Bond 25, shooting news and Rumours. ( possible Spoilers)

Comments

• zaphod99zaphod99 Posts: 1,415MI6 Agent
    I think we can all agree that there won't be a Bond film released in 2017. But what about 2018? This seems possible when considering the recent three-year gap between Skyfall and SPECTRE, and the comments attributed to an MGM executive that I seem to recall from earlier this year about Bond being on a three-year cycle. Nevertheless, with the distributor question still unresolved, and the apparent uncertainty surrounding the casting of Bond, is 2019 or 2020 more realistic?

I feel that 2019 is the earliest that we are likely to see and would not be at all surprised if 2020 was the outcome. Let's hope it's worth the wait. They are in disarray and appear to have no contingency planning to speak of. I think Cubby pretty much always had a plan B, but perhaps they were simpler times... at the moment there appears to be no way forward. I'd like to think that it's all going on behind the scenes.
    Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
  • Gala BrandGala Brand Posts: 1,172MI6 Agent
    We'll know in less than six months if we get Bond 25 in 2018. If there's no news about casting/director/distributor/script by early March 2017, I can't see shooting starting by January 2018.
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,759MI6 Agent
    Gala Brand wrote:
    We'll know in less than six months if we get Bond 25 in 2018. If there's no news about casting/director/distributor/script by early March 2017, I can't see shooting starting by January 2018.

Craig was announced in October 2005 and filming began in January 2006. I think distributor and script are probably the main obstacles that could hold things up.
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    My gut feeling is we get Bond 25 in Nov 2018 with or without Craig. Just because we don't know that EON has a back up plan doesn't mean they don't have a back up plan. Just because we don't know who the next Bond is doesn't mean the next Bond hasn't been chosen.
    If there is a new Bond actor it could certainly effect the script. My guess, new Bond actor = no Blofeld in Bond 25.
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
    More of the gospel truth from the tabs. Even if it was true, it wouldn't prevent her from recording.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    HowardB wrote:
    More of the gospel truth from the tabs. Even if it was true, it wouldn't prevent her from recording.

No it wouldn't, but I don't know why she would record another Bond theme. Why aren't people talking about Madonna or Sam Smith coming back for another?
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,324Chief of Staff
    Matt S wrote:
    Why aren't people talking about Madonna or Sam Smith coming back for another?

Because they've heard their songs...?
    Matt S wrote:
    HowardB wrote:

No it wouldn't, but I don't know why she would record another Bond theme. Why aren't people talking about Madonna or Sam Smith coming back for another?

1) Because Madonna's DAD theme sucked :o
    2) Adele is more of a Tab headline darling -{
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    I was just trying to imply that there's no precedent for theme artists coming back if their name isn't Shirley. And people have always been talking about Adele coming back for Bond like it's a given.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    I don't think it's a given, but it might happen- she seems the most likely of the recent theme singers to be asked to return.
  • welshguy34welshguy34 Posts: 219MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    HowardB wrote:

Because their music is terrible.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    welshguy34 wrote:
    Matt S wrote:
    HowardB wrote:

Because their music is terrible.

Ha - true :D
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Posts: 296MI6 Agent
    In an interview with Business Insider Susanne Bier shoots down rumours that she is shortlisted to direct Bond 25.

“I’d be very honoured and it would be a lot of fun, but it’s all rumours. It’s all the media stirring something up. I don’t know why rumours grow or what initiates them,” she said.

Bier added that she is yet to be approached by Broccoli, but stressed that becoming the first woman ever to direct a “James Bond” movie would be “amazingly fun.”
    James Bond Australia - Website | Twitter | Mastodon | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Newsletter

Bond on the Box - Website | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | LetterBoxd | YouTube
  • IanTIanT Posts: 573MI6 Agent
    Some might say that by her very denial, she has got the gig
  • lotuslotus englandPosts: 292MI6 Agent
    Dan is coming back
  • zaphod99zaphod99 Posts: 1,415MI6 Agent
    "He's not the messiah, just a very naughty boy"
    Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
    lotus wrote:
    Dan is coming back

