefer it without that dc misquote. It's funny as though I agree with many of the points in doing so betrays how much I enjoy Spectre. Maybe its those misty eyes I have for bond that renders me unable to condemn any bond film?
    I hope eon have listened to the deafening sound of the Bondites and deliver a stunning #25
    I agree on most of what was said in the link. Good article. But I don't want to leave SPECTRE and Blofeld forever after just one movie. Madeleine Swan need not return, and hopefully not to die OHMSS style.
    I think Bond25 should be about a big villan with a goal that isn't about hacking and Intel, but rather physical destruction.
    But I would like to see SPECTRE. and Blofeld again during the next Bond actor's tenure. He might be played by the same actor or he may not. He could even escape and have surgery.
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,760MI6 Agent

Spot on! -{
  • Dirty PunkerDirty Punker ...Your Eyes Only, darling."Posts: 2,587MI6 Agent
    I was wondering, according to BondWiki (I know, not a great source), BB mentioned that she wanted Camille to return.
    What do you think and was this ever a thing at all?
    a reasonable rate of return
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    I was actually thinking about this the other day when watching QoS
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    I think it would be a better idea to bring back Lucia (Monica Bellucci) as Felix Leiter's wife. BTW: she shouldn't get killed!
    welshboy78 wrote:
    I was actually thinking about this the other day when watching QoS
    I'd love to see her back, and her front, and her side and her other side.......
    20170805_171818.jpg
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 SwitzerlandPosts: 870MI6 Agent
    oh yes, Olga is the best thing about the Craig era, saw all her films.

Check out Water Diviner, one of the best films this decade anyway and a great showcase for her fantastic acting talent.

https://youtu.be/8CkLC4Zr2Mw
    Dalton Rulez™
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Posts: 296MI6 Agent
    She posted a throw back picture to QoS back in May, 2017.
    https://twitter.com/OlyaKurylenko/status/868361273532186625
    James Bond Australia - Website | Twitter | Mastodon | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Newsletter

Bond on the Box - Website | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | LetterBoxd | YouTube
This discussion has been closed.