Bond 25, shooting news and Rumours. ( possible Spoilers)

Comments

• JG007JG007 Manchester , United KingdomPosts: 276MI6 Agent
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/new-james-bond-movie-shatterhand-10895860

Could always be the usual press junk , but we do know they were looking at Croatia as a location.....
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,625Chief of Staff
    JG007 wrote:
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/new-james-bond-movie-shatterhand-10895860

Could always be the usual press junk , but we do know they were looking at Croatia as a location.....

Eon haven't 'based' a film on a book that's non-Fleming...although 'bits and bobs' have been used...plus Never Dream of Dying is the worst Bond book ever written...and that takes some doing after the last couple from Gardner :#
    YNWA 97
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    Bizarre article

"Author Mr Benson said the film would hit cinemas in November 2019, with the film taking inspiration from 1960s 007 outings You Only Live Twice and On Her Majesty’s Secret Service"

So where is the quote from Benson?

Why use Shatterhand as a title then use a Benson book

The wrist slashing crap again......
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    JG007 wrote:

What a weird article. Loads of big claims with no sources. Even a frigging title. How this got printed I'll never know.
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
    Its as if the reporter has scouted the forum for a few months and jumbled everything together
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,392Chief of Staff
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Bizarre article

"Author Mr Benson said the film would hit cinemas in November 2019, with the film taking inspiration from 1960s 007 outings You Only Live Twice and On Her Majesty’s Secret Service"

So where is the quote from Benson?

Quote from Raymond Benson:

"Some of you may have seen an article published by U.K.'s The Mirror yesterday that claims that the next Bond movie will be based on my novel "Never Dream of Dying." I know nothing of this, but as I have not spoken with any Mirror journalists at all, I can only assume that the article is a piece of fabrication. It would of course be wonderful if it were true."
    Glad he spoke out {[]
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,815MI6 Agent
    But while the article was ox manure, for the first time a Bond movie inspired by a continuation novel isn't completely unbelievable. Before SPECTRE I wouldn't have belived EON would use anything from any author other than Fleming. But a little piece from "Colonel Sun" was used in SPECTRE, so something like that might happen again.
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    The article was just tacked together from bits and pieces of old rumors by someone who doesn't even have the Bond knowledge to see that most of it was contradictory. That being said, I wouldn't mind seeing someone like Nolan tackle the OMHSS/YOLT saga as a fresh start with a new Bond after Craig.
    It is not out of the realm of possibility IMO if Craig is back that Bond 25 begins (PTS may be?) with Bond marrying Madeleine and her being murdered by Hinx and other SPECTRE henchman as they leave for their honeymoon ala the end of OHMSS. Don't know what I'd do for the rest, but something based upon the original YOLT novel could work. Just rename it the Garden of Death or if it's back to backs, Shatterhand for 25 and The Garden of Death for 26. Just a little daydreaming on my part.
    I asked Mr Benson if he would say a few words about the situation re filming continuation novels, and here's his reply:

"Danjaq has the film rights to all things Bond. IFP has the literary rights to all things Bond. Only IFP can publish Bond in print. Only Danjaq/EON can make Bond movies (and they have all merchandising rights, like toys, videogames, etc.) too. I am not privy to the current arrangement between Danjaq and IFP with regard to what the latter gets when a film is made, or how it would work if the former wants to do a continuation novel as a film. That's above my pay grade."

I'm much obliged to him for his quick reply.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,625Chief of Staff
    Barbel wrote:
    I asked Mr Benson if he would say a few words about the situation re filming continuation novels, and here's his reply:

"Danjaq has the film rights to all things Bond. IFP has the literary rights to all things Bond. Only IFP can publish Bond in print. Only Danjaq/EON can make Bond movies (and they have all merchandising rights, like toys, videogames, etc.) too. I am not privy to the current arrangement between Danjaq and IFP with regard to what the latter gets when a film is made, or how it would work if the former wants to do a continuation novel as a film. That's above my pay grade."

I'm much obliged to him for his quick reply.

