Bond 25, shooting news and Rumours. ( possible Spoilers)

Comments

• LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,991Quartermasters
    Chriscoop wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:
    I was actually thinking about this the other day when watching QoS
    I'd love to see her back, and her front, and her side and her other side.......
    20170805_171818.jpg

I was interested to learn that Gal Gadot auditioned for the role of Camille.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    I also read that about Gadot, she's a beauty :x
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    welshboy78 wrote:
    I also read that about Gadot, she's a beauty :x

Indeed! And as it turns out, I think she'll be just fine :))
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:
    I was actually thinking about this the other day when watching QoS
    20170805_171818.jpg

It must be an awful job casting the female roles in a bond film.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Chriscoop wrote:
    20170805_171818.jpg

"The things I do for Queen and country..."
    Chriscoop wrote:

:))
  • Dirty PunkerDirty Punker ...Your Eyes Only, darling."Posts: 2,587MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Chriscoop wrote:

:))
    Anyone seen Wicker's World with the female auditions?
    All that kissing and stroking!
    Is hard work.
    a reasonable rate of return
    Gal Gadot would only have been 22 at that time, olga is I think a couple of years older.
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    Olga is a good example of a model who actually became a good actress. Gal Gadot has actually become a legit star. She's very, very good in Wonder Woman and can do a bit of humor too. IMO, Gadot may be the most beautiful actress in film today. My personal all time favorite Bond Woman is still Luciana Paluzzi from TB who bless her, still looks great at 80.
    HowardB wrote:
    Olga is a good example of a model who actually became a good actress. Gal Gadot has actually become a legit star. She's very, very good in Wonder Woman and can do a bit of humor too. IMO, Gadot may be the most beautiful actress in film today. My personal all time favorite Bond Woman is still Luciana Paluzzi from TB who bless her, still looks great at 80.

100% agreed {[]
  • DutchfingerDutchfinger Holland With LovePosts: 1,240MI6 Agent
    I'm all for returning Bond girls too, there were quite a few instances in the franchise where it really should have happened!

I think out of all the Bond girls right now, probably Lea Seadoux has the highest chance of returning though.
    Better known as DutchBondFan on YouTube. My 007 movie reviews: Recapping 007
    YouTube channel Support my channel on Patreon Twitter Facebook fanpage
  • 007Downunder007Downunder Hobart, Australia Posts: 373MI6 Agent
    For what it's worth Sun reporting Craig will do 2 more
    Anthony
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,760MI6 Agent
    Gal Gadot is, in my mind, undoubtedly the most beautiful woman in film. I was completely transfixed watching her in Wonder Woman. And I agree with Howard that she can also act. Her performance was actually very nuanced. She'd make an incredible Bond girl, but she's probably much too big a star at this point.
  • DutchfingerDutchfinger Holland With LovePosts: 1,240MI6 Agent
    For what it's worth Sun reporting Craig will do 2 more

There really is no way to know that. I don't even think Craig himself knows that!
    Better known as DutchBondFan on YouTube. My 007 movie reviews: Recapping 007
    YouTube channel Support my channel on Patreon Twitter Facebook fanpage
  • bonded123bonded123 Posts: 291MI6 Agent
    Fingers crossed, we may get something from Craig this month. Lucky Logan is out 18th August so there's a chance some of the crazy reporting - Craig back for two more films, OHMSS remake!, the title is Shatterhand - can be clarified or categorically denied. If Craig is asked about returning to the role and gives a muted response: "I don't know if I'm coming back, let's wait and see" I'm sure some fans will be disappointed. I suppose an ambiguous reply will play into the hands of some Bond fans that want to see the role recast. A new actor might sound more enthusiastic about the role, perhaps.
    I think interviewers will be briefed not to ask dc about bond during the lucky Logan promos, I dont think the studio executives would be happy with bond derailing their film. I think we'll get some news in September after dc is done with lucky Logan.
  • MrGoreMrGore Posts: 129MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:
    I think interviewers will be briefed not to ask dc about bond during the lucky Logan promos, I dont think the studio executives would be happy with bond derailing their film. I think we'll get some news in September after dc is done with lucky Logan.

