Bond 25, shooting news and Rumours. ( possible Spoilers)

Comments

• welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    AJB of course :))
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    clublos wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Great article over at mi6 about the Mirrors fabricated Bond scoop :D

Tomorrow Never Lies

https://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/bond-25-daily-mirror-fake-news?id=04293

I find this story terribly ironic.

MI6-HQ made their name by plagiarizing multiple news outlets. They hacked commanderbond.net and literally copied stories from their servers, as evidenced by their posting a trumped-up story posted to commanderbond.net's servers (which was never intended to be uploaded to the internet) as bait.

I'm tempted to join their forum and call them out on this...

I didn't know that about them. That's very sad. It's sadly a common occurrence on the internet. The website now known as JBSuits.com has stolen a lot of material from me for their blog. They would also re-post articles from major news sites on their blog and claim it was their article.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • Dirty PunkerDirty Punker ...Your Eyes Only, darling."Posts: 2,587MI6 Agent
    clublos wrote:
    clublos wrote:

MI6-HQ made their name by plagiarizing multiple news outlets. They hacked commanderbond.net and literally copied stories from their servers, as evidenced by their posting a trumped-up story posted to commanderbond.net's servers (which was never intended to be uploaded to the internet) as bait.

when did this happen? Recently? If so, that is awful!

This was many years ago, when MI6-HQ was starting out and commanderbond.net had a more active community. There are members on this forum that can corroborate what I've said, if they so desire to speak publicly about it. Of course, we all know which site has come out on top.
    clublos, I'm currently making a vid on the recent Bond 25 news, amongst other thing. I talk a bit about the article Mi6 HQ released etc. and of course about the elephant in the room. Would you mind if I mention that event as "oh the irony"?
    a reasonable rate of return
    edited August 2017
    Dirty Punker

Ive no idea about the bickering between Bond sites, however I would def do your own research first rather then take someones view as gospel (no disrespect to clublos, who even advised as such)

Just my 2 cents {[]
  • clublosclublos Jacksonville, FLPosts: 193MI6 Agent
    Dirty Punker, I honestly wouldn't mention it, probably not worth going into after all these years, especially considering everything else you have to work with.

It's funny, I remember reading articles they posted that were copied word for word from other news outlets. They didn't even bother to cite references. But that was back in the day, I'm sure they're better now...
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,760MI6 Agent
    This is a blast from the past. I was active on the Commander Bond forums about 15 years ago, but I was not aware of this. I know at the time I felt CBn was superior to MI6 in terms of news. I've never been on the MI6 forum, so I can't speak to that community. In any event, that story is unfortunate if it's true.
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,760MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    clublos wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Great article over at mi6 about the Mirrors fabricated Bond scoop :D

Tomorrow Never Lies

https://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/bond-25-daily-mirror-fake-news?id=04293

I didn't know that about them. That's very sad. It's sadly a common occurrence on the internet. The website now known as JBSuits.com has stolen a lot of material from me for their blog. They would also re-post articles from major news sites on their blog and claim it was their article.

Do you know who the the creator of that blog is? Assuming what you have said is correct, you should consider sending them a cease and desist letter (if you haven't already).
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    clublos wrote:

Do you know who the the creator of that blog is? You should consider sending them a cease and desist letter (if you haven't already).

They took down a lot of things. I wasn't the only one they stole from. Using production stills and photos of Tom Ford suits to sell their own is a far greater offence. But I never was able to get through to them or find out who they actually were. It's just so easy to see from their site what fakers (my grandfather's favoruite word) these people are.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • zaphod99zaphod99 Posts: 1,415MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Shatterhand would be cool however its been bandied about all over websites for a while now so seems a bit too obvious for EON to use. Everybody kind of expecting it :)

More obvious than Spectre?
    Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
    I would say its been mentioned and bandied about more then SPECTRE was at this stage
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,991Quartermasters
    I foolishly said here, prior to the announcement of SP as the title, that they wouldn't do two single-word titles - both beginning with an 'S' - in a row ;% But THREE in a row? That would boggle the mind.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
    I foolishly said here, prior to the announcement of SP as the title, that they wouldn't do two single-word titles - both beginning with an 'S' - in a row ;% But THREE in a row? That would boggle the mind.
    Also, stop using Die in the title.
    I think that someone mentioned that once the Fleming titles ran a bit dry, the novel/movie/novelisation titles all had some variation of "die" in them. Going from the mid-90s to early-00s, I believe.
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,142MI6 Agent
    'Never Kill and Live and Die Another Death Again'

What's wrong with that..? :)
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 SwitzerlandPosts: 870MI6 Agent
    Three single word titles with a Captial S.