That was an inspired idea, Barbel -{

Kinda knocks the whole 'story' into a cocked hat -{
    YNWA 97
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 SwitzerlandPosts: 870MI6 Agent
    I think all the rumours are useless. Nothing is confirmed except P+W and 2019. That's bad enough so I'm not even looking forward really to new actual news :))
    Dalton Rulez™
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    The title of SHATTERHAND was up on John Logans website as the title for bond 25 months ago.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    Shatterhand would be cool however its been bandied about all over websites for a while now so seems a bit too obvious for EON to use. Everybody kind of expecting it :)
    Yeah it was just after Christmas when I first saw that on Logans site, it been moved now and replaced with bond 25, which is still odd as Logan isn't involved.
    The Raymond Benson story is being recycled as fact! https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/films/835015/James-Bond-25-plot-leak-storyline-title-Shatterhand-Never-Dream-Of-Dying/amp
    Lol - not suprised.

Make you wonder if these journalists do anything at all. All nick each others fabricated headlines... Love how the "wrist slashing" is still used in most also
    8-) that misquote really p+sses me off.
    Yeah journos are just lazy, but it keeps bond in the media which I'm sure eon don't mind at all.
    Sir Miles wrote:

That was an inspired idea, Barbel -{

Thank you! :)
    HowardB wrote:
    The article was just tacked together from bits and pieces of old rumors by someone who doesn't even have the Bond knowledge to see that most of it was contradictory. That being said, I wouldn't mind seeing someone like Nolan tackle the OMHSS/YOLT saga as a fresh start with a new Bond after Craig.
    It is not out of the realm of possibility IMO if Craig is back that Bond 25 begins (PTS may be?) with Bond marrying Madeleine and her being murdered by Hinx and other SPECTRE henchman as they leave for their honeymoon ala the end of OHMSS. Don't know what I'd do for the rest, but something based upon the original YOLT novel could work. Just rename it the Garden of Death or if it's back to backs, Shatterhand for 25 and The Garden of Death for 26. Just a little daydreaming on my part.

I think I've read you say this before, and I totally agree, you and I share the same dream of wanting "The Garden Of Death" as DC's swansong -{
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

welshboy78 wrote:
    Love how the "wrist slashing" is still used in most also

Constantly reading the wrist-slitting quote makes me wanna slit my wrists

I don't want the OHMSS story remade, simply because OHMSS is a brilliant movie. Do something new, I say!
  • Dirty PunkerDirty Punker ...Your Eyes Only, darling."Posts: 2,587MI6 Agent
    Jarvio wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:

:)) :)) :))
    Sad but true.
    a reasonable rate of return
    I found this on www.mi6community.com:

"James Bond Downunder reports that Yann Demange was spotted at EON House in London; comments from fans asking about Bond on Demange's Instagram are promptly deleted"

Comments?
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    I don't want the OHMSS story remade, simply because OHMSS is a brilliant movie. Do something new, I say!

Same here!
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 SwitzerlandPosts: 870MI6 Agent
    Jarvio wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:

Sad but true.

But that is not the media's fault.

Craig said those words which was stupid of him even for his standards.

"I rather break this glass and slash my twists than..."

Those words have become his legacy.
    Dalton Rulez™
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,760MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    Number24 wrote:

Same here!

Agreed. I have no desire to see that at his point, mai my because I do not trust Purvis and Wade to do it justice.
    Jarvio wrote:

Sad but true.

Yep. You can't make a comment like that, especially in this day and age, without accepting the consequences. I understand he was tired blah blah blah. It was a dumb thing to say. Period.
    Jarvio wrote:

Sad but true.

Accept you (and the press) miss out the very first word he said which changes the context completely!!!

Q: Can you imagine doing another Bond movie?
    Now? I’d rather break this glass and slash my wrists. No, not at the moment.

Agree though it was still a dumb thing to say during the promotion of the film. He should of known better of the consequences and the press
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Sad but true.

Accept you (and the press) miss out the very first word he said which changes the context completely!!!

Q: Can you imagine doing another Bond movie?
    Now? I’d rather break this glass and slash my wrists. No, not at the moment.

Agree though it was still a dumb thing to say during the promotion of the film. He should of known better of the consequences and the press

I'm sorry, but the word "now" doesn't carry the weight you suggest. If he had said something like "I'm sure in a few months I'll fee differently," and the press had left that part off when recycling the quote, your point would be more valid. But he didn't qualify the statement in any meaningful way. He also went on to say he'd only do another one "for the money." That comment actually sits much worse with me.
    Well "now??" with a question mark as quoted in the real interview (this word skipped by most of the press selectively) interprets to me as "right now" / "this moment" which makes it completely different to simply "I rather slit my wrists" which I interpret as "Never again / ever"

DC and Mendes even explained this last year

Of course he could have said it better as you suggest however the media have 100% twisted it by conveniently ignoring "Now?"
This discussion has been closed.