You're probably right. These days, interviewers usually agree to not mentioning anything the guest doesn't want to talk about. It's all very controlled, these days.
  • MrGoreMrGore Posts: 129MI6 Agent
    HowardB wrote:
    My personal all time favorite Bond Woman is still Luciana Paluzzi from TB who bless her, still looks great at 80.

Yup. Totally agree.
    And she is in London, signing in September.
    MrGore wrote:
    Chriscoop wrote:

You're probably right. These days, interviewers usually agree to not mentioning anything the guest doesn't want to talk about. It's all very controlled, these days.

I listen movie stars being interviewed on radio2 a lot and there is often mention of " The studio guys " telling the Dj's before hand what they can't ask, they are also very keen on the actors not giving anything about the movie away. Only yesterday James Mcavoy was being interviewed and was asked "what's in the pipeline? He said an new x men film and asked if could say anything about it he" well there will be some mutants and I'm in it "
    Of course we may get some hapless journo who tries their luck and may get some of Dc's famed responses?
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    Craig will surely have an answer prepared for the question in the event that someone asks him about Bond. Anyone who interviews him and doesn't ask about Bond is going to look like a bad interviewer, but if they don't ask the obvious question that everyone wants to know, it's also obvious they were told not to.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    ‘Bond 25’ Could Delay Showtime’s Daniel Craig Series ‘Purity’ Until 2019

http://www.slashfilm.com/purity-tv-series-delayed-by-bond-25/

This would seem to be the most concrete news out there regarding Craig's return.
    Matt S wrote:

This would seem to be the most concrete news out there regarding Craig's return.

This flies in the face of the back-to-back film notion. But then again, all we can do is chase the bread crumbs that are dropped along the trail :#
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    I thought Purity was being filmed around now with one quick shoot??

Also are those comments from Nevin new or rehashed from before?? He said something before about Bond
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • Revs1972Revs1972 Posts: 78MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:

This flies in the face of the back-to-back film notion. But then again, all we can do is chase the bread crumbs that are dropped along the trail :#

The films would probably be shot back to back...... with a gap between them being released.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,360Chief of Staff
    all we can do is chase the bread crumbs that are dropped along the trail :#

Surely there must be some announcement soon!

("There will be, and don't call me Shirley.")
  • eric7064eric7064 USAPosts: 343MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:

Very interesting. I was akways under the assumption DC would be back and have time to film this show before needing to come back for Bond.

The fact the Showtime exec said the show is "delayed" because DC is doing Bond tells me that even DC may have been serious about not coming back.
  • Gala BrandGala Brand Posts: 1,172MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:

A competent director could make two Bond films back-to-back in ten months. Start in 8/2018 and finish in 6/2019. And then Craig would have the rest of the year to do his TV show.

If Craig does come back, I hope its because Nolan is directing. If Craig comes back just for the dough, I'll be very disappointed in him.
  • BondClothingBondClothing Posts: 361MI6 Agent
    Gala Brand wrote:
    Matt S wrote:

A competent director could make two Bond films back-to-back in ten months. Start in 8/2018 and finish in 6/2019. And then Craig would have the rest of the year to do his TV show.

If Craig does come back, I hope its because Nolan is directing. If Craig comes back just for the dough, I'll be very disappointed in him.
    Only Nolan?
    Lifestyle guide to the products and locations featured in the James Bond films.
    Gala Brand wrote:
    Matt S wrote:

Do you think they could actually get funding to make two back-to-back films? That's a lot more capital than the Bond films would usually get.

Nolan implied that he doesn't want to do a Bond film with Craig, so I wouldn't expect that.
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    My guess is that Craig had a clause in his Purity contract that would allow a delay for Bond. IMO there are probably other variables besides money that would either push Craig to leave the role or return. First, time is the great healer. He's had time to let his body recover and recharge himself mentally by doing other projects. A good script...maybe based on original Fleming material. Despite our lack of confidence in P&W, if Bond 25 is in fact a faithful adaptation of the YOLT novel it could be very good plus we don't know who is waiting in the wings to do the final polish. Finally, there could also be a director willing to get on board that Craig really wants to work with and I'll just throw this one in for good measure: despite the idea that has been perpetuated or insinuated by some that Craig dislikes playing James Bond, maybe he likes playing Bond, was disappointed with SPECTRE and wants to go out on a high note to solidify his legacy as Bond.
This discussion has been closed.