Bond 25, shooting news and Rumours. ( possible Spoilers)

Comments

• caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,953MI6 Agent
    MrGore wrote:
    There wasn't much " magick or lucid dreaming" in Dunkirk.
    I didn't imagine there would be, such visionary filmmaking would be inappropriate for an historical event some people are still old enough to have lived through (though there are some great visionary WWII novels)
    I guess your point is its not an either/or thing, Batman or trippy storytelling, his palette is broader than that
    I hope to see this film while its still at the theatre, but want to watch Interstellar first, just to experience them in order, for whatever geeky reason
    my library doesn't have his earlier films
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    MrGore wrote:
    There wasn't much " magick or lucid dreaming" in Dunkirk. Just expertly handled action sequences, which managed multiple times to squeeze every ounce of suspense out of each set piece. Very realistic, but also low on gore. Just perfect for Bond.

That is something that needs to return to the Bond films....some real suspense and tension. CR had it and Skyfall. SPECTRE had a few moments of suspense and tension (Bond crashing the SPECTRE meeting and being introduced to Blofeld and Bond's finding/meeting with Mr. White come to mind).
  • MrGoreMrGore Posts: 129MI6 Agent
    CR had suspense built in because they were faithful to Fleming's novel. The first two parts of the story (movie and book) were constructed to be suspenseful. The gambling sequences and the pursuit and capture by Le Chiffre.
    Campbell did a fantastic job making the most of that material.
    Maybe, if he is going to do it, Nolan wants plenty of time to work up a decent script.
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    Too generic an action sequence, and inconsistent with Bond's objective. He sets out to protect Madeleine, but rams the plane up the car, almost hitting her. It starts off quite well - the exchange between Hinx and Bond as they drive/fly side by side was nice, but it quickly devolves into Bond jumping in head first instead of using his wits - a key component which sets Bond films apart.. It could have happened in any other movie.

I do agree with you though in that it's nice to see something else happen on the snow. Perhaps Q could have delivered a plane with some concealed gadgets and left it to Bond?
    Yeah what the hell was Bond thinking during most of that sequence, he's lucky he lived and didn't endanger any civilians with his carelessness.
  • Revolver66Revolver66 Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 470MI6 Agent
    I agree with the comments on here that suggest that the Bond franchise has been in much tougher spots than the one it is currently in. I also have faith that the next film will be a winner and the series will continue on its merry way. A long gap is fine provided that the film you make everyone wait for is a good one. Spy, GE, and SF are perfect examples. However if it is not a good film, then you might find that the series could be in a bit of trouble. Not perhaps series ending trouble, but trouble nonetheless. Without questions this is currently the most competitive time for franchise film making in cinema history. You really have to nail it, otherwise in this climate you get left behind.
  • armenianmoviemanarmenianmovieman The 818Posts: 674MI6 Agent
    Too generic an action sequence, and inconsistent with Bond's objective. He sets out to protect Madeleine, but rams the plane up the car, almost hitting her. It starts off quite well - the exchange between Hinx and Bond as they drive/fly side by side was nice, but it quickly devolves into Bond jumping in head first instead of using his wits - a key component which sets Bond films apart.. It could have happened in any other movie.

I do agree with you though in that it's nice to see something else happen on the snow. Perhaps Q could have delivered a plane with some concealed gadgets and left it to Bond?
    Yeah what the hell was Bond thinking during most of that sequence, he's lucky he lived and didn't endanger any civilians with his carelessness.

That scene is kind of a drag, and I enjoy this movie, despite my many criticisms against it.

Or, rather, I don't watch that scene with the same excitement I watch, say, the opening sequence, or the Rome chase, or the train fight.

IMO, there's more suspense with the intercut of Q evading those goons in the tram than there is in that chase.
    Yes. Consssssiderably.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,816MI6 Agent
    I think the scene is good :007)
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,992Quartermasters
    Barbel wrote:

A fun read - thanks! We've bandied some of that about here B-) I'd love to see a female '00' in a supporting role.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,760MI6 Agent
    I thought the mention of Gala Brand was particularly interesting. Using her would be a nice way to give people the "strong female lead" that everyone seems to crave while giving a nice nod to the educated fans. But they wouldn't necessarily want to play the undercover agent angle. I'd rather know up front that "x" actress was playing the character rather than a repeat of the absurd Waltz-is-Oberhauser subterfuge.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,992Quartermasters
    Barbel wrote:

A fun read - thanks! We've bandied some of that about here B-) I'd love to see a female '00' in a supporting role.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,953MI6 Agent
    one thing I notices is Fiennes is only committed for one more film
    nice they get a big star to play a recurring role, but a big star seems to mean a big part, which is more of a commitment of time
    I think Bernard Lee usually only got about 5 minutes screentime max each film, that sort of obligation would be much more do-able, and they might be able to keep Fiennes round longer if he wasn't expected to be the co-star
    I thought the mention of Gala Brand was particularly interesting. Using her would be a nice way to give people the "strong female lead" that everyone seems to crave while giving a nice nod to the educated fans.
    after seeing Halle Berry, I'd say this really would depend on the actress playing the part. Jinx was basically what they're describing, even slated for a spinoff series, and so annoying. Way too much of the film was devoted to showcasing her character, and ultimately she adds nothing to the plot. but there are 3 billion women out there who aren't Halle Berry, so lets get casting. Gillian Anderson would be good but she is older than when she was in her FBI agent prime.
    But they wouldn't necessarily want to play the undercover agent angle. I'd rather know up front that "x" actress was playing the character rather than a repeat of the absurd Waltz-is-Oberhauser subterfuge.
    One of the recent continuation novels had the surprise reveal fellow 00-agent schtick you're discussing. It was totally clear from the first scene who she really was. Just makes Bond look dumber than the reader when he cant figure it out til the last page.
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,760MI6 Agent
    One of the recent continuation novels had the surprise reveal fellow 00-agent schtick you're discussing. It was totally clear from the first scene who she really was. Just makes Bond look dumber than the reader when he cant figure it out til the last page.

Agreed. Plus, they've recently played the undercover female agent angle in TND and DAD, as well as the undercover MI6 Agent also in DAD. So it's not exactly a "fresh" approach. Not to mention Pam Bouvier, Holly Goodhead, etc. And somehow every time it makes Bond look a bit more daft than the time before.
    If Craig returns for two back-to-back Bond movies, this is what I'd like to see:

Bond25 is about how SPECTRE used blackmail to free Blofeld. The threath could be a bomb in a space sattelite or an atomic bomb in the vulcano on the Canary Islands. Bond stops this, but SPECTRE has a plan B (traitor in the MI6?) and freedom Blofeld before the end credits.

Bond26 used the Garden of Death story and Bond kills Blofeld in the end.
  • Dirty PunkerDirty Punker ...Your Eyes Only, darling."Posts: 2,587MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    If Craig returns for two back-to-back Bond movies, this is what I'd like to see:

Bond25 is about how SPECTRE used blackmail to free Blofeld. The threath could be a bomb in a space sattelite or an atomic bomb in the vulcano on the Canary Islands. Bond stops this, but SPECTRE has a plan B (traitor in the MI6?) and freedom Blofeld before the end credits.

Bond26 used the Garden of Death story and Bond kills Blofeld in the end.
    I would be happy with that. A genuine Bond adventure. If Madeleine would return in that scenario, Bond can still go OHMSS-style shagging spree on the Bond girls.
    Hope that SPECTRE's humour returns in the next movie.
    a reasonable rate of return
    This would work with or without Madeleine.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    Luisbar wrote:

Thats from early in week. Still not official though
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • LuisbarLuisbar Posts: 6MI6 Agent
    bondcomeback.png
    See post 812 Luisbar
  • LuisbarLuisbar Posts: 6MI6 Agent
    Ouch! 8-)
    Haha - I think its safe to say if any Bond news released, it will be posted within 5 mins on ajb {[]
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Earlier this week I too was on the receiving end
    Of Welshboy's sharp tongue ........ :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Yes - you always need keeping in line pussy, along with Higgy!!
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • BondClothingBondClothing Posts: 361MI6 Agent
    If going by this week, we just get more news today!
    Lifestyle guide to the products and locations featured in the James Bond films.
  • Marketto007Marketto007 BrazilPosts: 237MI6 Agent
    If going by this week, we just get more news today!

What do you mean? We'll hear something new today?
  • Cam008Cam008 Posts: 45MI6 Agent
    Whatever, whoever... I hope it's a goodun !
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 SwitzerlandPosts: 870MI6 Agent
    The only news I expect is that Craig comes back after four years (again).

I even wouldn't be surprised if it's Mendes/Newman again.
    Dalton Rulez™
This discussion has been closed.