Why not. After all what EON has dished us up since 2006 I say everything is possible.
    I mean imagine the writers of TWINE and DAD would continue getting that job for five more films. Anyone right in the head would call that insane....oh....wait....
    Dalton Rulez™
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    " sibling rivalry" if Blofeld is back
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    I think that the next title will be My Little Pony Brother or Live Another Day to Kill Enough Tomorrows.
    Operation cuckoo
  • DutchfingerDutchfinger Holland With LovePosts: 1,240MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Shatterhand would be cool however its been bandied about all over websites for a while now so seems a bit too obvious for EON to use. Everybody kind of expecting it :)

For me that's still my number 1 pick for the next title to be honest! I don't really care that people are expecting it. I also wouldn't be bothered to have three single worded titles starting with an S in a row. It makes for a unique period in retrospect too! After all, those will be the only three movies of the '2010's' decade.
    Better known as DutchBondFan on YouTube. My 007 movie reviews: Recapping 007
    YouTube channel Support my channel on Patreon Twitter Facebook fanpage
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,804MI6 Agent
    I wouldn't mind three S-names in a row. What might be a problem is the old European western figure named Shatterhand. How well known is that series among people under fifty, and how many countries was he known in. I don't think he was known in my country.
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    The Garden Of Death would make for the best ever bond title IMO
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
    I've never heard of him ?:)
    Winnetou and Old Shatterhand, yes, HUGELY popular in Germany/France/Switzerland/Austria/Scandinavia and probably much of European mainland.
    Dalton Rulez™
    I'll ask my father, but personally I had never heard of Shatterhand until I joined this forum. It's possible Shatterhand was better known in Denmark and Sweden, since those countries traditionally had closer ties to Germany Norway has been closer to Britain for centuries.
  • IanFryerIanFryer Posts: 327MI6 Agent
    From the Karl May western novels and the films based on them. Hugely popular in Europe, especially in German-speaking countries.
    Yes, I just did some research. Karl May sold over 200 million comes and is probably the most sold German author ever. But I can't find any trace of his books in print in Norwegian. The major book stores mention him, but they only list his books in German and English. There are entries about May in Norwegian Wikipedia and other enclosphedias (wrong spelling, I know) but very short ones and no entries for Shatterhand. Perhaps he became taboo here after WWII? I'm just speculating. Would be strange, since I would think westerns were seen as American culture.
    Anyway, It seems clear his books were hugely popular in continental Europe. Did Fleming know about Karl May and Old Shatterhand?
  • ShadowfallShadowfall Posts: 42MI6 Agent
    A thought that came to me today - if Craig is back for 25 in 2019 does that mean EON will double down on efforts to try and keep him for Bond 26 so they have an established bond for the 60th anniversary in 2022 (when Craig is 54)? I can imagine both EON and whomever is distributing the films now, baulking at the idea of having to commemorate a milestone whilst also launching a new Bond actor, unless they market that as the point, 007th Bond in 60 years of keeping the British end up, etc.
    Will they even care about the 60th so soon from the big 50th?
    welshboy78 wrote:

I think they will not make a big thing about it. Maybe like with the 40th. Think of a way to celebrate it, but probably not by showing Bond's history in the film like they did with DAD.

But then you never know. If Craig stays for Bond 25 (which he will say it's his last) he'll be back again in 2022 or 2023 (more likely actually) because at this point "tunnel vision" has become the only vision EON has.

I see another Connery scenario coming. We are halfway there anyway. It will just be without the one film with another actor scenario.

BB's obsession with Craig can't be underestimated imho. If that is good for the fans and the franchise...
    Dalton Rulez™
    welshboy78 wrote:
    I bet omega do even if eon don't.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,600Chief of Staff
    Chriscoop wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:
    I bet omega do even if eon don't.

Will Eon still be in charge ?
    YNWA 97
This discussion has been closed.