Next Bond after Craig: Rumours, etc

Comments

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,360Chief of Staff
    I believe there was a comment made earlier about expressing opinions as fact (not that you're the only one who does that around here) but without a source there's no reason for us to believe that is true. It may well be, of course.
  • lotuslotus englandPosts: 292MI6 Agent
    But of course
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,602Chief of Staff
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Ive come to the conclusion nobody knows sod all :)

Oh man - double negatives - I hate those X-(
    So everyone knows everything ?
    Great - I like that better :D
    welshboy78 wrote:
    I would have thought if DC knew 100% he was not going to do another then he would have said so

I think he knows.
    But do you know he knows?

Not as fact.
    YNWA 97
    Marco wrote:
    Latest news from Italian TV are saying that $150M are making DC reconsidering his decision. :D
    I don't know if it's true but for sure after Spectre he didn't do much and once you got used to such amount of money it's very hard to lower the life standard.

And just whom has offered DC $150m ?

That is just a nonsense sum of money...add that to the cost of making, promoting and distributing the film then you would have to break box office records to break even :))
    YNWA 97
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    Daniel Craig has a back.

100% guaranteed.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,991Quartermasters
    I must admit, all this does make me wonder if a Craigger version of DAF is in the offing :o
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
    Daniel Craig has a back.

100% guaranteed.

Can't argue with that - I've seen his back -{
    YNWA 97
  • superdaddysuperdaddy englandPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    I must admit, all this does make me wonder if a Craigger version of DAF is in the offing :o
    love DAF, so maybe there will be a DC film I enjoy :))
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    superdaddy wrote:
    As long as they don't put dc in a pink tie!
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,804MI6 Agent
    lotus wrote:
    I read lots .......ive got no inside contact.......i dont take the press as gospel i just know he will do one more ......im sorry it's all i can say at the moment.
    As ive said before i like all 4 of dans films and millions if other's do too .the producer's love dans films too.and yes im very very confident he will do one more .

English isn't my first language, but ........ when you write "I just know he will do one more." can it be that you ment to say "I'm convinced he will do one more"? Many people confuse conviction with knowledge, the right wing of the Republican party is a good example :D
  • DutchfingerDutchfinger Holland With LovePosts: 1,240MI6 Agent

Good point.. So far all the swansons have been really weak (with the exception of LTK!). Still though, I can recall your certainty that Hiddleston was going to be the next Bond by Bond 25. Does this mean that the recent interview convinced you that Craig may return after all?

Although no confirmation was made, for me it definetly did lift the chances up! I remember the producers stating they want Daniel back, and hearing him admit now that he thinks this is the best job in the world and would miss it terribly if he quit, does add a lot to the hope!
    Better known as DutchBondFan on YouTube. My 007 movie reviews: Recapping 007
    YouTube channel Support my channel on Patreon Twitter Facebook fanpage
  • ToTheRightToTheRight Posts: 314MI6 Agent
    It sounded to me like he'd be interested hypothetically if a Bond film were in the works. However, we aren't anywhere near B25 even beginning development.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    If DC is 100% done I would have thought he would have killed off all the hassle and speculation right there and then to get on with his life without all the bull.

I also have a feeling B25 is a long way off and he has not ruled out another. For some reason or other regardless of DC returning I really cant see TH being given the role
    Instagram - bondclothes007

Good point.. So far all the swansons have been really weak (with the exception of LTK!). Still though, I can recall your certainty that Hiddleston was going to be the next Bond by Bond 25. Does this mean that the recent interview convinced you that Craig may return after all?

Although no confirmation was made, for me it definetly did lift the chances up! I remember the producers stating they want Daniel back, and hearing him admit now that he thinks this is the best job in the world and would miss it terribly if he quit, does add a lot to the hope!
    If dc was without any doubt at all finished with bond and had had that talk with eon then he would at some point have referred to bond in a past tense, he still spoke as if he was bond, if nothing more this gives hope to any who want him to return, I would love dc to continue with a good film, I would hate for him to do bond for the money or half heartedly.
    ToTheRight wrote:
    It sounded to me like he'd be interested hypothetically if a Bond film were in the works. However, we aren't anywhere near B25 even beginning development.

Eon are ALWAYS in the development stage...scripts/story lines being worked on...locations noted for future filming...directors/actors spoken too...B25 went straight into development as soon as B24 started filming...in one fashion or another -{
    YNWA 97
    Number24 wrote:
    lotus wrote:
    I read lots .......ive got no inside contact.......i dont take the press as gospel i just know he will do one more ......im sorry it's all i can say at the moment.
    As ive said before i like all 4 of dans films and millions if other's do too .the producer's love dans films too.and yes im very very confident he will do one more .

