Next Bond after Craig: Rumours, etc

Comments

• JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    I don't think it will be on TV but I'm not sure, me and a few others will be there so we will definitely report back on anything good.

Thanks -{
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    zaphod99 wrote:
    I'm looking forward to learning about it. I wonder which Daniel we will get ? Charming and relaxed, or taciturn and pouty? My guess is it will be the charming edition on this occassion.
    I think dc tends to be pretty honest, too honest sometimes, I'm sure the Internet will awash with reports, hopefully.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    Listening to a local radio station in the car and the conversation turned to bond, interesting the female presenter gushed about dc and how he " oozes manliness " and has made her interested in bond, on the subject of Tom hiddleston being bond she said she just didn't see it at all adding he's just not man enough! Go figure!
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Listening to a local radio station in the car and the conversation turned to bond, interesting the female presenter gushed about dc and how he " oozes manliness " and has made her interested in bond, on the subject of Tom hiddleston being bond she said she just didn't see it at all adding he's just not man enough! Go figure!

Thats my mrs sentiments to a tee!! Im away at the moment, maybe it was her that called in :D
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Chicks ! So sexist. :p
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    That was my first thought too :)) imagine men on the radio discussing a leading lady that way.
    Mrs coop is also a fan of dc though not James bond, except cr and qos. Maybe it's because of my bond clothing expenditure?
  • OrnithologistOrnithologist BerlinPosts: 584MI6 Agent
    I really don't see that much of a difference...

daniel_craig_long_hair_compressed.jpg
    "I'm afraid I'm a complicated woman. "
    "- That is something to be afraid of."
  • ichaiceichaice LondonPosts: 594MI6 Agent
  • ShadowfallShadowfall Posts: 42MI6 Agent
    The interesting part of that article isn't naomei Harris wanting Craig back, why wouldn't she? But the phrase 'i started with daniel' whilst other people have commented their future bond fate is tied up with Craig miss Harris appears to be thinking long haul. Which is nice. It would.be odd if the entire supporting cast changed with every Bond.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Posts: 296MI6 Agent
    Jarvio wrote:
    Jarvio wrote:
    So what time is this "beyond bond" interview happening tomorrow?
    10pm

Is it on TV at that time? Or will it be shown later?

The interviewer tweeted that it will not be livestreamed.
    James Bond Australia - Website | Twitter | Mastodon | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Newsletter

Bond on the Box - Website | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | LetterBoxd | YouTube
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:
    yeah, gonna be difficult to find another actor as masculine and rugged as Craig, Hiddleston doesn't even come close. He's a good looking guy but he doesn't really have the raw sex appeal or animal magnetism of Craig or Connery.
    Many hated the idea of DC as Bond, until CR was released, so who knows perhaps after his first Bond.
    Many may well be surprised by TH ?
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Gala BrandGala Brand Posts: 1,172MI6 Agent
    Hiddleston's Bond will probably be different than Craig's.

But that could be a good thing! It all depends on what he makes of the role.
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,751MI6 Agent
    Hiddleston would be different than Craig, but I would not assume we would be returning to the Moore era chucklefest or even Brosnan (who ironically has to have the largest body count of any Bond...he just did it with more of a smile and not a scowel -{ ). Hiddleston can do cruel and cold blooded very well and apparently has cultivated a rough, tough, Indy Jones, soldier of fortune, ex-military type character in the upcoming King Kong re-boot. The one thing I believe he can bring to the role is a cruel Connery-like wit. We'll see. We're all just wondering in the dark until news of some substance comes our way. Could it be tonight? Best not to get our hopes up. :(
  • superdaddysuperdaddy englandPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    Always thought Clive Standen would have made a great Bond and at 35 still could, only just learned he is to play a young Brian Mills in Taken the TV series which has just started filming so that probably rules him out unfortunately.
  • DutchfingerDutchfinger Holland With LovePosts: 1,240MI6 Agent
    So anything significant been mentioned in this whole "Beyond Bond" thing? Can't seem to find anything on it yet...
    Better known as DutchBondFan on YouTube. My 007 movie reviews: Recapping 007
    YouTube channel Support my channel on Patreon Twitter Facebook fanpage
  • ToTheRightToTheRight Posts: 314MI6 Agent
    According to James Bond Suits on facebook- Craig is announcing his departure from Bond. No named source to this information, but I guess we'll know tonight.
  • MarcAngeDracoMarcAngeDraco Piz GloriaPosts: 564MI6 Agent
    Oh god, I hope you live up to the latter part of your name, ToTheRight.
    Film: Tomorrow Never Dies | Girl: Teresa di Vicenzo | Villain: Max Zorin | Car: Aston Martin Volante | Novel: You Only Live Twice | Bond: Sir Sean Connery
  • 007Downunder007Downunder Hobart, Australia Posts: 373MI6 Agent
    Interview being tweeted live @newyorkerlive so far no news
    Anthony
  • Jake24Jake24 Posts: 13MI6 Agent
    Live updates from the interview:
    https://twitter.com/newyorkerlive
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    ToTheRight wrote:
    According to James Bond Suits on facebook- Craig is announcing his departure from Bond. No named source to this information, but I guess we'll know tonight.

James Bond Suits knows nothing. At least now they give credit to their sources. Before they just stole everything and posted it on their site like it was their own content.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • ToTheRightToTheRight Posts: 314MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    ToTheRight wrote:

James Bond Suits knows nothing. At least now they give credit to their sources. Before they just stole everything and posted it on their site like it was their own content.

It pissed me off enough to block their site........cooling down now like Dalton after popping the balloon.
  • 007Downunder007Downunder Hobart, Australia Posts: 373MI6 Agent
    Mmm so it seems no decision made yet nor any truth to the 150 mill claim
    Anthony
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,751MI6 Agent
    edited October 2016
    Jake24 wrote:
    Live updates from the interview:
    https://twitter.com/newyorkerlive

Thanks much for posting the link. From the few quotes it appears to be a good interview with Craig in a good frame of mind and giving thoughtful answers. I wonder if the big question / 500 lb gorilla in the room will get asked and answered....that's pretty much what we are all waiting for. -{ Craig really has the Red Grant / Ivan Drago thing going on with his bleached buzz cut from Logan Lucky. Maybe playing a wacky character role and some Shakespeare on stage will cleanse his pallet enough to get back into the tux one more time and close out his tenure as Bond on a high note. I wish, I wish.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    Apparently he said that no decision has been made.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • jon_1ukjon_1uk Posts: 672MI6 Agent
    "some men are coming to kill us, we're going to kill them first"
  • zaphod99zaphod99 Posts: 1,415MI6 Agent
    Piss or get off the pot.
    Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
  • MarcAngeDracoMarcAngeDraco Piz GloriaPosts: 564MI6 Agent
    This is not a good sign for the future of James Bond.
    Film: Tomorrow Never Dies | Girl: Teresa di Vicenzo | Villain: Max Zorin | Car: Aston Martin Volante | Novel: You Only Live Twice | Bond: Sir Sean Connery
    zaphod99 wrote:
    Piss or get off the pot.
    Or wait to see if you can happily do justice to the script and story for bond 25. Honestly if you were a consciousness actor would you commit to a project you may not be happy doing?
    I honestly think given how cryptic and evasive DC is about his future as 007, he's probably towing
    the eon line. "Keep 'em guessing" ;) until an official announcement is made. I think he's done with Bond
    but either is contracted or as a favour to the producers, is keeping us guessing. :D
This discussion has been closed.