Do you have a source for that?
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,573Chief of Staff
    Barbel wrote:
    lotus wrote:
    Dan is coming back

IMG_2167.jpg

:D
    YNWA 97
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Barbel wrote:
    lotus wrote:
    Dan is coming back

IMG_2167.jpg

:D

Ya sure? I got a feeling it might be this one. ^^
    poopforsale.jpg
  • lotuslotus englandPosts: 292MI6 Agent
    Lol i dont think anyone on here has a source lol its as bad as the news papers
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    Red_Snow wrote:
    In an interview with Business Insider Susanne Bier shoots down rumours that she is shortlisted to direct Bond 25.

“I’d be very honoured and it would be a lot of fun, but it’s all rumours. It’s all the media stirring something up. I don’t know why rumours grow or what initiates them,” she said.

Bier added that she is yet to be approached by Broccoli, but stressed that becoming the first woman ever to direct a “James Bond” movie would be “amazingly fun.”

I think she'd be a great choice.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,573Chief of Staff
    lotus wrote:

I know there are at least a couple of people on here that have -{
    YNWA 97
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,795MI6 Agent
    Red_Snow wrote:

While I loved The Night Manager and think Bier is a very good director, I don't think they should hire her for Bond. There is an old tradition for hiring British directors and they should continue to do so.
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    lotus wrote:

You know nothing Jon Snow... ^^
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    Number24 wrote:
    Red_Snow wrote:

While I loved The Night Manager and think Bier is a very good director, I don't think they should hire her for Bond. There is an old tradition for hiring British directors and they should continue to do so.

It's not absolutely exclusive that way, of course, with Marc Forster shaking things up (literally ;% )...and keeping it in the extended commonwealth (New Zealander Lee Tamahori) certainly doesn't guarantee a good Bond picture.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
    In the formative years of the cinematic Bond, having a British director made a huge difference IMO. Terence Young's influence on the cinematic Bond character was invaluable. An American or other non-British director could never have translated the literary Bond to the screen nearly as well nor have been a Professor Higgins to the talented but rough edged Connery. Nowadays I don't believe that it is nearly as important to have a British or extended Commonwealth director. Bond and the films while being as British as British can be has become an international cultural icon much like the American Western (of which some great ones have been directed by non-Americans).
    But Lee Tamahori and Marc Foster are the exeptions that prove the rule, since their Bond movies are at best controversial (read: bad) :v
  • MarcAngeDracoMarcAngeDraco Piz GloriaPosts: 564MI6 Agent
    edited September 2016
    Campbell is a Kiwi, and he gave us the excellent GoldenEye.

I'm happy for other Europeans and other people of extended Commonwealth countries to direct Bond films... I'd be the last person to suggest a woman direct a Bond film - not because I'm sexist (I'm all for equal opportunity), but because Bond is a male heterosexual's entity, a fantasy for straight men. However, Susanne Bier's work on The Night Manager is perfect. I'd much prefer her to many of her male counterparts, including Guy Ritchie, Chris Nolan and Paul Greengrass.
    Film: Tomorrow Never Dies | Girl: Teresa di Vicenzo | Villain: Max Zorin | Car: Aston Martin Volante | Novel: You Only Live Twice | Bond: Sir Sean Connery
    Campbell is a Kiwi, and he gave us the excellent GoldenEye.

I'm happy for other Europeans and other people of extended Commonwealth countries to direct Bond films... I'd be the last person to suggest a woman direct a Bond film - not because I'm sexist (I'm all for equal opportunity), but because Bond is a male heterosexual's entity, a fantasy for straight men. However, Susanne Bier's work on The Night Manager is perfect. I'd much prefer her to many of her male counterparts, including Guy Ritchie, Chris Nolan and Paul Greengrass.

I hoped no-one would remember Campbell :))
    Yes, there are many excelent non-comonwealth directors who could make a good Bond movie. I still think the directors should be subjects of Queen E II, partly because of tradition and partly to retain a British feel to it all.
This discussion has been closed.