English isn't my first language, but ........ when you write "I just know he will do one more." can it be that you ment to say "I'm convinced he will do one more"? Many people confuse conviction with knowledge, the right wing of the Republican party is a good example :D
    He will be back :)) even though im right wing lol
  • James BoldmanJames Boldman Amherst, MAPosts: 461MI6 Agent
    I was not at the DC event, but I did watch David's video. When DC talked about the best job in the world, and he would miss it. I took that to mean acting in general not specifically being Bond. Is that just me, or was he talking about being Bond?
  • ShadowfallShadowfall Posts: 42MI6 Agent
    I was not at the DC event, but I did watch David's video. When DC talked about the best job in the world, and he would miss it. I took that to mean acting in general not specifically being Bond. Is that just me, or was he talking about being Bond?

I agree it appeared as if he was referring to acting as a whole. a lot of news articles have linked that quote to Bond in particular (Must sell more papers)

Maybe someone who was there can enlighten us to the context surrounding that particular answer.
    Sir Miles wrote:
    ToTheRight wrote:

Eon are ALWAYS in the development stage...scripts/story lines being worked on...locations noted for future filming...directors/actors spoken too...B25 went straight into development as soon as B24 started filming...in one fashion or another -{
    This was also my understanding sir miles.
  • zaphod99zaphod99 Posts: 1,415MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:
    superdaddy wrote:
    As long as they don't put dc in a pink tie!

It won't happen, but if it did...I'd love to see the pink tie, I think he could rock it under the right circumstances.
    Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I've seen a few photos where Daniel has been sticking his tongue out, so I too
    Think he could pull off the Pink tie look. :)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • BIG TAMBIG TAM Wrexham, North Wales, UK.Posts: 773MI6 Agent
    Daniel Craig would be mad not to do another one. Being 007 hasn't harmed his career one jot. On the contrary, it keeps his name in lights & is a good payer whilst he pursues other things away from the role. I think he's conducted his career quite well, mixing stage work with film & now pursuing some telly. Good for him. I hope he continues but am mindful of his age. Unless incredibly fit, I can't see he'd fancy running about when he's pushing 60. It may not look entirely credible either.
    BIG TAM wrote:
    Daniel Craig would be mad not to do another one. Being 007 hasn't harmed his career one jot. On the contrary, it keeps his name in lights & is a good payer whilst he pursues other things away from the role. I think he's conducted his career quite well, mixing stage work with film & now pursuing some telly. Good for him. I hope he continues but am mindful of his age. Unless incredibly fit, I can't see he'd fancy running about when he's pushing 60. It may not look entirely credible either.
    He will do only one more
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,991Quartermasters

Well...I've not heard anything from our man on the ground that leads me to believe that Tom isn't the next Bond...but as ever, Craig is the wild card in this equation, and if he changes his mind about not coming back...inside intel doesn't mean anyone is a mind reader ;%
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    lotus wrote:
    BIG TAM wrote:
    He will do only one more

What's your source?
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    Matt S wrote:
    lotus wrote:
    BIG TAM wrote:
    He will do only one more

What's your source?
    Personally Im quite partial to hollandaise especially with crab meat stuffed whiting.
    There are no more accurate outlets for information regarding bond than this forum, who's members are constantly searching for concrete fact, in the absence of that anything else is supposition.
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Matt S wrote:
    lotus wrote:
    He will do only one more

What's your source?
    Personally Im quite partial to hollandaise especially with crab meat stuffed whiting.
    There are no more accurate outlets for information regarding bond than this forum, who's members are constantly searching for concrete fact, in the absence of that anything else is supposition.
    Im afraid i disagree..
    .......eon is more accurate .babs will sort it .
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    lotus wrote:
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Matt S wrote:

What's your source?
    Im afraid i disagree..
    .......eon is more accurate .babs will sort it .

So is EON your source?
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    Daniel Craig has a back, Sack and Crack

100% guaranteed.

must itch when growing back :D
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    If DC is 100% done I would have thought he would have killed off all the hassle and speculation right there and then to get on with his life without all the bull.

I also have a feeling B25 is a long way off and he has not ruled out another. For some reason or other regardless of DC returning I really cant see TH being given the role
    yeah I don't understand why he'll just go "yeah I'm done" unless he wants to be known as Bond for as long as possible.
This discussion has been closed.